Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update time! And a return!

Alright guys, it's update time on Krissy!

And for once I actually have good news! Well after a small bit of bad news first. So let's start shall we?

The last month I spent every other week in the hospital and have multiple ER trips. Two bouts of food poisoning from hell. Never ever touching cheese dip again. EVER. Everything from issues with diabetes to, back issues, to the food poisoning that I swear was trying to murder me.... Twice. Last month spent moving to get away from a nasty situation as well where I was being stalked and having my life threatened constantly. It wasn't pleasant to say the least. Not one bit of last month was fun in the least.

Now that I am home, I am safe and far from the stalking mess. With no one but who absolutely needs it knowing where I am. So there is finally safety, and a much better police force to aid should something happen despite all the protections we have in place. Bigger cities have their advantages for sure.

Health wise .. since the hospital stays, a few doctor appointments and me finally getting insurance I am getting the care needed. Further good news, I no longer have to walk with a cane to get around. My spine health has actually improved.

After discovering I had celiac's disease, and that autoimmune reaction to gluten had prevented vital nutrients from being absorbed and properly used, with calcium supplements and a lot of learning of what to eat and what to avoid, ect... the Osteoporosis is starting to reverse. Bones that were nearly invisible are starting to regain color and show as a fainter white on X-rays, which is HUGE! To have that reversing is wonderful. It means that soon, maybe six months from now my bones will be back to normal in that region. Which means I can start to get back to doing things I really love. Being outside without fear that a single fall will put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. It is so wonderful to see every set of X-rays and seeing the color return to bones that were nearly invisible just a few months ago when I came to Tef, asking for much needed help.

I cannot say thank you enough for those who donated to the fundraiser back then. You all helped me get the proper care and diagnosis that likely have saved my life and the quality of it. Before now, I was stuck in bed 90% of the time. Now I can't tell you how good it is to get out of bed, to be able to move. To not be tied to a cane. To not be afraid that a fall would end it all. You guys single-handedly changed my life, and I'll never be able to repay such kindness. But I sure will try! I thank you all for getting me through perhaps the worst time in my life. With my spine healing, with nerves recovering, and me gaining feeling back in places it was lost is incredible. I never would have gotten this far without the loving support of the family I have here.

Further more, I've gotten into pain management and that alone has helped to give me freedom and get me out of the bed. To have energy again and not be trapped by such great physical pain. Bedridden, is not a fun experience and I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about that now. You guys got me here. From those who stayed up late nights, talking me through the worst bits where I was frightened beyond belief, and so unsure of what the future would hold for me, to those who rp'd patiently with me as I couldn't always get on with the bad days. Couldn't always post consistently. I appreciate it more than you know, for that was my distraction from the pain and got me doing something aside from sleep or play video games or surf youtube.

Truly, the family I have here, and I do consider this an extension of my family. You have all been so great, and such wonderful supporters. You've all gotten me through the roughest part. Though one small bit of dimmer news here at the end, I do have nerves pinched by a disc from my symptoms alone, in a couple places. This does mean surgery. However here is the good part, with the slow recovery from the osteoporosis means about 5-7 other procedures to fuse, and strength that section are not needed. Neck and low back surgery most likely are going to be a must. I'll talk to a neurosurgeon within two to three weeks and we will seek what he thinks. So I'm not completely out of the woods, and when/if they decide on surgery there will be a lengthy recovery process, but it should be well worth it to free nerves and get my body back to where it rightly should be.

So thank you all for everything. I love all of you. And I appreciate everything that has been done for me. What each of you have done for me and are still doing for me!

And lastly, I am back to rping as I used to, finally feeling well enough and up to doing so. Which has to be the best thing ever to be back with you guys pounding out the stories. Much love to all! <3!!!

We haven't met, not yet anyway, but always nice to read an uplifting story from behind the RP world.

My heart goes out to you for the struggles you've had, but it is thrilling to see your progress, and a misty eye from this RPer just echoes how poignant it is what you've done.

Best wishes to you [member="Coryth Elaris"], for today, tomorrow and the future for your continued improvement!

Much love to you.

:)

Holy crap and I thought I was having it rough!

I am so glad that you got through all of that! I'm glad that everything is turning out just fine. I welcome you back with open arms. But you know.....

your there and well, I'm here probably in another state or country sitting in my chair.

um how about this. *Internet huggs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom