Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Vilnius class Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoru Shakou

Helghast_crusier_zpskj7sqcj6.jpg
Image Source: Killzone Wiki

Affiliation:
  • Avidon Oligarchy
  • Open Market
Manufacturer: Magrath Industries
Model: MI-V-001
Modularity: No
Production: Mass Produced
Material:
  • Alusteel
  • Durasteel
Classification: Cruiser

Length: 500 meters
Width: 200 meters
Height: 125 meters

Armament:
  • 22 Broadside Turbolaser Cannons in two banks of eleven cannons on each side
  • 36 Anti-Starfighter Point Defense Laser Cannons
  • Hammerhead shaped Heavy Front Prow
Hangar:
  • No Hanger Available
Special Features:
  • Military Grade Deflector Shields
  • Military Grade Sensor Suite
  • Military Grade Communications Array
  • Dual Vessel Command Bridge
  • Standard Navicomputer
  • Avidon Oligarchy IFF - (Avidon Oligarchy NDF vessels only)
Maneuverability Rating: 10
Speed Rating: 10
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0

Strengths:
  • Broadside Capabilities
  • Hammerhead shaped heavy front prow
  • Low cost production
Weaknesses:
  • Broadside Capabilities
  • Limited Armor
  • Low cost production
Description:
The Vilnius class Cruiser is a vessel that due to its low cost can be rapidly produced and fielded, allowing it to overwhelm enemy forces through its sheer numbers rather than an actual force. Its design and weapon placement are to serve in the function of punching holes through enemy fleet formations, thus allowing friendly vessels a path to disrupt enemy formations. The vessel's bridge is also designed in a similar fashion to those bridges of the old Venator class Star Destroyers that were fielded during the Clone Wars. This recycling of the design is intended to separate the command officers of the vessels to ensure that if one bridge is somehow destroyed, the vessel still has a chain of command and can remain in the fight.

Its most striking armament is that of a hammerhead shaped heavy prow, designed (as mentioned above) to allow the vessel to slam into enemy vessels in an attempt to break through their formations. This front prow is reinforced with Alusteel, and can likewise serve as a defensive measure when the vessel is pushing towards an enemy line due to the vessels small profile. Its primary strength is thus in its capabilities to unleash a broadside attack, while also being able to defend itself against minimal starfighter strikes.

Much of the vessel is dedicated to its military role, meaning that there is little to no room for passengers. What room there is is dedicated to officers, crew and a handful of marines that are called upon when the vessel is boarded. Most of the cargo is therefore dedicated towards munitions and supplies, allowing the vessel to serve without the need to resupply for up to one standard year. The full crew is that of one dozen officers, and eight-hundred crewmen with three dozen marines.

Those vessels that are in the service of the Avidon Oligarchy Naval Defense Force are equipped with an IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) that allows them access to the only hyperspace route into the system that is usually locked by a series of hyperspace beacons.

Development Thread: If Necessary

Intent:
The creation of a vessel that is mass produced due to a low cost to increase mass productivity, while forming the basis for a fleet that is capable of overwhelming an enemy with sheer numbers of force, including the capability of forcing itself into enemy formations to open up holes for other vessels.

Who Can Use This: See Production

Primary Source: N/a

[member="Baroness Magrath"]

Aside from the speed this ship seems very ok. This thing is definitely too fast though. I'm going to have to ask you bring the speed up to around 10, which goes for a slower frigate and fast cruiser. And I would put this thing around a small cruiser or large frigate so that works out great.

[member="Baroness Magrath"]

My apologies but I also meant the maneuverability as well, that's my fault for not specifying both, I thought they just went hand in hand more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom