Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle WG-114 Mobile Rocket Artillery <Hailstorm>

Status
Not open for further replies.
XjTqpsb.png
Image Source: Red Faction - here
Intent: Create the first war vehicle for the Wraithguard, and the first produced vehicle by Corondex.

Canon Link: N/A
Development Thread: Aggressive Acquisition

cHlVcrI.png
Manufacturer: Corondex Arms
Model: 114

Affiliation: Wraithguard; Closed Market.

Modularity: No.
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Reinforced Duranium; Polarizing Field Insulation; Thermal Gel
Role: Mobile Rocket Artillery

Height: 2.5m
Length: 7.2m
Width: 3.9m
Weight: 50 t

Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 3

Propulsion: Electric engine - > Tracks; Small repulsor engine when obstacles arise.
Top Speed: 110km/h

Armaments:
Squadron Count: 12
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: 0
Misc. Equipment:
  • Ray and Particle Shield
  • Active Protection System
  • Non-explosive reactive Armor
  • Standard Missile Configuration:
    ​6 pods, 3 missiles in each:
    Seismic-charge Missiles.
  • -or-
  • Bunker Buster variant of above.

Strengths:
  • Evasive: The speed and the type (un-guided ballistic) of the missiles fired make them hard to track and thus to be countered.
  • Shielded Missiles: Each missile has a miniature shield generator that creates a small shield around the missile protecting it from the actions that aim to disable it.
  • Damage: Due to the nature of its standard configuration - seismic missiles - the Hailstorm is able to deliver an extremely high amounts of damage upon areas it strikes, making each missile count a lot. This enables one vehicle to cover greater areas in destruction due to the larger than standard area one missile affects.
Weaknesses:
  • Non-explosive reactive armor: Utilizing non-explosive reactive armor for the artillery, thus lacking the explosive liner, makes the bulging less energetic than on an explosive reactive armor. Hence, it offers lesser protection.
  • Tracks leave tracks: While repulsor propelled vehicles would leave no tracks behind them thus making their hit shoot-and-scoop tactics absolutely perfect, the Hailstorm does leave tracks in non-urbanized ground making enemies able to possible predict its future location and outmaneuver it.
  • Unguided ballistic missiles: The missiles, as they are unguided, cannot change their course midway if the target has moved from their location after the launch of missiles.

Description: The Hailstorm mobile rocket artillery does not differ from many other contemporary rocket artillery in the sense of defensive capabilities or movement. What differentiates it and makes it a very deadly weapon in the right arms is the ordnance it possesses. Utilizing the seismic technology, Corondex has designed missiles capable of wrecking great havoc in a larger than usual area. This makes the Hailstorm a very versatile artillery, being able to cover substantially more area of effect.

The active protection system it utilizes is fairly standard, being able to completely disable precision-guided attacks but not un-guided ones. It is vulnerable to precise jamming conducted by opposing forces on it. Other than that, it also possesses a polarizing field insulation giving it a much greater resistance to EMP and Ion attacks. The reactive armor and reinforced duranium are fairly generic and massively used around the galaxy in contemporary defence of warfare vehicles.

6 pods with 3 missiles in each make the Hailstorm a 'mule' of ordnance. All 6 pods are universal and are compatible with any other missile for rocket artillery. It is just the seismic charged missiles that are its standard configuration as stated earlier in the misc. equipment. A forward observer can synchronize his own targeting with that of the artillery via momentary signal connection for more precise and up to date target acquisition and accuracy.

In terms of history - the Hailstorm was researched by Harf & Reynos, a direct competitor to Corondex Arms. The company's headquarters were raided by Vitor Avendahl and a party of ApeX mercenaries led by Lieutenant Stirok with the aim of acquiring the plans. With outdated information on the headquarters defences, it was only Stirok, Vitor and one more mercenary to survive the blood bath within. They were able to narrowly escape with the plans and return them to Gad Ignashevic, Corondex's Director of Operations, who immediately began materializing the research plans.

Primary Source: N/A

[member="Wraithguard"]

Hello there! Thank you for choosing the factory today! There's just a few things here needing to be addressed...

You're missing the "Canon Link: (Please link the canon link if applicable canon item.)" from the new Vehicle Template

Just put none or N/A, please.

Wraithguard said:
Magnetically Accelerated Missile Launchers

I would guess the Missle Configuration in the Misc Equipment is the loadout of the Primary Missile Launchers? Just checking.

Wraithguard said:
Tracks leave tracks: While repulsor propelled vehicles would leave no tracks behind them thus making their hit shoot-and-scoop tactics absolutely perfect, the Hailstorm does leave tracks in non-urbanized ground making enemies able to possible predict its future location and outmaneuver it.

I would personally only count this as a weakness for something like a stealth Tank, but I do like it. And the Tracks are vulnerable just as ordinary tracks? Just double checking unless these are some kind of special tracks (Armored skirts over regular tracks still has regular tracks!)

I don't see much more to address here, but I do want to ask you something...

Wraithguard said:
Shielded Missiles: Each missile has a miniature shield generator that creates a small shield around the missile protecting it from the actions that aim to disable it.
How powerful are these shields? Anti-Flak? Anti-Vehicle? Or just Anti-Infantry Weapons?

Edit: Before I leave off, for you second weapon, do you mean "Cannon"?

[member="Vixley CM-01"]

Vixley CM-01 said:
You're missing the "Canon Link: (Please link the canon link if applicable canon item.)" from the new Vehicle Template

Added.

Vixley CM-01 said:
I would guess the Missle Configuration in the Misc Equipment is the loadout of the Primary Missile Launchers? Just checking.
That's correct!

Vixley CM-01 said:
I would personally only count this as a weakness for something like a stealth Tank, but I do like it. And the Tracks are vulnerable just as ordinary tracks? Just double checking unless these are some kind of special tracks (Armored skirts over regular tracks still has regular tracks!)

Correct.

Vixley CM-01 said:
How powerful are these shields? Anti-Flak? Anti-Vehicle? Or just Anti-Infantry Weapons?
I would say they are multi-purpose ray and particle shields. A smaller variant of the standard ones compared to a vehicle but bigger and thus more resilient than personal sized shields.

I edited the typo and also added Thermal Gel as part of its materials.

Hi [member="Wraithguard"]!

Wraithguard said:
Shielded Missiles: Each missile has a miniature shield generator that creates a small shield around the missile protecting it from the actions that aim to disable it.
  • Since this is aimed to protect the missiles, the missiles themselves should have some bit of a balanced weakness (My suggestion being in the form of range due to energy required to power the shield.)

Wraithguard said:
​6 pods, 3 missiles in each:
  • Can these fire all 18 missiles at once? Or is there a time delay between them?

Wraithguard said:
Generic Protection: The Hailstorm does not differ much from the standard protection that generic warfare vehicles offer other than having a polarizing field insulation that grants it a higher resistance to EMP and Ion Attacks.
  • This isn't really a weakness. In fact, by the wording, it is a strength. Please either edit or change this, and give me one more to balance the missiles. Then I will stamp this.

Jamie Pyne said:
Can these fire all 18 missiles at once? Or is there a time delay between them?
They can all be fired at once, yes. There is a delay when they are being reloaded, of course.

Also, I added a missile weakness and fixed the protection weakness to something more viable.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

[member="Wraithguard"]

These are not Void-7 charges, are they? I am gonna need some clarification on the strength of these charges, how much damage they can do, etc.

The void-7s were intended to destroy entire asteroids and I cannot in good faith allow 18 of those to be strapped to a truck when one is enough to clear an entire warzone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom