Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training of Trakata- Training under Darth Veles

Vi'kas could not help but grip his lightsaber hilt as he went to meet his trainer. Darth Veles was an interesting character, to say the least. He was both the only Mon Calamari Sith Vi'kas had ever heard of, but was oddly close to the light side as well. He was going to learn the Trakata lightsaber technique, and was nervous about this upcoming session. Veles's apprentices had been known to quit because he pushed them too hard. Vi'kas, however, was determined to not step down from this challenge. He would not be weak, and would not break. He swung open the training room doors, and prepared to meet his trainer.

[member="Darth Veles"]​

Lord Veles stood in the training room, awaiting the arrival of a student that wished to learn lightsaber technique known as Trakata. Avreet did not know why the student had chosen him as a teacher, but hoped this Acolyte had potential. As always, the Mon Cal's presence stayed hidden from the endless sea of the Force, which, as he noticed upon the Acolyte's entrance to the training room, resulted in a fairly comical situation; the Miraluka could not see him. For the Acolyte, the room was completely deserted. The Mon Calamari observed the man for a while, namely the lack of eyes, before he started walking around the Acolyte, like a predator.

With no warning, the predator attacked, his cybernetic hand meeting the blind man's back, the sheer power of the punch sending @Vi'kas Mirtis to his knees. "You should get cybernetic eyes," the Sith Lord commented as he returned to the place he stood before, "The Force does not reveal all."

Vi'kas suddenly felt a powerful force hit him in the back, bringing him to his knees. He recognized the voice speaking to him as Darth Veles, which meant that he must have shielded himself from the force. He slowly stood up, saying, "Thank you for showing me this weakness, my lord. I will not come back here again showing such a disability." As he stretched, he could feel the blotch of pain where the Mon Cal had punched him. He grimaced, but it would take much more than that to break him. "I am ready to begin whenever you are, my lord."

[member="Darth Veles"]​

The Sith Lord let out a soft sigh and shook his large head. There was a line between politeness, which Avreet valued greatly among his students, and ass-kissing, which he did not particularly like. This Acolyte appeared to have no spine, but that wasn’t Veles’ problem; the man’s Master would be the one to solve that. Some might point out Veles himself was particularly submissive when around Lady Zarrah, but that was a special case; as a former student of the Togruta Sith Lady, Avreet loved his former teacher very much, this love mixing with great respect and knowledge how to treat women properly. The thought of what Darth Zarrah would have done with this student amused him; no doubt it’d involve Force lightning. Ah, Lady Zarrah always knew how to set a man straight or how to break him. A wise woman, indeed.

“Are you certain?” Avreet questioned the Acolyte’s words, slowly pacing towards a large window that let in bright light and illuminated much of the room while leaving some areas in shadow. His steps on the stone were inaudible; the Sith Assassin commanded the Force to bend sound itself to his will.

“You claim to be ready, yet you are blind.” His head turned to allow the cybernetic eye to look at the Acolyte. “I have taught another Miraluka once. A lovely lady and a good Sith. She saved my life several times during one particularly nasty battle against Mandalorians. When I taught her how to hide her signature, I also recommended her to get cybernetic eyes. Do you know what happened?” Swiftly turning around to face the Acolyte, the Sith Lord gave no time to answer.

“She did not listen. When Mandalorians unleashed their Force breaker gas, she’d been robbed of the ability to use the Force… and became nothing but a blind woman roaming the battlefield. After that, she finally followed my advice and now she sports a pair of wonderful high-end cybernetic replacements.” The Sith Lord said and fell silent for a second, returning his gaze to the window and watching the world outside.

“But this isn’t about her. This is about you. Your enemies won’t ask you if you can see without the Force or not. As it stands, you came unprepared for the class. If this happened to be a battlefield, you’d already be dead. So tell me, Acolyte, why should I stop masking my presence and teach you? What makes you worthy?” Avreet asked, this time waiting for the answer.

@Vi'kas Mirtis

He had planned on getting eyes at some point, but through different means. Choosing his words carefully, he said "I do plan on getting eyes, as this is a weakness. Cybernetics, however, can be shut off by an enemy in the middle of a battle, then I will weakened greatly. I have been training in the Mask ability, which will grant me the ability to reshape myself, even grow eyes, as I'm sure you know. If you wish, I could try to do so know, but am not very proficient at it, and could mess up badly. I see the risk as unnecessary, but will attempt it now if you wish. It shouldn't take long." He knew very well the risks of attempting this at his current skill level, but also knew that it was very necessary for him to learn Trikata.

[member="Darth Veles"]​

Avreet would have raised his finger to signify the importance of his words, but then again, there was no point in doing so if the student could not see him. The cybernetic eye of the Sith Lord swivelled around, inspecting the Acolyte, while the other bulbous orb continued to admire what lied outside of the Sith Temple. After a moment of silence passed and the right eye joined the left in watching the scenery, regretting Maya never had a chance to plant her garden outside as she wished, the Mon Calamari Sith Lord opened his large mouth to speak again, his words carrying thick Imperial accent that resonated within the walls of the training room.

“Normal eyes can be disabled just as easily in the middle of battle, leaving you equally weak,” the Sith pointed out calmly, “While cybernetics are susceptible to being temporarily disabled by EMP grenades, they are resistant to being blinded by sudden flashes of bright light. Add the fact cybernetic eyes are vastly superior to normal eyes in every way and the choice is not a choice at all. I strongly advise you against trying to use some technique you don’t control properly to create something as complicated as eyes.” There was a hint of mockery in his tone, though the calm and collected voice of the Sith Lord remained unchanged.

“If you feel strongly about it though, you can attempt to grow yourself a pair of eyes now,” Avreet stated.

Vikas decided that his mask level was not sufficient nor safe for the task he had in mind. Plus, the ability to see beyond the normal range of regular eyes had an undeniable appeal. "I will get cybernetic eyes," he said, "Would you like me to get them now or later?" He realized that in order for him to continue training now, Darth Veles would have to unmask his force presence, which he would not like to do.

[member="Darth Veles"]​

“No, no, don’t go anywhere,” Avreet hissed, his patience put to test again. There was a fine line between respect and politeness displayed towards the teachers and outright ass-kissing. Such spinelessness was something one did not see every day and it only reminded Avreet why he had given up on training students, preferring to handpick someone he found worthy rather than do classes and heed training requests. Hopefully this Acolyte’s Master would set him straight. “The galaxy won’t wait for you to fix your mistakes. You'd do well to remember it.” With a soft sigh, Avreet shook his large head. This was going to be one of those lessons.

“Acolyte, tell me everything you know about lightsaber combat.” The Sith Lord ordered, still not lifting his gaze from the window.

"Not much," Vi'kas admitted, "I only know some of the basics. Some general attacks and parries. How not not to die, etc." He had heard to Mon Cal's hostile tone, and resolved to think things through, such as eyes, before his lessons. Besides that, though, he didn't know what he had done wrong exactly. Oh well, he thought, some things will just have to remain a mystery. He pulled his lightsaber off of his belt, prepared for lesson.

[member="Darth Veles"]​

“Not much,” Avreet repeated, his bulbous eyes narrowing, “If you truly know only some of the basics, just a few general swings and parries, maybe you should pick one of the forms first, learn how to actually fight and then attempt to learn the technique you want. While it may not look like it, Trakata requires some skill, which you simply lack. You might easily kill yourself due to an amateurish manipulation with a lightsaber.” The Mon Calamari finally turned around, his large eyes burning holes into the man. Maybe it was for the best the Miraluka could not see. Clasping his hands behind his back, the Sith Lord switched his tone to a kinder one, almost like a parent explaining something to their child.

“As of right now, you are not fit to learn Trakata. You need to know how to fight with a lightsaber, have a form to specialize in, memorize every move, practice for endless hours, and know the theory about your chosen form. What made you want to learn Trakata anyway? You know so very little of lightsaber combat, yet you want this particular technique.” The Sith Lord stated coolly.

"Well, you see, I want to learn to become an assassin," he said, "And Trakata allows you to slip past your opponent's defenses. I have even had a Sith Knight recommend this form to me." He said this with a mild amount of venom in his voice, as [member="Darth Veles"] knew very well that he wanted to be an assassin, yet refused to teach him the ways of the assassin. They had been in a brief conflict over this, and had come to an agreement. Darth Veles would teach him Trakata, and he would leave the older Sith alone. One and done.

“Ah, an assassin,” the gaze of the Sith Lord’s eyes widened. Not many wished to walk the path of an assassin. Even less succeeded. Of all Avreet’s students, only three made it through, becoming successful agents of stealth and assassination. “Had you studied lightsaber combat, you would have known it is not about one trick that defeats all of your opponents. It’s not the technique that allows you to slip through your opponent’s defences, it is your wit. The technique is just an instrument to achieve what you need, something that gives you a wider range of options. If you don’t know how to properly fight with a lightsaber, even the trickiest of all moves won’t help you overcome your enemy.” The Sith Lord said honestly, not knowing how else to put it. “If you don’t know how to swim, it is pointless to learn how to dive.” With a barely noticeable move of his right eye, a twitch, really, the amphibious assassins looked at the chrono.

“You should leave,” Avreet strongly recommended, “Do the same thing as all new Acolytes. Learn the basics first. Study the Sith Code. Understand what it means to be a Sith. Learn how to control the Dark Side and lightsaber alike. Train both your body and mind.” One could not skip those. A house without solid foundations was bound to fall. “If you have a Master, please be so kind and tell them my sincere condolences.”

"Another tool of an assassin would be patience," said Vi'kas, "One could not simply hope to immediately get results. That is why I am here. I wish to be training with my master, but he currently has little time. He can only teach me The lightsaber forms I wish to learn, otherwise, he is no assassin. I wish to learn the way of the assassin, yet I am deemed unworthy because I am untrained. If I was already trained, then I would not be standing here right now. To be turned away from training due to lack of training get nobody anywhere. Why did you train apprentices if they were not already perfect? I have more mental drive than most, and that is why I am still here."

[member="Darth Veles"]​

“Charming,” the Mon Calamari Sith Lord stated, unimpressed. “Truly.” Calling upon the Dark Side, the Sith Lord used the inferno burning within his heart to fill himself with the power of the Force, bending it to his will as it moved through his body, massing in the amphibian’s left hand, which he raised, fingers pointing towards the Acolyte. Crackling blue and white energy danced between his fingertips, a pure manifestation of the Dark Side. The Sith Lord nonchalantly released this stream of energy at the Acolyte, the corrupting effects of the Darkness causing unbelievable pain and ending today’s lesson. As the Mon Cal soundlessly walked beside the man of an unknown age, silently pacing towards the door that led out of the training room, his large head turned to gaze upon the Acolyte.

“You should tell your Master about this wish to be an assassin. If he has little time to teach you and even less of what you want to learn, it might be better if he helped you to find a Master that possesses the knowledge you want.” The amphibious assassin advised politely before departing, leaving the Acolyte alone in the chamber.

Vi'kas howled in pain as the lightning struck him. Nonetheless, he heard Veles's words. It seemed to elude the Mon Cal that he was the only one who could train him in the ways of the assassin. Vi'kas walked up to a training dummy, and brandished his green lightsaber which he had stolen from a Jedi. He only knew the preliminary ideals of Vapaad, but he he knew enough for the time being. He channeled all his anger at the Mon Cal into his arms and let loose a bellow of fury. Moving almost too fast to see, he began a series of strikes, ending with the dummy being beheaded. Then, having loosed his anger, he calmly walked out of the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom