Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Ulur'uur-class Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image: Here
ore_seraphim_by_lobaud-d30nxek.jpg
Credit: loboud; Eve Online Create a Starship Submission
Image: Here
Image Credit: Eve Online
Intent: To create a small, lightly armed frigate capable of providing advanced sensor

Development Thread: Buying Parts
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: Ulur'uur-class Frigate (“Detect Silence” in Galactic Basic)
Affiliation: Mandalorian Navy, Hyperion Security, Open Market,
Modularity: None
Production: Minor Production
Material: Alusteel, Durasteel, and other common construction materials,

Description:
The Ulur'uur-class Frigate is a lightly armed and armored support ship designed to supplement the Mandalorian Navy with advanced sensor coverage during fleet actions. The ship actively and passively scans nearby space for signals and fluctuations that could alert the fleet to dangers posed by minefields, stellar anomalies, cloaked ships, enemy formations, and a number of other threats. The ship houses multiple long-range sensor systems and a several high powered sensor systems.

One such system installed on the Ulur'uur-class frigate is an advanced hyperwave signal interceptor. While any ship can detect an object entering or exiting hyperspace, the Ulur'uur Frigate can identify the mass, speed, and trajectory of any nearby ship that exits or enters hyperspace. This often allows commanders to 'guess' the origin or destination of the ship, but also provided earlier warning of large and high speed ships entering local space. The other and more important role this sensor allows the Ulur'uur Frigate to perform is that of a signal snoop. The ship was loaded with advances listening equipment, multiple protocol droids, numerous slicers as part of the crew of this vessel. The ability to overhear enemy HoloNet, Hyperradio, and subspace communications was invaluable on the battlefield.

The ship is also equipped with an advanced Dedicated Energy Receptor that passively scans nearby space for electromagnetic emissions. Like all DER's commonly found in military grade starships, the Ulur'uur's sensors were able to detect emissions from lasers, beacons, and comlink transmissions as well as actively scan a specific ship or structure for weaknesses based on energy fluctuations. Due to the high strength of the Ulur'uur's advanced sensors, the ship was able to detect metallic objects in space as passive electromagnetic fields reacted to the material. Due to this feature, the Ulur'uur is unparalleled as an early warning system against minefields.

Lastly, the frigate is equipped with the rare and expensive Crystal Gravfield Trap that almost doubles the cost of constructing one of these vessels. But thanks to the effectiveness of the gravity detecting capabilities of the CGT sensors, the Ulur'uu Frigate is an unrivalled asset in military operations and was often a fleet commander's only line of defense against stealth technology.

Classification: Frigate
Role: Surveillance Frigate
Height: 75 meters
Width: 112 meters
Length: 300 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor,
Hyperdrive Rating: 2 (Class 10 Backup)
Minimum Crew: 250
Optimal Crew: 800

Armament Rating: 10
Hangar:
None
Non-Combative Attachments:
Deflector Shielding
Encrypted HoloNet Transceiver
Aural Sensor
Hyperwave Signal Interceptor
Dedicated Energy Receptor
Crystal Gravfield Trap
Small Medical Bay

Passenger Capacity: 200 Marines
Cargo Capacity: 2,000 tons
Consumables: 6 Months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 6 (2.0 Guide) 10 (3.0 Guide)

Combine the three types together and then take a careful look at each of the sensor types you linked and then your description of each. CGT will require a dev thread.
Please use the full template.
@[member="Captain Larraq"]

@[member="Domino"]

I was speaking with Fabula while I submitted this. I was getting an error with the HTML code that was resulting in my post being... canceled. So I piecemeal'd the submission until I located the code that was creating the error.

The submission is now using the full template.

TGE is a re-branding of the Atrisian Empire and has no historical connection to the Remnants. Now you can ask them if they happen to have quite a few laying about but I doubt it. As for dev threads?

"As with all development threads, focus on story and have fun. RPJs reserve the right to request a longer development thread if effort is not being shown."
@[member="Captain Larraq"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom