Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on Master votes

This isn't me suggesting any kind of rules change whatsoever, just running an experiment.

The Jedi Academy project aims to do all Master votes IC, and that's something I've adopted for the Underground. My strong suspicion is that it'll increase intra-faction connections, be good RP, and give the candidates a chance to make an impression (in whatever direction) on the characters and writers that aren't hugely familiar with them. Since the Underground's first IC Master vote just went up, though, all I've got is guesswork, so I figured I'd put it to the community.

Are there other factions out there that have tried running their Master votes primarily or exclusively IC? Has it worked out for you? What kinds of lessons have been learned, maybe, about how to run threads like that effectively?

I very much like this idea. The only problem I come across as this, is the actual posting. If someone has a lot of questions, or receives a boat load, this can be overwhelming for some who are not all used to Roleplaying. So from my point of view, I love this, however, I could see how others wouldn't. So maybe put something up as asking the candidate first if they would mind doing it IC.

Other than that, and the actual time to consider posting, I have no qualms against this.

Cheers to you.

[member="Wanderer EXO"]

So you've come across issues when candidates have trouble responding to massive posts? That definitely sounds like something worth avoiding, lol. Kind of strikes me as a balance -- nothing wrong with making someone work a little bit for their promotion; nothing wrong with making it clear to all participants that deliberately overloading/grandstanding/filibustering isn't classy.

[member="Jorus Merrill"],

I don't care if someone really wants to post a good 500+ word post about asking two questions, however there are some who on a minimum post a good thousand word posts. And when they get online to see 5 or more posts of asking questions that are walls worth of posts. It can be rather daunting and even stressful. Yes, I believe that it would be a learning experience and it can prove their worth, however, sending walls of posts one right after another is not classy.

*my two cents*

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I've never met anyone who would turn down a Tier 3 promotion or wasn't willing to wait 2 more weeks to accomplish another IC thread to attain it. Now, yeah, you always meet the character who is way too humble or ill prepared to acknowledge a promotion, (or their own God-given merits,) but I myself have never met anyone who outright refused to participate IC.

However, if a Tier 3 promotion comes with expectations amongst The Group? Those should always be mentioned aloud or somewhat common sense before it goes to the voting. The less surprises, the better. Especially if you're going IC all the way.

Ex:

Grant - "Congrats Terry! Now that your a Sith Master you can take over two of our Academy's, Moderate the Discussion Forum, run a Fleet Group during the Invasions, and post daily for a new group of students in the Training Room. Way to go on your promotion! Thanks for stepping up."

Terry - "Ack! I didn't know! I'm not doing all that!"

Grant - >.<

Terry - >.<'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom