Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training : Daxton Bane

Daxton Bane had no illusions of the task he was about to embark on. He was well aware that many of the other apprentices had approached more personable mentors, but Daxton was not looking for the obvious.

The Sith moved in shadow, behind the scenes, those who seized power were doing nothing more than putting a target on their back. Well it was true that for some the target was rather large and obvious but true power lay elsewhere.

Daxton swallowed his fear, focusing on the task at hand before he approached the Sith he choose to be his master. Bending on one knee, he bowed and said, "Master Apparatus, I seek your council and wisdom. I wish to study under you as an Apprentice."

They were outside. The coarse, dry breeze of Korriban whisked through the air. The Darth's black cloak dangled in the air with its tattered edges flapping in the wind. Darth Apparatus ceased his trek through the arid lands as soon as Daxton spoke out. He slowly turned his head toward the Apprentice. He greeted Daxton with his typical crimson mask.

"Ì ͠h͝av̛e͏ ̛n̷o͠ w̷is̢h t͡o͘ ̴t͏e͠ách ̀y̨ou,́" declared the Darth.

Without much other warning, Darth Apparatus took a quick, sudden step toward Daxton. A bright, red lightsaber erupted to life. With one arm, Darth Apparatus swiped the lightsaber up toward Daxton's head - obviously making an attempt for the Apprentice's life.

If his master was expecting him to be unprepared, then he would be in for a disappointment. Tapping into the force, Daxton leaned into the blow to allow the blade to harmless strike where he was a moment ago. At the same time, he used the force to summon his light sabers to his hands.

The smell of burned ozone filled the air as the pair hissed to orange life, while the third began to circle protectively around the apprentice's flank burning electric blue.

"Why? Is it because you have nothing to teach or are you afraid I am better than you?" Daxton smugly as he launched a three pronged counter strike from two directions.

The Darth's lightsaber hanged high in the air after he missed Daxton. There was no response from Darth Apparatus to the Apprentice's taunt beyond a noticeable surge of abhorrence that could be felt through the Force.

As Daxton lunged forward in his attack, Darth Apparatus lifted his free, left hand toward the Zabrak. He extended his index finger at the direction of Daxton's head. In that instant, the Darth attempted to telekinetically strike both Daxton and the blue lightsaber. Much like a Force push, the attack was to apply directly to the target if successful - and wish the strength to throw Daxton's body far away from the Darth, and would thus leave the Darth untouched.

If the Force push was successful, Daxton might have been able to learn at that instant that controlling the Force through a distraction such as that would be difficult.

For a moment Daxton hung in the mid air, arms drawn back to impale his opponent with lightsaber staff, as the blue lightsaber thrust sped forward to strike from the opposite direction. His face twisted into smile of triumph soon replaced by a look of shock as the Force struck his head.

The blow caused him to lose concentration, sending the blue lightsaber spinning away as he was blown several feet away, crashing forcefully into one of the stone pillar ruins which dotted the planet surface.

Shaking his head to clear his vision and stop the ringing in his ears, it felt as if someone was constantly ringing a brass gong over and over again. Warily rising to his feet, he seemed to sway unsteadily before rushing forward in a burst of Force enchanced speed. Spinning the lightsaber staff in a circular motion, he launched a series of blows to test the master's defenses, before summoning the blue lightsaber to his right hand and igniting it.

With staff in left hand and saber in right, Daxton began a series of constant attacks, alternating which blades he used to parry his opponent's defenses, while using his free blades to strike through the gaps.

When Daxton once again charged toward the Darth, there was little movement in response as the Apprentice sped toward him. Darth Apparatus just slightly shifted his body. Then, the moment Daxton's blades began to slash toward him, the Darth moved his single lightsaber blade both with the ease and swiftness to parry the blows. The Darth gave ground for the first two seconds - yet this was only to make the interval between Daxton's attacks slightly longer due to the increasing distance.

Then without warning, Darth Apparatus took a quick sidestep to his left. The saberstaff would have been the closest weapon of Daxton's to the Darth. He held his crimson lightsaber up between himself and the Apprentice.

Finally, Darth Apparatus flicked his free hand once again. Another powerful telekinetic strike lashed out at Daxton. This time, it threatened both his knees in a way that could shatter them. It seemed that this time, Darth Apparatus may be aiming to disable the Apprentice.

Forcing the master backwards caused Daxton's blood to rise, as he could almost taste his victory. To strike down a master, he would be elevated to Master, stepping past the knight rank all together. This was what he lived for, power was his for the taking.

He wasn't expecting the strike that hit his knees. The pain was a spark that blossomed into a flame, as his knees gave way from the blow. Yet somehow the apprentice was able to remain standing.

The pain was unbearable, each step a torture, swaying back and forth uneasily, Daxton muttered softly as if making a promise to himself. "I hate you. I am not weak. I hate you. I will KILL YOU!" He was on his literally on his last legs sustained only by hatred and the dark side of the Force. With that he launched flurry of blows coming in from all directions at once.

As Daxton threatened to kill Darth Apparatus, the Darth commended the Apprentice as he exclaimed, "G̷oo͝d!"

When Daxton launched another attack, the Darth took a quick leap back. As he did, his lightsaber swung up to parry one of Daxton's blows. The ground at his feet before the jump shattered. Dust and pebbles flung up into the air where he had stood.

Standing a little bit away from Daxton, the Darth then motioned his free hand up and then down.

"N̛o͟w,̀ k̨n͜e͜el!" he commanded.

At that moment, Darth Apparatus extended his influence in the Force and attempted to shove Daxton's body into the harsh, rough sand at his feet. It seemed as if he wished to force the Apprentice to prostrate if Daxton did not already do it willingly.

The pain was unbearable, it was taking all of his hate and anger just to stay on his feet, only his fury allowed him to launch the last series of attacks. Now at the command of the Sith Master, he could feel the pressure double then triple.

Reluctantly he crashed onto his knees as the pain continued to mount. The sand was course and dry, scouring his tongue as he struggled for breath. He could not move, he could not breath. He could feel the very essence of life being crushed out of him any yet he was defiant.

I need to become stronger in the Dark Side, he promised himself. When I do I will pay you back hundredfold for the humiliation and pain I have suffered on this day. No one will be allowed to kill you, because you will die by my hand, he promised himself silently as everything began slowly swirl into darkness.

As a last bit of defiance, he said, "This is.....not the end.......I will....kill......."

Thi̢s ͡is ͜t̢he p̀r̴ìce f͞o͠r ̀learn̨ing̕ ҉e͠veǹ just̀ ͝a mod̴įcu͏m̡ ̶o͞f̡ ͢my ͟p̴oẁe̛r,̶” began the Sith Lord.

The pressure Darth Apparatus exerted on Daxton continued. Yet, it held steady and did not aim to kill the Apprentice - so far. A slight breeze picked up and encircled the Darth, with the sand it picked up threatening to blister exposed skin.

Y̕o̢ur l̕i̴fe is ̢mi͞ne,” claimed Darth Apparatus, “Yo͘u̴r̢ w̢i͏l̕l sh̕all ̸be ̡m̢i̵ne͘.

Essentially, Darth attempted to assert some sort of authority over the Sith Apprentice. Obviously, Daxton’s demeanor in the beginning showed that he might have listened to anything the Sith Lord would have wanted – however the Darth had a catch to those that wanted to be his apprentices or subjects.

An̵d ̧if̨ ̧yo̡ú ẃant͢ ͜y̧ou͡r͞ lif͜e, ̷àga͘i͝n͢,” continued the Darth, “K͢įll ͝m͝e.

The push against Daxton began to wane. The Darth then turned around and began to walk away – leaving the damaged Daxton where he laid.

F̀o͟l͜lòw,” commanded the Darth, giving no care for the condition he left Daxton’s body, “T̀here ̢is mu̵c̛h to̶ d͘o͜ ̴o͜n̢ ͞K̡órr̛ìb́an̵.

His body was on fire, he wanted to scream with all his might, but his pride would not allow his master that pleasure. His master, yes once more Daxton was bound to the will of another but this time it was of his own choosing.

What power his Master possessed. With but a fraction of that, what could he achieve. Summoning his weapons to his open palms, he deactivated them and slowly, unsteadily got to his feet. A shuffled step sent waves of pain coursing through his body but he did not care, an order was given and he would obey.

"Yes, my Master. I am yours to command." Until the time is right and I take what is by rights mine he silently pledged to himself.

Daxton left a bloody trail as he shuffled to follow after his new master.

The journey from that point onward was silent, at least on the Darth’s part, and it took several hours of trekking through the barren wastes of Korriban.

Eventually, they would have come across a temple half buried by a cliff. It was alone in the desert, which stood in contrast to the Valley of the Dark Lords. Inside this temple would have been a maze of pitch black tunnels. There might have been some boon to collect in the depths of the temple, yet Darth Apparatus did not express any expectations of such a thing.

Lurking in the crumbling hallways of this temple would have been a healthy handful of hungry terentatek. They had surely been hidden and protected by the temple for centuries.

G͏ơ ̀for̕t̸h,̕” ordered the Darth, still not taking into account of Daxton’s body, “A̵n̷d͜ ̢slau̡ghte͞r̸ alļ t̴he be͢as̴t̀s yǫu̴ ͠f͢i̡n̛d.

Shuffling forward, Daxton reached forth for the Dark Side to sustain him and give him strength. Under his tunic, the parasitic creatures living on his torso grew agitated as more and more dark energy flowed through the apprentice's body. The toxins they injected as they feed gave Daxton a surge of adrenaline even as they began to slowly knit his wounds close.

It was far from painless, but he used the agony to focus his rage. Igniting his blades, he uttered a primal scream as he entered the darkness. He feared nothing, for he is darkness, he was the living avatar of death.

Lightsabers hissing, he laughed manically as he fought with the beasts who made the temple their home.

Terentatek were huge, taloned, spined and hungry. Drawn by the scent of the wounded sith's blood they emerged from the shadows of the temple interior. Weaving his three blades around him, Daxton danced the wheel of death, slicing here, stabbing there, and impaling when an opening presented itself.

He took damage as well from their venomous tusked bites to their raking claws, he even had broken some ribs when he fumbled a block, but in the overall they were no match for his anger and his rage.

When the last terentatek fell to the ground, he raised his blades in triumph and roared out a primal battle cry of victory. /Then he bended to the knee before his Master and said, "Master, your will is done. They are all dead."

As Daxton rampaged through the temple, Darth Apparatus passively shadowed the apprentice. He neither drew his lightsabers nor exerted any pressure through the Force. His cold, crimson mask bore witness to the carnage Daxton. A breath of malicious delight oozed through the Force as Darth Apparatus heard the cracking of the Zabrak’s ribs.

Once the apprentice had slain the final beast, Darth Apparatus walked past the kneeling man and further into the depths of the temple.

Śoa̵k iņ ́th̨e ͡fèel҉įn̨ģ ͏òf͡ de͞at͜h͟’s g̵r͜as̕p͏ ̷u͜pon yo̴ur ̷th̴ro̕at̨,͝” said the Darth, expecting Daxton to follow, “L̡oa̧t҉h ̀t̨h̢e҉ ̨f̧ac͏t͝ t͏h͢a̵t ̨y̷o͢ư ͜will ̵díe͞ ҉in͜ pai͠n͝ ̀aņd̵ ͜fut͢i̢l͞ity, here or̛ e̵ls̡e̴w͝h͏ere. ͡Le̡t ̢t̨hát be̡ y͡o̴u̴r ҉f͜i̸ŗst l̕i͟nķ ͝t͝o ͝ţḩe̡ d͢ar͝k͜ ͟sid̷e͡.

Further the Sith Lord went into the temple. Soon after his first principle given on the dark side, Darth Apparatus procured a red, pyramidal holocron from his cloak.

Mid-stride, Darth Apparatus then asked, “T̛houg͠h, ͞w̧hat͟ h͏av͢e͜ yo͜u̵ ͡c͜o͟me͢ t́o l͡ea͟r̛n of ̢w͝hat͟ ͟it̴ ͠mea̧n͟s ͢t̀o ̵b͘e͢ S҉ith?

Although he was weary to the bone, muscles aching from combat, his breath coming out in ragged wheezes due to the broken ribs, still he forced himself to rise a follow his master. Struggling to reply, "Although I may be broken, bleeding and tired, although I stand all by my self in the face of foes. I have can trust the Dark Side to sustain me. To give me strength to persevere and conquer any foe. With the Dark Side the Sith is never alone, My Master."

The moment Daxton finished his statement, Darth Apparatus suddenly turned to face the apprentice. His free hand, the one not grasping the Sith holocron, stretched out toward the Zabrak. Immediately, the Darth attempted to telekinetically choke Daxton. He did not attempt to crush the man’s throat, yet it could have been uncomfortable for the seemingly struggling student.

You ̸fai̕l̡ed ̛to ans͠w̕e͠r͝ ̧m̛y ̷q̛u̷es͜tio̶n,͜” Darth Apparatus declared, dissatisfied by Daxton's statement even if it was an honest answer, “W̕ha͜t i̛s̢ ̷it̀ t̷o be S̀ith?͟

After his question, Darth Apparatus released his grasp through the Force to allow the Sith apprentice to speak. Obviously though, the Darth’s tolerance for Daxton was still as low as when they met.

Or͏ d̀o ̷yo̸u͏ ͘know ̛n̷o̧t̸h͟i̷ng?͞” inquired the Darth.

"Grak......." Daxton dropped his lightsabers as the sensation blocked off the passage of air. Was he going to die here? In some forgotten tomb amidst the cooling carcasses of his kills. NO! His mind screamed as his body struggled for air.

Then abruptly the pressure eased and he was able to breath. Coughing as he gasped for breath, he said, "To be Sith is not know fear. Even in the face of death, we do not know fear. Fear is the mind killer. Betrayer of all illusions. We are free from the shackles of emotion and ignorance. That is what means to be Sith."

Daxton was done being afraid. Looking his master in the eye, he displayed no fear, no hesitation what so ever.

"Your̢ an͟s̵w͞e̷r͜ sh̡ows ̷how ͜m̨u͟c̷h̢ ͞yoù ląck͡," replied the Darth as he turned away from Daxton and continued to trek further into the temple.

The holocron Darth Apparatus held opened at its peak. Each of its pyramidal sides folded out and began to rotate back and forth.

As he continued to walk, Darth Apparatus then said, "I̢ ̧am ̀n͜o̶t̡ ̢o̵n̛e ̕of͘ ͟w̴oŗds͠. B͏ut̶ I̢ ̸r̛es͡p͝ect͠ ͢th̶e power̨ ͠of҉ w̸ords, f̡o͠ŗ t̶h̴ąt i̷s͘ w͟hat t̸r͠ánsf̢òr̵męd ́me.͝ The w̧ordś o͢f t͡he̡ ̵Śi͝t̶h̸ C̵o͘d͜e͞.͝ ̨Oth̨e͡r͜s̕ h͝a̡ḑ h̨e͝ard ͞ţh͟e͝m̀, co͏n̕ţe̵mpl͜a͡t͢e͞d͡ ͢th̛éḿ, a̢nd̸ ͘sò on͏.̧ B́u̵t͏ I u͘n͟de͡r̨st̛oo̡d͡ ̡them,̴ ҉a͏nd̴ ̧t̢he͜y ͞c̢hang̀e̛d ͝m̡e.͟ ̢F̨o͝r͡ ̶wha̴t ̸w͜as I ́befo͝r͞e ͝I hear̛d ̡t̀h͢o̡sȩ w͏ord҉s?͡ ͝Noth̛i͞ng"

Turning his head slightly back at Daxton, Darth Apparatus then asked, "Do y̧óu̶ év̛e̶n ͠k̢nǫw͡ ̷w̶ha̶t̡ t̸his ͘ma͟n͘t͘r̵a is?"

Even with the pressure being exerted on his throat, Daxton uttered the words he had been long studying over a decade.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

He knew it was futile to struggle against the choking grasp that held his throat but he was able get in one gasp. "Let me be the instrument of your will, Master, to break the chains of this galaxy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom