Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sound of Music

The Imperial Institute.

Never before had the Sith Lord seen such a unique center of learning. He, a product of Mandalorian culture, had been reared on the field. His experience was, for the most part, born of numerous trials by fire. In light of this, Darth Metus was a touch skeptical about the effectiveness of the Institution. Personally, he believed in real world experience, not in scripted lessons that occurred in a facility. However, his elevated position within the Paecian Empire now made it his responsibility to ensure that the Institute provided the best education to the nation's Force wielders.

As such, he took a trip to inspect the facilities. One that the instructors, staff, and students were not expecting. He took the rearmost entrance into the Institute and began navigating the corridors at a moderate pace. While he was not a fan of the teaching methods, he had to admit that the facility was exceptional. Massive in size, it accommodated hundreds of Cadets quite effectively; from training, to housing, and everything in-between. Darth Metus was satisfied with roaming the halls for a few minutes and made a mental note to sit in on one of the class sessions later on. However, at this moment, the Sith Lord found himself hearkening to the strangest sound...

Music?

The sweet melody of a violin cascaded about the hall, beckoning Darth Metus forward. While excellent in nature, the mere presence of the violin's song irked the Sith immensely. After all, what place was there for music in an Institution dedicated to training in the Force? What benefit did music have on the battlefield? With these pressing questions in mind, the Sith Lord stood in the doorway of the music's source and waited. There, he beheld the sight of a woman who was blissfully unaware of his presence...and so he waited to see how long it would take for her to notice.

[member="Eris Malreaux"]

Music;

It was her escape.. From the things that happened with her family. From the visions that plagued her every now and then... From the relization that everything around her was going to hell in a handbasket...

She had come to this place on a call from the Empress, one that came at an opertune time. What other way to pass the time after having traveled around for a year or so. She was not immune to boredom or discontent. No if anything she in all her life her quite privy to it..

So when she heard the call through the force she was more than willing to heed it and come. It was only after arriving at the Paecian Empire that she finally felt a sense of content... Well that was until the visions that plagued her childhood rose up with a vengeance. The lastest was of a male.. Bits and pieces came to her at very inconvient times. Why she was having visions of a person when she never had them before puzzled her..

Fingers danced across the strings of her beloved escape, the music soothing her into a sense of content calmness.

"Is there something you need?"

Speaking directly to the person whom happened to be watching her. She would soon lift her head and peer at him with eeriely intent Amber hues. A frown soon presented herself upon her features as reconition dawned within the depths of her hues before disappearing within seconds.

[member="Darth Metus"]

There were two types of people in this world: those who clung to their titles for dear life, and those who cared very little for them.

In his time, Darth Metus had come to stand in numerous positions of power, yet he did not allow them to define who he was. He did not allow his authority to go to his head. He did not step upon the necks of those beneath him. As such, while a lesser man may have become indignant in response to the woman's reply, the Sith Lord did not react. Instead, he waited until she looked to face him...and was surprised by what he saw. The expression written upon her face...the feeling that emanated from her...both screamed recognition.

Yet Darth Metus was certain that he had never met the woman before. Perhaps she recognized him based upon his position, for such was the case these days. Surely a member of the Imperial Institute would recognize one of their superiors?

"There is but one thing that I need." he said. "A reason as to why precious time is being squandered. An explanation as to why you choose the instrument over the blade. Please. Enlighten me as to why you are not taking advantage of what the Institute stands for." With that said, Darth Metus awaited a response. Sure, his words were curt and blunt, but he had a purpose to fulfill here. The Institute, already, was unimpressive in his opinion; and this encounter was only adding weight to this particular train of thought.

[member="Eris Malreaux"]

R e c o n i t i o n;

That helmet... It was the helmet that plagued her visions.. Especially one particular vision that caused her to feel terrified. The vividness of said vison and the realness of it often caused her distress. Why she had visions of this man's helmet was beyond her. Moving to set her violin down, a soft sigh would leave her lips, amber hues staring at him intently.

"It is only natural for one such as yourself to not understand or approve of something as beautiful as music. Those so wrapped up in the sword grasp not the concept of those whom don't put as much value in other aspects of things. To answer your question, I needed to take a break. It's difficult to train when you have visions wracking your mind."

Blunt and straight to the point, she would speak in a semi polite manner, one that indicated she was able to see that he was in a place of authority. Giving a polite bow of her head, she soon moved to pack up her violin, deeming that thier conversation was over due to the fact that she was still reeling from that fact that the helmet he wore was the object of her visions.. If she was having visions of his helmet that meant that at some point in the future he would play a role of sorts in her life. Not liking this due to the feeling of fear she got in the vision, she opted to stay as far away from him as possible.

[member="Darth Metus"]

There was something oddly refreshing about the woman's response.

While her mannerisms were "courteous" enough to fit a conversation with a superior, they were also blunt. Being the Mandalorian-bred businessman that he was, Darth Metus lived in a world of bluntness. There was never any time for dancing around a conversation with jargin...unless deception was involved. However, this woman spoke in a manner that the Sith Lord enjoyed; for everyone else seemed to cower, stammer, and act with ceremony around him. Manner of speaking aside, there was one particular facet of her response that struck Darth Metus even more.

The fact that she was subject for visions.

This reminded him of his brief Affiliation with the One Sith, during the era of working from the shadows. In those days, the Eye of the Dark Lord was a powerful seer and utilized visions in order to better propel the Sith's goals. Of course, the woman before him was not a Valha who was born specifically for visions...but the potential was too large to ignore. Stepping forward, Darth Metus signaled that their conversation was not yet concluded. His words were, as usual, short and to the point; but he hoped that they would be of some interest to the woman.

"I walk a path that does not permit time for such appreciations. However, in light of your suffering, I can only hope that this music offers you relief." he began. "I am no stranger to your plight. If you wish, I can show you how to control these visions."

Perhaps she would bite. Perhaps not. The ball was in her court now.

[member="Eris Malreaux"]

His words caused any and all efforts to get as far away from him to slip into the back of her mind. Halting in her motions, she would shoot him a long intense look, studying to see if his words held truth. After what seemed like her drifting into what could be considered and uncomfortable silence as she thought over his offer, she would close her violin case with a loud snap.

Straightening up and setting the case off to the side, she would purse her lips for the briefest of moments before Speaking softly.

"I see no harm in allowing you to help me. It would after all be in my best interest in the long run."

Going against the voice inside her head that screamed at her to get as far away from him as possible, she would give a polite incline of her head.

"I am Eris."

Three simple words in the form of an introduction were given.

[member="Darth Metus"]

For several moments, there was nothing save silence. From behind his helm, the Sith Lord gazed intently upon the woman...who stared back all the same. Darth Metus could practically see the metaphorical gears turning in her head whilst she pondered a response to his offer. Then, after what felt like a small eternity of awkward silence, she turned and snapped her viola case close. The resounding din echoed about the room, heralding the decision that then emanated from her lips.

She accepted. Excellent.

Then, a brief introduction was made. Blunt. Brief. Just the way the Sith Lord preferred it. "I am Darth Metus. A pleasure." he began, offering a polite inclination of his head. He then took an additional step closer into the room before lowering himself to the floor. His legs folded, his hands steepled, and he motioned for her to join him. "I see no reason not to begin now. Come. Join your mind to my own." he said. As the words escaped him, mental barricades were being lowered.
After all, it would be rude for him to instruct her to do something only for her to be met with a telepathic, brick wall.

[member="Eris Malreaux"]

A m u s e m e n t;

That was the first semblence of something that etched itself upon her features only to be smoothed away into calm yet contiplating look. Glancing at the now sitting Sith lord, she too would then lower herself into a sitting position, each of her movements very delicate and lithe.

Turning her attention to him in another intense stare, It came as no surprise to her when he wanted to start immediately. She had already pegged him as being blunt and straight to the point;A talent of hers, being able to read most people and see throught the fronts the constructed around themselves. Some found this unnerving about her. Others lashed out and grew angry.

After studying him for the briefest of moments, she would allow her lids to fall closed, her hesitancy at joining her mind preventing her for a few moments before she essentially sucked it up and went about linking her mind to his, letting loose a small sigh when the mental connection clicked into place.

[member="Darth Metus"]

Initially, the Sith Lord deluded himself into thinking the encounter would be typical; that this meeting of their minds would be like any other. However, he was literal leagues away from the truth of the matter. At the exact instant that their psyches intertwined, Darth Metus found himself subject to a whirlwind of emotion, coupled with fractured pieces of a vision. Perhaps this was what plagued Eris on such a regular basis?

At first, Metus had to steel himself. Every instinct screamed that he eject the woman from his mind immediately, for the influx of sentiment was not something he welcomed with open arms. However, in order to show one how to defend against a threat...one had to know what the threat was in the first place. As such, the Sith Lord grit his teeth and watched; diligently attempting to discern what he was playing before his mind's eye. There was sorrow. Fear. Remorse. Regret?

Yet also...happiness. Joy that was buried underneath a sea of pain.

What was the source of this chaotic pile of sentiments? A single image: a helmet clutched by hands pale and feminine. A helmet that rested upon the visage of the Sith Lord. "What...the..." he murmured, confusion apparent in his tone. Why would his helmet cause these sentiments? Why would she even have his helmet? Why...why was she having visions about him? Then...there was a small realization. She didn't recognize him because of his role...it was the visions. Maybe?

"How long have you been having these visions?"

[member="Eris Malreaux"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom