Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twi'lekkun' Around [PM for Invite]

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
If she had thought she was going to get any business here, by now, she supposed she had probably been mistaken. While swiftly welcomed by the local Twi'lek population, the atmosphere did not ring of art appreciation. So many buildings of contrasting rust and polished metallic hues, otherwise surrounded by desolate sands, comprised the Protectorate's capital. While she felt it to be a stirring piece in the making, the most she would be getting out of this trip would be a nostalgic bit of camaraderie with her people.

The Twi'leks had fed her and made her feel at home, and the locale was not terrible. But there was no promise here--none for someone like her. The dust perpetually rose as feet marched to and from the never-ending shift rotations at the hundred factories in the industrial district. Or was there anything but the industrial district?

She might as well at least paint one thing while she was here, though. Hopefully she could bring it back to her normal grounds and acquire interest.

Setting up shop a few hundred meters out from the capitol building, she began to swipe thin curves of the structure. It would be a foreboding piece, devoid of any of the crowded buildings surrounding the government headquarters--in their place, a withering prairie.

She had never really been one for the symbolic, but hey, it was always good to try to expand artistic territory.

[member="Ben Trasker"]

Ben Trasker accelerated the GIA cruiser down into Fondor City, sirens blaring and lights flashing in pursuit of the erratic speeder heading into the Industrial Sector, a technological feast on the eyes with red dusty earth dotted around the high skyscrapers, factories and retail units.

As the speeder dived down towards the ground behind a collection of units, Trasker overshot and brought the cruiser back around, slightly further ahead of the speeder, touching down quickly and kicking up some of the dust below.

Killing the siren, Trasker kicked up the cockpit hatch, letting in the bright sunshine and humid air before grabbing his trusty DC-15s sidearm and vaulting out of his seat, boots crunching on the ground below. A few on lookers stood back from the GIA operative who stood scanning the environment around him; obviously another busy working day on Fondor.

And there it was, the yellow speeder up head with a steaming engine, glinting in the afternoon sun. Trasker pushed off to give chase to the Rodian stumbling away from the wreck. Passing by a few startled protocol droids, Trasker avoided a speeder bike coming towards him as the Rodian darted right through an archway and out of the area into the open streets, stumbling over his own feet as he ran.

Seeing the move, Trasker quickly cut right in an attempt to catch the Rodian up ahead in the hope he would assume the GIA operative was lost. It worked; Trasker ran out into the sunshine as the Rodian was simply jogging towards him, too late to stop in surprise.

Trasker reached out and grabbed the lapels of the drunk alien.

"You shouldn't drink and drive!"

As he said this, the Rodian tried to break free, but Trasker was far stronger and used his momentum to throw the Rodian left into a makeshift stall, crashing into a n erected painting easel and knocking over a few rich coloured tins, spilling their contents onto the dusty floor.

A few gasps from passers by accompanied the Rodian's groan, giving himself up as Trasker stepped over the pain to apprehend the suspect. He tried his best to ignore a furious looking Twi'lek stood a few feet away from them, paintbrush in hand, angry expression on her face.

[member="Tacitanya"]

Beowoof

The painter scowled at the reckless man. "Are you sure he's the one who's been drinking?" she demanded, alternating her gaze between him and her smeared artwork. She never even acknowledged the Rodian, failing to even consider that the green one might, in fact, be the most wanted criminal in the system. Or he might not be. But she did not know that.

Picking up her spilled paints along with her canvas and easel, the Twi'lek continued to huff in exasperation. "That's really rude. I can't believe they let you out of the house." She snugly inserted her items into her traveling bag and silently shunned him through the language of her waggling lekku.

[member="Ben Trasker"]

Trasker sat the Rodian up in the dust, red and green paint over his face and arms. Pulling out his stun cuffs, he fixed them to the Rodian's wrists, a blue glow and hum emanating from them to shock him the moment he tried to resist.

Looking over with some confusion at the Twi'lek laying into him, Trasker reached into his side pocket and pulled out a small com-link, thumbing the activation button and speaking into it.

"Trasker, calling in from the Industrial Sector on Fondor, South Side. Dangerous driver apprehended by the..." he craned his neck to see where they were, "Capital Fondor B1 building, on the outskirts. Request transport for removal of suspect. Over."

Now hopefully the GIA would signal the authorities on Fondor to come and take this drunk away. But now the Twi'lek needed calming.

"I'm sorry about your paintings, how much will it be for your trouble?"

Trasker kept his voice calm, it was the least he could do as this girl looked VERY annoyed.

[member=Tacitanya]

Beowoof

Suddenly, things started to look like serious business as the guy (Was his name Trasker or was he calling in to Trasker?) placed the Rodian under what seemed to be legitimate arrest. He even had binders and an official-looking police comm and stuff. She felt a little badly for being so curt with him. Still, could he not have tackled the runaway driver somewhere else?

"The canvas board costs about ten credits, depending on who you're buying from," Taci stated, "But there's no telling how much my painting would have been. I don't get many buyers, really." The Twi'lek shrugged, accepting things for how they were.

"Is this normal for you, anyway?"

[member="Ben Trasker"]

Trasker stood behind the quiet Rodian, half-way between sleeping and waking, as a few passers by started to disperse and get on with their business again. He pocketed the com and rested back against the wall of the unit beside him.

"I'll make sure you get the cost back, don't worry. I'll sort you out."

As she spoke, thankfully her voice was calmer, but still quite angry. But Trasker had seen worse, and done worse, in the line of duty.

"Well, it's normal most days. Except I don't normally come this far out. I'm only scouting the Trade Route back to Coruscant and intercepted this boy racer and nearly crashed because of him, so, I can't just stand by and leave it, y'know."

He inclined his head to the mess of paint and easel before her.

"This your job, or just a hobby?"

What was he doing? The least he could do was help. He got up and went to help pick a few of the canvasas from the dirty floor.

[member=Tacitanya]

Beowoof

He seemed to be rather nice, and Tacitanya wondered if maybe she had been a bit impetuous to scold him like she did--though he really should watch where he was beating down criminals. "It's not that big of a deal." She shrugged, mentally attempting to subdue her penchant for rambling. "I barely even started." Whatever he said about his job struck her as super important, but she only smiled and nodded, having absolutely no idea what sort of business that entailed. However, he seemed interested in hers.

"It's a little of both," she admitted, wagging her lekku about in indeterminate patterns. With a fair amount of effort, the short Twi'lek shrugged the straps of her carrying case over one of her shoulders and glanced off to the side. She did not want to tell a security officer about her more steady job. She might end up in the back seat of that hot rod of his. "I make some money off of it. Not often, but when I do, it's usually a good amount. Painting with physical materials is so rare."

[member="Ben Trasker"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom