Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about a new character

Okay, so I'm gong out here on a leg and am assuming that you have all watched/heard of the Rooster Teeth series known as Red vs. Blue. If you aren't familiar.... tough nuggy's. If you are, I wanted to base this LITERALLY last character entirely off of the antagonist known as... The Meta.
A Rogue Agent Maine from project Freelancer
Below I shall post up my char sheet and see what you think. I'm expecting my initial reactions to be "Way over powered dude." "Unoriginal dude." "Don't you have enough characters dude?" so try and come up with something different and help me tone him down a bit, because I made him (lol, "made") to be Da Boss.

So here it is, gimme yo praise an junk:

This is my Bio for The Meta
469px-Maine_about_to_kill.png

NAME: -
ALIAS: The Meta
FACTION: Freelancer (Formally)
SPECIES: Genetically Altered Human
HEIGHT: 2 meters
WEIGHT: 500 kilograms in suit (true weight unknown)
EYES: Unknown
HAIR: Unknown
SKIN: Unknown
FORCE SENSITIVE: Probably not, but if he is he couldn't train in it as the A.I.'s would be unable to comprehend it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS:

Extremely Dangerous: He his crazy strong, perhaps three times stronger than a very fit human, and his speed is unmatchable by nearly any human unless they are augmented by the force. He also has an eye of an eagle that gives him an edge in long ranged combat with a sniper rifle, but this doesn't stop him from destroy his targets with his bare fists.

A love for tech: He might be a brute, but this doesn't stop him from getting better and better technology, and using it well too. He has quite the aresenal of weaponary, and also variants of some weapons that aren't usually wield by non-force users.

A.I. assist: Most of his technological prowess comes from a little A.I., which also helps his already super human augmentation in areas that it still cannot complete, such as the brain power to understand complicated and unknown technologies within less than 5 minutes, and the how to use it in combat. It also acts as a spotter for when he is sniping, allowing for his one man party to attack from vaste distance's.

WEAKNESSES:

Irrationaly Insane: Due to his corrupted A.I. unit that was imbedded into his head, the Meta A.I. has been influencing the original human within the shell of armor into doing all these acts of terror. This causes sever migraines and constant head aches. It also makes him irrational in making decisions, or at least it seems irrational to everyone else simply because they do not know what the A.I. in his head is planning.

Posttraumatic Stress disorder: After so many reports of his injury, from lightsaber wounds into the weak points in his armor, to surviving numerous vehicular crashes and explosions, uncountable entery and exit wounds, and most account his lack of ability to speak to him surviving several rounds into the throat, most likely before he turned into the Meta. The wounds and scars across his body accumilate, and their phantom pains collect to increase his aggresion and irrationality. It has been reported by those who have been hunting him, that when alone he often screams in what is described as pain from what can only be assumed to be this disorder.

Dissociative identity disorder: Most have been lead to believe the Meta had only one A.I. assisting in his head due to his predicatable patterns of attack, though in truth there are many A.I.. We can never be sure though of how many are talking to him in his head, though from survivors of his attacks that have observed him communicating to his A.I.'s, with a collection of reports it can be discerned that there were at least 3 A.I.'s yammering in his head.

SHIP:
cr25troopcarrier.jpg
Stolen CR25 troop carrier (A.K.A. Republic dropship) that holds verious stolen droids, vehicles, and other armaments.

BIOGRAPHY: In a research facility, there were hopes of making the perfect soldier without weakness. Their plan to solve the problem was the perfect integration of an A.I. into a humans psych. It had unknown consequences that had been unforeseen. They originally implant a standard A.I. into a test subject, and although they got many good results from it with giving suggestions in battle to the human host, it simply was not advanced enough to handle everything. Thus it came to reason that thus far the only creative being advanced enough for the battles they envisioned, was actually indeed a human mind. So then, instead of copying the standard A.I., they instead recreated a human's psyche that could be implanted within the soldiers mind. They decided it might be best to implant their A.I. with an opposing personality, as if it was too similar it might simply absorbed into the soldier until they were the same psyche. It was initially good, but it eventually developed strange and adverse effects.

In the beginning it was good for the soldier to have another voice of reason, and it normally rationalized both of them when one suggested an idea to the other. But it eventually boiled down to the fact these were merely suggestions, and when one or the other attempted to rationalize in a way that seemed unfavorable, they began to ignore each other. It eventually came to the point where the test subject would be killed because it was too busy arguing with itself in its mind. It wasn't always this way with subjects, but it happened enough to become a worry to the effectiveness of the program. They eventually caught on that perhaps the problem wasn't rationalizing a creative soldier into the straight forward assualt thanks to the A.I., but was instead to override their psyche from repeating mistakes. This is where the Alpha as we know it began, as the project was enhilated and destroyed post project installation, ochestrated by none other than the Meta.

As the A.I. had become more than just a suggestive device, with the capability of altering its host from repeating weaknesses in the field, it was very soon that they realized that eventually overriding the soldiers actions made the A.I. the dominant personality of the symbiosis. It was originally intended that the human could override the A.I. to maintain ingenuity and creative solutions to certain problems. However, the A.I. being capable of controlling the humans to even a small degree put them into a position of power even they could not handle, as the A.I. as well was based on a human mind, and it too made mistakes and was subject to "emotion" driven desicions. It was through this that the subjects began to make new mistakes in place of old ones, as their mind began to be oppresed into accepting the new personality. It was then that gradually the human soldier would then simply become the A.I. that made suggestions, which lead to the same problems as before. That is why they then decided to experiment with something new, fragmentation of the A.I. human-based personality.

They began to realize that a full A.I. based upon a human persona was far too powerful and dominating than the human psyche could handle, so they reasoned that perhaps a controlling fragment might be weak enough for the human to control dominantly. They couldn't however, simply split up the A.I. equally into personality fragments by simple programing, as the programing made to generate the copied human personality was too much for the programmers to handle. So then they went into more unorthodox approaches, by torturing the A.I. into separating itself. With their brand new fragments they decided it would actually be best in this case to pair the fragment with the personality of an individual, but have it be focused on a weakness the individual had. It worked fairly well, as the fragment being similar to their host in personality, and although the fragment held control over the human's mistakes and jobs it can't handle, it didn't become the dominant personality, and it didn't fade away into becoming just another part of the human by being just different enough to be unable to fuse as one. It appeared for a long while that their mission had become a success, but not for long.

Whoever is behind that white shell of armor is unknown to everyone in the Galaxy, and anyone who could possibly know who he is, is no longer alive to tell the tale, with the exception to the few soldiers that escaped from him. Whoever he was no longer matters however, but for the sake of aguement, let us call him Main (as in the Main issue). At some point in time the determined soldier of a brute Main had been wounded in such a way that hinder his ability to speak, and although he survived it was said he would never speak again. His A.I., designated as Sigma, was originally intended to be installed into someone else. But she, being his friend, decided to give it to him as the A.I. actually matched him as well. Main though was not prepared, none of them were, for Sigma, as it had been the source of ambition and creativity within the orignal Alpha program. Though he didn't begin as the dominant personality, there was no doubt Sigma had an effect on Main.

At first it was nothing more that the rest of his team could describe other than what appeared to be migraines, which they had noticed were increasing in Main. At first they simply assumed he was having a more difficult adjustment to having something else living in his head, as Main wasn't exactly the brightest character of the bunch. They often joked that perhaps he exceeded his limit of new ideas when they installed Sigma, but they never realized by how much that might have actually been true.

Each of the soldiers who were willingly being experimented on with various types of A.I. and special equiptment that enhanced those abilities granted an unprecidented percent after the A.I. installation. Originally, Main's "SpecE" was an enhanced battle suit that helped significantly to sustain heavy damage by a quick acting bacta healer. Essentially once something was strong and powerful enough to by pass his extra thick armor it began to reject the projectile or irritant immediately and filled the wound with a quick acting sealant mixture with bacta. Also to note, he could chock himself full of adrenals. In addition to his stamina enhancing armor, it possessed a thick armor on the account it held several advanced hydroglic systems allowing him to carry weight nearly 5 times as heavy. This though also makes him about the same in weight as he can lift, but don't mistaken him for being slow as he does have hydrolics in his legs as well to increase his speed. He now has enhanced sensors, a stealth field generator, and an advanced combat prediction program that almost puts him on even ground with force sensitives and their precognition. He collected these in his initial break out as an insane rogue.

Alone with two other A.I. and their respective armor componants he stole a CR25 troop carrier, containing 8 LAAT/i gunships, 12 74-Z speeder bikes, and 4 AT-PT's. In addition to this, he has enough storage room for 40 men (or droids) and enough food for 40 men. He now scour's the Galaxy in the search for his former team mates, and their abilities. If he thinks he can find a lead, he can be hired for just about anything for anyone.

KILLS:
None yet

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
None yet

AVERAGE INVENTORY: 1 Milkor Brute (Type-25 Grenade launcher), 1 Repulsor Hammer (Type-2 Melee repulsor), 1 Modified SpecE Enhanced Battlesuit (Which includes Stamina/adrenal enhancement, hydrolic enhancement, enhanced stealth field generator, combat prediction program, enhanced motion tracker), and 3 A.I. assistants.

Note: Despite his many armor enhancements, he can only activate one at a time or risk overloading his power storage and shutting down his armor. Also, his Hydrolic, Stamina/adrenal enhancements takes no additional energy being a normal componant of his armor. The combat prediction program takes only the power to activate an A.I., which is next to nothing compared to the whole suit. The enhanced motion tracker, although not originally part of his suit componants, takes minimal energy as compared to other modules. Once he collects other more advanced experimental armor componants off of his targets, then he will have to worry about power.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LE WICKED AWESOME THEME SONG:
To clarify, I'm going to make a factory application for these two weapons (and probably the armor too, but for now just these):

The Milkor Brute:
Milkor Brute
weapons22.jpg
Intent: The intention of this weapon is for the personal use of the Character known as "The Meta"
Manufacturer: Private Manufacturing.
Model: Type-25 Grenade Launcher
Affiliation: The Meta, and Meta survivors
Modularity: No
Production: Private
Material: (WIP, need help hear. I'm guessing like durasteel right?)
Description: (WIP, I'm pretty sure that everyone is familiar at least a little from the Halo games. It goes by the name of Brute shot.)
Classification: Grenade Launcher
Size: Two handed, held at the waist due to heaviness
Status: Military, Limited (Only to personel that the Meta came from, and anyone who steals the weapon)
Length: 183 centimeters
Weight: 15 kilograms
Ammunition Type: Grenade
Ammunition Capacity: At total of 18 rounds total, but 6 being a "clip".
Effective Range: 375 meters
Maximum Range: 400 meters

The Repulsor Hammer
Repulsor Hammer
218d8d91a9620cebcc6e3f695433c0dd.jpg
Intent: The intention of this weapon is for the personal use of the Character known as "The Meta"
Manufacturer: Private Manufacturing.
Model: Type 2 Melee Repulser
Affiliation: The Meta, and Meta survivors
Modularity: No
Production: Private
Material: Ultrachrome
Description: (WIP, going by the same reasoning here, it's a Gravity Hammer form Halo)
Classification: Cleaver
Size: Two handed weapon
Length: 2.5 meters
Weight: 7 kilograms
Other Features: (WIP, should it/does it need to be resistant to lightsabers or would it be fine as something as simple as durasteel? If it wasn't durasteel I'd go Ultrachrome.)
So yeah, this is one long ass post but bare with me and we'll get through it :D So what do you think, is this character worth going through the effort of bringing to Star Wars: Chaos?

If your familiar with Rooster Teeth's Red vs Blue, basically what I'm trying to do is make a copy cat character of Agent Maine or "The Meta", including the Gravity Hammer and Brute Shot in his arsenal (Star-Wars-afied of course)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jhar'vokh said:
If your familiar with Rooster Teeth's Red vs Blue, basically what I'm trying to do is make a copy cat character of Agent Maine or "The Meta", including the Gravity Hammer and Brute Shot in his arsenal (Star-Wars-afied of course)
Oh. Do you want help. Or am I supposed to just bask in the glory of that media filled post. Lol. ...PS. It's totally do-able. It will just take you time, effort, and constructive criticism. After all. You are Jhar the one-man article creating machine. Haha. :p

Karen Roberts said:
You are Jhar the one-man article creating machine.
I like that :p

But yeah, if you ever bother to read it at some point any suggestions would be nice, such as real name, "time before the Meta" ect... but yeah you were just kinda supposed to bask because I'm going to make him anyway :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess
*shrugs* ...Idk.

Anyway. Better. Very sexy. I'll look into the Character Sheet. The items and vessels are for the Factory anyway.

*browses*

Exactly its like the time when the Game reach came out. there were alot of "John 117's" that were their (forget some of the names) and so they re-made them. and they could be for hire or for one faction in particular.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Let's just start here:

• Name: Meta
  • Species: Near Human
  • Weight: 210 lbs Human
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Brown
  • Skin: Brown
  • Force Sensitive: No

Rule One. Mystery is for 'inside' the thread. Not, the Character Sheet. Be frank, be open. If you want Mysterious, then he's just another NPC waiting to happen.

And PS: 'Terrorist' is not a Rank. Terrorists, do not call each other, Terrorists. It is a tasteless classification and below you as a writer to use. If he doesn't have a Rank. Just don't list anything here. Lol. :p

That's why I put in paranthesis that he has only been Known to exist for twelve years.

And the unknown junk is basically I don't ever plan on revealing those traits... ever. Or I'm not sure what to put in just quite yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom