Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of Having My Butt Kicked (HK-36)

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
#1 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

@HK-36

It had been brought to her attention that the little Jedi was lacking in one important area. Combat was not her strength at all. In her years outside of known space, it was rare she ever needed to draw her blade at all. A simple force push sent folks running and violence rarely occurred on her transports. Some planets were nasty but people feared her "magic". Which is likely the only reason she was still alive. Still there were some places that terrified her. So dark, so sinister, that she only bought the ticket on the very next transport out no matter where it was headed.

One more go around with nightmares and Sarge reminded her of her weaknesses. He could pin her so easily and there was little other than the force she could use against him. Something that bothered her but she never allowed to show. She'd been told by others in surgery to seek out HK-36 aka the Iron Knight. A shudder came recalling the last meeting. The loyalty evaluations. Still she found her way to his office. This was something that was required now. She had to keep up.

It was after work and she was still in a set of light green scrubs, the standard color for surgery. Her rank affixed to the front pocket, and her badge hanging just a little lower in the pocket. She was tired but not enough to sleep. Not at all these days. Dark circles always beneath her eyes from the nightmares that tormented her sleeping hours. Giving a light rap on his door she hoped he was still here.

"Iron, sir? Do you have a moment?" Her voice quiet as ever, still unsure that this was truly a good idea at all. Maybe they are just making a joke at my expense down in surgery.

348hlow.jpgja9k.pngHealer_zps429cc9e0.jpgOfficer.png​

#2 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

@Coryth Elaris
HK's office was nearby the Sentry Quarters, it was a small room, filled with documents and collections of datapads, on one wall there was hanging a painting of rusty hands holding a newborn baby, it was HK's memory of delivering his adopted grandchild, on his desk there was a picture of himself, without armor in his old body, holding three ropos that licked and cuddled in his arms. He was sitting on his desk, filing a report when Coryth entered
"Iron, sir? Do you have a moment?"
HK looked up from the datapad he was scribbling in, he reached over to a lamp on the desk, turning it on to fill the small room with light, before that only his glowing red photoreceptors were visible, he nodded to Coryth
"Miss Elaris, hello, how may I help you?"
He looked down to the datapad, finishing the report he was scribbling and signed it, looking back to her as he put the stylus of the datapad down
"It is rare people stop by my office unless it is to drop more paperwork."

KRbYgJs.jpg6g9b3o.jpg9jqCvba.jpgtumblr_mrhw4cwu161sxkosfo1_250.png​
hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
^Signature made by Tirdarius​
"Oh, and I am not an HK droid."
"Growl."

#3 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

@HK-36

She smiled warmly, a little shyer than she was the first time they met. The nerves gone completely from her, no fears present save for what she was about to ask. A sigh followed as she stood in the room with him, her hands clasped behind her back neatly. "Well, at least I'm one of the special few. But I have something to ask. A favor of sorts. That is if you have time for such."

Giving a small nod, she went on trying to keep her thoughts together. "It's come to my attention that I'm sorely lacking in one particular area. One that you might be able to help me with. You see sir... Given my height," At 4'11" She was tiny by all standards, weighing a little under a hundred pounds. "My strength in general, I've never been much of a fighter." Reaching up she rubbed at her eyes, hardly believing what she was saying "At best, I can defend with a saber for a little while, but I have no strength behind it. And pressing the attack has always lead to disaster. I know, with coming battles, coming wars, I will one day soon have to defend myself in a very real way."

Another sigh came as she dropped her hands back to her sides. "I don't know what else to do. I don't and won't always have the luxury of hiding behind others and hoping they will save me or relying on the force."

There was something more she had to add. "You see with me, healing, it takes a lot from my body. I solely reserve the force for it because of how much it drains away from me. The more actions I do with the force in a short time, the less able I am to heal, if that makes any sense to you." It wasn't an endless pool of energy for her. It had very real limits. Painfully so. "Only if I am desperate will I use the force to get out of bad situation. So this leave me weak and nearly defenseless. This is something that cannot remain that way. Do you think you might be able to help me? Maybe train me a little?" Her voice, ever so timid on the two final questions. Her eyes had dropped to her feet, unsure if he would be willing, but she hoped.

#4 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

@Coryth Elaris
"Yes, of course, I would love to."
Droid nodded, standing up from his seat, his body slightly clanking as he moved in his heavy armor, motioning for Coryth to leave the office
"I was one of the best trainers the Knights of the Old Republic had. Many of my students became Grandmasters or Councillors, one even became a Sith Emperor, infamous for his combat skills. It was not the case of student surprassing the teacher, however, he died by my hands."
HK said, recountng the tale as he led Coryth outside of the small office, closing the door behind him with an electric card
"Let us head to the training arena. Have you received formal training in the Jedi Order on combat?"

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#5 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

@HK-36

She seemed genuinely relieved when he agreed to help. Stepping outside, she listened intently to him. This seemed a good start. Not one she was expecting, but a good start. "I was not aware of that. That's ... amazing." It was astonishing to the little Jedi. He'd done so much, such great students, but still he remained a touch better. Made her feel a little more intimidated by him.

She bowed her head, with a sigh. "A lot of training. A good ten or twelve years of it. My master, a very young knight, I his first padawan, so I think that has a few things to do with it. Just never seemed to pick it up well and retain it. Always was more interested in books and the healing halls. Things I could do with my mind came much easier than things to do with my body."

She fell quickly in line just a little behind him and to his right. "I'm still not that familiar with the place, so you'll have to lead the the way." A bag on her shoulders, a simple change of clothes. Her scrubs, not exactly something to train in. This, all something she had clearly put some thought into.

HK-36

#6 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

@Coryth Elaris
HK nodded
"Well I had plenty of experience, I can not teach you how to control the Force, but I can make you an expert with a lightsaber or a sword, fortunately for you, my office is close to training area, I give my troops lessons in free time."
It was really a short walk to the training ring, soon enough the smell of sweat and rumblings of soldiers training, among with clatter of metal equipment, would start to reach Coryth

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#7 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

@HK-36

"The force I am not worried about. I have small flaws and issues with it's use. But I should not be able to use it endlessly without consequence."

Even now she was starting to hear the sounds coming from the ring, and wondered a bit if that was intentional being so close. "Before I came to the temple I already had a lot of talent in it, including knowing how to heal my own wounds before I came to the temple, just issues of control. There are even a few skills, most have little idea about." A soft smile crossed her lips, proud of one in particular. "Being able to render myself invisible, has been ... handy. Though it requires every bit of my concentration to maintain and it quite draining but it can fool pretty much every organic. Droids, not so much, my heat signature still remains behind."

"Its the mental side of the force that I am fine with. Just, not .. this." A hand dropped to the small white cylinder at her waist, engraved along it's length. Her oath scrawled out in an elegant script but her own hands, having taken hours to do so. "I wish I knew why I struggled with it so much. Most things come naturally to me, so it's a sore spot that I have no particular gift for lightsaber combat or swords, or anything of that nature. Still have to have Sarge teach me a blaster. Some place, a saber, isn't the best weapon for. But that he did agree to training me. Said he'd make a marksmen of me yet. Not sure, an idea I am comfortable with." And maybe that was her problem. She was so focused on healing the wounds from weapons that she could not wrap her mind around using one to wound, maim or kill herself.

#8 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

@Coryth Elaris
"I am not trying to be hurtful, but you enjoy to talk, miss Coryth, do you not?"
The droid commented as they were about to enter the training area, HK stopped suddenly
"And Sarge is a good fellow, like I have told him once, I consider him a friend, a rival, and a role model. He is a great hunter and marksman, companion.. He is brutal like me and he can be merciless to enemies, and he can be a great boon to friends. Do you know the main difference between me and him, however, miss?"
HK slightly glanced back to Coryth
"Sarge is loved, no one wants to come so close to a droid, and when they did, I was either forced to kill them or abandon them."
He gestured for her to follow him into the training area where there were still few soldiers in the training area practicing, few of them stopped and saluted to HK as he passed, he was a pretty well-known OP operative, popular among soldiers. The droid stepped into the ring, taking off his armor attachement, leaving himself only in his old steel-grey HK body, he armed himself in his training lightsaber, activating it, Coryth could feel an immense aura of the Light Side of the Force coming from the lightsaber, or at least the blade of it. HK turned around to face her, his lightsaber drawn.
"We will taste your abilities by you attacking me, remember, however, more than anything practice the form known as Zero, the peaceful form. The lightsaber are more than anything are weapons of peace, draw them only in defense, take life only when necessary and only to save another life."
HK took a Makashi stand
"Now, attack."

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#9 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

@HK-36

She gave a small shake of her head. Talking wasn't something she really enjoyed. It was a nervous comfort in a way. "Sadly, no. I .... ramble on when I'm nervous. A habit I have yet to been able to break. I apologize if it seems too much. I am trying to tone it down."

Her brow furrowed at HK's words. Something she found deeply saddening. It was clear he wasn't a normal droid by any means, but everything he said made her feel for him. "For that I am sorry. Breaks my heart to hear words like that. All beings should be loved and cared for in some form or another." It was all strange to her. Droids tended to make her nervous, even more so when it was clear that they were beyond just simple programming, where they became something else.

With a nervous glance to the Iron Knight, she rolled up her sleeves, showing a series of deep crisscrossing scars across her forearms, but they did not end there covering most of her body, save for face, neck and hands, even her bare feet on the floor at the same pattern across them, clear marks of torture. Scarcely a square inch of skin existed without the markings. Strange thing about them, even though they were just a little over a decade old, they still looked fresh, as if she had just stepped out of a hospital a few days prior.

She gave a nod to him as she unclipped her saber from her belt. For a second she toyed with a dial changing it from it's normal fatal strength to nothing more than a practice saber. For she had no desire to hurt HK-36 in any form.

"If you only knew how seldom I have drawn this blade." In her years as a Jedi, she could count back to .... five instances she drew it for defense. The time on the darkside, something she never counted in that equation. Somehow she had a feeling he was going to know just how little she used her blade here in just a moment.

Taking a deep breath she had to actually gather the courage to step forward into the ring with him. A press of a button and the crisp green blade ignited with a familiar snap-hiss. Another breath, trying to talk herself into this. Finally she gave up, widened her stance, knees slightly bend to allow for quick movement changes from foot to foot. Looking up to HK-36, she finally sprung forward, closing the distance between the pair. Commit Cory or don't bother. She reminded herself as she lifted her blade up, swinging down towards his left flank. Her attack, weak sloppy and without much force behind it. Timid in truth and she was with such combat. The idea of hurting another was hard for her to deal with.

#10 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

@Coryth Elaris
HK parried her easily, keeping her blade at bay with just enough power, although he would have no problem batting it aside. He looked at Coryth as she got close to him, speaking in his cold voice, the red glow of his photoreceptors washing over her face, blending in with the redness of her hair.
"Breath, miss Coryth, and try to relax, combat is not something to cause destruction and collateral damage like the Sith think, it is not about maximum slaughter. Combat is like a dance, Coryth, it is filled with grace mixed with ferocity and passion, combat and duels are emotions, as much hate as love, Echani are right to say that you learn the most about a person through combat with them. If Mandalorians and Echani ever worked together to combine their techniques, they would create the ultimate fighting style."
HK spoke as he countered attack, watching Coryth's movements, utilizing his high speed calculations and cutting-edge sensors to find and exploit gaps in her defense, delivering only small touches of his blade to her body, if he would be able to touch her at all.
"You need to lose yourself in this dance, Coryth, the main fundamental is keeping eye contact with your opponent at all times, I do so with sensors, scanners, and calculations, you are to do it with instincts, emotions, and the Force. Reach out and try to find me, try to find my flow and adjust to it. It will be easier for you, you have the gift of precognition, you need to learn to consciously utilize it at smaller scale, foreshadowing my next move."

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

HK-36

#11 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

@HK-36

"Relax?!" That something she never seemed to get her head around. "How in the worlds am I supposed to do that? That's like telling someone who's underwater to breathe easy!" Distracted, a hiss came from her as his saber brushed against her forearm to a brief moment. "Ow! Forgot how much that could hurt!" She grumbled. Not that the real thing hurts any less... Shock is a beautiful thing....

Taking a breath, she took a few steps back from HK-36 and watched for a second as he came back at her. Her eyes meeting with his, though she had to admit they seemed so strange to her. Not what she was used to by far. A few hits would get through every now and then, and those that did were alarmingly in critical areas. Defense did come a little easier, though her low back was a weak point, one that he reminded her of ... three times. Right now she wanted space for a moment. A simple lofted hand and she gave a hard push in the force, to give her what she wanted. It was still tempered mention to push him back no further than eight to ten feet.

Flustered, and a little frustrated his words were starting to sink in. Something about him, mention the precognition flipped a small lightbulb on in her mind. That was something she'd never thought to use it for. She could see the future. So why not gain more control over it, fine tune it and use it to see the next few attacks, to be one step or even three ahead of her opponent. It was possible. Difficult to master but possible. "Never considered that." She gave another smaller push with the force. Wanting a small moment again, this time to talk.

"I may have to seek another out to help hone that skill, for this use. Not sure something I can just push for this second. But I will work on it." She said as she parried another strike away from her little body. It would become clear soon that she wasn't attacking so much as just parrying and pushing his attacks off. She seemed more than hesitant to go on the offensive. It was taking a while for her to find any bit of a groove, more clear how little she practiced in her time away from the galaxy at hand. She just wasn't quite there yet.

This time, for a brief moment she closed her eyes, took a breath and plunged herself into the force. Maybe less than a second had passed. Drawing upon the power, she started to pull on it, using it to see where she needed to be to find the flow that he had spoken of. It was always strange to reach out and touch on a droid with the force, the feeling she always got back, was strange, buzzy in nature and odd, cold even. It felt like static across a bad com channel to her. But soon enough she was touching on what he had spoke of. None of this was particularly easy for her. Finding peace in the middle of a battlefield, or in this case the training ring never easy. But she needed that power as the hits that were getting through her defense a clear sign she'd be in trouble in the field if this ever came up.

Finally she seemed to have found some sort of groove of her own. Fewer attacks got through but still she remained only on the defensive, not pushing or pressing the attack. Only rarely would she actually strike to hit him. A strike to the left shoulder, to the right knee, left ankle, lower strikes she had a little more ease with, a little more power but there wasn't much. Strength in the muscular form, was never to be hers, not with her size and build. The attacks, still weaker, more timid than they should have been for someone who as capable of such explosive power and even rage at times. Something the Iron Knight had witnessed first hand only days ago.

Her eyes rarely left HK-36's now. Always watching, her feet moving quickly across the floor as she bounced back and forth from foot to foot. For all the talking she had done before HK, it might have been odd to see her so quiet now, but this required so much of her concentration, so much of her will to stay focused and keep him from wiping the floor with her completely. Some things were sinking in, others ... well time would tell.

#12 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

@Coryth Elaris
Pushing on the droid with the Force proved harder than Coryth could suspect, the magnetic claws on HK's feet scraping along the ground, slowing the movement down and requiring more concentration to make him move, but he always took that step back willingly to give her move room to breath in.
"Good"
The droid commented
"If you can feel droid's presence in the Force, you will be able to do so much easier on organic opponent. Sense my movements, predict them with your instincts. Think of Soresu, the Form of Resilience, and of Makashi, the Form of Contention, both forms relying on patience and defenses to wear down opponents or to wait for that perfect moment to strike back."
The strikes of the droid began to pick up on pace, they were simple strikes, quick slices, at her shoulder and sides, his blade began to make that buzzing sound in the air as it cut faster and faster, starting to sound like a landmower, or a buzzsaw.
"Because of your stature you lack in physical ability, but that is a deception, looks deceive. You are powerful, even if you do not believe in it yourself. You are powerful, because you are a Jedi, you have the Force, many of us do not, we have to compensate in numerous other ways. All you need to do is start believing in your strength, and the Force will do the rest for you, you will be its sword and hand, just as your lightsaber will become your hand, an extension of you. Believe yourself, and like a flower, you will bloom."
HK tried to sneak in a slam in there, it was an open-hand push attack, aimed at her solar plexus, middle of her chest, if it would hit it would sent her back as any force-push would, however, this would hurt more, since the push would be generated through kinetic energy, physical contact, instead of the Force.

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#13 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

@HK-36

It gave her some surprise to see how much harder it was to force him backwards with the force. She loathed to rely so much on it during a fight, because her tank was not infinite, she could not draw on that power forever and eventually tired out, possibly pass out if she pushed too far, too hard. It had happened before.

She gave a nod to him. "Droids are strange in the force, come like static on a comlink. Foreign, alien and cold." Another nod followed, confirming she had heard the rest of what he had said to her. It took her a second to recall the forms, the techniques that followed. Soresu was more her style, pure defense, little offense. If combined with another discipline, she could make it work. He had pointed to a good second to pair together. This she was going to have to do. She was going to have to become better at this if she wanted to not burden soldiers down with babysitting duties to make sure her butt was covered at all times. The wheels in her mind were slowly turning, taking the information in.

Her eyes widened for a moment, as he started to pick up the pace. Combined with the force leading him just a little in what she was seeing, the speed while at first had startled her, she fell into line quickly. It still wasn't as good as it should have been for a Jedi of her age, by far not nearly good enough. For a while she was keeping pace, pushing away his attacks almost with ease. She still had to put the force behind her strikes to combat his power. A strength and power she could not match unaided.

She wished for objects in the training ring, things she could draw into the fight. Her eyes darted briefly from side to side, as she searched, expecting something to be there. Crates and the like. She'd always used the environment around her to aid her battles. But here it was just them and she did feel a bit naked, unsure how to go about it on just saber skills alone. Everything he was saying made sense, it was up until the point that he mentioned her a flower.... She cocked her head to the side, inquisitively. "Did you just call me a flowe.." Her tone hadn't been an angry one, just confused. But with that distraction the blow landed hard, throwing her tiny body back a fair distance. A fast midair flip and a roll upon landing, and she was right back on her feet. A hand on her chest, the pain radiating through her. It had been a hard lesson. One she knew she needed.

For a moment or two she gasped for air, he'd knocked much of it from her lungs. A hint of fire now showed in her eyes, she wasn't pleased he'd been able to get to her. Eyes meeting his, she raced to meet him, with a speed her small body seemed to hide. A midair leap, aided with the force brought her over him and down behind, at least that was her plan, bringing a hard strike across his back, if it landed at all. She hoped. As she landed, a hand rose, once more throwing the force at him hoping to push him away to get another opportunity to strike again. Bold open attacks were not her style, but .. he'd just knocked the crap out of her. The time for bold moves was now. Either way, she stood lightly on her feet, ready to spring forward or away at any second.

The only downside, being ages since she'd fought like this, this hard... Using the force this much and as heavily as she had to, she was tiring out far faster that most Jedi would have. But with a full day of healing and this training at the end, she was already on half empty to begin with. Saddest part was that Coryth didn't believe in herself at all. Did not believe she could be powerful, strong. She had the force sure, but it had definite weaknesses for the little redhead. Weaknesses she was fully aware of.

#14 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

@Coryth Elaris
"A pretty flower."
The droid corrected her, watching Coryth fly back, having the air knocked out of her brutally, she rushed forward, a new flame and will to fight sparking in the small Jedi as she rushed at the droid and flew over him, HK watched her coolly, without any outward emotion
"There it is, the flame I have been waiting for, cherish that fire but do not let it consume you like the Sith do, it is the flame that fuels your forge, not the pyre that becomes your doom."
As Coryth did a salto above HK she could see a very particular move the droid utilized before she even touched the ground, he engaged his rotary motors at high speed, turning himself into a walking horizontal buzzsaw
General_Grievous_BuzzSaw_by_krakenwarrio
Coryth would also discover one of the droid body's abilities, his head could turn all the way around, 360 degrees with built-in gyros. Safe to say, the lightsaber strike was paried, if not thrown away all together, by the buzz-saw move, claws on HK's foot digging deep into the ground as he recognized the somatic gesture for the Force push, his rotary motors stopping in preparation for defense against the Force. When the push came, the droid's claws would not budge from the floor, entrenching him deeply, his body bending back from the telekinetic push, his head still looking directly at Coryth as he reached with one hand to support himself and anchor further, his other hand still holding his white-blade lightsaber to parry any other strikes. As soon as the Force push stopped and HK had moment to react, the repulsorlift in droid's feet activating as the claws released from the ground. HK's legs shot upward as if they were nothing, small cloud of dust raising with the displacement of the air caused by the burst from repulsorlifts, if Coryth was not careful, she would receive a nasty kick to upper torso or jaw by the raising legs. The legs bended back when they reached the highest point, bending away from Coryth, the droid pushing himself off of the ground with one arm, sending himself back into upright standing position, this time facing Coryth, as HK performed the acrobatic attack, trying to deliver a sweeping lightsaber slash, going from Coryth's feet up to her shoulder.

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#15 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

@HK-36

A flower? Still that word really didn't register with her. Her a flower, never had a soul called her that much less a droid, until today.

In midair, she had seen it. Seen it coming. But alas too late for her to do too much about that. She braced herself hard upon landing, driving the force into her hands, arms, feet. Anything to keep his strike from connecting with her little body. . More power than she wanted to expend. Even the force push back had not gone according to plan. Why didn't I see this? She thought as she did a fast flip backwards, aided by one hand, springing some distance back from where she had started. That had saved her from the kick in the jaw, not something the little healer needed. The next attack narrowly avoided, just barely. The breeze moving over her chest and the hum in her ears, told her just how close he'd come. Too close, the girls ... just ow! One more thing she was glad for avoiding.

Now on her feet, she raced, distancing herself further to avoid the next attack. With her focus a little lost, she wasn't seeing far enough ahead to keep her on her toes. To keep her safe. Her body seemed to be going through the motions, movements she never knew herself capable of. Grey cold eyes surveyed the scene, trying to see the next move. The next moment she needed to prepare for. Frustrations were mounting as she simply wasn't able to keep up. Her visions, not allowing her to see far enough, to use it to help her. HK-36 vs. Coryth without the force, hands down would have her in a corner dead in a heartbeat if he were her true foe. Thankfully not the case. Even so with the force, she still wasn't at his level. No way. She had a feeling he could still crush her if he was trying.

I want crates! Something to play with! Annoyed by the lack of other things to bring in but she could do nothing about it now. And she suspected drawing anything else in might get her in trouble for breaking things that shouldn't be. Still she wondered.... Reaching out into the force, she started a small project as it were. As she raced forward, her empty hand open, fingers moving, she pushed hard at his arm holding the saber, trying to grip it and manipulate it away from her for a moment. Moving still she came and made a quick jab for the chest region. She doubted any of it would work at all. After all, he'd proven himself quite the challenge for the tiny little Jedi.

HK-36

#16 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

@Coryth Elaris
"Impressive."
HK commented as his attacks were evaded, getting back into Makashi attack stance, he was ready to receive another series of her attack, but then the force attack came, his claws digging in at first expecting another force push, but instead his arm began to move away, he tensed it, trying to wrestle against her grip, the metal body not budging once more that easily, still the arm was moved slowly
"Most impressive."
HK added, simply releasing the grip on his lightsaber to let it drop, his foot was right there, it shot from the ground when the grip released, catching the hilt of the lightsaber after split second, the force at which the claws were pulled out from the ground, and the speed, sent collection of dirt and small floor fragments flying at Cory, the lightsaber gripped by the droid's foot would have no problem swatting the jab aside. Once Coryth's grip on HK's arm would weaken, or if she still tried to pull on him to make him topple, he was standing on just one foot after all, would make the droid go into a cartwheel attack, utilizing either the pull from Cory's force grip or the energy he used to combat it to counter attack her after the surprise parry. This time Coryth would get five attacks thrown in her, the first one was the downward slash that came right after the parry, next was a kick and two sweeping slashes from talons hidden on droid's fingers, all of them downward, from her shoulder to her belly, followed by another lightsaber slash as the droid's body turned vertical full turn, to parry or counter-attack any lightsaber attacks Cory could throw at HK. Now, the attack left him more vulnerable to Force and lightsaber attacks, there was a moment where HK was bringing the lightsaber back at Cory from behind himself after just delivering the first parry-attack, plus the time when HK was balancing himself on his hands, utilizing repulsorlifts and gyros. HK was counting that his physical attacks would be repelled with Cory's lightsaber, for once the undersides of claws and talons HK used in attacks would make contact with the blade of Cory's lightsaber, her blade would flicker and go out, leaving her defenseless. Those were the only portions of HK's body where that hated metal used to make his body was not covered by the dense bronzium shell
Cortosis

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#17 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

@HK-36

Coryth's strengths were never in the use of her saber when in combat. They never were. As small as she was, she knew there was much ground to make up for, and well it was one of the reasons she so intensely studied more mental aspects of the force, illusions, making her self invisible, telekinesis, internal attacks, attacks on the mind, things that did not ever require physical power as she simply could not give that.

A tiny smirk came as she noted the effectiveness of her most recent attack but their wasn't much time to think on it as he moved like lightning to attack again. Dropping the saber to his foot, she was fast to duck as he kicked sending small chunks of the floor at her face. Her hands thrown up keeping most of it from her eyes. This left her vulnerable for a brief moment, before she could recover. With the force still clinging to his arm, she gave a hard yank trying to bring him to the ground.

Having the foresight, she knew what his next plan was seeing a few seconds ahead of the current moment. That alone was straining her force reserves and weakening her more than she realized but the resulting headache gave her a small clue. Unable to get back in time, she lt out a squeal as he raked down her chest. She had managed to move back just enough to make sure it was nothing more than scrapes but still left her clothing ripped open. As the next attack she tried to block with her saber she soon learned of the Cortosis as her saber flickered out.

Instantly and instinctively she threw her hands up, a protective bubble of the force wrapping around her body, keeping him from getting to her body. Opening her eyes, she seemed startled by the bubble, never having seen it happen before. But just as quick as it came, the shimmering field faded away. The second it fell, she bolted using the power of the force to give her the needed speed to keep away from him for a moment. Her hand on her saber, pressing the ignition switch desperately trying to get it back. She'd no idea where she was going with this, she just prayed she'd find a solution.

Finally she saw it, a short staff in the corner against the wall. Calling the metal pole, just a little taller than she, she reached out, clutching at it tightly as she clipped the saber back to her belt. For now it would help keep him off of her until she could use the light blade again. Though this had a clear disadvantage, weight. Her saber was nearly weightless, for this it had some heft to it, something the woman was not used to. Still there was a feeling in the back of her mind, that the fight wasn't going to last much longer. Each time she used the force it was becoming less and less effective for her, a concerning thought, but this worn this unused to training at this level, it almost wasn't a surprise to the little redhead.

#18 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

@Coryth Elaris
HK's last attacks were blocked by the protective bubble of Force, his claws tried to scrape and dig into it to no avail, Force could not be shattered like a physical object. Coryth jumped back then, summoning a metal stuff to herself, HK composed himself, going back into normal fighting stance,
"If you want to yield, just say so."
HK said, quickly advancing towards Coryth, white lightsaber in hand, staring down Coryth, he opened his attack with a slash of his training lightsaber to one end of the staff, aiming to either tip the staff, catching the opposite end, so he could then try to slam it down into the ground, trying to get it stuck in the floor, or to his Coryth's hand, which would probably disarm her for the rest of the fight

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#19 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 267 posts

Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

@HK-36

She cringed a little hearing him say that. If felt too much like giving up, far too much like that and she just didn't want to give in until all options had been exhausted, until there was nothing left to fight with. Too stubborn to know when to quit. Call it red headed nature, but whatever it was .. wasn't the wisest of choices.

She shook her head, a simple no, stubborn to the last.

The strike came hard against the tip of her makeshift staff. Even with the force for a brace, it tipped the staff down enough for him to grab a hold of it. A glance to the end of it, told her all she needed to know. It now stuck in the ground would be useless to her, utterly useless. A growl of frustration echoed through the training chamber. She'd little idea how she was going to make it out of this next challenge.

Eyes flicked about the room, scanning for something, anything! Nothing, nothing was there to help her now. It was her and the force, and that was it. If she was to continue, she'd have to be ... more creative than she had been in the last decade. Never did she recall a fight even in her own though limited experience that brought this kind of challenge to her. Some part of her liked the challenge, liked the way it made her think. The other part of her knew the training was no longer a game. No longer mere challenges and duels among friends. It was meant to save her skin, and she was going to have to take it a lot more seriously.

#20 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,776 posts

Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

@Coryth Elaris
HK held her at saberpoint, he expected another Force attack to come at him, his steps were heavy and left claw marks in the floor, he was ready to entrench himself at moment's notice. The droid tried to deliver another quick hit to Coryth, an open-palm strike to her solar plexus to send her flying back again, hopefully, and on her butt,
"Remember that Jedi is never defenseless, you still have the Force and your own hands."
The droid commented, martial arts could save her life in a situation like this, the droid wondered how much Force attacks more could she throw at him, she looked tired after all.

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

HK-36

#21 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 287 posts

Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

@HK-36

Her chest rose and fell fast with hard, labored breaths. She was more worn than she'd been in ages, sweat dripping from every pore, her clothes long ago soaked. As he advanced, she kept moving back doing her best to maintain distance knowing she'd need it. Need it to give her time to come up with another plan. Another idea. Something, she needed something she could use. Something to get him back from her.

The strike came fast, and in response Coryth leaped vertically, using the force to carry her up and over the droid, to land nimbly on the other side of him. A stumbled step back, showing her exhaustion, as well as a lack of concentration. She had heard him, loud and clear, but the question was given her exhaustion, limited resources how she could bring this to an end. No ... I have a feeling this I will lose. He can go on much, much longer than I. This will end soon. She just hoped she might have some dignity and pride left by the time it was over.

She didn't attack this time, just waited. She needed to see what he'd do next to work some kind of plan out. Somehow she'd figure something that resembled a plan out, something that might work. Just hopefully she'd last that long.

#22 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,925 posts

Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

@Coryth Elaris
"Stand down, Miss Elaris, the odds are stacked against you, end it while you are still ahead."
HK quickly aimed himself forward, shooting with his repulsorlifts, dust raising as he launched himself as a projectile at Coryth, slam like that into her would be bad enough, the droid engaged his rotary motors in mid-air, turning into a flying buzzsaw of white light, aimed right at Coryth. As his body flew at her, his head remained stationary, watching her, calculating. If he would hit, it would give her a nasty bruise from the fast hits of training lightsaber, the line of energy blade aimed at Coryth's upper torso and shoulder, adjusted this time in case she will try to jump over the droid or up again, she would escape a hit to her chest, but he would still be able to knick her legs and feet this time.

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#23 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 287 posts

Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

@HK-36

This time, she seriously considered his words. Everything was stacked against her. She knew it. He knew it.

Seeing him coming at her again, this time eyes widened, more than just a little concerned at what she was seeing. No weapon, no protection aside from the force, she made her final leap upwards. The blade connected hard with her legs, sending her flailing through the air. Even as she tried to bring the force back under her control, tried to find something that would make the landing a little easier, nothing came. Her mind was done. Her body quite nearly there. She managed to bring her body around, instead of landing awkwardly on her legs or something equally as dangerous she came down hard on her back. All air in her body expelled in that single moment.

For a long moment she just lay there, in shock pain radiating through her small body. Her eyes wide, surprised at how it had come down and ended. Gasping harshly on the ground she tried to open her mouth to speak, but no sound came for a while save for squeaks and a few gasps. She lifted her head to look to HK, it was over now, she knew it. She lifted both hands in surrender, it was all the little woman could do, and then both arms fell back to the ground, still unable to move. Truly she wasn't injuried badly. A few bruises, scratches and some wounded pride, just in that moment her body needed to catch up, to be aware of such matters. Maybe at worst a few bruised ribs, nothing that would kill her or hurt her in the long run.

#24 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,925 posts

Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

@Coryth Elaris
HK watched her fall hard on her back, the hit connected to her legs and she raised her hands momentarily in surrender.
"That is another lesson to learn."
HK said as he deactivated his lightsaber, walking closer to Coryth, his claws and talons retracting back into his feet and fingers
"Never try to use the same trick more than once, each time you do, that is another chance for your opponent how to use it against you."
HK took out a holo-notecard, programming a message on it, it was address to his apartment
"You did well, lasted about as long as a Sith Knight in usual duel against me on average, but those are only statistics."
HK leaned down, putting the card in the waistband of her scrubs, considering the shirt was damaged in the duel
"Once you recover, go to this address."
He then scooped up the little Jedi Knight, lifting her up in his strong, metal arms
"There is a sick bay adjacent to this area in case of accidents, you can catch your breath there."
And get a replacement for her ruined scrubs

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#25 Coryth Elaris

Coryth Elaris
Short Stack of Fire

• 287 posts

Excellent

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

@HK-36

Coryth coughed, looking up at the droid. All she could do was give a nod, for the moment still moving air back into her lungs and try and recover on the floor. There wasn't a muscle that wasn't aching and sore. Those kind of fights, came few and far between for the little Jedi. Though, she just had a feeling given her most recent assignment, she'd be in the field more often facing new foes daily. Having to think creatively, on her feet all the time was going to be required of her. She wasn't just a healer at the back of the troops anymore. No. She was something entirely different. To which, even she wasn't sure what exact role she would play, only assuming it would come to her soon enough. In the meantime she got a babysitter.

Her eyes moved to the holo-notecard that he slipped into her waistband. Another cough came, now finding her voice, though soft and weaker than it should have been "I .. suppose ... that makes me." Another cough. "Feel better about this." She lifted a hand and pinched her fingers together. "Just a lil bit." It wasn't much but at least she didn't feel as terrible as she had thought she once was. A little confidence gained but not much.

It was the strangest of things, being lifted so easily from the floor. Always weirded her out. Then again, she was tiny compared to most. There was little she could to about it as he took her over to the sick bay. She gave a glance around, waving off one of the staff as she carefully, stepped down from HK's arms.

Looking back to the droid, she gave a bit of a nod, "Thank you for today, Iron sir. Showed me more weaknesses than I was previously aware of. I suppose for having no practice in a decade it's not as bad as it could have been. Lessons I needed before I stepped into the field. The stars know I'll need many more before I can count myself ready." Reaching down she pulled out the holocard and looked at it. "So, meet you there later as in a few hours, or a few days from now? Know I'll be sore for a while as it is."

#26 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,925 posts

Excellent

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

@Coryth Elaris
HK gave Cory a little pat on her head
"It was my pleasure to kick your buttocks, miss Cory, I did not had a good duel in quite a while."
He gave a small nod, folding his hands behind his back
"Meet me whenever you feel like it, it is up to you when you want to continue the training, whether to wait and regain strength or keep the momentum going."
HK nodded, taking a step back to the door
"Up to you."
He repeated, giving Cory a nod
"May the Force show you the path, Flower."
And with a salute, HK was off to do his other duties, and pick up his armor from the training ring, he took it off before duel after all, anyhoo, Cory would be left to recuperate and regain her strength

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom