Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Zenithian Agamarian Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: The Zenithian Agamarian Beast

Scientific Name: Agamarotherium Zenithius

Pronunciation: 'Aga-mare-oth-eere-ium' or 'Aga-mar-oth-ere-ium'

Translation: "The Agamar Beast's Highest Point"

Image:

http://www.deviantar...opsian-93929607http://www.deviantart.com/art/Wahweap-Ceratopsian-93929607

Designation: Non-Sentient

Homeworld: Agamar, though it is likely that they could spread to other planets through trade over time

Language: No True Language

Average height of adults: 2.2-4.6 meters

Skin color: Can include mottled browns and greens, greys, blacks, blues, oranges, and more.

Hair color: None

Breathes: Type I

Strengths:
I. Very strong animals with horns that they aren't afraid to use
II. Loyal to their herd and to, more recently, their owners and caretakers
III. Good swimmers who love the water
IV. Fairly fast for such large animals because of their strong legs
V. Live in herds from 10 up to 30 and take advantage of safety in numbers
VI. Superb memory

Neutral:
I. Very protective of young and who or what they consider to be family, but can be taken advantage of because of it

Weaknesses:
I. Being hatched from eggs makes the young that much easily stolen by predators
II. Not the brightest of animals
III. Their large size makes it hard for them to easily maneuver through the forest without knocking down trees and crushing vegetation
IV. Their gentleness and loyalty can be easily taken advantage of
V. They have short eyesight which came from the evolutionary loss of their secondary pair of eyes
VI. Easily spooked because of weakness V.

Distinctions:
I. Large neck frill/ crest adorned with horns and bumps
II. a beak-like structure for slicing up tough plant matter in the Brinka Forests where they live
III. Top speed of 25 kmph (16 mph) in short bursts

Average Lifespan: Some have been known to live to 50 years or more

Races: None

Estimated Population: Found on Agamar and possibly a few other worlds after being transported

Diet: Any plant matter they can get their beaks around

Communication: A series of bellows, roars, hums, and beak snaps

Culture: No true culture, but the herds and family groups in which they live are very close and tightly knit

Technology level: None

General behavior: The herd always sticks together for fear of attack by predators and have even been known to sometimes be a part of a mutualistic relationship with certain types of Mugruebe, frog-like mammals, which had better eyesight than the they did. The frogs would look for danger and let the Agramarian Beasts know if any did appear, at which point, the Mugruebes received protection from the larger and more heavily armored herd of animals.
Overall, despite their fairly fierce appearance, they are mostly gentle, social creatures that are loyal companions to their herds or whoever they consider to be friends.

History: This species of Agamarian Beast evolved from its ancestors some time ago, but wasn't truly discovered by science until recently after being thought for years to be an extinct species found only in fossils. This is due to their habit of staying away from sentients for fear of attack. Some farmers living there may now take advantage of them as beasts of burden. It is likely that they will spread to new planets as they are used by more and more people.

Notable Player-Characters: None

Intent: My intent for these creatures is for them to be beasts of burden, mounts, or just companions for those who need them most.

[member="Mark Sage"]

Thanks for the clarification. I know this might seem like a nitpick but could you change that to the metric system, also 35 mph (56kmh) is rather fast for any animal, let alone a large one. I'd like you to bring it down to at least 25km/h. That's still quite fast for its size but much more reasonable considering; unless of course you have justification for those speeds. Then please do, like in canonical or IRL animals of similar sizes.

Another thing is we prefer preventing the modification of the template. So rather than adding new fields it's better to add a sub-field. I think top speed would belong under distinctions, since that'd be something notable about the species.

Sure. No problem. Just to let you know, I got the speed from a rhino which can run around 35 miles an hour at top speed, so, this being a more muscular animal, I thought it'd be fair to have it run at least that speed in bursts. (Though obviously I wouldn't advise riding one at that speed through the jungle with branches flying in your face.) If this is ok, then let me know. If not, then I'll bump it down a bit.
I've linked a zoo page where I found the speed.
http://www.thebigzoo.com/Animals/Greater_Indian_Rhinoceros.asp
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

[member="Mark Sage"]

Well, seeing as this creature's size (4.6m) is over twice the size of a Rhino (1.8m) in height I wouldn't expect it to be as fast in short bursts. Of course I didn't actually think a Rhino could run nearly that fast, I would've guessed around 35km/h tops.

I mean I'm by no means a biologist/zoologist but I'd still consider that rather fast for its size. I was actually comparing the creature to the buffalo in my initial judgement which runs on average at twice the speed I suggested. The most I can approve for a species with that many strengths is 30km/h tops. It's a strong animal, not quick, I can accept quick bursts of acceleration--as with many horned animals--but I'm talking a cruising speed.

[member="Mark Sage"]

A very well done submission and a species I look forward to seeing in future roleplays. Excellent work and thank you very much for being cooperative.

Approved, pending secondary.

[member="Tefka"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom