Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Utai Ottegan Mead

Status
Not open for further replies.
To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
newly-brewed-bottles-mead.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg

Sixteen bottles of Utai Ottegan Mead prior to labeling and packaging

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Utai Ottegan Mead
  • Manufacturer: Utai Magic Circle
  • Homeworld (optional): N/A
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Affiliation: Closed market
  • Modularity: Yes: the size of the container and the base alcoholic beverage can be changed
  • Legal Status: Legal
  • Ingredients: Honey, hard water, Force-alchemy
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Alcoholic beverage
  • Method of Consumption: Orally, can be consumed multiple times
  • Average Life: Depending on the amount of mead consumed, 2-6 hours
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: Normally it would have the nutritional value associated with regular mead; however, due to the Force-alchemy used on the drink, NFUs will be a lot more susceptible to allergies if further consumption of alcohol is made, that is, people are much more likely to get puffy and get into shock if they drink more alcoholic beverages within 2-6 hours of having drunk a glass of Utai Ottegan Mead, and also causing premature drunkenness and alcohol withdrawal with additional, ulterior consumption of alcoholic beverages, even up to the point of inducing delirium tremens in the more extreme cases.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Force-alchemy-induced allergies/drunkenness
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
The Utai Ottegan Mead differs from other brands of mead because of its peculiar application of Force-alchemy, which is allergy-inducing. In addition, any prior or further dose of alcohol will make the person drinking it drunk much faster, provided that there is still alcohol in the user's bloodstream.

Strengths:
  • Consumers will be much more inclined to reveal sensitive information
  • Strong honey taste
Weaknesses :
  • Highly likely to cause premature drunkenness, alcohol withdrawal and even up to delirium tremens-level of intensity
  • Highly likely to cause allergic reactions upon consuming different alcohol products beforehand or afterward
  • Highly likely to cause stomach ulcers
  • Ineffective on inorganic species
  • Denser than normal mead brews (almost double the density of unalchemized mead)
  • Carrying a bottle of Utai can make someone easier to detect in the Force
  • Taste and alcoholic content varies depending on the base mead
  • Its allergic effects can be neutralized by someone using Detoxify Poison, Force-nullifiers or Force-light
DESCRIPTION
The proprietary alchemical process used by Utai Magic Circle makes it so that, so long as there is alcohol in the bloodstream, it makes people prematurely by amplifying the effects of drunkenness, as is the case on its lum cousin, the Utai Dry Pilsner. Also, since it is found that the use of honey makes the effects of the alchemy much more potent, its can even range up to delirium tremens-level, which is the highest level of pathological alcohol withdrawal, on top of an increased alcoholic content. As such, it will make extraction of sensitive data much easier to do on people that drink Utai Ottegan Mead, and also making people vomit, urinate or otherwise exhibit symptoms of acute drunkenness but does not amplify hangovers since the alchemical effects are specific to the immediate presence of alcohol in the user's bloodstream at the time of consumption. Also, the alchemy contained in the mead provokes allergic reactions. It also effectively limits the amount of alcohol one can drink due to the alchemy prematurely setting off the symptoms of drunkenness and alcohol withdrawal. It is recommended that people take a serving of Utai Ottegan Mead before another alcohol drink for this reason.

Due to the alchemical process in use by Utai Magic Circle, the Utai Ottegan Mead carries all the usual weaknesses of dark side alchemy: the product is heavier than an equivalent unalchemized product and its dark side signature makes a person carrying a bottle of the mead easier to detect in the Force. It also limits the quantities of the mead that can be produced: the alchemical process forces the base mead to be pre-ordered prior to production. In turn, ordering the base drink beforehand makes it so that the actual taste of a Utai Ottegan Mead is highly dependent on the base drink. Also, no more than one half-barrel keg (6 standard cases of a dozen 750 ml bottles of mead) may be brewed in a standard week.

Finally, two more notes of caution, regarding the Utai Ottegan Mead, regardless of what the base drink is: the usage of Force-nullifiers (like ysalamiri, Yuuzhan Vong, etc.) as well as of Force-light would remove the allergic effects.

Janick Beauchamp said:
NFUs will be a lot more susceptible to allergies if further consumption is made,

Curious as to what allergies. As in, I am allergic to grapes, I drink a glass of this eat a grape and now I'm all puffy and going into shock? Or do I have a reaction if I drink this and whisky in one night? Allergic to the mead itself?

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
Delila Castillon said:
Curious as to what allergies. As in, I am allergic to grapes, I drink a glass of this eat a grape and now I'm all puffy and going into shock? Or do I have a reaction if I drink this and whisky in one night? Allergic to the mead itself?

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]
[member="Delila Castillon"] I made edits, reflecting what effects it would have out of the list you gave me: a character would likely have a reaction if it drank a glass of Utai Ottegan Mead and then a normal glass of alcoholic beverages, such as whisky or lum, in one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom