Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Voxyn al'Do (Vong Biot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
vampire-hunter-hand.jpg

Image Source: Google (Vampire Hunter D)

Intent: To create an arm biot replacement for Reverance's escalation, replacing his right arm.

Development Thread: If needed

Manufacturer: Legion Yun'Do, Hrosha-Gul of Selvaris

Model: Not Applicable

Affiliation: Legion Yun'Do

Modularity: No

Production: Unique (Personal) - Duplicates have been made in the event that this one is destroyed, but only for Reverance. They are kept on Selvaris.

Material: Shaped Voxyn, modified revalith masquer (modified masquer specific to Reverance)

Description: In the strictest sense, this arm is a unique and particularly specific shaping of a Voxyn, a Vong forming cross between a Fero Xyn and a Vornskr. Seeing a revival of all species related to Vong on Selvaris, Reverance has made amendments to the processes of vong forming to include an increased proliferation of all ancient beasts. This included such beasts as Sliviliths and Voxyn. Particularly, Voxyn were used for this specific biot for the trait they pull from Vornskr, which allow them to sense the use of force despite being force dead like all other creatures of the Vong.

First and foremost, the voxyn were shaped specifically to match the shape and physical appearance of Reverance's right arm. While this was a relatively easy feat, it required a number of sessions that included targeting the voxyn at different stages in it's development and reverting to a reshaping process of the original voxyn, to produce a smaller yet similar variant. With all traits preserved and the size being the only thing changed, the shape of the arm was claimed with a modification in internal organs and physiology to meet the physical parameters. The digestive system was connected directly to the circulatory system of the individual grafted, allowing for an entirely internal cycling of energy that is processed through the feeding of the arm. Feeding is completed through manual input of raw meats through the shaped mouth, which is present at the physiological palm of the grafted arm. It's also in this location that both eyes were shaped. While the nose wasn't shaped out, giving the illusion of breathing, the organ is entirely vestigial and the arm does not need to breath (as it's circulatory system is linked to the host). Along with this, the face can conceal itself within the the surface of palm, shaped for security purposes and to ease usage of a weapon when needed.

Due to the physical nature of the beast originally shaped, the arm retains nearly double the strength of the original removed arm. Along with this, the semi-sentient nature of the arm is linked directly to the neural pathway of the host, allowing unspoken communication between biot and host along with shared sight and appetite. The arm, through use of the palm eyes, can see the force in shades of color, like scent upon the air, and interprets alignment in similar ways as Jedi and Sith. The nails of the hand are capable of producing similar neurotoxins to those of the voxyn. All other traits, with the exception of resilience, were lost in the shaping process.

On top of the arm, there is a thin coating called a masquer. This masquer has been developed specifically for Reverance, from his DNA, and captures the likeness of tattoos and scars that were evident on the original arm. The masquer is self healing and when wounded to a high enough degree, will recoil into a ring on the deltoid to heal and pull nutrients from the main biot. During this time, the arm becomes susceptible to baffor pollen and appears similar to the scaled appearance of Voxyn.

Strengths:
[+] Strength: Increased strength, compared to original arm strength (roughly double)
[+] Eyesight: Can see alignments of the force, specifically attuned to Jedi
[+] Resilient: Similar to the original Voxyn, the arm is highly resistant to damage and capable of healing quickly, even from normally fatal or de-limbing damage. While it is resistance to lightsaber strikes, it isn't lighsaber proof. The same could be said of blaster bolts.
[+] Neurotoxin: Similar to the toxin produced on the barbs of the Voxyn, the nails can become coated with these toxins at will. Effects can include anything from convulsions to temporary weakness/fatigue to drowning on ones own saliva (this will be left up to the player and how they wish to write it).

Weaknesses:
[-] Force: Reverance can no longer use the force from this hand
[-] Mind of it's own: Disagreements are likely between the hand and the host, especially in the circumstances of food. However, communication can involve things such as the natural tendency for a voxyn to hunt or chase jedi, despite the desires of the host.
[-] Baffor pollen sensitivity: While it's not a full allergy, contact with pollen can temporarily paralyze the arm if not coated in the baffor resistant ooglith (which can be damaged through strikes to the arm)
[-] Controllable: In an extremely weakened state, expert beast masters may be capable of controlling the arm and using it against Reverance (I will write this out and battle against it).
[-] Always Hungry: despite the short life span of the Voxyn, the biot has a life span equal to that of the host. However, this comes at the cost of an arm that requires feeding on a daily basis. And this hunger transpires over to the host, a developed trait to promote the feeding of the arm to prevent death. Going 14 days without feeding will leave the arm strongly weakened, going 28 days will kill the arm and require a new shaped biot.

Primary Source: Sessile-Triostaff (just for the use off the masquer)

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Voxyn

Starwars Chaos:
You already linked the most relevant one

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Err, I really like this sub the way it is, but Vong-Tech is really tricky and in the past most of the really nice ones like this have required Dev Threads. I am tempted to pass as is.

WITH DEV THREADS
Do me a quick 10 Post Dev Thread; and include the acid saliva or the retroviruses if you'd like

SUGGESTIONS

[member="Reverance"]

[member="Draco Vereen"]

My intent was to more or less come up with something unique that wasn't overpowered and over the top, which is why I refrained from plugging in the acid saliva or the forked tongue or any of the other numerous voxyn traits. With that being said, does this still need a dev thread? (I'm a little confused on how the request is worded, is all).

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Normally I would force a Dev Thread on this, however the weaknesses are apparent and there is previous precedent. Due to that I'll allow it.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom