Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Souls, Two Paths, One Road. (Tallia/Josh)

Some time had passed since Josh had journeyed on a mission on the homeworld of the Wookiees. He remembered it fondly, as his ship, the Final Dragon, touched down on Naboo.

Some things had happened since then, obviously. They had ended the war with the Sith. The Sith Empire was defeated, disbanded, gone. They had won... But they knew the victory wouldn't last forever. Meanwhile, Josh had captured his brother, Sith Knight Nicholas DragonsFlame, who still remained in Jedi custody, awaiting his fate.

Soon enough though, a trick devised by the GE caused the Republic and Fringe to go to war. They had fought on O'Reen, and Josh was there personally for the battle. He'd faced betrayal, twice actually, in his eyes being betrayed by both Aleidis Ijet and Jak Sandrow. While he had been able to mend fences with Jak after the battle, Aleidis remained nowhere in sight, leaving a hole where his bond with her had once been.

What led Josh to take initiative though, nobody knew. But before anybody knew what was going on, Selena Halcyon had flown the coop. Left, gone, vacation time, right before the Fringe were scheduled to attack and invade Coruscant to take it as their own.

In her place, with Supreme Chancellor Jack Harkness behind him (Even if he nearly sabotaged the entire bloody operation by being rude and outright disrespectful during peace talks), Josh met with Fringe leader Ashin Varanin and her entourage, and somehow, some way, negotiated a peace treaty, ending the war before capital battles could be involved.

Since then, things had been relatively peaceful. The Republic finally had time to regroup, with Selena gone for now, the Council had time to patch things up with the Jedi in terms of being a little too war friendly, the more war friendly council members themselves either leaving to become hermits, or stationing on battle-claimed former Sith planets to lead a stronghold there, in lieu of war time.

Sure, some people didn't get the memo, such as Tallia's Padawan, who recently had started up a big stink, by some reports purposely causing drama to cause issues within the Order, but such ridiculousness was quickly swept aside for more pressing issues.

Regardless, all of this led to today. Josh wanted to get off of Coruscant, away from the politics for a bit, and he had promised Tallia he would take her out for dinner after the war. Well, both wars had ended, one by his hand, so it was time to live up to that promise. He walked down the ramp of his ship and onto his homeworld, taking a deep breath of the Naboo air with a smile. He would be meeting Tallia here, as promised.

He remembered back to the last time he had seen her... And the mixed emotions that came with it. He didn't know why, but he was more then looking forward to seeing her again. For some reason, being around her made him... Happier. He couldn't explain it.

He walked to the entrance of The Moon Of Naboo, the restaurant that had been aptly named so. It used to be a coffee shop, if he remembered last he was here, but it had been renovated to a restaurant to increase business.

He looked around... It was the annoited time. Where was she?

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

Light filtered through the viewscreen as Tallia Farn stared at Naboo, a richly colored blue-green planet that gleamed from a near-by star's rays of sunlight. It was a beautiful sight to behold. She now realized why Josh had called her all the way out here for a meeting. The entirely organic planet was a sharp contrast from the planets she had recently spent time on. Korriban and O'reen had been arid planets on the verge of being called devoid of life. Naboo seemed to have a much more pleasant atmosphere.

She stood up from her pilot's chair as her astromech began to descend the ship toward the surface.

"Now what am I going to wear?" She asked aloud while striding to her quarters. Tallia didn't want anything too fancy, It wasn't a date after all... Or was it? She couldn't entirely be sure. Had Josh used the word date? Why didn't she pay better attention to these things. Her actions finally caught up to her thoughts as she opened up her closet.

All she had with her were various sets of Jedi robes.

"Not very much selection." She muttered, digging deeper into the closet. In the very back she found an outfit she had not worn in months. She had forgotten it completely and it had been riding in her ship undisturbed for quite sometime.

It was a set of stark white robes, similar to what was worn by Jedi teachers or librarians long ago in the Old Republic. They were both professional, and rather striking at the same time. It seemed like a good choice.

After she removed her pilot jumpsuit and donned her fresh set of clothes, she headed out of her ship. The landing had been rather flawless work even for her droid companion. As she walked down the ramp she called to him.

"Take good care of the ship." and Tallia received a low tweet in reply.

She hurried to where her and Josh were supposed to meet. "Sorry for arriving so late."

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Josh hadn't been wearing anything too fancy. His other robes were meant for formal occasions... Or dates. Was it a date? He hadn't remembered using the word date... He didn't think Tallia had either. Hopefully she wouldn't have any problems with what he was wearing. He had forgone robes in favor of a dark blue t-shirt, laden with a sharp black leather jacket, plus black pants and his Magnus Boots, which had been dyed black. He wore other parts of the armor under the shirt, but it was hard to see under everything. He was also wearing a set of sunglasses, due to the degree of the sun's presence on Naboo that day. Couldn't see a bloody thing otherwise, and with how long he'd waited, it was good he'd brought them. On his belt were both his lightsabers, both old and new. He was never unarmed... Ever.

As Tallia came over, a smile crossed his face. She'd arrived after all. He removed his sunglasses, he wouldn't need them once they went inside anyways.

"It's fine, Tallia" he said. "Just nice to be back here after all the crap we've been through" he added, smirking.

"Shall we go?" he asked, starting to lead the way.

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

"Absolutely." Tallia said while following behind. She noticed both his lightsabers hanging from his belt. She too was carrying her lightsaber, although it was not her typical purple blade that she had put together herself. It was a green lightsaber with a simple hilt and a large tooth attached into the base. Her mother had sent it to her when she had begun her Jedi training. She knew a little about it, but not much. It was an ancient blade and seemed to shine brighter than regular lightsabers. She had been told it was once owned by a Queen of Hapes long ago. How it had been acquired she had no idea, but she had fond memories of using the weapon as a youngling. She had used the typical practice swords as well, but nothing had made her more proud than to have her very own lightsaber before everyone else.

Josh seemed to be dressed pretty casual. It reminded Tallia that she needed to start expanding her closet to more than just Jedi robes.

"So, what do you have planned?" She asked as she continued to follow him. This city was entirely foreign to her, so she didn't know where anything was. She just had to trust that Josh knew where he was going.

(Sorry I keep taking so long. My weekend was really busy :) )

(No worries. Sorry for taking a bit to just respond now, the power went out when hail knocked our tower over. Did you ever look into Skype btw? Would make planning this thread easier, but whatever works for you really :) )

Josh looked down at himself, feeling a little bit guilty about how casually he'd dressed, while Tallia had dressed a bit more... Suitably. Hopefully, she would be able to forgive him for that, and he hadn't brought things to a... Rough start already.

Josh had constructed a brand new lightsaber since Tallia had seen him last, one of them being on his belt, and the one she recognized from their last mission together beside it. Josh had retired the old one as his primary, but kept it as a secondary just in case. This new one was a little longer, closer to staff sized, but not quite. It was likely to accommodate Josh's size and strength.

As they walked, he looked around at the beautiful views of Naboo. It'd been quite some time since he was here last. He enjoyed being back... And surprisingly, enjoyed being here even moreso with Tallia. He didn't know why he made that observation, but the human mind was a strange thing, was it not?

"There's this nice place that used to be a coffee shop, last I was here. I know the owner, he renovated it into a full scale restaurant a few months ago when business got good. He's done pretty well since, if I recall" he said. (Is the blue font too hard to read btw? I got some complaints about that, so I'll probably stop using it, but figured I'd ask you about it first because I keep doing it at times out of habit)

Eventually, they arrived. The Moon Of Naboo, it was called. It was a nice looking place, for sure. Josh opened the door and held it open for Tallia, shooting her a small smile. "Go on in" he said.

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

Tallia listened while Josh chatted away about the restaurant they were going to. Most of her attention however, was on the scenery. The architecture was absolutely stunning, and the streets were bustling with beings without the city seeming overpopulated. There was a nice balance of nature and technology that made the area seem inviting and familiar and overall just pleasant to reside in.

It was a wonderful place to visit and just enjoy, without having a mission to complete or a conflict to intervene in. It was planets like these that made her realize how little of the galaxy she had really seen. As they approached the restaurant, she couldn't help but quip, "Is everything this perfect here?" She stepped inside the door as Josh held it for her.

"I can't remember the last time I saw a manual door." She commented. "This looks like a wonderful place for us to... get a chance to talk." Tallia said carefully. "Many things have changed since we met last, and it seems to be for the better."

She stood with him in the doorway while they waited to be seated. The wait for a table didn't look very long. "How have you been taking care of yourself?"

(As soon as I get my new laptop, I'm going to download Skype on it. :) Shouldn't be long, but I'm going to just use the message system for now. I don't really have a problem with the blue text. If people can't read it they can highlight it. You could go a lighter blue though if people are really bothered by it.)

(Sounds like a plan, just let me know! As for the color... That's the lighest blue I can get from just using the dial. Takes way too much time and effort to get it any lighter, and I have to do it for every single line of dialogue. Since Josh is a talker.... Yeah, not happening. XD)

It was nice, for once to be able to enjoy the sights and the scenery. No missions, no meetings, no idiots screaming at him about things he's already busted his hump to fix... Just a quiet day with Tallia on Naboo. Just how he liked it. This was certainly a much more inviting environment then Coruscant was... Perhaps he would drop by his old home, or what was left of it after this... Whether he'd bring Talli or not was up to her.

He looked over at her as she asked the question and walked in. He walked in with her, before answering. "Hey, if this planet spawned me, it must be perfect, right?" he joked, chuckling a bit. "Jokes aside... Yeah. If you're not afraid of giant fish in the case that you take a dive, it's almost a perfect planet" he said, shooting her a grin.

At her next statement, he nodded a bit. "Yeah...." he said, biting his lip. "It's been quite some time. We've both had our share of fights. I'm sorry I couldn't reach you on O'Reen" he said. "I tried to, but I had problems of my own to take care of" he explained, with a sigh.

"But... Things have changed for the better, I agree" he said with a slight smile. "No more war... No more fighting... We can finally rebuild. And the Sith have gone into hiding for a time. It's... It's nice, really. But at the same time, some things... Well, some things never change"

He looked at the line for a table, and nodded off before they reached the front, arranging a table for them. He motioned her toward the one they'd been arranged to, leading her to it before answering her question.

"I'm.... Better" he said, taking a breath. "My responsibilities have increased, if that isn't obvious. But I'm just glad to be done with constant war" he explained. "I've had a chance to breathe, look back at what I've been doing"

He took a seat in the booth, before looking back at her.

"And what about you?" he asked. "Have you been taking care of yourself since we last got a chance to talk?"

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

Tallia sat herself down in the seat across from Josh before she responded. "O'reen was rough." She admitted. "I was lucky to make it out of there with all my limbs still attached. I've been in worse situations though. I'm just glad the conflict with the Fringe has subsided for now. Best not to jump from one war into the next."

The funny thing was a couple months ago she would have said exactly the opposite. Tallia had always been a rather radical thinker as a padawan. It had always been, and still was, her opinion that the only good Sith was a dead Sith. It was harsh, and slightly un-Jedi-like thinking, but she couldn't bring herself to feel compassion for them. If she could, she'd lead the charge across the galaxy to put an end to the Sith and bring them to justice. But she had now seen the consequences of war first hand, and she wasn't eager to repeat the process over again. She wanted to defeat the Sith as much as anyone else in the Order and more broadly the Republic, but she didn't think the cost of war was worth it right now.

"After I got back to Coruscant though things were rather peaceful, except for a particular Jedi Council meeting we both were present in." She gave him a smirk but her eyes held a glint of sadness in them. She was thoroughly disappointed and embarrassed at the actions of her padawan, Valx Raizod. He had some of the same radical ideas that she had considered as a padawan as well, but he was much more vocal about them.

He sighed. "O'Reen was rough" he agreed. "Two of my best friends defected to the other side. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty" he admitted, biting his lip. "I've never been a fan of war. Sure, I knew the Sith had to be defeated, and we did just that. But I didn't feel the need to jump into another war so soon" he said. He held a high disdain for war to begin with. This three-some of wars with the Empire, Black Suns and Fringe made his dislike for it even greater. He was tired of battle, tired of warfare. He just wanted to go back to being a Jedi.

But that was what Jedi were, weren't they? Guardians of the peace. That was why they fought alongside the Republic in their Sun and Fringe wars. The Republic sought peace like they did, and they protected the Jedi just as the Jedi protected them. That was a fact that many a whiner and complainer forgot when making outward statements about how the Republic were warmongers and the Jedi were attack dogs. Josh had no problem with it up until some of the Jedi, some of them for a time being on the Council, got way too friendly and lovey with the idea of war. Having sociopaths in the Order wasn't new to him, but having them on the Council especially concerned him greatly. At least for now, the need for bloodshed had cooled down. But with Selena flying the coop, things just weren't going back to peace anytime soon in the Jedi Order it seemed.

"I... Hehe... I don't know how the hell I did it" he said, referring to the Treaty Of Telos which he signed on behalf of the Republic after meeting with Ashin of the Fringe. "I don't know how I managed to negotiate a treaty with the Fringe, I really don't. I'm just glad it's over" he said, taking a breath as his eyes scanned the menu below them. "Sith Spit, Harkness is NOT helping the Republic though" he said irritably. "I did all the talking, he sat behind me and made rude remarks about the Fringe. Almost blew the entire damn thing if he hadn't shut his trap near the end" he said, shaking his head. "He did at least help clear up some points about the treaty that should be made, since politics aren't my thing, peacemaking is, but most of the time he just kept trying to piss them off. As much as I hate to say it, it's probably a good thing it was me who showed up" he said with a sigh. It wasn't out of ego, or confidence in himself... It was fact. "If Selena had done the talking, well... You saw Nar Shadda. This is probably the only good thing to come out of her leaving out of nowhere. They had to send someone, so they sent me. But that aside, I'm just glad this blasted thing is over with, even if we still have a Chancellor that would sooner plunge us into full out war then make peace" he said.

He nodded down at the menu as he made his choices, as he listened to Tallia go on. He nodded a bit. "Aye.... That was... Harsh" he said, shaking his head. "And the best part is he was one of many. Some people haven't really gotten the memo that we're trying our best to fix all this. Nobody has the patience. Even Aleidis Ijet, who attacked one of our Jedi on O'Reen along with the traitor former Grandmaster Je'gan, showed up and screamed at us, simultaneously preaching about peace while threatening us with her own private militia and threatening to get other factions to attack us and... Some shiz" he said, shaking his head. "It's a nuthouse. We have Padawans telling us to leave the Republic, and we have former Jedi screaming things at us that we've already heard and tried to fix while threatening us"

He sighed, before noticing someone walking toward them. The waitress obviously. Josh flashed them a small smile before giving his order.

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

Tallia nodded. "The tension is certainly disheartening. It seems as though everyone's in a permanent bad mood. I hope we can settle all of this soon." She stopped momentarily while the waitress took her order, then continued.

"I have to admit I've been pretty neutral in the dispute. I see the pros and cons of both sides, and to be honest there's flaws in both ways of thinking. I don't want to see the Order getting so wrapped up in emotion that we can't make a clear decision anymore." She had trouble with her emotions as well, but lately she had done a much better job of controlling it. Being around Josh seemed to give her a much clearer mind. It was an odd connection in the Force that she didn't completely understand yet. She wandered if he felt it too, or if it was just her.

"That treaty really saved us from going over the edge though. I'm not soon to trust the Fringe, but I think they'll keep the agreement for at least the time being. I don't think they want war any more than we do."

And yet, the connection was mutual. No matter how Josh had felt before this meeting, he felt... Calmer. Happier. Like the world wasn't on his shoulders anymore. His mind was clear and he could think clearly for once. It was a strange connection in the Force indeed. He didn't know if he would ever understand it, or if she even felt it. Maybe it was just him...

"The tension's been bothering me more and more since it began" he said, stopping for a moment to let her give her order to the waitress before the waitress walked away. "I've poured my heart into trying to fix things. It's just as if nobody will ever be satisfied" he said, giving a sigh. "We have Padawans trying to cause drama in situations that they don't understand. We have traitors breaking down our doors to scream at us. It's complete insanity. And no matter what we do, no matter what we say... Nobody will ever be happy"

He fwipped the hair from his face, taking a breath as he plopped his elbows onto the table, his chin resting on his hands as he stared into her eyes as he spoke, calming down again.

"I seen the pros and cons of both sides, but it's almost like one side is trying to fix things, and the other is trying to sabotage things in the name of helping" he explained, biting his lip. Normally, Josh was calm with this sort of thing. But it had been irritating him more and more. He felt as though he was accidentally outletting things to Tallia... Perhaps that would be a good thing, if he could trust her... Yet, he didn't want to accidentally endanger his friendship with the Jedi Knight by being too outward. A good balance was always good. A healthy balance.

"It did" he agreed to her last statement. "Sometimes though, I think they WANT us to break the treaty. Just so they have an excuse to war with us and claim they're the good guys, and rally others to their cause to take us down" he explained. "It just seems to be how they handle politics. They say they want to be left alone, yet..."

He sighed and shook his head. "They are a unique bunch, this is a fact. How they think and work is a mystery to many. Trusting them is to put your faith in the black widow. You can't trust her, only try and work around her and hope you don't get eaten"

"But...." he began. "Enough about the Fringe. It's over, for now. It's done. We'll deal with them when we get there" he said, smiling a bit. "I'd like to hear a bit about you. We didn't really get to talk much on our last mission, and we both took an early night after it was over, didn't really have much time to talk" he explained. He hoped it didn't sound odd... But he really did want to get to know Tallia a bit more. It was odd to him, yet... It felt right.

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

Tallia brushed the hair out of her eyes absentmindedly as she thought about where to start. She wasn't ready to divulge the whole truth to Josh, even though she did trust him. Her past was just something she was not very comfortable chatting about. So, Tallia decided to tell him at least half of the truth.

"Before I became a Jedi, I lived with my dad on Coruscant. He's a foreign ambassador for the Republic, so he would be gone from home more often than not. That's actually how he and my mother met. Sixteen years ago, The Hapes Consortium was still an independent government separate from the Republic, and my father was one of the first people to approach them about joining with us. While he was there, he took an interest in my mother, and several months after their relationship started, I was on the way."

"So I was born on Hapes, but my father had been sent off to a different planet by that time. I spent my first couple years growing up on Hapes, but eventually moved in with my father on Coruscant. He wasn't at the apartment very often, but I can't ever remember a moment that he was when his attention wasn't on me. To say that I was a spoiled child would be an understatement. When my dad wasn't home, I had a nanny droid to get what I couldn't for myself. It was a bit of a culture shock when I was brought to the Jedi Temple on Tython for the first time."

"At six, I was on the path to becoming a Jedi, and I trained hard. I have a competitive side that liked to come out when I trained in groups of younglings. I always wanted to be the know-it-all and the best at everything. I guess you could call it trying to be a perfectionist, but it's just the way I am sometimes. I became a padawan and moved to the Coruscant Temple a little over a year ago. That period was a bit odd. You could say I almost skipped over being a padawan in the sense that, I never really had a master. I trained for a while with Master Ravos before he left and left me behind. I built my lightsaber on Ilum, went on several training missions, and was promoted to Knight pretty quickly afterwards. I suppose that's kind of where I am now." Tallia finished after pouring out her story.

He smiled a bit. Josh had left out bits of his own story, so he wasn't surprised if she did leave out bits of her own... The simulation, the time spent in Sith prisons, the tattoos that lined his back and arms that would prove that... No real need to go into detail.

Her story was an interesting one though. He nodded some at the bit about Jaxton Ravos.

"Ah... Ravos, I remember him" he said. "When I came back to the Jedi after a.... Well, hiatus that concluded with me gaining amnesia..." he began, not really going into detail on that bit for the time being. "He brought me to the crystal caves to construct a new lightsaber" he said. "Disappeared shortly after... I didn't really have a master during this period. Caleb Torran took me in for like a day, and then disappeared. And by the time Matsu Ike found me, I was set to be Knighted already, so she was more of a Jedi Trials prep person for the day I was with her then a full on Master" he explained.

"Kind of miss Ravos though. Sure, he acted like a git, and talked down to people a lot, and thought... Well, more highly of himself then I'd have liked... But he was a talented fellow. Shame about him leaving you behind for the Conclave though. Sadly, I don't think he really cared about who he left behind" he said, giving a sigh. "Thought I knew him. Guess I was wrong" he said. "I guess it just goes to show that you don't know everything about people. Maybe I could be wrong and he did care about you, and figured you could handle yourself. Of course, a lot of Jedi defected to the Conclave out of self righteousness and feeling that they were more in the right then the other Jedi... So, perhaps not" he said, shrugging. "We might never know unless we hear it from the man himself one day"

"But... Regardless, you're here now. You seem happy with where your life is" he said, resting his chin on his hands. "You're a beautiful young woman with a long life ahead of her.... No seriously, if you don't get stabbed, Jedi live a long time" he said, chuckling a bit. "I know you'll do well. Keep up the work, and you might be a Master yourself in time. I know you're capable of it" he said, giving a smile. "You'd be someone I'd be happy to have on the Council... The more sensible people and the less sociopaths we have on it, the better"

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

Tallia didn't think she deserved such complements. She just couldn't picture herself being a Master with a seat on the Council. Not many Jedi received such an honor. It seemed as if the road to becoming a Master was difficult enough, let alone a council member. Still if Josh thought she could do it, she would have to take his word for it. He was after all a council member himself, he could probably spot potential rather easily.

For some reason, she suddenly felt bad holding back her secret from him. He had told her about his parents, and she felt wrong to hold back about hers. Tallia felt that if she didn't tell him now she would feel guilty afterward, and.. she trusted him now. She had made a lot of friends in the Order, but right now, Joshua was probably her closest.

"There's more to my story though. A secret about where I come from that barely anyone knows about. I've kept it a secret for a long time, but I think I can trust you with it." Tallia paused for a moment, trying to think of the right way to say it. "My mother is.. the Queen Mother of Hapes.." It came out rather awkwardly. She hoped he wasn't too stunned by the sudden revelation.

He raised an eyebrow at her revelation. He was a bit surprised that she had revealed that, despite the fact he'd told her, and her being the only person he'd told of his actual parentage, but... Was it a joke? The Queen of Hapes? So that made her...

No, she wasn't joking. He could see it in her eyes. "Aye... I can see why you kept it a secret" he said, taking a breath. Their food and drink arrived, and he thanked the waitress along with a smile, before looking back at Tallia.

"I guess that adds to my collection of unique Hapan people that I've met. First the Ducha of Gailinore, who I was close with before her untimely passing, then there's Saki, the very aggressive Hapan Jedi..." he began, chuckling a bit. "And now the Queen Mother's daughter, which I guess makes you the Princess" he said with a smirk. "Out of all the people I've met, the Hapan ones seem to stand out the most for some reason. I guess you're no exception" he cracked, shooting her a joking grin.

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

Tallia breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks for.. not freaking out. I wasn't sure how you were going to take that." She looked down at her plate of food and decided that she wasn't very hungry right now.

"I really hate who my mother is sometimes. I just try to act normal and be a regular Jedi. I'm afraid if people were to find out, I wouldn't be treated the same, you know?" Tallia looked up from her plate and back to Josh. "Still, it's good to finally tell somebody the truth. I'm glad you see me for who I am, and not for where I come from."

"Trust me. Royalty isn't all it's cracked up to be on the holo's. I definitely prefer being a Jedi in the Order." She picked up her fork and began picking through her meal, pausing for a moment. "You know.." Tallia started, looking up again. "I wonder what normal people talk about over dinner." She finished, smirking.

He chuckled. "They probably just eat and talk about... Their jobs, maybe?" he said, laughing a bit. "I can't imagine. All I know is... We're far from normal"

"Ah... Royalty. Surprisingly, I can understand. Apparently I'm a descendant of... Some kind of royalty, in Velmor. Never really looked into it. I'm a Jedi, I'm not Prince material" he said with a small laugh. "I don't tell people this normally either. I guess you're just lucky" he half joked with a slight smirk.

"But... Don't worry about it, Talli" he reassured. "I'm not treating you any different. I doubt the Council would treat you any different. Any Jedi worth their salt won't treat you any different. Why? Because no matter what, you're still family. You're still one of us. You're still a Jedi Knight" he said with a small smile.

"I look at you, I see a beautiful and intelligent Jedi that has a hell of a future, like I said earlier. The royalty stuff is fluff. Sure, it's a cool little wrinkle, but if you aren't changed at all by it, and don't treat any of us different because of it... Why treat you any different in return?" he asked, picking at his food and smirking.

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

"I hope your right.. Still though, the more people that know, the closer it is to slipping into the hands of someone looking to kill me. I'd really rather not have half the galaxies bounty hunters trying to hunt me down." Tallia cut off a bite of her flank steak and carefully chewed and swallowed. "I'm really hoping that it stays a cool little wrinkle instead of becoming a huge part of my life. Being a Queen is not on my list of things to do in life. My life is already chaotic at it's best, why add anything else to stress me out more?"

He chuckled a bit before taking another bite, swallowing calmly as he processed what she was saying. He let her speak, let her finish and ate while she did so.

"Well..." he began before swallowing the remains of that mouthful of food that he'd forgotten about politely, taking a breath and washing it down with a drink. "Maybe it's best just to keep it to the side. If it's not something you feel will impact your life, don't think about it" he said with a shrug. "If you have to become Queen... Well, I guess then you'd have to make a choice" he admitted, biting his lip. "I haven't heard of a Jedi being a Jedi and a Queen at the same time. Too much responsibility. A lot holding you down and it'd be difficult to do responsibilities for both at once" he said, sighing.

"You DO have the option as to if you're the next heir right?" he asked, suddenly growing a bit worried as he realized. "Like, would they MAKE you take the role if your time comes, or is it your choice?"

@[member="Tallia Farn"]

"I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I have a half-sister who's older than me, but she tried to steal the throne from my mother and was sentenced to a life in prison." Tallia didn't have much of a problem saying what she did because she had never really known her sister for the most part. She wasn't close to any family members besides her biological father. "Soo.. I guess you can call me plan B." She said.

"Actually, I read in the archives that Hapes once had a Jedi Queen. It was very old data from before the Plague and was missing bits and pieces, but was amazing to see. It confirmed the letters my mother sent to me when she heard I was becoming a Jedi. She sent me this lightsaber as well." Tallia unhooked her lightsaber from her belt. It was green bladed, and was made distinct by the sharp tooth attached to the bottom of the hilt.

"It's an antique that's been ignored by the ruling powers on Hapes for hundreds of years. The Consortium wasn't hit as hard by the plague due to their isolationist tendencies, so many of their legends and stories were held in tact, including the one about the Jedi Queen who owned this lightsaber. The tooth on the end is from a Dathomiri Rancor." She slid the lightsaber across the table so Josh could get a better look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom