Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To make a better soldier

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik had begun a new chapter in his alchemical career. He'd mastered the arts of materials, as well as the arts of biology, arguably to the best of anyone in the galaxy. In history. Most would be content with such knowledge, but Valik was not. There was still one more field for him to pursue, that of the Force itself. It wouldn't be an easy road, and would require quite a bit of research, but the priiiize. He'd searched many worlds for people to simply abduct, plunge into his experiments and subjugate them to whatever he needed to learn, but was ignoring an easy resource at hand. While he wasn't officially a Fringe Scientist he had a lot of pull in the community, and could do a great deal of what he wanted as long as made sure to give them a dandy new device or ship here and there. So he made a request to be allowed to examine the soldiers of the Fringe, and take a few for a couple weeks for experimentation. He did get a bit of funny looks, but upon assurances nobody would come out worse for wear the Fringe Hierarchy agreed to his request.

That being said, this method of finding Force Users seemed as slow as any other. He had visited three bunkers before he arrived at this one, and found no trace of anyone with latent Force Sensitivity. Perhaps that was a testament to the Fringe's ability to find such talent, which he supposed was a good thing, but ultimately made his personal job a lot more difficult. Perhaps this bunker will be the one. Valik thought to himself. He knew statistically it wouldn't be this one, but statistically he also had to find one eventually.

"Are the scientist I was told to expect?" A Staff Colonel asked him, to which Valik nodded politely. "Well, how do you want to do this then?" He asked, visibly a bit annoyed that his routine was being interrupted by some consultant.

"Just get all of the soldiers into one overlying hall and I'll examine them briefly. What I need will be obvious to spot, so examining them all should only take fifteen minutes or so. After that I'll be on my way." Valik replied, and the Colonel nodded in turn, before calling all hands into the cafeteria, then gesturing a hand telling Valik to follow. If all went as expected he'd be out of here in twenty minutes with nothing to show for it, again, but if it didn't, well, it'd be worth it.

[member="Phedre Parenthis"]

Blonde curls pinned back neatly, Phedre popped open the crate and hefted one of the new M6-RSC sniper rifles that had arrived. Gabriel had bloody well outdone himself this time, she grinned very nearly bouncing in place as she tilted her head and peered down the length of the weapon. It certainly wasn't meant to be held, at least, not by someone her size, which she lamented. The rifle was positively beautiful...if it behaved half as well as he'd sworn it would in the field, she was going to have to go to persuade someone on the Council to approve a purchase for all of the Fringe sniper forces.

With an eye towards the long distance firing range, she popped in a power pack and a basic ammunition cartridge. With a scope in her fingers, she'd taken half a step towards the door before they were all called in to assemble in the cafeteria.

Blinking, she shrugged as someone asked her if she knew what was going on, but she still filed in and lined up with the others, standing at attention as protocol demanded. The Staff Colonel didn't even bother introducing the stranger at his side, he simply stood back and watched. Sea green eyes watched the dark haired gentleman as he walked to the opposite end of the line from where she was standing. Phe couldn't see what he was doing from here, but that didn't stop a small knot from forming in the pit of her stomach.

[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
The soldiers and officers of the Fringe base arranged themselves in organized rows and columns, like a well oiled machine. Rather convenient in truth, as Valik simply had to go up and down the lines of soldiers, but also a bit monotonous. Though after visiting three bunkers beforehand everything became monotonous he supposed. Continuing the procedure he walked down the line, pausing a moment before each individual. Many Jedi or Sith had the power to, or at least claimed to have the power to, sense the presence of other Force Sensitives in the room, even in a wide radius, but Valik was not such a person. He could sense alchemical creations better than anything from sheer exposure to them, but people? Only the Jedi Masters and Lords could he sense innately, everyone else had to be find by concentrating, anticipating them in his surrounding.

Eventually he came to a blonde haired woman with the curls of her hair pinned back in common military fashion, with shining green eyes. More pulchritudinous than most he'd examined thusfar, but Valik wasn't in the business of measuring millihelens. He closed his eyes and concentrated as he had for many soldiers before, then opened his eyes and spoke the first words to anyone but the Staff Colonel.

"Can I get you to extend your hand please? I'm going to need to take a blood sample." He said, pulling out a small comlink.

[member="Phedre Parenthis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom