Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Wayfarer Class Surface Patrol Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
Wayfarer Class Surface Patrol Craft

Image:
63.jpg

Source Australian Armidale Class
Affiliation: Firemane, Kaeshana Confederation.
Manufacturer: Firemane Industries & Technology
Model: S-P-W1
Modularity: N/A.
Production: Mass.
Material: Standard surface ship components.
Classification: Surface patrol ship. Coastal rescue and recon.

Length: 40 metres.

Width: 9 metres

Height: 12 metres above water level.

Armament:
  • 1 x laser cannon.
  • 2 x Mk3 Bolters for anti-personnel usage.
  • 2 x Keraunos anti-air missiles. No reloads.

Hangar: 4 x light inflatable craft which double as lifeboats for all the crew..

Special Features:
  • Planetary communications suite.
  • Satellite uplink and mapping system.
  • Sonar and surface/air scanning system.
  • Lifeboats for all crew.
  • Standard reactor.

Maneuverability Rating: 5/20.
Speed Rating: 5/20 or 65km/h max if this was a speed rating for surface vessels.
Hyperdrive Class: N/A

Strengths:
  • Fast and Agile. The Wayfarer is very quick and nimble. With a shallow draught and excellent agility it can go deep up river or through coral banks as well as handling open sea.
  • Roaming the Waves. The Wayfarer has a long operational range and good sensors and mapping suites. It can see pretty much any enemy and escape long before it gets into danger.
Weaknesses:
  • Patrol Ship. The Wayfarer is designed for rescue, patrol and investigation, not combat. Its light armaments and paper-thin armour make it vulnerable to anything fitted out for combat.
  • Water Bound. Though it has a good draught it is still far too big to go up minor tributaries or go over sandbanks. Escaping this ship is very easy if you head for land.

Description:
With the fast expanding field of surface ships becoming a business for Firemane, it was only natural that the Triton would be joined by a smaller sibling. The Wayfarer is a much smaller ship in all ways, designed for coast patrol, scouting and intercepting smugglers. The ship is fast, agile and can get to many places ships normally can’t.

However, it is not designed to be a warship. The laser cannon mounted on the front is similar to that mounted on a tank, and lacks the punch to deal with larger ships. The two Mk3 bolters are mounted to give maximum arcs of fire and are useful for light targets and anti-personnel roles. Finally, it carries 2 Keraunos missiles for dealing with air threats. Since it carries no reloads these missiles need to be carefully husbanded for dire need.

The ship carries 5 officers and 25 crew.

The ship carries 4 inflatable boats, two ready at all times. Two of them are stowed, deflated, in storage. These take 3 minutes to prepare if there is space to inflate them. These can automatically inflate on water too in emergencies.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: To create a mass produced surface patrol boat. This is not a combat ship, but it does have some weapons.
Who Can Use This: Levantine Sanctum, open market customers, Kaeshana Confederation.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Wait... I think I have a gif for this.

Yup! Found it.

tumblr_naqi2azEWH1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Ok. I love the sub. I'm not 100% sure if this belongs in the starship factory or the vehicle factory, but we can move it to the right approved sub-forum when we're done working the kinks out.
I don't think it will require a dev thread, and it shouldn't need many edits, but I do have a few questions I'd love to clarify.

First real questions I have...

Those Missile Turrets. Keraunos. They're 1/10th the total size of the ship, and I'm not entirely sure you could physically or safely mount them side-by-side on the surface of the ship. Could you please explain to me how these are mounted or otherwise worked into the design of the ship?

Second question...

The ship you're basing this on, the Australian Armidale Class, is 16.8 meters longer than what you're making but it only carries 2x inflatable boats. Could you explain how these additional two craft manage to fit into the design that you are creating?

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
[member="War Hydra"]
For my previous surface ship I was advised to put it in starships, and it was approved as such. If vehicles is eventually expanded to include surface ships then it can certainly go there.

For the missiles it carries 2 missiles…not the full launcher. In this case a lighter mount similar to a shoulder mounted AA weapon is used. I believe the Keraunos missiles individually are not too big to be carried in this capacity.

For the boats, I was pondering that. My assumption was that Star Wars would have tech to allow collapsible boats which could expand out, as opposed to Zodiacs on Earth which don’t. I can drop it down to two smaller ones if you’d prefer, it’s not a big issue.

Tegaea Alcori said:
[member="War Hydra"]
For my previous surface ship I was advised to put it in starships, and it was approved as such. If vehicles is eventually expanded to include surface ships then it can certainly go there.
I was just rummaging around for that, actually. Thanks.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

The missiles are fine with that clarification.

And the boats should be fine... I see that the image/design includes 2 inflated and ready to deploy from the rear. Could you add in a brief mention that the other two are deflated and stored in a compartment and take X minutes to inflate and ready for launch?

After that, this should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom