Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Type II Crusader-class Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
TYPE II CRUSADER-CLASS CORVETTE
crusader35-1024x768.jpg
Image Source: Herehttp://fractalsponge.net/?p=1538
Intent: To create a powerful Gunship like Lancer-class and Ranger-class from Canon

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Development Thread:
  • As Needed
Who Can Use This: Mandalorian Clans
Manufacturer: ArmaTech Industries, Mandal Hypernautics
Model: Mk2
Affiliation: Mandalorian Clans
Modularity: Yes
  • Non Combat Systems can be exchanged
Production: Minor
Material: Laser Reflective Armor, Mandalorian Steel, Agrinium, Electronics, Starship Components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Light Gunship
Length: 140 Meters
Width: 72 Meters
Height: 40 Meters
Armament Rating: 12
Defense Rating: 12
  • Energy: 20
  • Kinetic: 8
  • Other: 12
Armament:
Hangar:
  • None
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimum Crew: 60
Passenger Capacity: 60
Cargo Capacity: 600 Metric Tons
Consumables: 5 Years
Maneuverability Rating: 7
Speed Rating: 7
Hyperdrive Class: 0.6
Backup Hyperdrive Class: 10

NON-COMBAT SYSTEMS
Propulsion
Sensor and Targeting
  • Hi-Track Targeting Computer
  • Full-Spectrum Sensor Array
Communications
Shielding
Miscellaneous
DESCRIPTION
The Crusader-class Corvette has been a mainstay of the Mandalorian Military for centuries, used as a raid ship, a gunship, and a patrol vessel. The Type II is the progression of technology to reinforce the role of a mobile gunship. Designed to devastate pirate ships, attack craft, and maul smaller raiding vessels with powerful volleys of mass driver rounds.

The Type II was designed for extended patrols similar to the Sovereign-class Star Destroyer, alongside the Kandosii-class Dreadnought, or alone. To do this, its waste systems are instead connected to a small Molecular Furnace buried within the hull of the ship. Its used to produce ammunition for the vessel, war materials such as battle droids, and repair components for the ship, and its ground based units. It is of course limited in its capacity to produce, unable to create anything larger than a speeder through the conveyor and construction systems that operate along side it. Given enough time it could theoretically produce enough material to repair major damages, but it could be years given the size of the furnace and thus major repairs should be done at a repair station. Along this same vein, the ship makes use of a Solid Fuel Converter, designed to convert virtually any matter into power for fuel cells. When the molecular furnace is not in use, waste and trash is rerouted to this system to allow for replenishment of the ship's fuel cells.

The armor of the ships is a durable Mandalorian Steel plates reinforced by Echani Graphite cable cross-weave in an all or nothing style armament. The plates are covered with a layer of Laser Reflective Armor, used to redirect energy weapons such as Turbolaser and Ion cannons which can redirect the energy blasts, but the armor is easily damaged by slugs. While energy weapons find it very difficult to wear down the armor and hull plating, Slugs much more easily penetrate its defenses.

Shields, similar to the Alor-class, are set up in two layers. The outer shield layer is a Retribution Ray Shield, equipped with a rapid shutter systems to allow weapons to fire out unimpeded and to disable the Dovin Basal 'shield grab' attacks made popular during the Yuuzhan Vong War and the resurgence of the One Sith. This outer layer's Ray shield is able to return some of the output it absorbs and lashes out at the ships damaging it with a portion of the energy, though it is less resilient than normal. This energy dissipates over time and distance, with the maximum damage at close range being about half what it absorbs, about a third at standard range, and as little as one tenth at long ranges. The inner layer is an Deflector Shield, comparable to standard shielding, designed to be top of the line.

Offensively, the Crusader uses twenty repeating mass drivers on fast mount turrets, designed to fire a continuous volley of firepower at its targets. The weapons are plasma driven 40mm solid turadium slugs from repeating cannons commonly used as Anti-Air cannons in ground installations as its primary weapons comparable to a turbolaser in fire power though with a much higher rate of fire. They use independent powerpacks to provide what little energy they need to operate during combat. Combined with the Fast Mount turrets, the Crusader uses the Hi-Track Targeting Computers to target smaller attack craft effectively. The advanced targeting computers allow them to engage attack craft effectively, though not as well as point defense lasers which are capable of faster tracking speeds. In addition the turrets are capable of operating without power through the use of gear wheels and pedals, though are much less effective point defense weapons when used in this way. In addition to its primary armament, it uses two batteries of CIWS weapons to engage missiles, interceptors, and drones.

Fire Arcs
[SIZE=14.6667px]
[/SIZE]
  • All weapons are able to fire all Forward, all Aft
  • Half of the weapons are able to fire Starboard, Port, Dorsal, or Ventral
[SIZE=14.6667px]
[/SIZE]

Strengths:
  • Quit Hitting Yourself: With Retribution Ray Shielding and Laser Reflective Armor, energy weapons like Turbolasers, Ion Cannons, and the like are not ideal to combat this corvette.
  • Hi-Track: The Targeting Computers connected to the Fast Mount Mass Drivers allow them to engage smaller attack craft, though not quite as effectively as Point Defense Weaponry
Weaknesses:
  • Armor Breakage: With repeated heat to the Laser Reflective armor, they eventually cease to function.
  • Kinetic Weaponry: Slugs bypass most of the ship's defensive strengths (Such as Retribution Ray Shields and Laser Reflective Armor) and damage the Reflective armor plates very quickly.
Special Features:
  • Laser Reflective Armor
  • Powerful Point Defense
REFERENCES

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Draco Vereen said:
Classification: Light Gunship Length: 140 Meters
This appears to have all of the ratings of a heavy corvette, but at 70% of the size. I could maybe even see a case for letting that pass since it's also minor production, but it's also appears to have a lot of extra systems. I see two basic options:

1) Increase size to 200 meters

2) Scale down ratings in proportion to its size (probably best done by averaging the Picket & heavy corvette templates). In other words, armament rating would become around 10 or 11, speed would improve to 8, etc.

Draco Vereen said:
Echani Graphite cable cross-weave in an all or nothing style armament.
Echani graphite should probably be linked, and listed in the materials section of this submission. I'm also guessing that you meant "armor" instead of "armament". Given that the concept of all or nothing armor, what sections of the craft are armored? Or alternatively, what sections of the craft are not armored?

Draco Vereen said:
The plates are covered with a layer of Laser Reflective Armor, used to redirect energy weapons such as Turbolaser and Ion cannons back in the rough direction they originated from,
I'd change to this to "can redirect". Ultimately, this would depend on the angle made between the incoming bolt and the angle of the armor. A straightforward perpendicular angle could certainly send it back to the other vessel. But if this hits at an obtuse angle, the bolt would not likely go back towards the enemy ship.

Draco Vereen said:
Shields, similar to the Alor-class, are set up in two layers.
I'm not comfortable with this ship having two special shield systems without development. The Alor had a fair amount of development behind it; this does not.

Draco Vereen said:
primary weapons comparable to a turbolaser in fire power though with a much higher rate of fire.
Does this mean that each shell is comparable to a normal turbolaser bolt? Or are we talking about over damage over a set period of time (Or Damage Per Second, if we're using video game terminology)?

Gir Quee said:
Does this mean that each shell is comparable to a normal turbolaser bolt? Or are we talking about over damage over a set period of time (Or Damage Per Second, if we're using video game terminology)?
Its Repeating so, it counts as 2 Capital Guns. Its the same as if there was a Repeating Turbolaser for gun Math.

Gir Quee said:
Echani graphite should probably be linked, and listed in the materials section of this submission. I'm also guessing that you meant "armor" instead of "armament". Given that the concept of all or nothing armor, what sections of the craft are armored? Or alternatively, what sections of the craft are not armored?
I'll get to this, but, Historically, Ammunition Storage, Bridge, Reactor would be the all or nothing.

Gir Quee said:
I'd change to this to "can redirect". Ultimately, this would depend on the angle made between the incoming bolt and the angle of the armor. A straightforward perpendicular angle could certainly send it back to the other vessel. But if this hits at an obtuse angle, the bolt would not likely go back towards the enemy ship.
I can do that, but as the shape of the ship is odd, it adds a lot of geometry to the RP. Personally, I generalized it as "Rough General Direction" for the sole purpose of not making people whip out the Protractor to figure out. Because its a rough direction, the attacker can always say it went wide if they want.

And I gutted the Thermal Shield to make it a Deflector Shield.

Picket Corvette is 6/6 Speed 7/7
Double the size 12/12 Speed 8/8
Call it 16 Repeating Mass Drivers instead of 20.

And How much dev for that.

Draco Vereen said:
I'll get to this, but, Historically, Ammunition Storage, Bridge, Reactor would be the all or nothing.
Cool, let me know when it's in there.

Draco Vereen said:
I can do that, but as the shape of the ship is odd, it adds a lot of geometry to the RP. Personally, I generalized it as "Rough General Direction" for the sole purpose of not making people whip out the Protractor to figure out. Because its a rough direction, the attacker can always say it went wide if they want.

I'm also not interested in people getting really specific about angles. My main point is that for most of the angles that this could be shot at, given typically capital ship engagement ranges, the chances of it actually reflecting back to hit the target ship is probably something like less than 20%. There's a very narrow range of angles where this would actually reflect in the rough general direction of the firing ship, unless we're talking about a point-blank range slugging fest. I'm flexible on how describe that in the description, but I do want it to be clear that isn't something that is usually happening a majority of the time that this thing is being fired at.

Draco Vereen said:
Picket Corvette is 6/6 Speed 7/7 Double the size 12/12 Speed 8/8 Call it 16 Repeating Mass Drivers instead of 20. And How much dev for that.
I'm not entirely sure what we're talking, but I think we're talking about armament?

As I understand it, 16 repeating mass drivers would go to roughly thirty two guns, which is basically a heavy corvette armament.

This would only be an option with this ship at its current size by having some noticeable deficiencies compared to the baseline template corvettes in order to balance it out.

I am open to suggestions as to how you want to balance this out if you want to go that route.

The usual two items that I would be okay with is lowered defenses or lowered speed/maneuverability. If we do go for either one of these routes, some of their current features associated with them would have to go.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Alright, I'm looking at Picket Corvette.

Its 80 Meters.

It gets 10 Guns, 3 Missile Launchers, and 16 Defense Guns and is called Armament 6
X2 (Call it armament 12)
20 Guns, 6 Missile Launchers, 32 Defense Guns.

20 Repeating Mass Drivers = 40 (20 Guns + 6 Missile Launchers + 16 Defense Guns)
8 Defense Guns = 8

Leaves some spares.

As far as Speed/man Go. I'd like 8. I'd love to push for 7.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Draco Vereen"] At the request of Gir I will be judging this from here on out.

Give me a day to look it over and see how the judging has been going and I will get a post up for you man :)

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Draco Vereen"]

So,
Draco Vereen said:
Material: Laser Reflective Armor

Draco Vereen said:
The plates are covered with a layer of Laser Reflective Armor, used to redirect energy weapons such as Turbolaser and Ion cannons which can redirect the energy blasts,
this stuff is meant for blaster and laser cannon bolts. Claiming they reflect capital scale weapons is far surpassing the power of the original canon material.
some sort of editign needs to be made to make this reflect blaster and laser bolts and assist in defense from capital energy to some drgess but still not reflect that powerful of a weapon.

So is this a heavy corvette or a big picket? also 2x as big doesn't mean 2x the weapons.

Speed is fine, maneuvering is fine, armament needs to be 10, make the weapon count 14 repeating mass drivers, 8 CIWS
Give it a defense rating of 10 and make the breakdown
Energy 16
Kinetic 8
other 8

or
you want to make it faster, sure but you will need to lose some armament and defense. swap out the stats 1 for 1

if you want to do development and bump womething sure we can discuss that. Just as it you have a heavy corvette weapons, picket corvette speed and maneuvering, advanced armor, advanced shielding, stealth paint, and faster than 1 hyperdrive. To have the cake and eat it too you need development :)

Reshmar said:
some sort of editign needs to be made to make this reflect blaster and laser bolts and assist in defense from capital energy to some drgess but still not reflect that powerful of a weapon.

Canon it was basically completely impervious to even 10 meter tall droids. I've included that continued strikes and heavier weapons render it ineffective already, as it will melt.

Reshmar said:
stealth paint
LOL, there isn't hardly anything stealth about it. It can change colors, that's all.

How much dev and for what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom