Star Wars RP

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sins of the Father

Coopers Cooler
Writer
He'd been moved from the incarceration cell to a much more comfortable room in the Sundari Palace. Still under guard, the prisoner, not a General for the moment, had visitors and had actually been personally carried here, unconscious, through the halls by Yasha herself, not that anyone needed to know that.

Kaine sat at a desk, playing with a Datapad, going over some minutiae, no comms, just logged work orders for MandalArms, and troop replenishment balance sheets. Nothing too fun or interesting, but it was what he was limited to in prison.

A guard knocked twice and opened the cell door.

Visitor for you. He said, not impolitely.

Kaine looked up. He hadn't been expecting anyone.

[member="Raiz Australis"]

Raiz

Self-Imposed Exiled
Writer
As the cell door was opened, Raiz cleared his throat and entered the room, not wearing his armour but instead a ragged shirt with loose fitting pants, hardly anyone saw him wear this but Kaine, being his father and all, would remember that this was the sort of clothing he wore when falling into a slump. The younger Mandalorian's gaze seemed to purposefully distract itself by looking around at the various objects in the room, it seemed that he did not for the life of him wish to look at his father, that was until it was clear that he had to finally look into his eyes, and with a slight cough, his gaze drifted to observe the now prisoner of his father. A flush of various emotions begin to show on his face, from annoyance, to disappointment, to sadness, but ultimately fixing upon what could only be described as a longing look, one that did not wish to see the man before him locked within a cell. "They took my weapons, and my armour- I guess they realized that if I had them that, I would of tried something stupid." he would say in a strained jovial tone, forcing himself to chuckle at the joke afterwards.

-
[member="Kaine Australis"]

Coopers Cooler
Writer
Kaine felt his son's pain. Raiz loved his old man, and was clearly having trouble seeing him like this. He had to reassure the lad, it would be alright.

He got up and came over to embrace his son, glad beyond words to see him here, knowing what it had cost him to come.

Ad'ika!

Kaine held his boy long, very pleased to see he'd come to visit. Finally he pulled back, looking into Raiz's hair, his son still looking down.

We've got a lot to talk about. Come on, i've got some tihaar left over, just don't ask how I got it. Find a seat and lets talk.

Kaine broke the hug and went to retrieve the bottle he'd hidden behind a cabinet after Yasha and Adara's first visit.

Together, they'd make things alright again. It was a heavy burden to lay on his son, but Kaine had every faith in the lad, he was smart, brave, and capable. Every father would be proud to have a son as this, he figured.

Raiz

Self-Imposed Exiled
Writer
After the pair hugged it out, Raiz sat aside his father and took in a deep breath. Clearly, the son was feeling awkward to sit beside Kaine, but it was also clear that he had much love for his dad. "What happened? Please be honest with me, I need to know." the tone was a soft and admiring tone, but with an underlying feel that he was desperate to know the situation. "There is nothing you can tell me, which will make me hate you- Nothing in this world. We never lie to eachother, so please- What happened? Why are you here? I have refused to hear it from anyone, I want to hear it from you Kaine." as the words came out of his mouth, his mask cracked lightly and the face of a scared child was visible within his eyes.

-

Coopers Cooler
Writer
It's a long story son, but here goes.

Kaine retrieved the bottle and took a swig before handing it off to his son and taking a seat.

I was in the room with Adara, Yasha's baby. They were trying to save her. They failed, she died. I was right there, and I couldn't stop it.

He paused, knowing how hard this would be for Raiz to hear from his buir.

I broke, son. At that point, I couldn't go on. I couldn't do anything. Then i heard his voice. My father.

Kaine wouldn't call him Raiz's Ba'buir, the scum had known nothing of his own grandchildren, Kaine saw to that, and Yasha's needle put an end to it for all time.

He offered to save Adara, to use his power. I thought he was dead. I was wrong. I ordered my men to destroy the Bral, and return the Force, which incidentally saved Adara anyway. Not that I knew, when i made that bargain that day.

Vesull used his power to bring her back. I don't know how, just that he did it. He expected me to keep my word, damn me, but I would have done it. I would have let him free for saving her. Lucky, it didn't work out that way. He was destroyed when I took the Cure, as part of my sentence.

Ironic.

He waited thirty years for a chance at freedom, and in the end, all it got him was saving the life of an innocent child, before he was culled from existence by the Cure.

He smiled.

I like the idea of the old piece of osik realising he waited thirty years to do a good deed, right before he was obliterated.

Kaine grinned, feeling as he spoke the shadow of Vesull starting to lift away. For the first time in a long time, he was truly free.

So you see, son, it'll be alright.

Raiz

Self-Imposed Exiled
Writer
As Kaine spoke, Raiz remained silent with his gaze seeming to drill into the wall, and as the mentioning of his grandfather came about, his body seemed to shiver, as he recalled times in his childhood where the topic was more than off limits. Whilst it was clear that the younger Mandalorian was taking the information in, and had some signs of struggling the comprehension, he stayed still and listened thoroughly. As the man's father finishes, a silence washes over the pair, and after a moment or two Raiz begins to move as to look into the eyes of his father, his facial expression showing confliction behind his eyes but an underlying expression of love for Kaine. "You... Did this to save a baby- To give it a chance at life, but what sort of life will it live? You've been given the cure, and have been imprisoned here, but that is not enough... You condemned a child to- Whatever comes from this, but you saved her..." as Raiz finishes talking, he lets out a heavy groan as to indicate that his head was hurting him and the entire topic was causing him distress. "For me to... Be at ease with this, I have to..." without a word more, the younger Mandalorian sends a fist towards his father, with intentions of hitting the older Mandalorian's gut. "... You're to protect that child- Forever, as whatever has come of her... Is on your head."

-

Coopers Cooler
Writer
Kaine was so happy at his son's forgiveness, he forgot to protect himself, and took the punch to the gut with an 'oof', doubling up slightly as the wind went out of him. Fair was fair, he deserved it for putting his loved ones through what he had. The fact he'd done it for good and proper reasons didn't get Kaine all the way off the hook, which he could live with.

I will son. I'm not going to let that little one out of my sight.

He paused.

Her mother either. She's really something, eh? He said a bit too wistfully, quickly correcting his tone.

I mean, she's the Mand'alor.

Raiz

Self-Imposed Exiled
Writer
Raiz let out a heavy sigh, going to look at the hand which collided with his father, opening and closing it for a moment before sighing heavily. "If those eyes touch Cassiopeia, I'll gut you with my hunting knife, I'm good at it as you should know, you taught me." the man's tone was clearly in jest as he looked up to his father and shook his head lightly. "We need to address the mythosaurs in the room, the Clan and MandalArms." as he says this, Raiz gets himself comfortable on the seat once more and finally takes the glass he was poured, taking a gulp from it. "I'm acting Alor, and that's it. I refuse to take on that mantal permanently, not until you pass away, and I swear to Mand'alor herself, you stopped her child from the touches of it- So you better do the same for yourself, if not for yourself but for the clan's sake." the younger Mandalorian takes another gulp before chuckling. "Raiz Australis, Alor of Clan Australis- Yeah, kark that, not yet but I will hold it temporarily. I'm not planning on expanding the clan, not till you return, I will keep it stable, however what of MandalArms? Running without the Chief Executive Officer has raised some eyebrows among the management."

-

Coopers Cooler
Writer
Kaine smiled, prouder of his son at that moment than he could ever say. It was a hard thing to accept failings in one's parent. Harder still to take up that burden for that parent when they could not do it themselves.

It's reassuring to know the Clan is in good hands, and it's about time someone younger and more energetic took over the running of the family business.

Raiz Australis, CEO and President of MandalArms has a nice ring to it.

He chucked at the look on his son's face.

Don't worry, i'll stick around as a Director, and i'll keep an eye on Yomaget for you.

Keep those designs coming, we will. Kaine said the last in a terrible imitation of an ancient Jedi he'd seen on a holo.