Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanna Buy Some Deathsticks? (PM before joining)

Nyx Saranei

I Am Bigger Than My Problems
Nyx was sitting at the bar in the cantina, her fifth drink resting on the surface of the bar. The Shi'ido's hair was a pale, almost white shade of blue and here eyes were bright green instead of their usual red. She felt a need for a change in appearance tonight. Her slim form was covered in a black corset style top and she wore tight black pants. A pair of heavy looking black boots covered her feet, an unusual sight as the woman hated wearing shoes.

She was starting to feel herself come down from her high and was considering moving off too a dark corner of the room to fix that. It wasn't like anyone here would care. This cantina was in one of the worst areas of Coruscant. Everyone in it was one something. She sighed as she took another sip of her drink. Usually this place was entertaining, but so far there hadn't been a single for fight or otherwise entertaining event. She eyed of the dancer's not out of any real attraction, but more because it was something to do. She hoped she'd find something to entertain herself with soon.

Renato Sarkin

R
@[member="Nyx Saranei"]

A lone figure enters the bar dress entirely in black robes the hood pulled down completely covering his face. His head tilted down to a 45 degree angle to keep any noticeable features. If not for the fact it was in the seedier parts of a world controlled by sith the figure would have probably stuck out like a rampaging Rancor in a Starport. As it was even the ones who looked up barely gave him a glance. The figure liked it that way.

Walking the length of the room passing by the slim blue haired woman the figure took a seat at the bar keeping nothing but a few inches of air between his back and the wall. He sat motionless for a few moments almost as if he was asleep before a gloved hand dropped a few credits of the bar and pointed to the closest bottle to him on the shelf for a drink his voice comming out strangely distorted almost as if he was a droid and not the human he obviously was alluding to the unseen mask he was wearing to further conceal his true identity.

Nyx Saranei

Nyx downed her drink and got up. She walked into one of the more private areas of the bar, pulling another deathstick from her pocket as she did. After renewing her high she found her way back to the bar, this time seated a bit closer to the cloaked figure as her previous spot had been taken. She ordered another drink that was basically just straight liquor in a large glass and tried not appear to mesmerized by the fact that the room around her appeared to be melting. She glanced over at the strange figure sitting a few seats from her. She'd never seen him before. The Shi'ido knew everyone who frequented this place, and she'd certainly remember him.

"You're new here," she called to him, turning to face him. @[member="Renato Sarkin"]

Renato Sarkin

R
@[member="Nyx Saranei"]

The figure did not move or turn his head except to take the drink he had just ordered from the bartender. During that time the figure ever so gently prodded through the force to see if he felt a gentle knock back from the slim woman. Waiting an uncomfortably long time to respond just for the sheer joy it brought him at the result doing so produced.

Sipping the drink just a milimeter of the smooth almost featureless mask comming into few the figure spoke in that same undistinguishable voice.

"To this planet or this bar specifically?"

Still not turning to face her the figure set the drink back down an unseen smile creeping across his face behind the mask.

Nyx Saranei

"This bar and this part of Coruscant in general," Nyx replied, observing him while she sipped her drink. She wondered what she could learn about him, and what kind of price people would be willing to pay for any information. She was also a bit distracted by the fact that his drink appeared to be changing colors and the bar had ceased melting. She wondered what had even caused it to melt in the first place. It wasn't particularly hot inside. She shrugged the thought away. She could worry about it later. @[member="Renato Sarkin"]

Renato Sarkin

R
@[member="Nyx Saranei"]

A souless chuckle eminated from the figure happy about her distracted state. The figure quietly took another sip of his drink still not turning to face the woman.

"So you mean to say you have met every soul on this planet living and dead then?" "Are you even sure I am hear and you are not just talking to the walls again?"

Nyx Saranei

"I don't talk to walls... And trust me when my mind plays tricks on me they are alot more colorful. I'm not saying I know everyone on the planet... I just happen to know 99% of the people who frequent this part of the world and this cantina in particular. I know my place of business very well," the Shi'ido replied with a laugh. She sipped at her drink again and smirked. If he wasn't from around here, maybe he had money, and maybe he was looking for information on someone or something. She'd be happy to get it for him, for the right price. She absent mindedly shifted her hair from light blue to blood red. She had a habit of shifting at random when she was bored. @[member="Renato Sarkin"]

Renato Sarkin

R
@[member="Nyx Saranei"]

The figure laughed even harder at her words.

"You only see with your eyes which makes you blind as bat smashing into furniture." "You cloud your mind with drugs when it could provide you with the answers to questions you should already know the answer to?"

As the woman absently shifted her hair color the figure moved to the stool on the other side of her. If she focused quickly enough she may have a shot at catching the movement through the haze of the death sticks. If not it would simply be as a blink and he was gone before the same souless voice spoke from behind her. Part of him hoped she would miss it but knew there was a chance she would catch it.

"Knowing 99% of the people around you leaves the 1% you should be worried about." "As they are the ones who would actually do any real harm."

The figure smiled behind the mask as the game began. It had been such a long time since he had the chance to play this game.

Nyx Saranei

Nyx was still fairly observant even in her drugged state. She had trained herself to be this way, because people often dropped there guard around people like her. No one expected her to notice or remember things when she was in her current state. She calmly took a sip of her drink, not even jumping as his voice suddenly came from behind her. She had noticed the movement. The Shi'ido smirked as she set the glass back down. The bar was beginning to melt again, but she did her best to ignore it.

"I worry about the people who give me a reason to worry. I assure you I am actually quite capable of watching my back. I'm also hard to track down," the now red-haired girl explained calmly. @[member="Renato Sarkin"]

Renato Sarkin

R
@[member="Nyx Saranei"]

The figure chuckled not ready to give up the game and moved again this time popping up at a table a few feet away causing the terrified patron to jump so hard the man tumbled into the floor.

"Who said I was here for you?"

The figure moved again causing another customer the fright of her life with a chuckle.

"Maybe I am just here to have a little fun?"

The figure moved again to a different spot in the room as more and more patrons were forced into his little game of hide and seek. each time he moved it was a little faster. The last move bringing him standing in front of her a mere two inches from here.

"Maybe I am just another sith like so many who enjoy creating fear and panick everywhere I go?"

This time the figure slowly sat down back on his orginal stool facing her.

"Or maybe I was just passing through and decided to have a drink in an environment where people are known for minding their own business until you decided to break that little tradition because you needed to meet a new friend."

Nyx Saranei

"Cause all the panic you like. Doesn't matter to me. As for wanting a new friend? I think everyone noticed you walking in. You stand out quite a bit in here. I just have a bit more courage than the rest of the people here," Nyx finished her drink and called for another. She looked up at the hooded figure, never dropping the smirk from her face.

"Sith huh? I met another Sith the other day. She was an.... interesting girl," Nyx found that the Sith actually made rather good clients in certain cases. She was still thinking over the last ones offer, but she figured she'd probably end up accepting. She wondered if he had anything to offer. @[member="Renato Sarkin"]

Renato Sarkin

R
@[member="Nyx Saranei"]

The figure laughed.

"I never said I was a Sith." "I simply said maybe I am just another Sith."

The figure sipped his drink.

"Panic is simply a side effect." "All I wanted to do was test you since you interupted my solitude." "These people here have no meaning they have no purpose." "They are simply the undesirables cast aside by the conquering overlords who walk the surface like gods crushing underfoot anyone they deem unworthy." "Which if one were to ever ask would find out with their last breath that everyone is unworthy."

Placing the drink down the figure stood turning facing out among the patrons his back to the bar.

"Tell me something little one." "Have you ever dreamed of being something more than a strung out junky in a crappy bar?" "Something more than a science experiment to those who believe themselves better than you?"

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
There was something odd about this bar Jink had just walked into. A strong Dark presence and a slightly weaker one that felt a bit like his own, close together. It wasn't the dark presence that surprised him. This was Coruscant, and Sith are a dime a dozen on Coruscant. It was the oddly familiar presence that confused him. He walked over, and very bluntly pointed at the darker man.

"You're the Sith, so who... Who has that presence? It feels like mine. So similar."

He looked around, to the bartender, and to the old man drinking wine straight from the bottle farther down the bar. His tail wagged as he tried to puzzle out what the hell was going on. He squinted at the Sith.

"You're not a Shi'Ido, are you?"

@[member="Renato Sarkin"] @[member="Nyx Saranei"]

Renato Sarkin

R
@[member="Hijinks"] @[member="Nyx Saranei"]

The lone figure did not move from his spot looking out into the crowd of people waiting on the little one's response. Not even when a new presence approached. Underneath the mask the figure's mouth twitched slightly as he pushed ever so gently through the force a subtle knock in the mind of the new arrival much as he had down to Nyx.

As much as he wanted to the figure did not correct the new arrival on being addressed as a sith or the question about being whatever a Shi'Ido was. For the time being he was content in being confused as just another sith roaming a planet full of sith.

Nyx Saranei

"I have a job and it pays quite well. I stay here because its an easy place to conduct business in my line of work. I could leave if I wanted," Nyx replied with the same cocky smirk she always wore. She glanced over at the cat like creature and smirked.

"Oh another Shi'ido," she replied with a smile. She hadn't been around many other of her species. She was kind of abandoned on Coruscant along time ago.

@[member="Hijinks"] @[member="Renato Sarkin"]

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
Jink smiled back at the unobtrusive girl, who also looked slightly high, like the death stick in her hand wasn't the first.

"Yes, another Shi'ido. I haven't seen another in two hundred years. You're a welcome sight, even as... imbibed as you are."

@[member="Nyx Saranei"]

Nyx Saranei

"It's not that bad," She replied, stuffing the deathstick in her pocket and grabbing her drink. She chugged the contents of the glass and slammed it back down on the bar.

"My life is fine the way it is!" She growled, ordering another drink and slamming come credits down on the bar. @Hijinks @Renato Sarkin

Renato Sarkin

R
[member="Nyx Saranei"] [member="Hijinks"]

The figure listened as the to made their introductions to each other waiting to see what if anything would happen. Bored with it all the figure reached into a pocket and dropped a significant sum of credits motioning towards the table of the people he had conscripted into his little game. Once satifisfied the bartender understood the message he turned to Nyx speaking in that same souless inhuman voice.

"The easy path is far from courageous." "It takes courage to strive to be more than what society tells you to be." "Easy is settling for what others want you to be instead of what you are capable of being."

The figure paused looking at Hijinks before speaking again to Nyx.

"If you truly felt your life is fine the way it is it would not anger you when another insinuates otherwise."

Without another word the figure strolls out of the cantina wondering if Nyx would bother to pay attention to the very easily traced account the credits came from. After mininmal hops the trace would end on the edges of sith space in an abandoned space station orbit a planet most had forgotten existed. After all only a sith or someone with an invincibility complex would venture into the heart of that particular sector.

As the door closed behind him the figure smiled beneath his mask whispering softly to himself "Your move little shifter."

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
Jink's eyes followed the Sith walking out the door, and furrowed his eyebrows. Leaning on the bar as the other man had, he looked at the younger Shi'ido, smiling.

"Well, that escalated, and then went nowhere at all, very quickly. Any questions for the only stuck Shi'ido you're ever likely to meet?"

His tail wagged as a drink came into his hands, and his attention was focused on the amber liquid, just like a cat looking into water to see the distortions.

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

Nyx Saranei

"Stuck?" she asked, grabbing her own drink and chugging it. By this point Nyx had probably drank enough to kill a small rancor, and yet somehow she wasn't dead. She looked around the bar with a slight smirk, wondering what the other patrons were thinking now. Nyx decided this was the last time she'd try to be friendly to anyone new there. She wondered if she could get the mysterious figure's account information from the bartender. Surely he had something to hide that she could profit from. [member="Hijinks"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom