Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The White's of Your Eyes

Hoth, the whitest system out there. The entire planet was snow and ice, cold enough to make a wookie shiver. The Ebon Hawk dropped out of hyperspace, the one ship in the area. It's slightly rusted hull making it look older than it was against the stark white background, the hull hopefully strong enough to withstand the extreme cold they would be facing.

Inside the cockpit, Kei smiled. He'd made it, the sight of the legendary Echo Base, the place where the Rebellion showed the Empire that they meant business, ignoring the whole idea of the first Death Star of course, people had enough right to believe that was just luck. Seriously, who leaves a two meter hole open that leads directly to the core? At least board over it or weld something over it.

He smiled again.

Slowly, he worked hand in hand with his co-pilot to bring the ship down into the atmosphere. [member="Noriko Ike"] hadn't failed him yet. While she didn't have the Raxis spark, she was still a great pilot who'd flown the Hawk, in some cases, better than he could. He smiled once again, guiding the ship towards the blast doors of the old Echo Base, abandoned now.

The Ebon Hawk glided in slowly, setting down on the concrete floor of the base. They were here, Echo Base around them, abandoned after the days of the Rebellion and the Battle Of Hoth. No one really cared about Echo Base anymore, it had served it's purpose well, but all good things come to and end right? Kei shrugged, pressing the button to release the boarding ramp.

Echo Base.

He had...Arrived.

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

There was a small look while she was going over some of the things. She had gotten plenty of the equipment like the sigil and circlet for this. The snow here was one thing but the golden band she could carry was made to protect from the elements like this. her connection to the force making it a great thing while she donned her robes and saber. Being here on the ship had been a rather fun and interesting time itself, wondering about the captain as it were but for the most part she could keep to herself while relaxing and more importantly cleaning up a little... to at least not have exposed sections inside that might be a danger to getting up while half asleep and snagging a wire or stubbing a toe. "You always take me to the nicest places."

"Coldest places, yes"

He smiled lightly, sliding on a thick woolen winter jacket. He didn't have any force amulets or anything to protect him, he had a wool jacket and some thick gloves. He didn't need anything else, he'd keep himself warm with hugs. He chuckled lightly to himself, stepping down onto the concrete floor or Echo Base. Hoth, the stories of what happened were great, legends that took place eight hundred years prior. He smiled lightly.

"Lead the way. Let's go explore us some abandoned base"

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

"Oh sweet talking isn't going to work this time." She said it with a smile going down the ramp and wearing the robes at least made it look like she was possibly... maybe cold. The form fitted and temperature regulated explorers suit served the rest of her needs while moving through the area. "So what are you hoping will be here? Anything special or we just going to try and see what might be left after eight hundred years of frost, people scavenging and being cleaned out by the empire most likely?" Really she didn't mind, it allowed some time to have fun and build up those much needed connections that made a jedi a jedi... also the ship was realy fast so that helped in terms of trouble if they had to get out of it.

What was he hoping to find? He didn't know, truthfully. Perhaps some old data information on terminals that the Empire didn't delete. Perhaps some rare gems that the Rebellion held before they were made to run. Perhaps some old ships that the Rebellion had to leave behind when it ran away. He really didn't know, it was true what Noriko said. The base had been looted over eight hundred years, it was hard to know if anything was left.

"I like option two. Let's see what we can find, perhaps something somewhere will be useful. Might be able to find some old ship parts if i'm lucky, might be able to find a datachip will all the old Rebellion Information on it if i'm not lucky. I'm done with cross galaxy quests to deliver information to some fancy person for no credits and getting shot by the guys I took the information from. Childhood taught me enough"

"Lead the way"

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

Where did he expect her to take him here... She had never been here before but sure why not she could give it a whirl before she was moving throughout the remains of the hanger as she kicked some of the ice out of the way. Pulling out her explorers glowrod she activated it with a snap hiss as it was activated painting a pale blue on the ice before she held it up. The small hand axe extending so she could pry at the doors if need be since she was doubting there was power still running through it. Most of her work went to seeing what they could find as she started prying open one of the doors and looking at him. "I have no idea where I am going, just work with some of the things in here or there."

He smiled lightly, assisting with opening the door in question. It was hard, the ice had formed between the join, making opening it even harder. It took T3 and his small blowtorch to finally get the door open. He smiled slightly, nodding to Noriko as he began to speak, his voice soft and light.

"I have no idea where i'm going either. That's the point of adventure, we just look around and see what happens, what's the worst that can happen at the end of the day?"

He nodded, still smiling. He walked through to the control room slowly, beginning to root through draws that had already been looted through years before. He smiled lightly, removing a small crystal from one of the draws. Little did he know it was a lightsaber crystal, a Kasha crystal. He assumed it was just something shiny and pretty, he held it up anyway, calling Noriko over.

"Your smart. You know what this is?"

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

Noriko moved with him and was watching all of it as she looked over some of the things. Turning her head up when he asked before she turned to see the droid was there as well. Some of the things they could do before she spoke finally turning her head to look at him. Hand coming up while she stood straight and a little taller batting her eyelashes. "Oh be still my heart already? Marriage and you haven't even kissed me yet captain." The joke was there while she gave a smile that was wide before she was laughing. "It looks like a crystal, with the right polish and cut it could be made to fit in a lightsaber if you want but until you really get it appraised can't be certain."

"Lightsaber, huh. I'll keep hold of it, see what I can do with it. Maybe make my own lightsaber someday."

He slid the small crystal into his pocket slowly, nodding. The rest of the draws his side of the room were loose cables and stray blasters that wouldn't work. Everything else had been looted over the years, but Kei didn't give up hope just yet. He hadn't even broken the surface, the base went deeper and deeper into the cave, hangers and control rooms and armories dotted everywhere, on every corner you'd find one of them.

Also a 'fresher, a 'fresher would be lovely.

He smiled, strolling over to Noriko.

"Anything?"

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

Looking at him as she was fiddling with some of the things, it wasn't much but they would be able to work with it before long. All of the force energies she had for searching were there until he came closer and she turned around hopping up to sit on the console. "No not much, maybe a few frozen power packs and a datapad." There wasn't much else as it was dead but she was looking at him leaning on it with a smile. "Who knows there is so much around here we could look at. Might get something interesting like that crystal of yours or something a whole lot cooler." Her mouth closed a little while wiggling back and forth feeling the ice and cool metal. "So lets see if we can help it, lets stretch out those force muscles of yours and see if maybe there is other things here to find."

He nodded slowly, allowing the force to push from his body. He felt nothing, yet he tried again. He hadn't been one with the force for long, he'd never used the power of the force until a month ago. He was but a youngling, a grown up youngling trying to learn his power, learn how to mold the force around him, use it as an extension of himself and his mind. He pushed out with the force again, the slight push becoming larger and larger.

"I feel...Something dark. Something dark to the north of us"

He began following the force, following the feeling.

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

She could feel the force energies while he reached out and followed his line of thought. Feeling for the dark and the dangerous while it tickled on the edge of her senses before she noticed it and it was there. "Ah alright lead the way." She was working with it and could follow him and it through while giving them a nice pathway towards mystery and excitement.... THen if need be she could send a message to the Sasori facility here on the planet working research that they had found something and they could come retrieve it maybe. Either way she hopped off the console watching the captai with a small half smile while licking her lips in anticipation. "Can you tell what you are feeling."

"No idea. Something small, I think. It's not a person, i'll tell you that much"

He blinked, crawling over a small snow hill. He hated Echo Base he decided, he was cold and wet. He was damp, the place was melting on top of him and his jacket was soggy. Yet, he was interested, he wanted to know what this feeling was, he was confused and he wanted to know. He wanted to find it.

He walked into a small room slowly, about four corridors later anyway, nodding.

"It's in here somewhere, something small and dark"

"Let's look"

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

She was looking at him with a look arriving in the room. Attention on some of the things there before she spoke. "Small, dark and here.... You are just not even going to comment about trying to flirt with me." She said it with a smile on her face while looking over some of the things there with a nod. Picking up bits of snow and ice to clear it away. She was looking in there for anything really but wasn't sure what it was that they might be able to find or what he was feeling. It was just there on the edges of her senses as the jedi knight leaned over humming a little softly to herself.

Dev thread city!

He started rummaging through the rubble, the thick ice cold but easy enough to lift and move. He felt it, he was getting close, and he kept feeling it as he wrapped his fingers around it. It was a small black box, dark, the force said that. It was heavy, for a small box it was heavy. He held it up in the light, no reflection off it at all. It was a small box, useless for the most part unless they could bust the lock on it.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, I've shipped everything from spice to guns and I've never once seen anything like this. It's heavy, dark and strange. You are the Jedi, the smart one of the two. You know dark stuff better than me, you have any idea what this is my friend? It ain't fun anyway"

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

There was a look at him and then at what he had found, Noriko thought about it for a moment with a small nod of her head. "I am a jedi but that doesn't mean we know everything... just a good amount of things." She turned her attention over some of the things there while holding up some crystals. "For instance some of the really cool crystals operate on many of the things usually feeling the light or darkside of the force and holding them in your blade and influence your actions if you are not careful. The lightside ones tend to require you to be careful and patient otherwise it could not work or will burn your hand. Darkside crystals will influence you and slowly start to corrupt you."

He pocketed the box slightly, shrugging. He wasn't sure what it was, he really wanted to know. It might of been something important, it might not of been. He couldn't be sure, and he thought about that as he looked to his friend. He wanted more crystals, but he wanted to find them. He wanted to be the one who collected them, to form his own plasma weapon, his own lightsaber. He smiled, nodding lightly to her.

"Most things. You could say that huh. Anywho, ready to start moving on?"

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

Looking at him while she thought about it well... yeah she was all for getting out of the cold and wet stuff. Back on the ship she had something warm and loose fitted. The temperature regulated stuff was so tight and sometimes when it got wet smelled like butt. "Yeah lets go and see if there is anything else before heading back tot he ship." She had a look over some of the things ther while picking up one or two things here and there to search them over. "Think I found things but we shall have to see what might be inside the containers they have here. Who knows if things might have been left behind." Noriko hopped up and moved over towards him with a smile and held her saber on her hip. "Come on now."

He nodded to T3, who connected his tow rope to the first of the crates. Both friends left the room soon after, Kei attempting to start digging through the snow, keep moving forward towards the main control room, the room that coordinated the defense of Hoth during the fight between the rebels and the imperials. It's the place where the battle would be decided or would be lost, everyone in there was of major importance.

"I'll get T3 to tow the crates back to the Hawk, we can clean them up and go for a look through. Now let's go for a hunt, let's go and find the legendary place known as the control room"

[member="Noriko Ike"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]

The control room sounded like a good place to start and work on some of the things. She knew there were old jedi reports about what was inside and what they had found here. Tavion sending her apprentices to get information and flight records so who knew if there could be more things left. The droid could get all of the things from here to the hawk and search through it... maybe some parts they could work to fix it up a little more. "That sounds like a plan captain." She had some more of her attention on the larger things and picture before she slid her saber back into place taking out one of the snack cakes. "Hmm so anything special planned after this?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom