Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What characters would you like to see on SWRP?

I've been thinking about this question quite a bit, and I've narrowed down my answer to a few prime subjects. I'd love to see the Star Wars version of these people.

First off, we have L from Death Note:
Death-Note-L-tditdacourtney-17477386-704-396.jpg
[spoiler/]

Next, Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy:
46857.jpg
[spoiler/]

Reno, from Final Fantasy:
reno6.jpg
[spoiler/]

And finally, Zero from Vampire Knight:
-Vampire-Knight-Guilty-Episode-1-Sinners-Of-Fate-zero-kiryuu-fanclub-20257984-1920-1080.jpg
[spoiler/]

What characters do you want to see personified in the Star Wars Universe?

I'd love to see people, not carbon copies of some character/person shoe horned into the setting. It boils my blood to see new characters crop up that are just an imitation of whomever happens to be their avatar.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Salem Norongachi said:
I'd love to see people, not carbon copies of some character/person shoe horned into the setting. It boils my blood to see new characters crop up that are just an imitation of whomever happens to be their avatar.
I love you so much right now. No homo.

I can't tell you countless times I read a character bio then facepalm because they are playing as a starwars version of their playboy.

and I think all the assassins from assassins creed should come here because an assassin faction would be awesome.

[member="SARI"], I used Valentine for a while when I was playing a younger Morna.

@Salen Noroganchi, Contrary to popular belief the only reason I use the name "Dante" is as an Alias for my character Darren Shaw, who I have been using Dante Sparda from DMC 5 for almost my entire time here. I thought it was funny to use the name after a long use of the playby. And I just use his images. Not his actual story.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
No [member="SARI"] I love your character. You've put a lot of work into it and just because you used Cortana as your picture for an AI doesn't mean it's a copy. I mean what other type of character are you going to use a playby of cortana for?

If you just make up a character that fits the exact way that one of these or other "Cross overs" that are in another universe, then that is not really all that great. Others can do that.

What I like to see is someone work from the ground up with almost nothing in their hands, and then create a character to fit a purpose. Then if they want to use the picture simply because it fits, then fine with me. I have done that with a few characters that I have, but I make sure to keep them differently than their stories. The only problem I have come up with is Darren because I made him a long time ago without playing or seeing gameplay of Dante in his series and when I saw the two stories mixing together, I used him as my playby simply because of how I happened to make a minor mistake almost two years ago.

Characters I'd like to see?

I'd love to see a work-a-day father who regularly interacts with his family in-between the adventures and dangers of public threads. A character who spends time with their daughter or son or spouse in a modest home on Dantooine when they're not out blowing up Sith for the greater good. Someone who is simply an average person pulling a job rather than a galactic hero pushing the limits of believably.

I'd like to see a truly unique Force-user. Not one who uses an amalgamation or adaptation of existing tradition/s to build their view of the Force, but something entirely new, unheard of. There are an infinite number of ways to use magic, and yet we always see the same few dozen spliced and butchered together in "new" and "original" ways. I want to see something that no one has thought of before, something unlike anything this board has seen.

It would thrill me to the core to see a patriot for a single country on a single planet that has never been a faction of any sort. Someone whose entire political agenda is one tiny slice of land on one tiny rock in the middle of the great emptiness that is space, rather than power struggles that effect trillions of people. A character so shallow that it requires depth of literary skill simply to be ignorant on such a massive scale. Utterly wrapped up in the squabbles of one spit of land versus another spit of land, and utterly clueless (or uninterested) in the greater conflicts of the galaxy.

I'm sure we have some of these already, so maybe I want to see more of them. But still, these are characters I want to see on SWRP.

...Now, if we're talking avatars/faces/faceclaims (a dumb word for this site, considering no one can claim anything), I'm appalled at the lack of black and hispanic faces we have running around. And there's a persistent problem with an unjust majority of our characters being human. I'd love to see a more even distribution of human to nonhuman characters.

Okay, okay. Before this starts to turn into some kind of argument and/or debate, I'm going to say this. I love Halo. I love Star Wars. I love Final Fantasy. I love anime. When I make crossover characters, I do it because not only do I love the characters, but I want to challenge myself by trying to step into their shoes in a universe unlike their own. I do it because I can put heart into what I'm writing when two of my favorite worlds intertwine. I put long hours into making them someone I love even more than the original. Is it wrong to want to express my skill and creativity by merging two things that I hold in very high regard? Maybe to some of you. But not to me.

Anyway, can we get back to what this thread was ORIGINALLY for please? Thank you.

[member="Salem Norongachi"]

Salem Norongachi said:
This so much.

Also:

Fabula Cavataio said:
Characters I'd like to see?

I'd love to see a work-a-day father who regularly interacts with his family in-between the adventures and dangers of public threads. A character who spends time with their daughter or son or spouse in a modest home on Dantooine when they're not out blowing up Sith for the greater good. Someone who is simply an average person pulling a job rather than a galactic hero pushing the limits of believably.

I'd like to see a truly unique Force-user. Not one who uses an amalgamation or adaptation of existing tradition/s to build their view of the Force, but something entirely new, unheard of. There are an infinite number of ways to use magic, and yet we always see the same few dozen spliced and butchered together in "new" and "original" ways. I want to see something that no one has thought of before, something unlike anything this board has seen.

It would thrill me to the core to see a patriot for a single country on a single planet that has never been a faction of any sort. Someone whose entire political agenda is one tiny slice of land on one tiny rock in the middle of the great emptiness that is space, rather than power struggles that effect trillions of people. A character so shallow that it requires depth of literary skill simply to be ignorant on such a massive scale. Utterly wrapped up in the squabbles of one spit of land versus another spit of land, and utterly clueless (or uninterested) in the greater conflicts of the galaxy.

I'm sure we have some of these already, so maybe I want to see more of them. But still, these are characters I want to see on SWRP.

...Now, if we're talking avatars/faces/faceclaims (a dumb word for this site, considering no one can claim anything), I'm appalled at the lack of black and hispanic faces we have running around. And there's a persistent problem with an unjust majority of our characters being human. I'd love to see a more even distribution of human to nonhuman characters.
This too. You're going to get a special RAM upgrade for this!

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
If you want to use their avatars for inspiration, I see no shame in that.

I mean, look at my avatar.

Doesn't really matter what your character looks like. As long as you don't take their generic personalities with the picture, you should be good. Just... please don't do a crossover. That's all I ask.

I hope to see some good stories coming out of these! :)

GREG

CAPITAL LETTERS!

**** YEAH DUMB PEOPLE

Fabula Cavataio said:
What about Asians? Native Americans? Indians? Arabs?

OH GOD THIS BOARD NEEDS MOAR DIVERSITY AND ENRICHMENT, STAT!!!!!!11

Everyone, notify SJW command.

This board needs multiculturalism. Right. Now.

Seeing an abundance of white people playing white people makes me sick.

In all seriousness, I'd love to see some proper, run of the mill, Star Wars characters. People you look at and instantly know their from this universe. Not just celebrities shopped with a lightsaber in their hands, I'm talking Dugs riding podracers and Imperial admirals commanding Star Destroyers.

I don't want to read an epic, inspiring, piece of writing, only to glance to the side and see the character's playby is the almighty Goku, here to grace us with a super sayan kick to the immersion center of my brain.

Rupert Giles from Buffy the vampire slayer
Seeley Booth from Bones
Meredith Grey/Christina Yang from Grey's Anatomy

your every day sort of heroes.

more that I can't think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom