Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those little moments that make you feel awesome!

I've been getting into Guild Wars recently, on account of [member="Aleidis Ijet"] dragging me into it kicking and screaming. I adore it, and I'm just now getting close to max level. Tonight, I had a couple of moments that are going to stick with me for a long time, like taking two champion-ranked enemies solo in the same evening and feeling my build flesh out and finally start coming to fruition.

So with me on the buzz of being totally awesome and ruggedly tanking my way through group bosses, I figured I'd pose another question to the gaming forum. We all have those moments in gaming that you never forget. The moments you feel awesome, like an army unto yourself. What about you guys? What are some of your "I am a total badass" gaming stories?

J3C0

J
Catching a Lucian with a Morgana bind after they flashed.

Stunning an entire enemy team with Leona so your mostly assassin comp team can destroy them in 5 seconds flat.

Throwing out a Thresh Lantern and Hook, both perfectly timed to create the perfect gank.

...I've been playing too much League.

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Place: cs_milita
Game: Counter-Strike: Source

It was the last two hostages. Two hostages had been killed in an exchange of AWP and CV47 fire. My teammates lay dead, scattered in the rush for the tunnels or slaughtered in an attempt to get up to the front of the house. I cut through the tunnels early to get to the house. Luckily, I hadn't been deep sixed on my way in.

Shells poured out from their guns as they peppered the wall around me. I was down to one full clip left for the MAC10 I had to scrounge up. I could go upstairs and get the rifle from the dead guy upstairs, but that risked exposing myself for a fraction more of a second than I was willing to keep.

So, I took out my sidearm.

There's a reason it's one of the most iconic pistols in the world and in video games- it's big, loud, and shiny. I loved my deag. I put everything into it. So I waited, I waited until they figured out that pumping rounds into the wall where I was taking cover behind an old television set wasn't going to kill me. They'd have to work for their meal.

So I waited until they had to reload. It took about three seconds for a CV47 to reload in this game, and a bit longer for the M249. The guy with the SMG was probably already reloaded as I opened the door. The first guy, he was just sitting there, dumb founded. He had the big gun- the CV47. I popped a shot right into his neck, and I watched him crumble into death and I watched him go to spectator land.

The second guy, had probably just pulled the bolt back on his MAC10 and was about to rip into me like a fat kid with a Mars bar. That was before my gun screamed and he couldn't scream anymore. Then, there was the last guy. I turned my gun on him. And he thought he could out-cowboy me. I saw his gun fly, him dropping it to get to his sidearm quickly. I saw the familiar flash of silver and white hues. He was praying to the gods of the Deagle- but I had a better idea. I'd pray to my god at the time- the God of a headshot.

And that God granted me a smiting on the heretic like no other.

His body slumped up against the rock that blocked the Counter Terrorist from getting wholesale slaughtered like they were on sale in a department store, and there was a familiar tone.

Counter Terrorists win.

Damn right.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
In Halo 4, someone tried to Splatter me with a Ghost while I had my shields down. Apparently, I got nervous and clicked in the stick when I went to turn, thus punching the oncoming Ghost right before it struck me and causing it to blow up. That player was tight. Video on my File Share - gamertag is Tetsukitsune. Check it out on Waypoint.

In Halo 4, I got the highest killing spree rank possible in Griffball. It ended when I was teamkilled by some greedy **** coming up behind me.

In Halo 3, during a Flood game on Sandstorm, I got 48 kills in a row using a Warthog turret. The game caps out at 'Immortal' rank.

Reaching cap in WoW on my main after... four plus years; that felt pretty good. I never did play very consistently, but I was always more of a social MMO player back then. That's how I met one of my ex's... sadly and shamefully. She was actually quite cute - impossibru, who'd have thought, right? Well the tradeoff was that she was psychotic and suicidal. -_-

[member="Valeria Aetani"] Well, it happened tonight, so that'd be the second one. I'm running a dual sword/longbow condi and regen warrior. Rugged as all hell, but I'm not level 80 yet. I haven't had a chance to feel like it's really come together before tonight.

I solo'd a third champion mob after I made this opening post. The good feeling has persisted. M'yessss...

Evard L'Rik

Got Lightning Running Through my Veins
I've got a couple:

Game: GW2

There was one day where I just got sick to the teeth of melee classes, so I tried engineer. I went and did a mission six levels above mine.... And beat it....

TURRRRRRRRRETS!

Halo

Shotgunning a tank into oblivion.... And then taking the tank and shooting down the two dogfighting Banshees from across the map.... Then taking a Banshee and pouring plasma into the caves and hiding places....

I love Blood Gulch

SWTOR

That one moment when I realized that I was doing more DPS on my Sniper than the whole rest of the PvP group combined....

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Boston pier, Assassin's Creed 3. I've run too fast or brushed against the wrong shoulder and I know I'm dead, too many redcoats to run away. Something about Boston pier draws redcoats like honey. No way it's going to count for anything, but I keep going. Twelve minutes I'm sitting there, absolutely surrounded. By the time they kill me, the entire pier is covered with bodies. Can't walk a step without running into one.

Endgame, Prophet's palace, Bioshock Infinite. I've spent the whole game leveling my carbine/burstgun and sniper rifle, never using anything else if I can avoid it. Then I run into the lobotomized George Washington hordes and their suicide-bomber alarm-head watchmen, in close quarters, in waves upon waves. I die a lot, but there's this one room, somehow I find this tiny little spot where they can't get at me unless I twitch wrong, like I'm balanced on a spot a pixel wide. And me and my sniper rifle kill everything.

KOTOR, Star Forge. I didn't have a clue how stats or levelling work, didn't care, just grabbed upgrade stuff that looked decent and blundered my way through -- and that was for Revan, forget about companions. Didn't much care about mines, either; didn't fit my playstyle. Well, for whatever reason, I've got T3-M4 at my back as I waltz into the Star Forge, get an area or two past the front door, and promptly die. So does my other follower. At which point I've got some of the most powerful Sith in the game spawning in over and over, a set of very narrow single-channel catwalks, and one basically unlevelled droid. And a lot of mines. See, that droid moves fast, so I blitz past them, take a hit or two, repair if I can, lay a mine if I can before they catch up, maybe take another hit or two, run, mine goes boom. Repeat ad nauseum. Cleared the entire level as an undergunned T3-M4 by bullrushing my way past Sith and timing their attacks down to fractions of a second, spent the whole thing somewhere around 30% health. Takes me just over forty minutes.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
World of Tanks, El Halluf

I'm running a Panzer IV Ausf H and there's a self propelled gun left on our team. We're up against a KV-1 and a SPG on their team. I spend the next 5-8 minutes ducking and dodging around, harassing the KV-1 and enemy SPG, preventing them from capturing the spawn point. I'd managed to get six kills at this point as well. Eventually, the KV-1 gets a lucky shot and kills me, then kills the SPG a minute or two later.

We lost, but because I killed 6 tanks and kicked the crap out of the KV-1 while defending the capture point, I got Heroic Resistance, meaning I got the XP and Silver as if I'd won :D

The end of China's campaign.

22656_105796099445833_3704993_n.jpg

MiGs save me!

[member="Fabula Cavataio"]
You can still play the original, which is why I asked.

GW2 is great fun. Doing the jumping puzzles, falling to your death numerous times, finally getting to the top so you can see the view...priceless.

Also, SWTOR, kicking the crap out of the final boss with your Juggernaut/Guardian and not even having a chance to use all your powers...oh yeah.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
yeah it must be the helmet thing.

But since we are on the topic of Swtor final bosses

I defeated the Knight final boss as a guardian, 0.1 seconds before his instakill activated also to help my ego I had in interrupting skills left.

Also, this isn't really a big one, but it's the best I could come up with right now. Also, it pretty much changed the way I play games, so it was a pretty important event. I was playing firefight in Halo reach, and this ghost came at me. I kinda just thought, ah, what the hell, and I activated my jetpack and jumped right over it, perfectly timing a grenade throw to kill the driver and leave the vehicle almost completely undamaged and then spent the rest of the game in that ghost. Ever since, I've been willing to try out a cool move if I get an idea for one, instead of just discounting it as too risky. After all, even if you'll pay for it most of the time, those moments when you truly feel like a badass are what gaming is all about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom