Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Game Moments

Jack Ross

"I don't believe in good or evil."
What moments, quotes, or deaths within a video game really stuck with you? Why?

My personal favorite is a quote from Mass Effect 3 (potential spoilers)

me3_quotes___javik_by_armidillard-d511zss.jpg

Jsc

Disney's Princess
  • "War never changes" - Fallout: This stuck with me because I found it ridiculous at first. War is always changing. The guns, the sword, the people, the flags. I figured it always changed. But then I noticed that he was talking about people. People never change. Even after the apocalypse. People are still people. And that's such a keeper.
  • "Snakeeeeeeeeeee" - Metal Gear Solid: I had never of Black Ops, Special Forces, or Plausible Deniability before MGS. I was a kid. So this whole game stuck with me. War in the shadows. So absurd. So real.
  • "Listen" - Navi. Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time: That little faerie bugged me at first. Now I love her. She's so cool. Way better than Peter Dink in Destiny imo.
  • "..." - Cloud. Final Fantasy VII. First time I ever learned to like an Anti-Hero. The silent type. Just a guy who's F'd up, doesn't talk much, and just kicks butt everywhere he goes. Way to go Cloudo. Who needs a monologue when you got a Buster Sword anyways.
  • Pretty much anything from Sergent Major Avery Johnson of the Halo Universe. I liked him more than Cortana to be honest.

favorite quote would have to be Jack from mass effect 2 when you tell her to stay with Garrus. After all the arguing and threats she has given "Yep" is such a shocker and surprise.

for a memorable moment the moment the star child appeared and told me to choose my ending cause what I did in the trilogy barely mattered. That is most memorable and least favorite

most memorable and favorite would have to be just the insanity of bulletstorm. So many fun ways to kill people

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Darth Praelior said:
for a memorable moment the moment the star child appeared and told me to choose my ending cause what I did in the trilogy barely mattered. That is most memorable and least favorite
OMG YES. Three games, dozens of choices, and hundreds of hours committed only be given that load of literary garbage. I'll hate Bioware forever. :D :p

***SPOILERS OBVS***

The entire experience of playing The Last Of Us really stuck with me. I always played it at night with the lights off, headphones on. I always felt very alone. On my first playthrough I would sometimes have weird dreams after playing. Awesome experience.

If I had to pick a favorite moment it would be
when Joel recovers from his injury and chases after Ellie, holds her and calls her baby girl like he did for his daughter when she died in his arms. YOU DO CARE ABOUT HER JOEL, YOU ARE HER DAD.

I'm not entirely sure why it was so poignant with me, but the moment in Bastion when the kid first met the singer, I balled like a baby. The slow build up with the song wafting in and out in the background, the narration over the top, and then the song in full as you approach combined with the atmosphere of the stage. I still don't really know why it struck me so hard, but I always get pangs of sadness when I hear that track now.

Akatan Adasca

The Arkanian Dragon
The Death of Grey Fox, in Metal Gear Solid. Super moving, especially considering how young I was when I first played it. Everyone should play metal gear solid once in their life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom