Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the New Enclave

Yes, given recent events and me having more time to dedicate to it. I have accepted the position to be second in command both IC and OOC. I am going to be spending the next day or so updating and getting more information in while also organizing the different topics. I've already started organizing and writing the history of the jedi as one member was wondering about it. Other updates such as information about the code have been up or the structure of the enclave itself. Also be working on the manifest for us and what locations the order has been to.

Yeah I am not one for big talking but I will be here and working to get those who might be overlooked a chance to be acknowledge and those who want to ignore or push something else then the original idea back on track.

[member="Sheila"]

I think that perhaps it would be best to put this on hold for the time being, considering The Conclave has yet to be concluded and that there are a number of other members involved who might have a difference of views from your own.

Let us finish our discussion of any possible changes to the Jedi Order in the Republic, so that we can encompass what everyone desires in this faction and accommodate to all want for Role-play of the Jedi here.

All that I ask is for a bit of patience and mutual respect to your peers of the faction as clearly there is a lot of support for certain changes to be made and the allowance of new content to be Roleplay'd by members both new and old.

Additionally, there is this thread for any out of character discussions to be had regarding the conclave and those who are for or against it.

I already accepted as I pointed out in the conclave.

[7/22/2016 3:49:56 PM] Suravi Teigra: Just be a council member.
[7/22/2016 3:50:07 PM] Suravi Teigra: Functionally, you'd be second in command to the NPC grandmaster.
[7/22/2016 3:50:22 PM] Suravi Teigra: Which means you look after the Jedi day to day.
[7/22/2016 4:03:44 PM] Suravi Teigra: for now you're the defacto head of the Jedi right now.
[7/22/2016 4:04:05 PM] Suravi Teigra: If you want to make some new threads, and clean up items, then let me know, and I'll get your posts pinned.

it is not wait and see it is I am already starting. First with the history and structure which is being updated
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/87783-structure-of-the-enclave/

Then I plan to slog through the information and find locations we have left, followed by working on the manifest for the jedi and continue to update and overhaul the enclaves info.
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/87307-wip-jedi-enclave-info-republic-jedi-code-organization-locations/

Based on the conclave wanting to do what we are doing already of serving the republic, protecting the people and surprise surprise remaking the army of light again for the umpteenth time it has gone essentially as predicted. So my need there is officially done. I'll have other updates as they come for the enclave stay tuned.

Why are you so steadfast in keeping your position? And why are you so salty? It does not help anyone but only creates tension.

And what do you mean by second in command? Who is first in command then? And what do you mean by accepted? No one in the tgread offered you the position.
[member="Sheila"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
I think that the first in command is the npc grandmaster that Sheila writers for. After Mantic left, the Jedi hardly did much. New ideas are being thrown in through RP that have spurred a lot of attention and creativity from our Jedi members. It has even brought in new members, which is fantastic :)

It is a shame for people to try to shelve what is working. It isn't causing any harm to anyone, nor would this new direction for the Jedi harm the Republic. It would benefit it instead.

The bickering and steadfast of holding to what didn't work is only going to divide and perhaps even cause us to lose people, which neither of us wants. My character can't be directly involved and has to stop her learning for a time, but I don't mind. But that doesn't mean that she can't be involved indirectly. And it creates a lot of stories for a lot of people.

If it's IC arguing, that's fine, but in OOC we should work together :)

Oh boy.

[member="Sheila"] In the future, please ask permission before reposting private conversations. Anyway, as I said before, IC, you are the head of the council simply because there was no other master on it. That doesn't mean I appointed you as vice-grandmaster or anything. As we get more members joining the order, you're going to have to share your authority with other members as part of the democratic process.

OOC, I have entrusted you to help me keep up with things in the Jedi section, because FU things aren't really my area of interest, but I don't want the order to languish because of it. Maintaining the thread tracker, helping people with posts, things like that. I have other people maintaining lists for me in the forum in a similar fashion. That does not mean you have admin or moderator privileges, so please don't act like you do.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] Please continue with the conclave thread, which I'll probably jump into later, but I'll be making a new post in here detailing the current structure of the Jedi enclave so that everyone is clear on what we're working with right now. In any form that the Order takes, the mandate for serving the Republic will remain.

[member="Senji Selah"]

Good sir, I think Sheila's writer isn't trying to seize control or anything. I think he's excited and wants to get things rolling. [member="Suravi Teigra"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] are both right, though. Let's just finish the conclave before we make it final and lets be good to each other.

We're all fun people, all of the ones I've spoken to ooc. You're no exception, because why else would you have joined the party bus?

Alyona Volkovna (Алёна)

Алёна Вохин (Light of the Voxyn)
Senji Selah said:
Why are you so steadfast in keeping your position? And why are you so salty? It does not help anyone but only creates tension.

And what do you mean by second in command? Who is first in command then? And what do you mean by accepted? No one in the tgread offered you the position.
[member="Sheila"]
The reason this is being challenged is we determined the new structure and set up of the Republic's Jedi Order already OOC. Doing this again is just taking time away from RP.

Alyona Volkovna (Алёна)

Алёна Вохин (Light of the Voxyn)
[member="Senji Selah"]

No worries there! I was a bit off the mark anyhow; I was thinking more about the discussing regarding the Order overall. We'd just sorted most of the details out last month and it looked like people were wanting to go through that whole process again unnecessarily. lol

I'd like to add that I feel Masters and senior Knights should have priority over recent Knight promotions. No offense, but a Paddy isn't experienced enough to guide a Council. If Dune doesn't get elected that's okay, I'm just saying IC inexperienced people shouldn't get an IC leadership position of importance.

Let's not turn this into a popularity contest. Let's not let this situation screw us over and mess a good thing up. If we are doing this, let's do it right. This thing has happened in the past iterations of the Order. It went to shit in the end. So again let's do it right or not at all.

Kay-Larr

Some of the ranks are purely site rule technicalities. I hardly doubt that middle aged people that have a long history of training at the academies would have been stuck as a Padawan for over 40 years before gaining the rank of Knight. That's just absurd :p Just as it is to have teenage Masters. With age comes experience ;)

that is deeply insulting and spits in the face of everybody who has done actual work to get their promotions instead of having it handed to them to buck the rules of the site. I am glad the rule is there to prevent anyone from just saying they are x age and a master in their bio which means little compared to their IC work upon which promotion is supposed to be judged.

Sheila said:
I am glad the rule is there to prevent anyone from just saying they are x age and a master in their bio which means little compared to their IC work upon which promotion is supposed to be judged.
I agree with this second part. The Master and Knight things are based on merit (or they are supposed to be). That's why I was saying Knights and Masters, [member="Lady Kay"]. I'd like you as an IC council member, but I'd assume Kay is busy on Comenor.

I wanna say that, and I assume Sheila's writer is of the same mind, we don't have vendettas against recent promotions. We just want the Council to succeed for all of us to have a great Republic Jedi faction. :)

Ylva Alfrún

"Wolf Who Possess Hidden Knowledge"
Dune Rhur said:
I'd like to add that I feel Masters and senior Knights should have priority over recent Knight promotions. No offense, but a Paddy isn't experienced enough to guide a Council. If Dune doesn't get elected that's okay, I'm just saying IC inexperienced people shouldn't get an IC leadership position of importance.

Let's not turn this into a popularity contest. Let's not let this situation screw us over and mess a good thing up. If we are doing this, let's do it right. This thing has happened in the past iterations of the Order. It went to poodoo in the end. So again let's do it right or not at all.
I disagree that anyone should have priority for any reason other than the following factors:

1) Level of activity/Time with the faction

2) Availability of time

3) Quality of writing

ADDTN:

4) Ability to cooperate and coordinate with other writers/faction representatives

5) Ability to mediate OOC conflict between writers (faction internal and external)

Other than that, I find little else that matters. People ought to write the characters they're suited for, the ones they want to write and can write well. Couple these tenets with their OOC personality and the position said character's role serves within the faction.

Characters on the Council are not only IC bureaucrats that hold meetings about holding meetings, they are writers responsible for coordinating and guiding RP for the Jedi writers of the Republic faction.
This is paramount.
What has disappointed me about all of these conversations is I am hard-pressed to find mention of the words "writing" or "story" anywhere in these posts.

Throwing people at a Council is well and good, but are they going to be around for any significant period of time?
Do they have obligations that will prevent them from properly engaging in their OOC duties to facilitate RP?
How long have they been with the faction?
Are they good writers; do they produce quality work, develop interesting and engaging storylines, or are their efforts rooted in the mundane?

All of the above is why I write Ylva as a Jedi Master, despite her account marking not even enough posts to warrant a tag. I wanted to write a Master, so I wrote a Master. However, I've also been writing Jedi for 10 years, and have been personally involved with this faction for over the last 12 months, with four different characters and a turnover in leadership so high I can't even remember half of their names.
Ylva serves a purpose, but more importantly I do as a writer by participating in the RP development of the Force Academy and the faction as a whole.

These positions are far more than merely IC slots to fill. They are responsibilities for those writers who accept them, and we should only be inducting our faction's best writers to such positions of duty, not simply anyone who walks off the street.

While my opinion may not be the popular one, I am simply going to state it. Instead of being obsessed with the power and such of being on the council simply write out the story. Not everyone that wants a council seat will end up on the council and people that don't want the seat could be nominated for it. Let things go organically trying to dictate it OOC will not help the situation at all. Plus aren't there nine council seats?

Kay-Larr

[member="Dune Rhur"]

My point is that if everyone has to have their characters start off as weak little padawans, then everyone should start their characters off at a young age. So no old people, no middle aged people unless you are on the site for a certain amount of time. Now that's not very fair, is it? Especially if they had been rping for over 10 years.

I see those ranks as more of an ooc thing, instead of an ic thing. But maybe it's because I'm on my phone most of the time that I don't see tags or sigs, so I always have to guess as to who is who, what faction they are in, etc. I have to have the story tell me who people are.

Kay wouldn't be in the council. She's not a Jedi, though she's a lightsider, and she's too busy in politics, which is another mark against her. Plus her force use is a secret to most. She's not ready to have it out in the open just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom