Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Conquer Fear

The weeks seemed to fly by on Ossus, each day dominated by the tiring training Arlan endured as Serra watched over him. The journey had been long and hard yet results were beginning to show and Arlan's abilities were slowly coming to light. Not long ago at all Arlan had not even been able to lift a single wooden block by harnessing the Force, now he could life and hold multiple things of greater sizes. He was, of course, no where near his Master's equal but the fact clear results were being produced was enough to drive Arlan forward. So here he was again, a day like any other where he was hard at work under Serra's tutelage. Arlan sat cross-legged, his hands placed firmly upon his lap, and around him rocks of varying sizes slowly rotated around him as if in orbit. Suddenly Arlan's eyes flicked open and all the rocks tumbled to the ground.

"I still cannot manage to keep my concentration for very long." Arlan spoke coldly as he stood and turned towards his master. "As soon as my mind turns towards something other than grasping the Force my hold on things falters. I might be able to life more than I could a week ago, but in a fight it won't do me any good if I have to strain myself to keep focused." Arlan went on, clearly angry and disappointed in himself. In the short time he had been training he had managed to develop his skills in telekinesis quite a bit, yet without perfect stillness and concentration he couldn't even lift the original blocks he had trained with. "Master, I just can't see how you manage to do the things you do."

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

"Like a newborn learning to utilize their legs, so too must you learn to walk before you run." She smiled. Whether Arlan believed it or not, in the weeks since his arrival at Ossus he had already grown in leaps and bounds from that broken down shack he had called home on that desolate planet. "The more you practice, the more attuned to the Force you will become. The easier it will be to call upon, and the longer you will be able to focus. What comes next, that is the point where it becomes second nature; Something you simply do without thinking about it. It will come, in due time." Sera rested a hand on his shoulder. "I promise. I would not get your hopes up for failure, Arlan."

While it was true that he wouldn't be of any great use in a fight in the immediate future, it was also not so far off in the future that he wouldn't see his ability grow to that point. She gave a small laugh at his slight disbelief of her ability. "There are two things to take into account with regard to me. I'm the resident expert among the Jedi Order with regard two things: Telekinesis, and the lightsaber form Ataru." She held up a cautionary finger. "However, that's all. I'm not an expert at many of the things other Jedi are. For instance, I cannot heal others with the Force, something other Jedi here are quite fluent in." She rubbed his shoulder before releasing him. "We all have our proficiency. As you train you will understand yours more readily."

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

As always Serra's words seemed kind and reassuring, calming Arlan and ridding him of his self anguish. For a master Arlan could think of no others he would have rather had in his corner than Serra, though in truth he had met few other Jedi Masters in his time on Ossus. Still he was thankful for all she had done for him in helping along his training as she did. Arlan could think of few others that would be willing to take in a man his age and train him in the ways of the Jedi, and that alone made him indebted to her. Training aside Arlan had learned much just from being around Serra, for she was an oddity to her pupil in all ways. When living in the cutthroat belly of the Galaxy's underbelly for so long her kindness and grace was in ways more impressive than her abilities with the Force. With a sigh Arlan nodded towards his master as she spoke then turned towards her and smiled.

"I know you are right master, you always are about these things." Arlan spoke softly as he ran his hand through his hair. "I'm sure everyone goes through this stage at some point, but it's just frustrating you know." Arlan continued, laughing slightly as he did so. Though it might not have seemed like much to many, Arlan acting in such a way was indeed a rare sight. Since coming to Ossus much had changed within him, including his personality. The cold cynic he had been had slowly began to subside, perhaps due to being around so many with good hearts. "Well, regardless of all that, what do you have planned for me today?"

The woman nodded an affirmation to Arlan. "Every Jedi that has passed through these walls have had the same frustrations, the same questions as you do right now. It's only natural. But push through, and you'll do just fine." She would take things one slow step at a time with him, careful to answer all of his questions truthfully, regardless of what that may entail. It was best not to keep secrets, no matter how gritty or dark they may be. For him she would be an open book. These were things that she herself had felt as a youngling and teenager, though often felt awkward or silly for asking. Learning the hard facts later in life did nobody any good.

"Today? Today we'll take a break from the Force training. Instead, you'll be putting your hands on a saber for real, for the first time." She gave a cheerful smile. "We'll be using training sabers, so there's no risk of lost limbs, or life. Come." She led him down one of the long corridors and out to the courtyard of the temple. Reaching to her side she revealed a pair of sabers, offering one to her Padawan before taking the other. "The first lesson will be simple strikes, slashes, thrusts, and footwork. Once you are comfortable with how the weapon responds we can move on to the basics of one of the seven forms of Lightsaber combat."

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Since beginning his training as a Jedi Arlan had only ever held a Lightsaber once before today, being when Serra offered hers to him in his earlier stages of instruction. Now though, while not an actual Lightsaber, he would eagerly mark the second time one of the laser blades graced his hands. When it came to the Jedi philosophies Arlan had to admit much went over his head. The idea of the Force was something he had slowly been able to wrap his mind around, yet he still struggle with the aspect as a whole. Lightsabers were a different story altogether, being a physical device plied as the Jedi tools of the trade. It was a lot easier for the young mercenary to see the need and prudence of training with a Lightsaber, and therefore Arlan believed he would be incredibly adept in ones use. Looking now to Serra taking the training saber firmly within his hands and backing away a few feet, Arlan began to wonder just what his first take on actual training would yield.

"I can't believe we have actually made it to this point. I have to say, I'm pretty excited to see how this goes." Arlan chimed in, smiling whilst he looked at the device in his hands. "I read a bit about the different forms in my down time. I think you said Makashi would suit me best if I recall correctly." Arlan continued, thinking for a moment while rubbing his chin. "If I remember right that form was made originally for Lightsaber to Lightsaber combat, as opposed to the more defensive arts like Soresu." If his assumptions were true then that would suit him just fine. Arlan had become increasingly addicted to the idea of dueling, but with no real training he had no real chance in such an event. Now though should all of this work out, Arlan could begin to ply his skills in the way he wished to.

The two forms of combat that Sera was most proficient in were Ataru and Makashi, the latter thanks only to her former master's adamant demands that she learn a second form. However that demand would pay off now that the Twi'lek had another student to teach. Given that Ataru was likely not something he would take great comfort in she thought it prudent to instead teach him the more duel-centric style of fighting that lended to Makashi.

"I can teach you but two of the seven forms of lightsaber combat. Ataru, or Form IV is a bit more involved with maneuvers relative to acrobatics and dance. I don't feel it is proper to train you in this style." She pointed towards his physique. "You're a bit large in form. You're tall, heavy. It will make you an easier target. I'd prefer to train you where you can excel." Her comments were meant as genuine guidance, rather than discouraging realizations. She wanted to set him up to succeed as much as possible. "Though there are masters of all of the forms within the Order. [member="Corvus Raaf"] is a firm believer in Soresu. If you'd wish to learn that, I can think of no better teacher."

It might be hard to tell, but Sera was likely more excited than Arlan to begin training him with the weapon of a Jedi. This was simply one of her favorite things to instruct, as even being the trainer, the practice was always worth it. Remotes are predictable and utilize patterns, whereas organic minds were unpredictable and radical.

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Arlan was clearly excited. As old as he was he could not hold in the waves of boyish excitement washing over him as he gripped the blade firmly in his hands and looked onward towards his master. He had always known his journey down the path of a Jedi would lead him to this point, yet it had always seemed such a distant thing. Now here he was, about to train with his master in an art only known to a select few. Serra of course always wanting the best for her pupil made sure to mention the name of another highly skilled Jedi Master should Arlan wish to learn a different style, but that was not so. He had been a first hand witness to Serra's skills in both the force and with a Lightsaber, so in his mind there was no one better to continue his training. In a way Arlan felt as if he owed Serra for her saving him, but there was no physical way to pay her back. No, Arlan could think of no better way than to become the Jedi she said he would.

"Learning Makashi from you is something I could have only hoped for. In truth this day seemed as if it would never come yet here we are." Arlan smiled coyly as he moved into position, twirling the training saber in his hand for a brief moment as he did so. "The greater Force may elude me, but a physical weapon like this is right up my alley. I have no great aspirations for myself at the start of this, I assure you master, but I have a feeling using a Lightsaber will be as second nature to me before too long." Arlan nodded confidently at his own words. After his progress in Force training seemed to come to a halt a change of venue was defiantly welcome. His bravado now only served to cushion his ego in hoping he would do better in this area of his training.

"The Force is part of every aspect of a Jedi. This includes your lightsaber use." Sera stepped beside Arlan, her right shoulder close to his left. "Anyone can wield a lightsaber like any other tool or weapon. It is not that someone unfamiliar and insensitive to the Force cannot press down the button and carve at enemies like a savage." She smiled, her finger slipping over the activator switch on her own saber to spring the saber to life, twirling it a few times. "Practice, and our connection to the Force grant us the edge. "Those who cannot feel the Force, cannot connect with it, will never truly master the form." Lightsabers, while rarely seen or utilized by those who could not feel the Force, could still be wielded with deadly accuraccy in the wrong hands. The point, however, was that a true master of the Force scarcely found themselves in anything resembling a challenge against those who were not adept.

"To explain my point a bit further, a Jedi can feel through the Force. This will give you the benefit of being able to foresee and defend against many things, such as blasters. Back when you fired your own blaster at me on Felucia, you missed simply because of the Force, not for lack of accurracy. As you get stronger you will be able to evade, dodge, and even reflect back shots from blasters, as well as predict where your opponents will move. For now though, we'll stick with one on one training, and a bit of blocking against remote droids."

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Arlan nodded along with Serra as she spoke, making sure to take in every last piece of information she bestowed upon him to the last drop. While hearing this at first Arlan was saddened by the fact he would once again have to rely on the Force, which he had limited control over, to progress his saber skills to any great degree. Of course he had anticipated as much, yet the hope he would be able to excel without it continued until this very conversation. With a smile Arlan nodded yet again, trying his best to hide his disappointment and fear of failure. He could now only cling to the slightly reassuring thought that his skill with bladed weapons would help him skip a few steps in making a connection to the force whilst training. His thumb then gently pushed the switch on the side of the training saber forward, causing the blade to crackle to life with a his. Now would be the time Arlan could distinguish himself as more than the common rank and file fodder that came along every day, even if his training had only just began.

"I am ready when you are master, try not to go easy on me." Arlan smirked as he began circling around Serra slowly, gripping the hilt of his saber tightly with both hands as he did so. "I want to get as much experience from this as I can. If you go pulling hits for me I will never make progress." Arlan continued for a brief moment before turning and facing Serra. Then he waited, trying to gauge the timing of the Jedi Master the best that he could. The gap in the ability was immeasurable at the moment, but that did not mean Arlan could not at least put his master through her paces. With that thought in mind Arlan lunged, bringing forth his saber and lashing out towards Serra.

Sera offered a nod to Arlan. She remained quiet however. If she truly engaged him as if he were a SIth, or other opponent hell bent on killing her she would so quickly discourage the man. There was a difference in dialing down the ability and simply going easy on her apprentice. She would ensure that he was challenged well enough to learn and progress himself through the exercise, but not so battered that he would feel disappointed in himself and resentment towards her for their wide gap in training.

Arlan lunged forward towards her, making a heavy handed slash toward her midsection. It was there he would feel for the first time the force between two lightsabers colliding, heated plasma snapping, hissing, and popping against one another when she raised her own weapon to block his strike. For starters she wanted him to get used to the feeling of the weapon in his hands, how it moved, how it sounded when squaring off against another saber, and how the pressure felt in and against his hands.

The Twi'lek stepped back a pace, twirling the hilt of the weapon in her hand before sweeping it hard and wide towards his knees. It was important that he understood the very core basics of the lightsaber's function before they got into any real duel or spar for that day.

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

The weightlessness of the Lightsaber was hard to compensate for, even on the training sabers. Arlan had never been a slouch when it came to using normal vibroswords and things of that nature, but one had to judge to position of the blade by mere experience and intuition instead of relying on it's weight. As soon as his saber clashed with Serra's he knew full well just how different fighting with a Lightsaber would truly be. He had been cocky and overconfident in his assumptions on his handling of one, but it was good that he realized this now. He was here to train and part of training was understanding one's faults and correcting them. As the blades hissed against one another Arlan quickly pulled back, gripping the saber tightly and looking again for an opening of any sorts. Serra stood watching mostly, she had not engaged him yet and Arlan was glad for it. No doubt she simply wished for him to get a feel of things before any sort of sparring truly took place.

Arlan moved in slower this time, trying more to correctly judge the trajectory of his blade than trying to do his master any damage. He would wait for he to once again bring her saber up to deflect his own, the sound he had heard earlier still present within his ears. It was a tad strange actually training with a Lightsaber of any sort, yet he knew it was a certainty all training to be Jedi must face. Arlan himself could not fathom how his master was able to deftly twirl the blades about with any direction or skill, even more so apply some sort of combative form to these weapons. One wrong miscalculation, one slip of the hand, and a person could end up hurting themselves in a way that could never be healed. The thought of a young Padawan attempting to twirl a Lightsaber in his hands then accidentally cutting one off crept into Arlan's mind forcing a brief smile and he continued moving in towards Serra waiting for her parry.

Sera could sense the trepidation in her student. His nerves stressed at the oddness of the saber. She remembered back to when she had first began training with a single lightsaber, let alone the pair she now wielded. Sera had been extremely headstrong when starting out, slashing wildly at anything and everything like a crazy person trying to swat a fly. It was truly embarrassing. Had Arlan ever seen a HoloVid of her as a student, he would see just how terrible she had been back then.

Her guard rose again, his strikes coming in a bit more balanced and with much more focus than before. Still, it was not as if she was working to deflect the strikes, so much as teach him how to strike, to use his wrists and body to direct and pivot the weapon as if an extension of himself. Once more the sabers flashed in an angry hiss, crackling as they again separated. A few more strikes were made before she spoke again.

"Good. You'll come to find that despite the weapon being weightless, a two handed grip will often offer far more in the way of control than a single handed one, though you will lose finesse and grace in exchange for heavy swings and strong defense. It's a matter of situational awareness and preference." She stepped forward and made a single, easily parried slash toward the student so that he would feel the difference in blocking, rather than striking. "I carry a pair of weapons, as such I rarely utilize a double handed swing. It comes with its' own set of complications and benefits."

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Arlan raised his saber and let his master's strike true, the loud hiss of the blades meeting echoing throughout the room. Arlan backed away after his master's retreated as well, then stood tall and listened to her speak. Her words were carefully chosen, offering maximum advice with as little manipulation as possible. It was apparent to Arlan that Serra wished more for him to figure things out on his own as they trained rather than her holding his hand the whole time, and he preferred that. Arlan wasn't some child that needed gentle encouragement and a nursemaid overseeing him. No, he was a man grown and needed a master like Serra whom was willing to let loose of the reigns so that he could grown at his own pace. Though at the moment his skills in every aspect were still sub-par, thanks to Serra's teaching style Arlan had improved greatly in many aspects over the months. Now he just had to show his master that skill with a Lightsaber was another facet in which he could grow in.

"It's not quite as difficult as I had originally thought, but tough all the same." Arlan spoke candidly as he gripped the hilt with both hands as Serra had suggested. "The blade being weightless isn't necessarily the problem, just not being able to accurately judge the range of the saber without it. Fighting with one of these using just normal senses is nearly the same as fighting blind, but with the Force...." Arlan continued whilst eyeing the training saber suspiciously. "No. Using the Force may well make using one easier, but the movements needed still must be burned into one's mind. The Force may well be a tool for Jedi to use but I don't want to rely on it for everything. Once I get the basics down I can begin training on applying it to what I know, but I will not train to be reliant on it."

Many of Sera's former students were often times brazen, wild swings and abandoning all caution in hopes of cutting whatever was in front of them in half like some type of savage. Arlan was calm and collected. He understood his flaws and lack of prowess with the weapon. Despite his reluctance and trepidation it would only aide him in growing and understanding where he needed to further train.

"You will come to find your stride, a simple balance between instinct and the Force. To rely wholly on one over the other is a mistake." She offered him a bit of wisdom she'd come to learn on her own over the years. "Listen to the Force, and follow your instincts. It has saved my hide more times than I care to recount."

There was a few moments of pause, allowing Arlan to collect himself once again. "Come, again. Give me everything you have. Don't hold back. I want you strike at me as if these were not training blades and your life was on the line. There won't be many times like this where your blade is drawn and you are not fighting for your life." A hard truth to swallow perhaps, but an important one to be aware of.

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Serra spoke advice first, always the mentor and guide, yet her words ended with a challenge of sorts. A smile crept across Arlan's lips, the quick flash of white in his grin shortly thereafter disappearing. Eyes fixated on his master's movements, grip tightening around his saber's hilt, a slight flutter in his chance from the apprehension of combat. All things Arlan had faced since he was young, yet in this situation a strange air lay over him. He knew he was no match for his master in an actual fight, he also knew that she knew that better than he did. Arlan was stubborn, had been all his life, so admitting he could not overcome an opponent was no simple thing to him. When he first began assisting his father one of the first lessons he was taught was to press on with all you had, to fight until you fell limp. The second was knowing when you were beaten.

So here Arlan stood trying to press his body into a situation it had long since been programmed to avoid. Serra had no weaknesses apparent to his eye so Arlan's body stay cemented in place. She had told him to come at her with all he had, yet doing so was harder for him than she could possibly realize. A deep breath entered Arlan's lungs as he flourished the saber in his right hand and took a step forward. Heart beating, mind racing, Arlan was propelled by nothing but the singular will of his master. The fall of his second step ended with hi pushing off towards Serra with all his strength, putting both weight and strength behind his saber as he thrust it towards her. His eyes would continued watching her movements, waiting for the parry and preparing his next strike.

There was something Arlan did have on her, as did most others. The Twi'lek was anything but physically strong with regard to raw power. The woman relied on grace, finesse, maneuverability, and gymnastic prowess to perform duels. These were her strengths, strengths she played to quite well. After all, she'd not been cut down yet, and had endured a great many battles up to this point in time. She could sense the strike as it came in an incredibly powerful thrust forward. Her curiosity got the better of her in the moment, interested in learning just how much force the man put behind such a strike. Her hands tightened around the hilt of her saber, preparing for the strike against her body.

A single step back would grant her the stability needed to receive the blow, her hands angling the blade slightly off center to receive the momentum of the blade and thereby distribute it through her body and down her pivoted legs. Her arms flexed as their blades clashed, the woman shifted back, noticeably enough to see visible results, though she was hardly attempting to deflect the strike, more simply sating her appetite to understand his power to better gauge her coming actions.

Pulling back the woman back peddled a few steps, entering into a defensive guard once more. "Your strong, I certainly couldn't say otherwise. But do not rely solely on brute force, lest it be turned against you. Had this been a true fight, I would have only blocked just enough to redirect your own saber and disarm you at the hand. Be mindful of your momentum, where your blade will land when it follows through, not just the attack. Be sure you have the ability to withdraw and parry yourself if the need arises."

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Arlan stopped, his breath bated and sweat pouring form his brow. His training had not been long, yet it took a large toll on him all the same. Fighting with a saber was so foreign to him, so queer in his hands, Arlan found himself making rookie mistakes when wielding it. No amount of experience in fencing could prepare one for the rigors of Lightsaber training, and because of that he had made a near fatal mistake when charging his master. Everyone that's ever had even the most basic of sword instruction knows you do not put all your weight behind your blade unless you are sure the edge will find it's mark, and you never do it against a more seasoned warrior. If Serra had wanted she could have made Arlan learn a hard lesson by counter-striking during his folly, yet her kindness once again shown through as she offered simple advice instead.

"Yes master." Arlan spoke as he stood up strait and wiped sweat from his forehead. "I knew I had slipped before I even reached you, though I'm surprised still by your reflexes. You don't wear your experience on your sleeve but have a wardrobe full of it." Arlan smiled for a moment and twirled the hilt in hand yet again. He was slowly getting used to the weightless feel of the blade and becoming more accurate in judging where it would strike. His major shortcoming at the moment was his inability to call upon the Force in heightened states of stress, but Serra had promised doing so would come to him in time. "So when fighting another Jedi it's best to take a more cautious approach than one of offense and strength?" Arlan thought out loud and he paced the far side of the room before turning once again to his master and nodding. "Alright then, shall we have another salvo?"

Sera smiled at the man. There was a certain allure to teaching an older student. They understood better their faults and shortcomings. Arlan knew where his folly lay, and how to improve upon it. The Jedi gave a simple nod, craning her neck slightly and rolling her shoulders to relax herself once more. "The one advantage you can never give away in a fight is how much, or how little you know. Wear confidence, display it in your movements, and in your stance, but don't ever over-compensate or flaunt it. The advantage of your opponent not knowing your strengths is the greatest advantage you could have." She could not have spoken truer words. Each time she had encountered an opponent more skilled than she, her survival had depended on that enemy not knowing what she was and was not capable of. To display confidence in the face of fear was a victory in and of itself.

"I have never personally been the type to engage an opponent. I prefer they come to me. It allows me to gauge their speed and tactic, their direction and their intent. Drawing on the Force will aide you in your response, and help guide your defense into a suitable offense to quickly and effectively end a duel." With a flick of her wrist the vibrant plasma sword spun once more in her hand. "For the sake of training I will be that opponent for you. Allow your mind to remain open to the Force, but do not concentrate on it. Let the energy flow through you and guide your hand as another sense - an extension of your inner self." As quickly as the final words rolled from her tongue, Sera's pink form charged towards Arlan, in a blinding flash the blade was cast horizontally across towards his ribs before reverting direction back again, only to be followed up by a wide sweep of the blade towards the student's knees.

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Bravado was one area Arlan has never been lacking in. Prideful as a man can come, Arlan's dealing with less than righteous souls over the course of his career had taught him it was far better to feign confidence than present a lack thereof. Of course what Serra was asking of him was a bit less of boastful gratification and more assurance of ability. Still, confusing an enemy by through deception was a tactic Arlan could get behind. He could easily see the application of this method in a duel between Force users, but there was a small problem with his current situation. Serra knew all too well his lack of training, both practical and applied. Trying to coerce her into believing his skill was more than it was would be impossible for obvious reason, but he would display it nonetheless. Arlan readied himself for his master's attack, and then Serra came.

Following her movements were difficult, but doable. Arlan could only surmise that his master was holding back for his benefit, a fact that he was both thankful and a tad irked by. Before he truly registered her position Serra was upon him the hissing of her saber penetrating Arlan's ears. Twas a feat of sheer instinct that Arlan's own saber found it's way to his midsection, meeting Serra's with a loud crackling hiss. A quick flourish and his master recovered, striking again. Once more Arlan found his hands moving more deftly to intercept his master, parrying her training saber as it changed direction with near inhuman speed. it was then Arlan realized it was more than instinct guiding his hands, it had to be. He knew his body's limitations all to well, and a year ago there was no way he could have followed the both of Serra's saber. It was an unconscious feeling, but a present one. Arlan thought that perhaps this was the flow of the Force that his master spoke of just moments ago, then his train of thought was interrupted altogether.

A seering pain bit into his leg as Serra's saber made contact, sweeping Arlan's leg out form underneath him and sending him tumbling to the floor. For a moment Arlan said nothing, simply staring at the ceiling with a slight smile upon his face. A slow chuckle began to rise from deep within his chest as he pushed himself up. "I think I felt it." He laughed a bit more. "The Force I mean, guiding my hands. Not your saber crushing my kneecap."

The Twi'lek's thumb dropped over the activator switch of the saber and it fell into place beside her hip. A pink hand reached down as she leaned over, offering her student a hand up from where he lay. "You did. It is not something you have to think about, the more you connect with the Force the more you will feel it surrounding you." Sera pointed to his injury, "That, however, is thankfully just a miniscule sample of what would happen if that were anything but a training saber." The woman raised her free hand, pulling aside the fabric of her shirt to expose her shoulder. Along the top was a rather large composition of scarred skin. And while not terribly disfiguring, it was easily noticeable. "My first real encounter with a Sith left me that little memento." She explained, "I never quite felt that type of unimaginable pain before. And that was hardly life threatening."

Once Arlan got to his feet the Jedi would kneel down to observe the burn along his leg. One hand was placed gently along the side of his knee, the other just a few inches over the injury. A deep breath was drawn into the female's lungs, followed by a silent exhale and closed eyes. A small glow between her hand and his injury would radiate, and the man would feel a small warming sensation as the burn would slowly fade from his skin. Sera was hardly a healer in any real capacity, but she had finally learned after all her years how to mend minor burns, cuts, and open wounds. It wasn't much, and it wouldn't likely safe a life, but it was something. It was a tiresome exercise, drawing the living Force from one body to another, something she couldn't quite understand how healers were able to perform brink-of-death resuscitation. When she finished the glow would disappear, and she would rock on her feet, sitting on to the floor on her bottom, hands on her own knees with a soft sigh.

"There we are."

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom