Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baskarn

It was a beautiful green planet but it was also quite deadly. Keziah was here to not only test out her skills as a Force user. The creatures of this planet were said to be Force sensitive themselves. If she was going to train she wasn't going to take the easy way out and use a dummy or practice by herself. The young woman needed real world situations in which her life was truly in danger to practice. She felt that at the end of the day she would learn more in these types of situations than otherwise possible plus it would keep her from freezing in battle.

Originally Keziah was going to go alone but than others volunteered to come along with her. They were looking for hidden artifacts or maybe even a pot of gold. The young woman didn't mind them coming along and in truth was grateful for the company on this trip. It was always nice to not be alone.

"Careful, they are around just watching us for now I'm sure." She stated looking behind her to the others that were with her.

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"] [member="Listeri Dalane"] [member="Noah Corek"] [member="Krest"]

Krest came along simply because of [member="Keziah Denko"] . She wanted to test herself, and she certainly picked a good planet to do so, and Fang followed. He stepped off the ship with Krest beside him, the Zabrak he shared a bond with. The cat had grown taller then the Zabrak himself, but neither of them seemed bothered by it. Fang was the first to look around, growling softly. He could smell the cats around him, and it put the big cat on edge. Krest patted his side though, a smile on his face. Fang felt a wave of reassurance was through him, figuratively and literally as the Zabrak shared his emotions.

Fang would keep an eye out regardless, the Bha'lir always on edge. He was on someone else's territory, and he knew that wouldn't end well. He looked up to watch his partner speak out, to the one he called Keziah. He never exactly understood their bond. They weren't mates, but more of a father daughter roll. She wasn't Krest's litter though, how does that work? The beast shook his head, a slight frown forming. Well, as best as a cat could frown. Instead he just listened to Krest.

"You sure this is a good idea Keziah? There are easier ways to train.." The Zabrak had put his hands behind his head as he was so fond of doing, causing a small snicker to erupt from Fang. Krest had no idea how stupid he looked when doing that, but the glance over his shoulder to Fang showed that the bond didn't just share emotions. He stuck his tongue out for a moment before looking back to Keziah, and Fang laughed. How wonderful this bond truly was. Any other life and he would of shredded all of the people he was with, but it was because of the Zabrak that he learned more, made more connections.

Hopefully this would be a good day.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Keziah Denko"] [member="Canal Tal'Verda"] @Lister Dalane [member="Krest"]
Noah chuckled behind the red-eyed helmet of his Hekler'Kok RA-1 Ranger Armor as Keziah said they were watching them. "Let 'em come,I put them down faster than you can say slug." Noah said as he pulled out of one of the two BlasTech Sawed Off Lever Action 12 Gauge and then racked a shell into the chamber,once this was down he reached over his shoulder and checked his G-36R blaster rifle to make sure it was good. When the Zabrak spoke Noah snorted. "Just let the girl have her fun man,if she wants to hunt some dangerous animals that's fine with me,I just get to sharpen my skills."

[member="Noah Corek"] [member="Krest"] [member="Keziah Denko"]
Listeri walked down the dirty steps of his XS Light Freighter. When his eyes turned to Krest, one of the few force-users he liked, his eyes widened. "Holy feth." He murmured. "What happened to Fang!?" Listeri jogged over, now staring at the gigantic cat. He turned to Noah, hearing him...snort. " Wait, I thought she was looking for a pet, not hunting." He said, his pupils darting from Keziah and back to Noah in a repeated motion. He reached around his back, and felt for his assault rifle, feeling out the barrel, making sure there weren't any dents or any possible problems with the gun.

So far it was just Keziah, Krest, and another man who helped them with weapons and news of them being as bounties to be collected. He never met the man who was accompanying them on this hunt. Canal always came in his newly ARC trooper armor that was given to him by the Concord, his CZ-836 Assault Rifle with all the slugs and attachments that were with it, a DC-17 pistol and his vibroblade sword that was on his back. He walked with [member="Noah Corek"] and said, "What is in stock for us today?" He came here to protect Keziah, Krest, and the other man who were part of his obective and to see what treasures he can find. "I'm Canal, by the way," he said to the man who looked like a soldier by the equipment he has with him. He walked along and waited for the mysteries that this planet would throw at them

[member="Krest"] [member="Keziah Denko"]

Noah Corek said:
"Let 'em come,I put them down faster than you can say slug."
"Slug."

Hannibal whispered that to himself before pulling the trigger on his CZ-838 Sniper Rifle. Lined up in his reticle was the skull of Fang, the large jungle cat and pet of Krest. Owing to his honed skill with firearms, his advantageous position up in the trees, and the near-impeccable aim afforded to him by cybernetics and his HUD, he had lined up a perfect kill shot for the beast. A 7.62mm FLARE Slug rocketed out from the elongated barrel of the sniper rifle. Should it hit its target, it would enter Fang's skull and subsequently ignite. Simultaneously murdering the beast and immolating the inside of its skull. Overkill? Yes. But it always paid to be sure when dealing with animals.

However, the beast's handler was a Force User. To Hannibal's knowledge, this afforded them some semblance of precognition. It was entirely likely that [member="Krest"] would whirl around and Force Push his pet out of harms way, allowing the slug to pass harmlessly through the air. In fact, Hannibal was counting on it. The Fondorian carried his usual equipment, including a Czerka Assault Rifle, a side arm, and a few grenades of varying types. He had left the specialization for others.

#TEAMWODKA ENGAGE

Neskar A'toll

Hail to the King, baby
Surprise. I bet you never though we'd find you here. It was time. Neskar deactivated the Templar stealth generator that kept him concealed in the vast overgrowth that was the forests and jungles of Baskarn. The Gorgon Web Rifle was in his grasp. A two-handed, mist-generating-net-flinging-snare-trap that set him back six grand in credits, as well as the Chimera he had purchased. With wielding this weapon, he was open to attack from the rear, though his comrades would make sure he was easily protected whilst he fired off the web towards the force-user. Doing this would easily debilitate the force-user while the rest of his company were subsequently dealt with. Neskar glared from the bushes, knelt down into a crouched position, and raised the rifle to his eye with a trained precision. He aimed towards the body of Krest, placed his finger over the trigger of the web-rifle, and squeezed it. Doing so, the Web Rifle released a constant jet of mist-like spray at the speed of four metres per second through the jungle flora. After milliseconds of being exposed to the air, the mist-like spray began to bond together, forming a solid structure - a net. Electric current zipped and zapped all through this very net, and it roared towards Krest with the fury of a thousand unpaid bounties.

And so it began.

[member="Krest"] [member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Out of seemingly nowhere Serock fething Hoath appeared. He wore his usual attire, but underneath it there was an Exoskeleton mark II. Nifty stuff really, it formed along your body and made it so much more.. versatile. Also part of his equipment was a Gorgon Web Rifle, which was already in his hands, two Imp Blaster Pistols currently occupying some space on his belt and a Wyvern Shotgun strapped onto his back.

He did not actually see what happened to the kitty cat, but he assumed it would be a direct hit. [member="Hannibal Oryen"] never karking misses.

As he stepped out of the clearing, he promptly took aim at the smuggler who was currently occupied looking at said Kitty Cat, [member="Listeri Dalane"]. Usually he would say something funny right about now to set the mood, but he went against that instinct. Burst-mode on, Serock shot four times in rapid succession at his target.

Little spray nets would come out, and at touch immobilize his target. Nifty stuff, no damage at all.. well maybe a little bit of damage.

The tremor of the ships engines were nostalgic. Black gloved hands held the control stick loosely, adjusting the ships flight by degrees to compensate for the wind that howled and buffeted the Ambigene class LAAT as it sped mere meters from the dense green canopy toward its target.

It had been years since his days as a Rebel flyboy but the instinct was still there, it wasn't something that could be taught. You were either born to it or you weren't. Norongachi's hand played over the targeting controls, bringing the systems on-line. The screen hummed to life and he armed the ships missiles for his run. A deep breath cleared his mind a moment before the ship peaked over the lip of the clearing and instantly the ships complement of homing cluster missiles spewed forth from their tubes toward grounded Frieghter.

"The sky is yours." Sal said into the ships internal com to his passenger as the idyllic setting blossomed into gouts of unforgiving flame, great trees taller than many buildings blown to bits from root to leaf as the missiles impacted their target.

[member="Hannibal Oryen"]
[member="Canal Tal'Verda"]
[member="Listeri Dalane"]
[member="Noah Corek"]
[member="Krest"]
[member="Keziah Denko"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
"Head's down!" Galaar's voice boomed over the loud-speaker from behind the group as he heard a round explode in the distance, its booming thundering resounding instinct that stirred rather violently in the clone's chest. And before he knew it, all hell broke loose around him as two more attackers came in for melee and one gunhip swooped down and fired for effect, shattering trees to the sides and above them.

They had simply walked right into an ambush and Galaar thought to himself, kark it all. I hate my life. I want to go home. But he was a soldier, and that meant the needs of the many outweighed the few. He had to defend his companions to the bitter end and therefor he'd resign himself. "Everyone! Retreat to the ship! Har'chaak.Out. Now." His voice was more silent this time... Then he shouted again to everyone around him.

"This is Calico Tal'Verda of the Liberty Concord! As the bounty said, I can turn myself over to the CIS, I am given the right to surrender to the law without harm! By the power vested in me, I hereby proclaim responsibility for the actions of those around me and will answer for their crimes as the primary conspirator! I surrender to CIS authority, on regards that my companions are given right of passage! If not! Then I'll take all you karking slaggers on!"

It was a valiant effort, and in case they denied, Galaar took cover behind large, downed tree.

Why me?

Hannibal Oryen
Canal Tal'Verda
Listeri Dalane
Noah Corek
Krest
Keziah Denko
[member="Serock Hoath"]

Atlas Kane

A
This was the calm before the storm. Soon, all hell would break loose and a fight between the Mercenary group and those on the planet would ensue and Cabur would be right in the middle. Then, slowly the hangar doors started to open. Slowly but surely the light from the sun came in and for a second everything seemed peaceful, well, except for the loud noises the engine was making. Checking his Vornskr Mk. 8 Scattergun one last time, he stepped closer to the edge of the ship, the magnetic boots were the only thing keeping him from getting thrown out of the ship. He looked down at the ground. His Helmet provided him with all the info he needed. He knew where Hannibal was, where Neskar was, where the rest of the Mercs were and he knew where his target was. What a good thing HUDs exist, otherwise he wouldn't have any kind of orientation as to where to fly. By now, the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter was close enough to the open door. He disengaged the magnetic lock of his boots, jumped a bit and waited a bit before igniting his jetpack and slowing down the fall.

It was a short bit of peace, the fall, but soon that changed. He got a lock on his target and flew in its direction, his jetpack was proving quite useful in that. A couple more meters and there he was, Noah Corek himself. With a quick turn, the Mercenary came to a halt above the trees and above Noah. He then lowered the intensity with which the jetpack was keeping him up, to let him fall down, not too fast to break or injure something, but fast enough to have some considerable speed. He had his Beskad drawn. The heavy weapon would give him an additional bit of kinetic energy. Then, the man got into view. Right underneath him. The Mercenary raised the blade and then, when he was about close enough to hit Corek, he let the blade fall down with all his might. Whether or not the blade actually hit would turn out afterwards, after all, a jetpeck isn't really one of the quietest things.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Great, this is one of the mysteries that the jungle would throw at them. Canal quickly reacted to the ambush and saw where the sniper was from the round that he fired that was for the cat. He took one of his detonators and threw it at Hannibal's position which would blow up in a few little seconds and turned his attention to the rest of the background that he was in. A Mando on a jet pack flying above me and Noah, another one in front of us who fired a net, a sniper, and another Merc behind us which Krest is taking care. He knew exactly what to do. He decided to let Noah dodge the hit than protect cause you never know the consequences or the aftermath of what would happen . With both hands he used them to hold his assault rifle, that had 5.56 BANG slugs in the mag, and aimed it at Serock who was out of cover and fired ten rounds at him. He then heard Galaar's voice on the speaker and pretended to be Calico. Canal went along with Galaar and said, "Vod, I'll leave once the others get on the ship." The sword and the assault rifle were still in his hands and looked on his HUD that showed the icons of everyone who were in the area and was still on his guard so he could be ready to counter the sniper, the Mando in front of him, and the other who was in mid air.

[member="Cabur Aranar"] [member="Galaar Tal'Verda"] [member="Krest"] [member="Serock Hoath"] [member="Salem Norongachi"] [member="Neskar A'toll"] [member="Hannibal Oryen"] [member="Listeri Dalane"] [member="Keziah Denko"] [member="Noah Corek"]

The world that the Mandalorian known as Isley Verd had found himself upon was one within neutral territory, far flung from the borders of the nation he called home. 'Twas a planet ripe with dangers, from the vegetation to the native fauna; a place perfect for honing one's skills. During happier times, he would have seen this world as an excellent place to venture out with his former "brothers", Calico and Galaar, for the sake of improving their skills; but those days were gone. Now, this world would prove to be the perfect hunting ground...and a burial site if all went according to plan. Garbed from head to toe in his Taozin Beskar'gam, the Dread Master was completely veiled from perception via the Force. What's more, the stealth field generated by his Bothan Cloaking Device also veiled him from view. For a brief span of time, perfect invisibility was achieved by the warrior; allowing him to perch upon one of the non-dangerous trees whilst the hunt began.

Once situated, his eyes lulled to a momentary close and focus claimed his mind. He dived deep into the pool of negativity located at the rear of his psyche and drew upon all the feelings of recent history. Betrayal was the sort of thing that left lasting scars upon those affected by it...and for a Sith, those scars were the perfect fuel for the Dark Arts. Whilst drawing upon these negative forces, Isley's hands moved in a slow semi-circle. His lips then danced, silently forming the words to an incantation that would focus the darkness into a finite form. Then, just as the timer ran out on his Stealth field, his palms thrusted forward in order to command the Force to do his bidding. Dual spheres of midnight black surged forth from his hands and sailed through the trees; their trajectories aimed at two individuals in particular. The first sailed after the one known as [member="Krest"] and the second flew after the one known as [member="Keziah Denko"].

Each detonated into a cloud of seemingly harmless smoke...before depositing hulking forms in their wake. Both loomed well over six feet in height and were of excessively muscular build. Horns, Fangs, and Claws characterized these beings; in addition to a physical strength that matched those of the Wookie species. Known as Smoke Demons, the summoned beasts launched themselves at their prey, attempting to rend the flesh from their bones with powerful swipes of their claws and knashes of their teeth. All the while, Isley took this opportunity to get a feel upon the situation. A gunship was raining down devastation upon the forest, the capital ship which bore them to the planet waited in orbit to intercept escaping vessels, and four collaborators were already launching their assaults...then came the surrender of "Calico" in exchange for the freedom of the other members of Liberty Concord. The Mandalorian had to make a conscious effort to keep from laughing aloud as he reached for his lightsaber whilst activating his jetpack; leaping forth from the branch before being propelled through the air.

"If you think you can take me on, 'vod', then come and face me." came Isley's response. After a moment of flight, he landed in the midst of downed trees and debris, igniting his saber with but a touch of the ignition switch. "Or are you too afraid to face your former kin?"

[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]
[member="Canal Tal'Verda"]
[member="Keziah Denko"]
[member="Noah Corek"]
[member="Listeri Dalane"]
[member="Krest"]
[member="Serock Hoath"]
[member="Salem Norongachi"]
[member="Cabur Aranar"]

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
As Canal jumped into the fight, and tried to tackle the entire group virtually by himself, Serock was still waiting to see if his first attack had hit.

But then his eyes widened.. for he witnessed Canal's interpretation of what had happened and saw him aiming at him. The guy is good, being able to throw a nade at a hidden sniper, block a beskad with his own vibro and then attempt to shoot yours truly.

Amazing piece of dexterity and reflexes.

Sadly the bullets did not hit home, instead eight of them buried itself in the tree as Serock vaulted to the right. One of them grazed his thigh ruining his pants. But the exoskeleton could take one bullet.

The other bullet flew over his head. Into the darkness.

Serock wondered how long it would take before he could move to another opponent, smugglers -are- pretty slow.

@erryone

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Idiian was ecstatic when she first heard about it- The first realistic bounty to go up in ages, and there was so many chances to make a score in it that she couldn't possibly pass it up. Of course, with who she would be going after, she knew she would be needing the big guns. Good thing she had a decent number of nice guns already; Between the Golan FC-1 Flechette Launcher slung over her shoulder, The two heavy blaster pistols holstered at her hips, and the half-dozen flashbangs strapped to her chest, Idiian felt she was pretty set. Having a pair of Anti-Vehicle canisters for the Golan amongst the Anti-Personnel ones was nice to have, too. She was wearing a rather standard Armorplast armor over her usual armor, thanks to a nasty tear it had received a few days back, but Idiian wasn't planning on taking any direct fire anyways.

Idiian had managed to slip pretty far ahead from the other hunters, slipping back and forth from tree to tree to hide her approach, keeping her head down to avoid being spotted over the underbrush. When she had gotten fairly close, she heard the voice of 'Calico' not too far away, calling everyone to retreat to the ship before offering themselves up in exchange for amnesty for their allies. Idiian unslung and took hold of the Flechette Launcher, bracing herself behind a rather large tree as she considered her means of approach. If it really was the Calico they were after, she probably should just shoot him from here and drag the corpse back; He was worth more dead than alive, anyways. But if it wasn't the real Calico, there was a good chance that just shooting him like that would really mess up her payout.

...Eh, kriff it, either way she was getting paid, and the payout was gonna still be worth more than the flechette cannisters she would be firing. She pivoted out from behind the tree and took aim, and fired one of the two anti-vehicle canisters she had with her at the stump that the man claiming to be Calico had taken cover behind. No matter how dense that tree was, she doubted it would be able to stop flechettes designed to shred armored vehicles.

[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]

Neskar A'toll

Hail to the King, baby
[member="Krest"]
Neskar reeled, slamming the Gorgon Web Rifle back into its holster, and with forward thinking in his mind, tapped several buttons on his gauntler after hurling the crumpled weapon, activating the jet-pack on the rear of his beskar'gam, lifting him up into the air. Whilst doing so, he revealed the CZ-836 Assault Slug Rifle at his side, locked the ordinary SLUG rounds into the chamber and aimed downwards towards the figure of what must've been [member="Canal Tal'Verda"], releasing a turrent of burst-shots, in rounds of three, towards the body of Canal.

Explosions rang all around him, the sounds of the Liberty Concord's escape being swiftly destroyed due to their crack pilot's cluster bombs. Perfect. I've spent far too much time searching for these fools. When these are all put away, I'm going after Calico. Myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom