Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wilds of Space - Vampire Faction - Interest Check

As I am typing this up from my phone, please bear with me.

With the Dead Planet Contest having sparked a bit of muse and driven me to further expand upon my Sanguinius Vampirika sub by creating dead worlds that once served as their Homeworld and Colonies, I've found myself wanting to expand upon that further. This has manifested itself in a desire to fill out Wild Space on the map, as I've calculated that about 50 planets could be subbed and placed on the map.

In the last couple of months I've consolidated my thoughts, pushing myself to focusing on one character, Amelia Sorenn-Syrush. This consolidation was pushed further by my subbing the Holy Order of the Righteous Flame as an NPC faction as a means to better tell their story. I have since kept my focus with threads for the FWC and threads focused on Amelia and her goal of rebuilding House Syrush.

I also understand that there are those that believe that Vampires do not belong in Star Wars, or that the Anzat were enough. I respect this belief and thus this is likely not for you. For many it may also seem as a niche idea, though there have been plenty of those on the board as well.

This I present to you this idea, for your consideration, thought, comments, concerns, and tasteful mocking, i.e. Not malicious or insulting mocking...

The Akeldama Slave Empire Reborn

In my sub of the Dead Planet I had mentioned that Akeldama was the Homeworld of the Sanguinius Vampirika species that was at one time the capital of a slave empire before it was destroyed.

The Akeldama Slave Empire would be similar to the Zygerrian Slave Empire (of which there is little information in both the canonical and lore articles).

Government: Elected Monarchy with an Imperial Diet (Akin to the HRE though without the troublesome elector states and member states). As the ruling class would be predominately members of the Sanguinius Vampirika Species, they would have a limited amount of years in power with the Imperial Diet serving as a check and balance to their power. Of course at anytime this individual could be removed for reasons or step down as they see fit (playing it off due to ooc faction votes and decisions).

Slavery: This is always a touchy subject even within creative writing forums. As it would be a Slave Empire, there of course would be slavery. The focus of this would be that those slaves within the Empire would have an amount of limited rights (making it more akin to indentured servitude). This would also bring the faction an amount of conflict, be it internal or external that would also provide additional plots.

Military: The military would be broken down into four distinct sections. Army, Navy, Starfighter Corps, Stormtrooper Corps, with each section being further broken down with their own internal organizations, departments and divisions. There would also be a large Merchant Navy with their own Merchant Marines that could be called upon as needed.

Species: For the most part the Akeldama Slave Empire would be ruled by the Sanguinius Vampirika species though this is not to say that other species wouldn't have some power or be excluded from being elected the monarch of the Empire. It would be more open, oddly enough, in terms of acceptance of other species even for being a slave Empire.

Nobility: This would denote specific noble houses or in the case of the Vampirika, bloodlines of the species. Only a member of a noble house can serve as the elected monarch or in the imperial Diet. Members that are not nobles could earn the title (albeit a minor title such as baronet) that would provide them the same rights as other nobles.

Non-Nobility: A secondary Parliament would be set up for the needs of the non nobles.

Judicial Corps: The court system would be focused on local courts with a single central tribunal court.

Force Users: Many factions incorporate FUs, and some do not. The Akeldama Slave Empire would utilize them as an internal force, akin to the Jedi Order and the Republic of yore. Neutral FUs would be the focus and they would be more akin to the Imperial Knights if the Fel Empire rather than the Jedi or Sith. They would also have a civilian board that would review them, essentially those that watch the watchers.

All in all it would follow the Aristocratic Vampires in Space theme, though on a lighter scale while also being open to others to join. Additional sections could be added or removed based on ideas shared or comments made to better the core concept.

What are your thoughts?

For the moment the idea is rather bare bones, just the basics. It could use some expanding upon before a final product is put out, then again it would also require the needed interest in having a bunch of vampires running around Chaos.

[member="Draven Asterisk"]

I also plan on adding a few subs for The Wild Space, likely these will just be unique, independant systems, a bit like my dead planet sub, Nycteria. Basically the idea is just to create some interesting planets for future RP. I'd also be happy to work with you to create some planets for your faction, I have a few ideas that'd be pretty cool.

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

Well, I've challenged myself to write character I wouldn't normally do so, so, a Vampire character may be interesting. Since this is no longer used, I might as well make use Akkest for this.

It may be easier to turn an already established character into a vampire than to make one from scratch. I think we could do a thread between Natalie and Amelia and turn Natalie. [member="Darth Mara"]

If you're not using the character for anything else or haven't really established her, then it wouldn't be a problem to change the character over to a vampire. [member="Akkest Yiun"]

The filling out Wild Space idea came about due to the Dead Planet Contest. If you have ideas to sub, then go ahead, I look forward to seeing what you create. [member="Kirie"]

This is what I have so far for Qamaria (waiting for the name change to go through). I just thought I might ask if this matches up with any direction of this potential faction. Mainly her history as I'm a bit unsure if I've captured the idea of 'vampire'. Sorry to be a bother, but, well, I do second guess myself a lot. Feel free to tell me to just stop bothering you.

As I mentioned before, make sure you have time to dedicate to the character before continuing.

I know that from time to time you disappear from the site because of various reasons. I don't want you having to drop something because you can't continue or keep up with the progress.

[member="Akkest Yiun"]

Sorry, forgot to mention that in my prior post despite meaning to do so. Anyway, me disappearing shouldn't happen again. I won't give a definite answer because I honestly don't know what the future will bring, but, I don't foresee any issue. There may be a few times that I'll drop over the summer, but that's more because I'll be on a couple of retreats and outdoor courses, and never more than a week. But, yeah, the main issues that have effected by presence on the board in the past (some serious health issues that hit hard years ago and that I haven't recovered from until recently as well as depression) are managed carefully now. So, TL;DR, I should, baring any unforeseen and serious circumstances, have the time to dedicate myself to Qamara.

For the most part, for those interested and those that may be pondering and taking a look at the idea, it is still a rough draft. I would like to work with others on getting it filled out and built up a bit before just jumping straight in. All in all the primary idea is for a more Vampire-centric faction which would mean getting more vampire characters on the site.

[member="Draven Asterisk"]
[member="Kirie"]
[member="Darth Mara"]
[member="Akkest Yiun"]

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs

Heya! It looks like, in a fit of serendipity, your horror-gothic, morally dubious slave Empire is actually fairly similar to an idea that myself and a few others have been working on, including some who have expressed interest in your faction. As discussed previously between us on Discord, I'm curious as to your thoughts on entering talks about merging our projects into one, cohesive Wild Space force of domination.

I'll also tag [member="Ankharbis"] (A character in the process of being made, so I'll edit him in once his account is online), [member="Aria Vale"], [member="Darth Mara"], and [member="Beleth"], who have expressed interest in this faction and could possibly be involved.

Aetherium

Likewise based on a desire to provide a strong, expanding, and unique faction for Wild Space, the ultimate goal of the Aetherium is to provide a new way, something appealing and powerful which tries to do something new with the Star Wars Universe, drawing inspiration from the shady noble politics of Dune and the corrupt decadence of the Eternal Empire of Zakuul.

Organization: The government of the Aetherium (name tentative) would be based around two bodies governing interplanetary-level politics, with certain specifics being left to local planets as long as they obey the Aetherium -- the first is the Council Noble Scions, where the chosen rulers of a planet, be they hereditary, elected, or chosen in some other process, are granted titles of appropriate nobility and form the policies and politics of the Aetherium.

The second are the Exarchs, the leaders of the military, the Chosen (Force-Users), and scientific community of the Aetherium. Whereas planets have more leave with their Nobles, Exarchs are chosen by the state, and are more authoritarian.

All of this would be governed by a presiding officer, not a dictator, but rather simply a representative to the Galaxy at large who has a seat as organizer of both bodies.

The Force: Jedi and Sith alike would be welcome, though all Force-Users must be willing to share their knowledge as a member of the Chosen, and nothing is off limits. They must serve, though their calling can be diverse -- a Chosen can be a scientist, a noble, or a warrior Exarch. Their greatest duty to the Empire is to push the boundaries of the Force ever forwards.

Slavery: Due to the nature of the Aetherium and its decadence, it is divided into two castes -- citizens, who enjoy lives of leisure, art, and elegance built on the backs of the labor of mass-produced droids and the servitors, indentured laborers who are indoctrinated through drugs and technology to be an unthinking foundation for the ease of others' lives.

Key Planets
These are the planets we feel would be most important in our early submission // acquisition period.

Iokath: The ultimate weapons factory that Wild Space can offer, this titanic Dyson Sphere is rich with ancient, advanced technology.
Ankhypt: Home of Ankharbis, this planet has rich history and a diverse array of species, yet is dominated by the Anubians, a species high in Force-Sensitivity with an affinity for death, who help bring about the influence of slavery in the Aetherium.

So, by all means, tell me what you think and if you'd be interested in putting our projects together.

After looking at the above and my original post, I do believe that we can work something out by combining the two ideas.

For the moment I have come up with the following by combining elements of the two thoughts together.

A reminder, this is still a rough draft and changes will be forthcoming as we continue to brainstorm on this together. Some areas may be changed, taken out, or new sections added. I also like the thought that it would be a more Gothic-Horror like faction (Hell the Primeval brought us Lovecraftian themes to Chaos so why not Gothic-Horror?).

Personally though my primary focus remains on a more Vampire-Centric faction (though this is a personal preference, however I believe it would work better if it were set in Wild Space than anywhere else). I have noticed that since I've done the Sanguinius Vampirika submission, a handful of Vampire characters have popped up across the Site and even Darth Mara and I are going through a thread to turn Mara into a Vamp.

Faction Rough Draft 2.0

By comparing the two sets of Governments in each idea, the following came up. It would combine the two elements together, with the following results.

The Government would be set up as a Tribunal (as well as adding in the idea of the Exarchs as follows).

Exarch Tribunal
  • Exarch of War
  • Exarch of the Chosen
  • Exarch of Aether

I've combined the following ideas together for the Exarch Tribunal. The Exarchs of the Aetherium, the Elected Monarch of the original post, and the presiding officer idea of the Aetherium. Below is a description for the tribunal and how it would work.

Exarch of War: Effectively a Minister of War, being the leader of the combined armed forces.
Exarch of the Chosen: Essentially the 'Grandmaster' of the Force Users of the faction.
Exarch of Aether: A Minister of Science that would oversee the academic advances of the faction.

The Government would stand as a Tribunal led by the Exarchs. When the faction is faced with a situation that requires a different approach, an election would be held between the Council of Scions and the Imperial Diet (Secondary Parliament) that would ultimately decided which of the three Exarchs would be the Presiding Officer for the situation.

Additionally the Exarchs would be compartmentalized, meaning that only a Force User could become the Exarch of the Chosen, only those serving in the military could become an Exarch of War, and only those of a more scientific background (doctors, scientists, etc etc) could become an Exarch of Aether.

The Tribunal above would be joined by two additional members (that would serve more in an advisory role rather than as full members of the Tribunal).

These two additional members would be the leader of the Council of Scions (specifically for the nobility and rulers of the various planets within the faction) and the Imperial Diet (a secondary parliament that would be the voice of everyone else). Each members of these two groups would be voted upon from within their own members.

This would effective create a Council of Five situation as the central form of government. With a Presiding Officer always being one of the three Exarchs.

The Government would also contain a Judicial Corp, effectively a system of Regional Planetary Courts all answering to a single centralized Supreme Court.

Force Users (while being inclusive and welcoming the Jedi, Sith, Dark Jedi, etc etc would be an important part), the problem I see would be its organization. For this I feel that it would need a more neutral role, in terms of the Internal FU Organization being more akin to the Imperial Knights of the Fel Empire, while also falling under what you've posted above.

They would serve in the Chosen, though I feel that there should only be the Exarch of the Chosen (as mentioned above) that would act as their Grandmaster of the Chosen as a way to ensure that the faction doesn't become a stranglehold of Force Users in all facets without anything left for those deciding to play Non-Force Users.

Slavery in the Faction; for this section I looked back into an older faction idea and brought up this idea of a tier system. Essentially there would be the Hereditary Citizens (members of the nobility whose citizenship can never be taken away and it passes between family member to family member). Citizens (members who served in some capacity, either in the military or government service to gain citizenship). Non-Citizens (anyone not a citizen and not a slave). Slaves / Indentured Servants (everyone else).

Military. For this section I took a different turn, though keeping much from the original post, I did add the following parts.

The military would be contained in two separate parts.

The Planetary Defensive Forces of the Member Worlds of the Faction. These are purely defensive forces (Navies, Starfighter Corps and Groundside Forces) whose sole purpose is the defense of the member worlds.

The Faction Military. This is the military might of the faction, separated into the Army, Navy, Starfighter Corps, and a Stormtrooper Corps. When required the Chosen would also fall into this section when called upon.

Again, this is still all a Rough Draft, so if you see parts you dont like, speak up. Or if you see parts you do like or think there's something that could be added or needs changing, let the ideas flow.

[member="Antherion"] | [member="Darth Mara"] | [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Beleth"] | [member="Akkest Yiun"] | [member="Kirie"] | [member="Draven Asterisk"]

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs

My initial idea for the aesthetic was going to be something glittery, golden sort of corrupt anti-Utopia. However, I feel like Gothic Horror could very well be a good focal point as well. Heck, between Akeldama and Ankhypt, we'd have Vampires and Mummies, so all we'd need to do is get a Planet From the Black Lagoon in on it to have a perfect creature feature faction.

I feel like a sharp limit to just one Force-User on the Council of Five would be a shade narrow, only due to the fact that Force-users make up such a massive portion of the board; it would end up accidentally skewing things a certain way. So I recommend that a Force-User is limited to only being Exarch of the Chosen if an exarch, but can serve in either of the Houses of the legislative body as well.

Likewise, while I normally would be all for the idea of an Imperial Diet beneath the Noble Scions, I feel like splitting that situation into two pieces OOCly would create unnecessary subdivision within the faction. As such, I say when we actually have threads for the two parties, we make it that while players mark and decide which they're a part of, they meet at the same time and deliberate in the same place, simply as a matter of practicality to ensure that we can have large, healthy threads when that group meets.
tl;dr: Keep the two legislative bodies separate but make the distinction solely IC for the purpose of threading, since there are few enough politician players as-is.

I feel like by merging our ideas into a broader "General Gothic Horror" faction, which could very well accommodate some of the aesthetics I had originally in mind. Specific storylines such as Akeldama and Ankhypt should definitely be encouraged within the faction, as that just deepens the idea of it as part of a living, character-driven world.

The only question remaining I have is just some specifics -- what Hex we should begin in, when to start the roleplay, some bling (my photoshop is only fair) for our faction members, and above all else, what to name it.

I'm partial to just Aetherium, because we're oversaturated with empires, though we could also pick something darker and more gothic, or even go for something like The Dread Imperium, or something equally edgy and cool.

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] | [member="Beleth"] | [member="Ankharbis the Great"] | [member="Beleth"] | [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Darth Mara"] | [member="Kirie"] | [member="Akkest Yiun"] | [member="Draven Asterisk"]

As we discussed in the Discord about the Government question, I've given some additional thought and managed to streamline it a bit more, combining the Presiding Officer, Exarchs, Council of Scions and the Imperial Diet into a more collected organization.

This consolidation resulted in the following, which can be discussed further. I feel that of what has been brought forward and exchanged in terms of ideas that this would be the best fit for this potential faction as it cuts down and brings four separate parts into a single whole.

The Elder Council would consist of 27 individuals that would be broken down into the following.

The High Chancellor ( Presiding Officer - Elected from among the Nine Scions )

Exarchs (War, Chosen, Aether) each of which handpick 5 individuals from their respected professions. This would mean that a total of 6 Force Users would be permitted to sit on the Council (The Exarch of the Chosen and his five handpicked individuals).

Nine individuals holding the title of 'Scion' (this includes the High Chancellor who is voted upon from one of these nine). Those with the title of Scion effectively are individuals that would oversee various systems and would effectively represent sectors of space controlled by the faction.

As mentioned, this would streamline the government into a single presiding council, which would remove the need for the ooc / ic resolution that you suggested above in your post. I am open to further discussion on if you and those interested believe these numbers should be increased or reduced.

In terms of the Hex we should begin in, that would depend on what world we choose for the Capital. At this point though I would suggest that we keep this discussion and decision held in reserve and only discussed in the discord channel.

For starting this project, I remember seeing someone mention next Tuesday in the discord because of their own time schedule and availability. I know that Darth Mara and myself have a thread going that can be considered a semi-start due to the nature of and content involved.

With the bling, we can always source the talents of the art section on the site and request aid there. As for the name, that's something that may take a bit of trial and error, with voting by the members. It should be something that'll help the faction stand out from others while also giving some hint as to the make up, beliefs, and direction that the faction will take. I would suggest we keep away from names such as 'Kingdom of', 'The Empire of', etc etc. I feel that a more Gothic-Horror name would suit well with what we've been discussing and it doesn't necessarily need to be edgy and cool.

[member="Antherion"] | [member="Beleth"] | [member="Ankharbis the Great"] | [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Darth Mara"] | [member="Kirie"] | [member="Akkest Yiun"] | [member="Draven Asterisk"]

Heya [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"], I was just reading over this. Looks very interesting! I would consider making a new character for this!
Although, I was also wondering if you had considered how your faction is discovered or in what way they come back? I'd be very interested to possible get my Mandolorian here involved in their discovery. If that isn't something you've already discussed?
Send me a link to y'all discord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom