Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Trident-class Strike Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y-wing_LP.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Interceptor
  • Length: 16.1m
  • Width: 6.5m
  • Height: 2.9m
  • Armament: High
2 HL-7 Xaser Cannons
1 Dual Ion Cannon Turret(top mounted)
General Purpose Warhead Tubes(Only One)
Bomb Bay Loadouts(Only One)
  • 20 Advanced Proton Bombs
  • 20 Advanced Cluster Proton Bombs
  • 15 High-Yield Unguided Plasma Bombs

• Defenses: Average
Deflector Shields
  • Squadron Count: Average (12)
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive Class: Class 5
STANDARD FEATURES
Basic Life Support
​Maneuvering Thrusters
​Ion Drive

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
N/A

Strengths:
  • Effective at engaging most kinds of enemy ships
  • Maneuverable enough to avoid flak and slower fighters
Weaknesses:
  • Frail for a bomber
  • Minimal variance in the bomb bay
Description: The Trident-class Strike Bomber was deliberately designed to evoke the old Y-Wing of the Galactic Republic, Rebel Alliance, and New Republic. The craft was intended as a cheap, effective strike bomber, for use by a variety of planetary governments, mercenary forces, and smaller galactic powers. Its armament is simple enough - a pair of HL-7 xasers, an automated twin ion cannon turret mounted atop the cockpit to help disable any fighters, general purpose warhead tubes for anti-fighter and light anti-ship work, and a bomb bay carrying heavier battleship-cracking ordnance. Overall, the Trident is average for a strike bomber, having slightly more firepower at the cost of maneuverability.

Vanessa Vantai said:
Armament: Moderate 2 HL-7 Xaser Cannons 1 Dual Ion Cannon Turret(top mounted) General Purpose Warhead Tubes(Only One) Assault Concussion Missile Cluster Missile Advanced Proton Torpedo Ion Torpedo / Disruptor Torpedo Flechette Missile Discord Missile Type-B Homing Mine Conner Net​ Bomb Bay Loadouts(Only One) 20 Advanced Proton Bombs 20 Advanced Cluster Proton Bombs 15 High-Yield Unguided Plasma Bombs
This is pretty close to the canon armament of the Y-wing including the bomb count, so I think that is doable, though I also think that this is probably more than a "moderate" armament by our traditional weapons count.

Since you actually have two extra ratings to play with (since this doesn't have a hyperdrive), I'd recommend increasing the armament rating to "Very High".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom