Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Valiant I-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
vsd68.jpg

c7svPB7.gif

• Intent: To develop a mainline Light Star Destroyer for the Confederacy and its subfactions
  • Image Source: FractalSponge (Picture), [member="Darth Metus"] (Headers)
  • Canon Link: Victory Star Destroyer
  • Restricted Missions: None
  • Primary Source: N/A
W8bYbf1.gif

• Manufacturer: Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Model: Valiant I-class Star Destroyer
  • Affiliation: Shrouded Republic, Confederacy of Independent Systems, Closed-Market
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel hull
KycLgOj.gif

• Classification: Light Star Destroyer
  • Length: 1000m
  • Width: 501.6m
  • Height: 267.1m
  • Armament: High
    - 24 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons
    - 10 Heavy Torpedo Launchers
    - 6 Hypervelocity Cannons
    - 10 Medium Ion Cannons
    - 4 Tractor Beams
    - 20 Turbolaser Batteries
  • Defenses: Average
  • Hangar: Very Low: 1
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
OwUWNNL.gif

• Starship Sensor Package
  • Starship Ion Engines
  • Starship Hyperdrive
  • Starship Shield Generators
  • Starship Repulsorlift Engine
  • Starship Maneuvering Thrusters
  • Starship Life Support System
  • Starship Escape Pods
  • Starship Inertial Dampeners
  • Starship Medical Bay
  • Starship Barracks
paySBL0.gif

• Heavy Torpedo Launchers: The Valiant I is outfitted with heavy torpedo launchers capable of unleashing long-range firepower against enemy targets
  • Advanced Communications System: The Valiant I is equipped with a state-of-the-art communications system that can defeat most types of jamming
Strengths:
  • Long Range Torpedoes: The Valiant can launch a powerful torpedo salvo from beyond the range of regular turbolasers
  • Advanced Comms Suite: The communications suite aboard the Valiant I-class features powerful computers and dishes (including line-of-sight laser antennae). These can filter out jamming techniques such as flooding comms frequencies with static, or basic cybernetic attacks.
Weaknesses:
  • Low Hangar Capacity: Intended to serve more as a brawler, the Valiant has a lower hangar capacity than comparable ships of its size.
  • Vulnerable Rear: As with many Star Destroyer designs, the Valiant's shape and engine configuration makes it vulnerable to an attack from behind.
nca8WSD.gif

Developed by W.D.B. shortly after the fall of the Dominion, the Valiant-class was based on the same concept as the Victory Star Destroyers used by the Galactic Empire in the past. A smaller, lighter ship of the line than the average Star Destroyers, the Valiant served as a long range torpedo platform and as a mainline capital ship within the fleets of the Shrouded Republic and Ancient Eye for many years, performing its missions with distinction.

As with most early ships designed by Wolfe Design Bureau, the Valiant-class originally featured a modular design, which was meant to allow for the easy removal and replacement of entire ship sections by a shipyard, thus drastically reducing the costs and time required for a retrofit. This made it a highly versatile design, a feature which the Confederacy took advantage of when retrofitting this venerable design to modern standards.

When first conceptualized, the Valiant design incorporated a number of features such as an improved comms package, allowing it to not only serve as a mainline capital ship, but as a patrol group flagship as well, also giving it the ability to defeat most types of comms jamming, making it ideally suited to lead small fleet groups on patrol or special assignments.

The Valiant-class is designed primarily for front line combat. As such, hangar space and maneuverability were sacrificed in order to allow the placement of additional armament, which has been increased by the recent retrofit, to include two additional hypervelocity cannons and four additional heavy turbolasers. It can only carry one squadron of twelve fighters and a number of shuttles, although it has a decent sized troop complement on board, consisting of 1800 troops which can be deployed on planetary engagements. Its crew complement consists of 6200 servicemen and women, although it can be operated by as little as 2000 crewmen.

Designed for extended deployment during deep-space operations, the Valiant-class has a fairly impressive cargo capacity which allows it to carry around enough supplies and consumables for up to five years of operation with a full crew and troop complement and any number of the ship's cargo holds can be retrofitted as workshops for manufacturing additional equipment and some light vehicles, including the ability to produce spare parts for its complement of fighters, thus reducing the interval between resupplies.

Darth Tacitus said:
Advanced Comms Suite: The Valiant-class is outfitted with an advanced suite of communications equipment, allowing it to defeat most types of jamming
How does this work?

Darth Tacitus said:
Designed for extended deployment during deep-space operations, the Valiant-class has a fairly impressive cargo capacity which allows it to carry around enough supplies and consumables for up to five years of operation with a full crew and troop complement and any number of the ship's cargo holds can be retrofitted as workshops for manufacturing additional equipment and some light vehicles, including the ability to produce small numbers of fighters.
Is this something that can be accomplished on the tactical scale? (Can this make fighters rapidly to replace losses in the same battle?)

[member="Gir Quee"]

1) The communications suite aboard the Valiant features powerful computers and dishes (including line-of-sight laser antennae). These can filter out jamming techniques such as flooding comms frequencies with static, or basic cybernetic attacks.

2) No, its just some fluff I added in for flavor (originally, this submission served as the flagship of a nomadic fleet). I can remove that if you wish.

Darth Tacitus said:
1) The communications suite aboard the Valiant features powerful computers and dishes (including line-of-sight laser antennae). These can filter out jamming techniques such as flooding comms frequencies with static, or basic cybernetic attacks.
If you'll add that to the description itself. As always, I recommend describing methods of how something works, rather than guaranteeing results.

Darth Tacitus said:
2) No, its just some fluff I added in for flavor (originally, this submission served as the flagship of a nomadic fleet). I can remove that if you wish.
You can keep that in there if you so wish, but if you do, please make mention that these can't be used to rapidly make starfighters in a matter of minutes. Otherwise, it looks like a work-around hangar count.

[member="Gir Quee"]

1) Done

2) Edited to this (when I originally made this, it didn't cross my mind that a starfighter could be made in minutes :p ):

the ship's cargo holds can be retrofitted as workshops for manufacturing additional equipment and some light vehicles, including the ability to produce spare parts for its complement of fighters, thus reducing the interval between resupplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom