Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 Coolest SWRP Characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzAIWle7rC4​
So, in my own opinion. The word 'cool' has really been degraded into a term that not many really seem to understand anymore. Cause apparently all it takes to be cool is to strike your favorite pose or say their favorite quote. And on this site, it seems to follow the same rules. Just make a sith, give them a cool name, give them some cooler abilities along with a depressing back story and walk around killing things while being emo.

Baam, you are cool.

But for this, i wanna take a deeper look into what you guys think. This is not a thread where you list the most badass character or who can be the most violent or who can beat up who. Cause when you read the word 'cool' some ppl think that is a reason to start spatting out their list of 'favorite' characters. Cool or not.

No

This is for the types of characters who can kick your ass but make you smile. Scare the shiz out of you while still looking pretty good, do some epic crap while looking stylish. Or being the classic suave james bond we've all come to love over the years. It can be any kind of character from any faction. Because just their presence in a thread can make that thread just that much more epic.

Ok so...rules. I guess. I want you guys to pick characters based on this criteria.

Badass Level
Stylish Looks
Impressive Feats Achieved
Attitude/Charisma
Maintaining Coolness Throughout
Likability

Now, this is a top ten list. And therefore...i need to make the list. And you guys are gonna help. There will be twenty candidates. The twenty characters who have their names mentioned the most throughout the thread (And with decent explanation as to why) there will be a new thread made in the format of a poll...if 20 options cannot be made, then i'll figure something else out. Out of the twenty characters, members will be able to choose the winning ten in the same fashion.

Now...don't let your judgement be swayed by things like 'Oh nice avatar' or 'Hmm, his profile looks nice'. Or even 'Well i like the writer'. No, this works best if you've actually read some of the characters threads and such.

Anywho. I think that about sums this intro up. This entire thing may seem rather familiar, and for those of you who notice that. *Hats off to you*

Have fun lovelies. Let the arguments begin LOL.

I think it's pretty obvious who is going to win this thing.

mollyr.gif

Alric Kuhn for #1 hottie.
Danger Arceneau for #1 source of insecurity.
Corvus Raaf for #1 typical Jedi
Darth Vornskr for #1 Neutral Evil Sith
Rose Kuhn for #1 Daughter

Lady Sovereign said:
Badass Level
Stylish Looks
Impressive Feats Achieved
Attitude/Charisma
Maintaining Coolness Throughout
Likability

For my money, [member="Seydon of Arda"] is at the top.

BADASS LEVEL
  • Has been known to charge small armies while unarmoured and injured, in order to let others get away.
  • Has killed terentateks when the terentateks pressed the point. Was Rave Merrill's favorite monster-hunter.
  • Routinely injects/snorts/drinks alchemical reagents.
STYLISH LOOKS
  • His playby is Geralt of Rivia.
  • He's dedicated to the aesthetic, to the point where there are several Seydon armour subs running around, all of them about as authentically StarWarsWitcher as you can get. We're talking impeccable Wookieepedia research to get just the right leather, bone, etc.
IMPRESSIVE FEATS ACHIEVED
  • He's the best monster-hunter there is. He took down the Akure Leviathan, he's fought every kind of Sithspawn you could imagine, and it's cost him in blood, sweat, and tears in a way that most characters just can't match. He's the unsung hero who saved every Jedi Holocron from the One Sith after the capture of Kiskla Grayson, and he bled doing it, and it wasn't his idea or his cause. He's done over 200,000 words of monster-hunting quests.
ATTITUDE/CHARISMA
  • Deep down, under the hardbitten and professional exterior, you'll never find someone more earnest and genuine than Seydon. He was Sith poisoned, so he's not a Darksider by choice, but he just keeps on plugging the best he can, killing what needs killing and trying to hold onto his soul.
MAINTAINING COOLNESS THROUGHOUT
  • He never seeks out duels and has no use for, or interest in, the competitive scene. Even so, he's unutterably lethal at close range, a match for Ashin and more than a match for anyone else I've got. Ember helped train him, but he's surpassed Ember, though Seydon would never admit it.
LIKABILITY
  • His example, without much in the way of personal IC involvement, led a unique and pretty successful major faction for a long time. Like him, the Levantine Sanctum was non-interventionist, non-judgmental, focused on personal freedom, and more interested in adventures on the fringes of civilization than in being the focus of attention. Even after the SJO merger, it's no exaggeration to say that the modern SSC has a few of its roots in the example he set.
  • Faithfully married for years, despite his wife being gone for a very long time.
  • Often willing to drop everything and help, at serious personal risk.
  • Refuses to admit that he could shred you. But he could.

sabrina

[member="Ordo"] for being a fun to thread with
[member="Darth Orcus"] for having a whale of time reading his posts
[member="Darth Isolda"] for being scary and great use of fonts
darth shara (rip) some of the best rp I was in
[member="Daella Apparine"] for tricking the galactic republic
[member="Darth Vulkan"] for being a good sport
[member="Popo"] for being
[member="Rexus Drath"] for some good lesson in the force
[member="Darth Veles"] for making me realise I was not only sith that thought that way.

in no particular order

Alright, I'll stop poop-posting and actually contribute. Although, I'm not really in to ranking because I think everyone who's active here contributes heavily with someone I could easily find something I adore. But I'll probably pop in and out and name some characters I love in particular, and follow.

[member="Connor Harrison"]

BADASS LEVEL
  • Unique among the Jedi in the way he toes the line between the Light and Dark to protect the Galaxy.
  • Has faced down several Sith and has taken some serious damage and yet moved on to tell the tale.
  • That hair tho.
STYLISH LOOKS
  • Again, that hair tho.
  • Ages his character along with the actors he uses for a play-by. This adds an authenticity and realism to the progression of the character that I can absolutely appreciate.
  • Current aesthetic is Dr. Strange, which is pretty cray for a Jedi but it WORKS!
  • Didn't go crazy when Matsu implanted a Sith curse in his brain.
  • Survived the explosion of a spacestation attacked by Reavers.
  • Has actually managed to bring Sith and darksiders back to the Light. (So we could basically say he's moved mountains.)
  • Drops everything for those he cares about. He's gone out at his own expense multiple times to rescue Padawans, etc.
ATTITUDE/CHARISMA
  • While he may be difficult to get to know at times, Connor has enough layers to keep you coming back to figure out how he'll deal with is next life-changing event. Seems like he's a magnet for trouble and trauma, but it's a journey that makes me wonder what will happen when he finally finds his way.
  • Underneath the hard shell and anger, I feel like he could probably crack a great joke.

Here's the thing: although he fully admits to losing battles, to walking away from encounters scarred and broken, isn't that the beauty of it? He maintains that desire to change the Galaxy for the better - whatever it takes. He's faced down ice planets, Sith artifacts, magical beasts, and invading armies without backing down.

LIKABILITY

Sometimes you want to tell him to lighten up, to not take things so personally or get snarky when he doesn't like something, but it's hard not to like a guy so dedicated to protecting his own and who works so hard to do it. Although there's an inherent quality of edge to the character because of his path in life, you find yourself rooting for the guy and DESPERATELY wanting him to find the happiness he deserves for his work.

Obvious answers:

1. My friend who I like to write with.
2. My second friend who I like to write with.
3. My third friend who I like to write with.
4. This guy's not really my friend but I'd like him to be a friend I can write with.
5. Name-dropping this person for brownie points/attempting to impress.

/circlejerk

Matsu Xiangu said:
[member="Connor Harrison"]

BADASS LEVEL

• Unique among the Jedi in the way he toes the line between the Light and Dark to protect the Galaxy.
  • Has faced down several Sith and has taken some serious damage and yet moved on to tell the tale.
  • That hair tho.
STYLISH LOOKS
  • Again, that hair tho.
  • Ages his character along with the actors he uses for a play-by. This adds an authenticity and realism to the progression of the character that I can absolutely appreciate.
  • Current aesthetic is Dr. Strange, which is pretty cray for a Jedi but it WORKS!
  • Didn't go crazy when Matsu implanted a Sith curse in his brain.
  • Survived the explosion of a spacestation attacked by Reavers.
  • Has actually managed to bring Sith and darksiders back to the Light. (So we could basically say he's moved mountains.)
  • Drops everything for those he cares about. He's gone out at his own expense multiple times to rescue Padawans, etc.
ATTITUDE/CHARISMA
  • While he may be difficult to get to know at times, Connor has enough layers to keep you coming back to figure out how he'll deal with is next life-changing event. Seems like he's a magnet for trouble and trauma, but it's a journey that makes me wonder what will happen when he finally finds his way.
  • Underneath the hard shell and anger, I feel like he could probably crack a great joke.

Here's the thing: although he fully admits to losing battles, to walking away from encounters scarred and broken, isn't that the beauty of it? He maintains that desire to change the Galaxy for the better - whatever it takes. He's faced down ice planets, Sith artifacts, magical beasts, and invading armies without backing down.

LIKABILITY

Sometimes you want to tell him to lighten up, to not take things so personally or get snarky when he doesn't like something, but it's hard not to like a guy so dedicated to protecting his own and who works so hard to do it. Although there's an inherent quality of edge to the character because of his path in life, you find yourself rooting for the guy and DESPERATELY wanting him to find the happiness he deserves for his work.
What she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom