Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two of my own.... (Matsu Ike)

Ryn'Dhal had been studying for a few days since returning from Rhen Var. He had sought to finish acquiring the materials needed for his sabers, having already retrieved the critical crystals. Feeling himself confident that with the right guidance he'd be able to craft a pair of sabers that suited him properly.

"It is time..." The young padawan murmured to himself, rising from the table he sat at in the library. He had sent a missive on arrival to Master [member="Matsu Ike"], requesting her aid at her own convenience. He knew well her capacity for crafting, in general. He'd done much research into the different artisans within the Order, and he felt she would be an excellent guide for him in this portion of his quest.

She had given him a time and a place to meet her... But, sadly the padawan wasn't completely familiar with the layout of the Temple here on Voss. So, with crystals in gloved hands, and mask affixed over face, the young padawan waited, meditating as he paced, hoping he was at least in the general vicinity of where the Master wished for him to be.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Matsu's main labs and areas of study were working on some of the things she had been working on. The force wizardry things she had been making and learnign about from other locations. It all helped, increasing the power and skill the converters were able to work with. Slowly though she looked up from the desk while she went over some things and reports that one of the padawans who had requested her help with his blade. Her artisan's had some nnice work done with previous saber hilts for different people and their blades so helping him as she was going over some of the maps and information. "Send him in."

One of Master [member="Matsu Ike"]'s assistants approached Ryn, informing him that the Master was ready to see him. Following behind, Ryn's eyes grew wide at the wonders at work around him. Various applications of different techs at work. They were far beyond his level of comprehension. He soon found himself exiting the whirlwind of wonder before Matsu's workbench. Bowing in greeting, the padawan removed his mask and lowered his hood, revealing his feline features to the Master Jedi.

His ears perking forwards eagerly, he greeted the Master. "Master Mastu Ike. I am Padawan Ryn'Dhal. Knight Cathbodua's apprentice."

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Matsu looked at the padawan and was noting his mask as she bowed her head. "Welcome padawan." She knew Cathbodua from reputation and just training.... that doctor had patched her up plenty in the past and even more so with her need to have perfection... okay that wasn't the right word. SHe trained and trained and didn't like people who thought they were done. Matsu was watching him now more while she moved. "Ah you are the one who wanted help with your sabers, we have been making special hilts for the jedi for awhile now. I only need to see what kind of sabers you wish to make and we'll get some general ideas."

Ryn took it upon himself at this time to present his crystals to Master [member="Matsu Ike"]. The were, while dissimilar in shape, identical in color ant intensity. A strong, bright, yet gentle, silver glow emitted from each of them. Ryn'Dhal then placed one of his hand made custom durasteel blades next to them.

"I am hoping for a hilt that would provide a comfortable grip, in both a standard, and reverse, grip." He showed this with his short sword, as he had carefully designed the grip to flow naturally with his enclosed grip. "I also do not desire an overly large or long blade. Shorter blades fit my acrobatic style and short stature more." The padawan was a little shorter than the average adult human male.

He reached up and removed his mask and hood, revealing his feline features to the Master. His golden eyes, now in clear view, showed his openly compassionate soul. His ears perked forward, showing his undivided focus on Master Matsu. "While I am a capable warrior, I have no desire to harm another, unless my hand is forced. I desire these blade short, so I may protect myself, and my friends and newfound family here in the Order."

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Matsu was looking at the crystals and what he wanted while she was working on it in her head. Directing some of the thoughts to the side as she rose up finally moving quickly to the side of the room where there were things set up with parts and materials. "Durasteel is strong for construction but durlanium it light and more durable for lightsabers." She kept working on it and a handgrip that was comfortable and that she knew how to do. They had been designing and incorporating them for lightsabers with a number of padawans and knights or masters now, the hand grips she was bringing out along with length adjusters and different pieces. "The length can easily be adjustable for a shorter length and switched to become standard or longer if needed."

His ears began moving independently of one another, shifting this way and that, picking up sounds and information around the room, as his eyes watched her movement with great intent. At semi-regular intervals, both ears perked straight forwards at Master [member="Matsu Ike"], when she'd do something that evoked particular attention.

He took note of her mentioning of 'durlanium', a metal he was unfamiliar with. But if it would work well for his sabers, and prove ideal for his purposes for the weapons, then that was definitely what he desired. He'd keenly watch as she grabbed different components and parts, her own hands moving with a practiced grace. She knew what she was doing, and he was here to learn.

"I had honestly not known the length of ones saber's blade could be adjusted." He said, ears cocking at odd angles, plainly displaying his perplexity. He had assumed that, much like conventional blades, that beyond 'sheathing', or deactivating, ones lightsaber, they did not vary greatly in characteristics.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]"

You can do much with a lightsaber blade and more with the hilt if you really try. We have made some different styles frm ones holding transformation talismans to one that are able to function underwater. My daughter made a telescopic one able to shift between a shoto and a pike holt with a blade that can adjust as she needs it." The thoughts on different sabers had her excitred going forward and laying out some of the parts while she looked at the crystals and power cell. "Now what kind of power cell are you looking to use. There are several types and while the diathium cells are strong there are advanced ones with larger chambers and more of the gas built within to provide more power and enhanced cutting power."

Ryn smiled warmly. "I don't know about strong cutting power, but sustainability for protecting myself and others." He looked to the crystals. "These are to be tools for preserving lives, hopefully not for taking them." His attention returned to her hands as she manipulated different objects. "I must admit, my excitement is muddling my mind. I have longed for the tools to protect others. The tools of a Jedi. Ever since I first began my training. To have come this far, to be at this point, is exhilarating!" He said, that warm smile still gracing those feline features as he watched Master [member="Matsu Ike"] work.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Matsu looked at him while he spoke and she raised an eyebrow while finishing with the saber parts before she brought it back to her desk and sat down. "Yes you'll be able to protect people padawan but don't delude yourself. A jedi defends and protects life but that means sometimes you will have to kill, to think you'll never ignite your blade and end someones life is foolish." She start up one of the holoprojectors while thinking about it and displaying the saber. "Now we can use the solid state projectors to make the design for it right here how you want first nd you can practice for the inner workings of the saber."

The padawan shook his head vigorously. "Oh no, Master, you misunderstand. I know full and well that I will likely end someones life to protect those they wish to harm at some point in my life. That is the nature of who we are, and what we do. But, I feel I would be lying to who I am in my core if I were to not at least focus on preservation of life, of all life, if possible."

He splayed his hands open at his sides, claws extending from ungloved fingers. "My race is a predatory one. I am genetically designed to kill. But, I am designed to kill to survive. Kill for sustenance. Kill to defend myself. To defend others. But not for sport."

He looked back to Master [member="Matsu Ike"], still smiling that same, soft smile. "I will do as you instruct Master. What do I do first?"

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Matsu bowed her head to him and he at least understood it. She was all for preserving and protecting life but she also knew the danger's of that as moving now she put her hands together. "You may begin when you wish to, we have the materials here if you need more things or want to change certain aspects." She was watching him while her hands toyed with a few of the things and Matsu was going over some of her own designs. New equipment they would be able to use on some of the more dangerous things. "You have no time constraints when making your blade."

Ryn'Dhal was not fully sure of the HOW to make his sabers, but he did know the Force would guide him. He motioned to a clear area off near a wall in Master [member="Matsu Ike"]'s work area. "May I work there?" As soon as she gave the go-ahead for where to work, he'd move into position, sitting down in a meditative position, with all the components she'd provided to him, and his crystals, and relaxed.

A few slow flicks of his ears, as they instinctively reached to listen to different noises, and they ceased, as his concentration on the Will of the Living Force became complete. He entered swiftly into his meditative trance, and began his search for how to assemble his saber.

The visions brought before him though, were not of mechanical nature. No, it was more spiritual, and philosophical. There was a core to this war. This eternal conflict between light and dark. The core, was balance. There could never truly be one, without the other. Did this make Darkness good? Light bad? No, not one bit. But both were necessary.

But, without balance, all would be lost. Order, encased this core of balance. Without ordering the cosmos around balance, all would be lost. Peace, is a good thing, but complete peace, with no conflict, brought complacency. Complacency brought stagnation. Stagnation brought a cessation of progress. This cessation, brought an eventual dead end. There, then, lay the rub. That spark of conflict gave the drive, the need, for good people to BE good. To DO good. One could be good, without BEING good. Without DOING good. But, if no one DID good, no good would be done.

The logic began becoming circular. The lesson moved on. The darkness in the universe existed, to be contained. To be controlled. To be the counterweight on the scale, to bring balance to Light. On the opposite end of the spectrum, if Darkness reigned, and light were gone. There would be only destruction. No growth. No development. No renewal. All. Would. End. Darkness is not good. But, it is necessary.

Balance. Everything came back to balance. All living beings possessed the capacity for Darkness. Some even embraced it. Some could balance, and not give in. But, most who tasted the truly dark fruits of being Evil though, rarely found themselves unable to refrain from the fall.

Golden eyes snapped open, after what felt like a brief few moments for the padawan, but was easily an hour or more of meditation. "I have not yet faced my tripping stone. My test of balance." He whispered aloud.

Shifting his weight, he moved to rise to his feet, when he felt something clatter off of his lap. A pair of metallic objects. Eyes widening, realization dawning on his face. Through the Force, he assembled his sabers. He moved them carefully to Master Matsu's table, as he could scarcely believe his eyes. A slightly shaken voice came forth, "M-master.... is it.... uncommon.... for one to 'name' his or her sabers?"

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Matsu was watching the padawan as he focused and meditated. Building the sabers could take a great deal of time and she while patient needed something to do while going through her things. The collection of holocrons and the artifacts that were on the wall while she clasped her hands behind her back while pulling one of the neotikans off the shelf while she brought it to her and back with her to her seat and she remained there meditating as the secrets holocron opened. Her pupils dilating and going with the information the gatekeepers were giving to her. Their information showing as she asked questions and continued to work through the padawans construction continued. Slowly se brought her eyes up when he spoke and the holocron closed with the deactivation while she thought about it. "It is not uncommon, with a personal saber it gains a name."

"Then I have names for them..." The padawan stated, his golden gaze falling to the two hilts before him. "Order, and Balance. My tools, my strength, my closest allies in the war to come."

His gaze slowly raised to look to Master [member="Matsu Ike"]. "Can I ask you to inspect them? As these are my first, I took your advice, and sought to implement the ability to alter the length. While the desire to preserve life is first for me, I will take it from those seeking death and harm of innocence if duty calls for it." His eyes would follow the Master's movements carefully, as he was eager for the weapons to be correct, for them to be what he needed them to be.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Matsu was looking at him as she held out her hand and put the holocron on the desk as she held them in her hands. Fingers going over them with her eyes watching and searching them." It looks like they are well made, the best way to work with it is to test it yourself. Mistakes are a part of making your first blades and so is ensuring everything is how you want it." She set them back on the desk. "Now is there anything you might like to change about them?" Matsu had a grin as she made sure the different parts were properly aligned with more of her attention towards the holocron she set back on the shelf allowing it t rest with some more things. "You have done well, your master will be pleased."

"I believe...." He manipulated the moveable portions of the saber cautiously. A slight click, and a small opening popped open. "Yes, okay! I can, eventually as I grow more confident in my mastery of these two, change out the power supply, or even my crystals should the need ever arise."

He clicked the small hatch shut, and beamed joyfully at Master [member="Matsu Ike"]. "Thank you Master!" A deep, grateful bow would be given. "While I've more than familiarized myself with Shii-cho, now that I have these, perhaps now I can start my pursuits of Soresu and Makashi! What do you think, Master?" His ears swayed not one inch, his focus intently upon Master Matsu. Her wisdom was invaluable.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Matsu was looking at him as she worked on some of the things there, plenty of thoughts on what they could do and teaching a padawan how to use two forms. "I can work to teach you makashi and soresu. They are useful skills but I would recommend learning a form that will allow you to go on the offensive should you need it." Her attention though was on the rest of the room and artifacts while she was walking with a hand coming up. "Come along." She motioned with her hand while moving towards one of the training rooms with her hands gripping her blade from vima and the second blade she had with its white gold and engraved hilt. "We'll begin though and I shall see what you can do."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom