Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble City Terrors [Republic Jedi]

Tannit

T
CORUSCANT, NEAR THE JEDI TEMPLE

Tannit's tummy growled. Frowning, he wriggled out of the top part of his bright orange jumpsuit for a closer inspection, and poked his bare, pudgy belly a couple of times. Passers-by gave him weird looks, but the little Ryn didn't notice. He was starving, as always, and when he was food was all that mattered. Big people were the least of his worries when he needed to strap the feed-bag on. Tannit continued staring at his belly, waiting for it to speak again, but it seemed to be done for now. Shrugging, he wriggled back into the top half of his jumpsuit and picked up his wooden staff ... just as his belly growled again. Tannit frowned instantly, knowing he'd have to do something about this before he started feeling sick. And in a concrete jungle like this huge planet that he'd found himself on, food was dang hard to come by without credits. Not that the boy had any experience with money. He didn't even have a bank account.

The little Ryn weaved his way through the crowd, whistling as he went. It was high up here. After a minute or two, Tannit made his way over to the side and climbed the railing to get a better view. Wooooow. His tongue started to hang out of his mouth as he sat still and took the sights in, his tail wagging back and forth behind him. Below him, the city stretched a loooooooong way, and in front of him it stretched a looooooong way ... Tannit wondered if the city ever stopped. Well, he was sure it did, but how could he know for sure? He didn't see an end, except for when he looked up. Up was home, somewhere ... he didn't exactly know where. And then that thought was gone. His tummy growled again. Tannit frowned again. He was doing that a lot.

He felt a bump, suddenly and out of nowhere, and suddenly he was falling into the abyss ... the gigantic maw of civilization. Instinct made him turn in the air, snagging the catwalk with his left hand and his falling staff with his right. Panting, the little Ryn looked down. Down and down the abyss went, with flashing lights spiraling as far as the eye could see. Tannit began to feel a little dizzy, and all he could think of was falling. He whimpered.

The little Ryn knew that he couldn't get back up himself. And it was a long, long way down.

Hasjo Hallu found himself returning from the museum his father worked for. It was rare for Hasjo to be on Coruscant, even rarer to travel to the museum. It was not for lack of love for his father that he visited him so rarely. It was the path he had chosen as a Jedi. He had set aside feelings of attachment to his father, and that need to see him diminished. The thick smog of Coruscant wafted through the air. A light yellow hanging over the horizon. Truthfully, a large portion of the city streets weren't any different. Some places were cleaner than others thanks to the works of droids and workers, but the planet was largely without such help.

His black, beady eyes watched the small creature ahead. A Ryn. Their faces were just as rare his Nautolan's were in the big city. His footsteps trailing behind his. Hasjo was looking to return to the Republic transport back to Ossus. This creature looked to be in search of something else. Hasjo glanced over his shoulder and then back to the crowd. The Ryn was gone. His eyes blinked. A rare occasion that often was a sign of emotion rather than a need to water his own eyes. A trait of his race. Hasjo glanced around, puzzled as to where he had so quickly vanished. Then he saw it, fingers grappling the side of the catwalk. Hasjo gently squeezed through the crowd with urgency, panicked to get to the creature in time. He fell to his knees by the edge, throwing both his large, green, webbed hands over the small hands of Tannit. "I got you" Hasjo said, pulling him up.

@[member="[URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/3479-tannit/"]Tannit[/URL]"]

Dom'rius enjoyed the time that he had to spend studying and learning more about what his future-self would be like, or what he'd like his future-self to be like. Though, he felt it was time for a break and had decided to take a small stroll, perhaps take in a few sights that he had already seen dozens of times before. Yet, they were still equally as captivating. It was about an hour or so since he had decided to go on his small venture, and it happened to lead him near the vicinity of the Jedi Temple. Things seemed to be going just as he had planned. Placing his hands in the depths of his head tails and consumed a large amount of the toxic air that fumed throughout the planet due to their irresponsible ways of obtaining power. He yawned to follow the large gulp of oxygen, closing his eyes as he did so. As he reopened them, looking ahead, he saw a small orange blur in the distance, unable to completely figure out what it was that was before him. The tears from the yawn kept him from distinguishing the shape to be another being, but before he knew it the shape vanished. He rubbed his eyes to double take and see if his eyes were just playing tricks on him, and so it seemed.

It wasn't too often that others resided in the area, but those that were aware of the scenic view from this spot were definitely not tourists to the area. As he approached the rail that the orange blob once appeared to be on he gazed out to the horizons that were covered in structures as far as the eye could see. He sighed, just as the whimpering began. He paused his sight-seeing for a moment and looked around, looking behind him and to each side and even bent over the rail to try to see other places that were lower. Though his gaze never met directly below, well not for a few more moments. Once he did however he gasped immediately seeing the, what was once, orange blob hanging on for his dear life. The small pudgy child awaiting his rescue. Though, Dom'rius wasn't too sure as to what he would be able to do in this situation. There was no way that his abilities with the Force were strong enough to help him the kid to safety and he knew that his own physical strength wouldn't be enough for him to manage even his own weight. Not to mention the fact he'd never put himself into danger like that, not knowing the circumstances and the structural intergrity of the surrounding area.

Once again he ripped his head around trying to see if there was anyone that could possibly help the boy from his perdicament, as he did so he witness a fellow that looked similar to that of his own self rush his way to the location in order to pull the small Ryn from the abyss. "Huh, that was convenient of you to show up at a time like this... Guess luck was on our side today. Well... somewhat." Dom joked, assisting the Nautolan in hardly any beneficial way possible.

@[member="Tannit"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]
((Well I wrote up to the beginning of the third paragraph before Hasjo beat me to the punch, but I'm not about to rewrite it. :p Sorry! Still makes some amount of sense so I'm going with it.))

Tannit

T
Tannit was on the verge of tears, starting to panic as his left-handed grip began to slip ... and that was when a pair of hands closed over his. They felt weird. The little Ryn looked up with huge white saucer-like eyes to see a green dude lifting him up. The green dude looked weird. He had tentacle-things for hair, big black eyes and no tail. Most other people didn't have tails, and Tannit thought that was stupid. His favourite thing about him was his tail. Absent-mindedly, his little brown tail began to wiggle, and as the green dude pulled him up a couple of tears began to stream down his cheeks. It was out of relief, mainly ... then another green dude showed up and helped out a bit. Tannit, emotional and hungry as he was, decided that he liked green dudes. They saved lives. So they were cool.

Wiping his tears away bashfully with his pudgy little hands, he looked back at the position he had been in and sobbed, then turned and buried himself in the pants-leg of the first green dude. Sometimes it was tough being a six-year-old vagrant.

Tannit would have said thank you his two rescuers if he could have found the words. He would have, but he was still a little amped up from his near escape from death. Instead, he removed himself from the first green dude's pants and peeped up at him with large white eyes. The eyes roamed to the other rescuer, and then back to the first one. His tummy grumbled.

Then he burped.

@[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"] @[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Hasjo hadn't noticed the fellow Nautolan until after the young Ryn was once more on flat ground. He stood there, shocked for a moment. There were so few of his race around this part of the Galaxy that seeing one in the flesh was a rather nice surprise. He was younger than Hasjo himself, but it did not diminish the warm feelings it brought him. To be in the presence of a fellow man. Hasjo was weak in the force, finding extreme difficulty to perform basic tasks but he could feel this ones power. He was a Force User, and no doubt a Jedi. Their likeness to one another just seemed to be increasing. He smiled, about to introduce himself when the Ryn hugged his leg. He whipped himself out of that train of thought to focus on matters far more urgent.

As Tannit released Hasjo's leg, the tall and powerfully built Nautolan fell to a crouch to be at similar head-height with the Ryn. He tilted his head, large pools of black watching the creature. He frowned at the tears that dripped from Tannit's eyes. He found himself reaching out to gingerly wipe away new tears that formed. Hasjo said "Do not cry, young one, for you're in safe hands now. My name is Hasjo." Then the Ryn burped right into his face. He didn't doubt for a second it was more accident than anything else. Hasjo smiled, failing to contain his mirth. He too had heard the childs stomach grumble "Are you hungry? I can feed you."

Standing himself up he faced Dom'rius. He held out his hand to shake the fellow Nautolan's firmly. Hasjo spoke to him now "It is good to see one of our kind here in the city. So few of us live here, it gets lonely. I also sense something in you. Do tell, are you a Jedi? I myself have been a Padawan since I can remember. My names Hasjo Hallu, Jedi Padawan of the Ossus Jedi Academy"

@[member="Tannit"]
@[member="Dom'rius Novoxy"]

Watching as the small Ryn began to commence water works, Dom'rius's face turned a bit shocked and slightly sour. He wasn't very good with children, or rather he just didn't know what to do in such situations. He had no experience with crying children, but it seemed the other one had a simple way to difuse the tear bomb that was bound to explode any minute. The boy dug himself into the pant of the Nautolan, but spoke no words. As he did so Hasjo spoke telling the youngling he was safe and his name for added comfort. To follow it up the Ryn relinquished a gas bubble from his mouth, burping directly into the face of his savior. Dom'rius was unable to contain himself for a brief second or two and immediately slapped his hand over his face as his shoulders jerked up and down trying to block out the audible laugh from bellowing out. The puppy dog eyes that the child had emitted were ruined within seconds due to the burp, which didn't really bring Dom'rius to be sympathetic to the small boy with the pole arm. He turned his back still trying to contain his laughter and possibly a rude comment on the situation at hand, to which he heard Hasjo question the Ryn's hunger. Which also brought into mind his own, and how he realized he had been buried in books for so long that he skipped out on his meal earlier.

Doing a lackadaisical about face of sorts he faced the two once more, as he did he noticed the Nautolan's hand was extending out toward his direction. He grabbed it quickly not letting the opportunity of meeting another member of his race slip through his fingertips so quickly. He spoke, to which Dom'rius let out a feint smile. He was never very well at hellos, not at first at least. However, it was odd Hasjo Hallu seemed to attend the same Jedi Academy as he, himself, had brought into consideration. He shook the hand of Hasjo, but as he did his hand was bent backward by the mere grip of his comrade in arms. He ripped his hand back and slightly chuckled, knowing that Hasjo had no intentions of hurting him. How could he, after all? It wasn't likely for two Nautolan's to cross paths like this. "Heh, yes, the pleasure is mine and you're right it's not everyday you meet a Nautolan in Coruscant. As far as being a jedi goes, yes I am one, but I wouldn't say I'm a very good one. My combat skills are rather... well y'know. Anyway, I'm Dom'rius Novoxy, you can call me Dom if you'd like, I am to be in route to Tython for my Jedi training, soon." His words were shaky, which was usual for the timid personality of Dom'rius. He was surprised he was even able to get out as much as he did, but I suppose the fact that he knew he wasn't about to be pelted with insults for his head tails or his big eyes reassured him that he could speak his mind.

He looked down to find the Ryn still there and extended his hand to the little fellow trying to be friendly toward him as well. "Hey there, like I said to Padawan Hallu, I'm Padawan Dom'rius Novoxy. Sorry I didn't come faster, I didn't see you right away. You have my deepest apologies for letting you become so startled like that."

@[member="Hasjo Hallu"] @[member="Tannit"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom