Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training idea. Two Padawans requested

I had a nice idea. I'd welcome two volunteers, at the Padawan level who are active and wish to remain that way. The idea is you could come join the Expeditionary Fleet on temporary learning duty.

Why?

Every person learns different and every teacher teaches different. Maybe the more wayward could get some outside experience beyond the regular stuff the Jedi Order would teach them.

And to net you some experience, working with different people and meeting new chars.

If Corvus is ok with it, I'm ok with it. If you're interested come poke around our page and say hi. We'll start some threads!

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Alexander Sannes"]

As soon as you two get a greenlight come over to the Expeditionary Fleet and say hi. Our training takes place in the Rogue Circle. You'll see it.

[member="Vassara Raxis"] [member="Alexander Sannes"]

So long as lightside powers are all that are taught there, and you're not aiding the enemies of the Republic, I see no issues with this.

TJO doesn't permit darkside teachings.

(Unless of course you are planning to ICly bail on TJO...Then you don't really need my permission.)

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Some of us use force lightning and battlemind but we will refrain from teaching those as we understand.

We are Rogue Jedi, not Dark Jedi or Sith.

[member="Vassara Raxis"]

No worries. If he wants to learn it there's nothing inherintely stopping him. ICly speaking if he starts throwing around Force Lightning Sera would likely take issue with that.

Just things to consider when making choices. Of course he could simply take up the "don't use it around TJO" option also...If FL is something he wants to learn but not be disowned.

[member="Vassara Raxis"] I would be interested. But, for the record, my character wouldn't leave the Jedi to find an outside teacher.

It would have to be part of something else. Like, my character would need to go somewhere, and the Jedi council didn't approve it. So, I stow away, or somehow get you to transport me somewhere and I learn stuff along the way.

[member="Vassara Raxis"] | [member="Roshim Talsung"] | [member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

Just to say TJO is very clear on the Code. Any transgressions committed whilst away from the Order and you will be held accountable.

And remember the Padawan rules too. Is Corvus OK with it? Possibly the wrong question. It is for each Jedi to walk his own path - and if you believe there is truth between your heart and the Force then do what you believe to be right.

Would Corvus allow any of her Padawans to go? No, of course not, silly question.

:p

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Yeah, I actually read the thread linked, and there was a lot of things Roshim would not stand by and let happen. So, sorry [member="Vassara Raxis"] but I won't be taking you up on that offer. :(

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Roshim Talsung"] | [member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Vassara Raxis"]

This is why we don't tell the Grandmaster everything.

If you pick apart the Padawan rules, you'll see this: "As a Padawan learner, you are not encouraged to venture beyond the temples and academies."

It does say you're not encouraged, but doesn't explicitly say you are forbidden. Yay loopholes!

This is kind of where Sera draws the grey line...She'd be fine with Padawans going, as there is value to be had in learning, so long as no darky dark powers are being learned, imprinted, or imposed. That would make her go ballistic. Training though, if it's the path you want to walk, so be it.

And don't tell Corvus you went. I'll get yelled at for granting permission.

WELP, I thought this sounded like a pretty ok deal until I realized that my Master [member="Corvus Raaf"] would inflict severe punishment upon my face for even thinking about doing this, I'm gonna have to respectfully decline.

IT WAS A GOOD IDEA THOUGH I'D DO IT I WAS ALLOWED AND IF I COULD EVEN THINK OF A WAY TO INCORPORATE IT PROPERLY INTO HER STORY

So I just noticed the thread referenced. I was under the impression this was simple training threads much like ones used in TJO section. The thread referenced earlier has a substantial number of Jedi code breaking circumstances in it. Given that, I would advise against Jedi Padawans joining in this.

[member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom