Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied The Tionese Whiteguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nfrgyc6qYg1rlheeoo1_500.gif

OOC INFORMATION
UNIT INFORMATION
  • Name: The Tionese Whiteguard
  • Affiliation: Tion Cluster, Tion Hegemony
  • Availability: Uncommon
  • Type: Elite Infantry
  • Strength: The Whiteguard number somewhere in the hundreds of thousands, though they are spread rather thinly across the Tion Cluster. Typically, one should not expect to see more than one thousand on any given world. In direct combat, one shouldn't expect to see more than twenty-five at once, unless running around one of their home installations. If not on a Tionese world, seeing more than five in one spot would be roughly equivalent to seeing a unicorn.
DESCRIPTION

The Tionese Whiteguard are a large, elite force of men and women with the objectives of defending and increasing the prestige of the Tion Cluster. Having the Silver Jedi encroaching on their territory and other unsavory factions nearby, the Tion Hegemony felt it necessary to pool together the resources of the planets they held sway over.

Founded and directed by the Tion Hegemony, the Tionese Whiteguard is jointly contributed to by the planets that make up the Tion Cluster. From Lianna to Rudrig, even Raxus Secundus contributes, despite being occupied by those simpering Jedi offshoots. Just as well, it is all of the planets that contribute that also send a portion of their defense budgets towards the Tionese White Guard.

Coordination and deployment of the Tionese Whiteguard is mostly left to the Tion Hegemony, who kindly volunteered to administrate the organization on behalf of all of the Tion Cluster.

Many branches of Tionese nobility choose to send some of their less important children to serve in the Whiteguard. Their second sons or otherwise disruptive and foolish offspring who are in need of a good military stint, if you will. However, this is not enough to sustain the entire Tionese Whiteguard.

Normal citizens of the Cluster who find themselves in good shape or of some prestige may also apply for the Tionese Whiteguard. They, however, are vetted much more carefully. These citizens are frequently promised an elevation to noble status if they distinguish themselves, but as of now it hasn’t happened.

Some planets of the Tion Cluster seek to bolster their recruitment quotas by permanently enlisting the services of high-quality mercenaries and bounty hunters. The favored among these unscrupulous hirelings are rogue Echani and Mandalorian mercenaries. By and large, they are cultural outcasts who had issues with concepts like “honor,” “mercy,” and “hey maybe please don’t be a complete jerk all the time.”

These varied backgrounds make for some very interesting conversations among the enlisted. Which, incidentally, is 100% human or near-human.

A fair portion of the Tionese Whiteguard undergo Hegemony-subsidized cybernetic augmentation, brought to you by the Neuro-Saav Corporation. These enhancements are quite extreme, costly, and take some time to get used to (adding a longer training period for all personnel), but ultimately are considered worth the expense. The cybernetics typically received by members of the Tionese Whiteguard are either the Cardio-Muscular Package, the Hyperaccelerated Nerve Implant, or (in exceedingly rare circumstances) both.

The signature model of the Tionese Whiteguard, pictured more clearly here, is modeled after that of the Stormtroopers of ancient yore. It’s remarkably more effective than that armor, naturally, as Tion clearly has no intention of wasting expensive cybernetics on people if they’re just going to die from any old blaster wound.

As far as weaponry goes, Whiteguard typically employ BlasTech weapons and little else. On occasions where it might be deemed necessary, such as repelling a ruthless invasion of Silver Jedi, the Tionese White Guard will utilize BlasTech’s newly added slugthrower catalog. They still have a preference for energy based weapons, of course.

The Tionese Whiteguard maintain a number of recruitment stations across the Tion Cluster, with multiple stations on multiple planets. Each planet, however, only maintains one military base for the Tionese Whiteguard. A notable exception to this is Lianna, which houses both its usual base and the heavily fortified headquarters of the Tionese Whiteguard.

All of these bases are given a four digit identifier and are not named. The headquarters, located in the snow-capped mountainous regions of Lianna, is known as Fort Xim. Whiteguard are often deployed to protect important areas on planets in the Tion Cluster. These areas range from national monuments, capitol buildings, to corporate headquarters.

The Tionese Whiteguard are trained in a variety of infantry disciplines and weapons usage. They are also well versed in several disciplines of unarmed combat, mostly those disciplines practiced by Echani and Mandalorian combatants. More exotic weapon proficiencies and styles of unarmed combat are generally unknown to the Whiteguard.

tumblr_nfrgyc6qYg1rlheeoo2_r1_500.gif

[member="Darth Janus"]
First and foremost, very well written description. I liked how you built in the culture and everything, not something that's needed necessarily but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was even curious about Lianna, wasn't sure they had snow capped mountains. But by this diagram, I think it does...it's hard to tell. Any who, lets get down to it:

1. Would you mind spelling out those little x's of yours that are hyperlinked, in the OOC section? I think it would be good for people to know what they are linking to, making it easier to understand your submission when you whip these puppies out (assuming the next bit is satisfied).
  2. You probably saw this one coming, but Teräs Käsi. I can't have hundreds of thousands of NPC's running around knowing something, even at the rudimentary level, that we question giving to singular NPC's without proper reasoning/development. You're either going to have to take that out entirely or CLEARLY define just what rudimentary means in this situation. Even at that, I'm not convinced that having hundreds of thousands of cybernetically enhanced soldiers with 'rudimentary' understanding of Teräs Käsi is beneficial to the site in general. And on top of this, the amount of the soldiers who are even familiar with this ability (one closely guarded) will need to be cut significantly (I'm thinking less than a thousand, maybe even less). And to be honest, I'm not super excited about seeing 1000 as the unit size. I would prefer this to be cut back extensively as well.
  3. The weaponry: I'd like to whittle this down a wee bit. They can use all the gear of Blastech, can be occasionally equipped with both of the enhancements linked. I'd prefer it be an either/or scenario with those enhancements.
So...

What you have to do:
  • Define rudimentary clearly and concisely (this isn't an auto-win, we may still have to negotiate this aspect)
  • Take the number way down who know Teräs Käsi(1000, thinking I would like it more if it was something like 500). This may work better if you give a total number of the forces, then give the percentage of forces that would be familiar with this fighting style.
  • Take the unit size down
  • Whittle down your weaponry a bit. Either make some sacrifices in what is actually available in terms of equipment or make the cybernetics an either/or, not potentially both.
Overall, I think these dudes are way too powerful: The numbers, the enhancements, and the knowledge of a well protected and obscure ability. But I'm willing to try and work with you, but it may not be what you are looking for. We're gonna need to shave quite a bit of the fat off to make this actually work.

[member="Reverance"]

• In hindsight, having them know Teräs Käsi at all was a pretty lame idea. I've gotten rid of that entirely.
  • For the cybernetics, that was intended to be the thing that made them stand out a bit more. I've made it more clear that a fair portion of them receive the enhancements (but not all), and it's exceedingly rare for any of them to have both.
  • I've made it more clear just how many of them anyone should be seeing at any given time. There are a lot of worlds in the cluster, hence the seemingly high number, but unless you're in one of their military bases no one should be encountering any more than twenty five strutting about some place, and substantially less if they're nowhere near the Tion Cluster.
  • And I fixed up the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom