Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The shadow of trust.

The streets of Nar Shaddaa was not the best place for a half blind boy to live but Aiden managed alright. Finding odd job here and there to pay for things he needed. He had run away from the Jedi he had met once before, still finding it hard to trust her. Aiden wanted to trust people, but deep down he didn't know how to trust. Growing up around the dark side as he had left scars on his mind. Having seen what they were capable of it scared him,Even knowing now that the Jedi were not like them.

Aiden stood quietly in the shadows of a building with his eyes closed. The hood over his black hoodie was pulled over his head. If it was not for hit gray white hair covering the side of his face you would probably have a hard time seeing him if you wont looking right at him. It was about midday and Aiden was just relaxing for the time, it seemed to be a quiet day so he was taking advantage of the quiet to just think and meditate as he had learn to do.

[member="Onix"]

Nar Shaddaa was a planet I favored to work in. The chaotic nature of the planet of no law allowed me to work and perform as a Jedi Shadow. Most notably however, was the amount of people here who had some beef with the Jedi. This planet was out of the reach of the Jedi Control. Hence why there were so few of them around here. However, that does not mean they were watching you. A Jedi Shadow knows what to look for. They know what to find, and they will find whoever or whatever it is. The only question you need to ask is, "When will they be here."

Crouched on the top of a roof, I looked down at those below me. Looking at each of them in turn for something that would even hint at their disloyalty to the Republic or the Silver Jedi. Considering the fact that I was a Jedi Shadow, I could go anywhere. Be anyone. Infiltrate the Sith, or become a Dark Jedi to find my target, and exploit it. Looking to see a rather large man watching over his shoulder. I smiled as I followed his eyes. Seeing an armored bounty hunter after the man. I shrugged my shoulders to myself. May as well do something about it. Standing up, I dusted off my knees and moved at a walking pace. With aimed use of the force, I allowed myself to drop down into an alley ahead of the man. And once his pug face came even close, I reached out and grabbed him. Slinging him around to slam into the wall. He could see my lips and was about to speak. however, I covered his mouth with my hand, and brought an index finger to my lips. Silencing him.

I let go of the man and indicated for him to leave down the back portion of the alley. He did so with a thankful nod and a half assed salute. Turning my attention else where, I saw the hunter come around the corner. This time I did the same, only I had my lightsaber hilt in front of his face. Ready to be activated. His face was wide and scared to see a man, dressed in a crimson robe and a lightsaber in his face. My voice was soft, but well spoken and held authority that surpassed all other. "You will leave this planet. Return after in search for this man, and I will find you. You will never see me again, but I will see you." The straight fear factor of the saber in his face, the ability to threaten at such a cold tone, and the use of his greatest fear of being hunted like he did to others, made him shake his head in a yes, and try to run away from me discreetly. I let him go. Watching him as he crossed the street.

Coming out of the alley, I came to find a boy at the corner. Dressed in black, silver hair, and eyes closed. Calm. I was half tempted to leave him alone, but I thought better of it. Using my hand, I reached out and grabbed the tassel that was hanging from his hood. Tugging on it ever so slightly to grab his attention. "You will not speak of what happened here." Sometimes even the discrete need to be upfront.

[member="Aiden"],

[member="Onix"]

Aiden jumped slightly and open his eyes. One was blue the other seemed to be completely black. " Do what.. i didn't see anything" he said in a low tone. " But not like i care anyway, Why should i meddle in other peoples crap" he said rolling his eyes.. though fear could be easily heard in his voice.

My face smirked. Seeing the boy jump in a sudden shock of realizing that someone was next to him. Meaning he paid no attention to what had just happened. Not that this was bad for me, however, it meant that as a kid, he was not safe here. I could have been holding a saber in his gut and he wouldn't know until I activated it. Looking down at the young man as he tried to come up with a reason that he would not even care about my business, I could see a little bit of fear in his face, as well hear it in his voice. I cleared my face of emotion as he looked to me. His eyes, one blue and one black, looked almost glossy. Kind of like a blind person with their eyes.

I didn't ask directly about his eyes, however, I did ask about his sight, "You did not see anything." I quelled over it for a moment, "And tell me young one, how could I believe you. We are on a planet full of liars. What is to tell me otherwise that you did not see me and the two other men?"

[member="Aiden"],

" And why should i explain myself? Your the one sneaking around. " He said sighing and shook his head " Look who ever you are. Im telling you the truth i saw nothing Alright?" he said still sounding scared.

[member="Onix"]

I smiled. Yes, I was sneaking around. Yes, while he should not need to explain himself, I felt the need to pick on him. He was there, and available. As well, he blended in very well into the environment. Using it to his advantage. Had it not been for the skills I posses, or the white hair, I wouldn't have seen him. Still the fear, I lowered myself to his vision. looking at him. Looking into his eyes, however, he could not see mine under the shadow of the crimson hood. "Then tell me boy, why not lie to me when in fear?" Opening my hand, Inside was a SH-9 slugthrower pistol. Small enough that I could conceal it in my hand.

"You fear me for something. I doubt it be this weapon." My hand retracted, pulling out another one, only this held a lightsaber. "Nor this one." Pulling the other one back, my hands now seemed to be empty as they were held at my side while I stood up straight. "Tell me young one, What is it that you fear of me?"

[member="Aiden"],

Aiden's face grew very pale at the sight of the lightsaber " I knew it.. you .. you're a J Jedi... Or Worse..." he said slowly taking a few steps back now seemed terrified.

[member="Onix"]

His face changed from that of a mild fear, to be that of a nightmare. I knew instantly that he was scared by how I looked to possibly be a Jedi. Taking a few steps back from me, I could see him almost want to run. I decided I might as well let him do it. If people looked for me, they would never find a trace. Not even a sign that my feet had been there. I was almost literally a ghost. "Run if you would like, But let me offer you something." Holding out a comlink, I wanted him to grab it. "You fear what you are. Yes, I know what you are. If you fear yourself, then run and hide forever. When you feel like overcoming your fear, when you feel like you might be able to prevent this fear in others, activate the com. I will be there."

I wanted him to take it. If he did, it showed that he had some courage. Something that he would need later on. However, if he didn't then I was wrong. He was not one to be like myself. A ghost among people, but I was rarely wrong.

[member="Aiden"],

Aiden blinked few times before e sighed softly and reached out taking the Comlink. But he did not move yet just stood there looking at it for a few moment " You're willing to help me... Why?" He asked

[member="Onix"]

The young man took the com link from me. Confirming what I thought. I started to walk away, that was until the question of why to help him, Smiling under my hood I gave him a simple answer. "Ask yourself that." If he wanted to know why I wanted to help him, then he must learn of himself. Only then will he begin to understand others. Until then, he would be alone, and in the dark.

[member="Aiden"],

[member="Onix"]

Aiden blinked a few times and looked back at the comlink before he sat down aginst the wall and closed his eyes and began to think. thinking on everything in his life the good things and the bad. The one thing that stood the most to him was his fear, his mistrust in everyone around him especially those who could use the force. Because of his past he had labeled all force users as cruel and heartless, but there was something he remembered, a Jedi he had met once before She had helped him out but he had let his fear control him and he ran away.

He sat there thinking for a good few hours and nearly fell asleep. He open his eyes and looked around, it was pretty dark now most people were probably asleep. But Darkness was what he liked the most he found it easier to see in the dark than in the day time. ~ Was i wrong in thinking there all evil? I need to stop being so afraid all the time.~ he thought taking a deep breath and took the comlink from his pocket ~ its time I learn how to trust~ he added activating the comlink, knowing this was going to be very hard.

Walking away from the young man as he slumped down, I walked off into the crowd. Passing a person and then vanishing as though I was smoke. Really I had been moving and used an ability of shifting past people in a fashion to look as though I was floating. I moved past others. And moved to the nearest alley away from the kids vision. I looked down both sides. Seeing no life anywhere. I crouched down and smirked as I burst from the ground up in a jump. Enhanced with the force to leap all the way up to the top of a three story building. From there, I moved back to the street. Watching the boy, and everyone else once more. Until I would get the call. A call that could renew life and yet end another.

It was hours later. After watching the streets die down to almost nothing in the absence of light and the star that flooded the world with life, I had found that taking a lightsaber apart and putting it back together in different ways with hands, and the force was a challenge. Each piece needed to be in correct order. Even as the generic purple crystal began to luminece in the darkness. I could feel a vibration on my belt. A smirk formed over my lips. Putting the lightsaber back together. I placed it on my hip as I stood up. Walking a few houses down, jumping down one roof to be on a balcony, and jumping across the street to the building behind the young lad. I landed in the alley once more. Walking out, I came to stand in front of him.

"Should you choose to accept my offer in full, Know that you will not have a normal life. The one you have now will no longer exist. You will become a ghost among an order of Jedi. Forever in the service of it's people, and the people of the Galaxy." In that time, I had grabbed a lightsaber from my back. An old yellow saber that I no longer used. Even in my days as an apprentice. The silver hilt seemed to almost gleam. Handing it out towards him, "Take the hilt and accept, or walk away and forget of the life of Ghosts, and Shadows."

[member="Aiden"],

[member="Onix"]

" anything would be better than how life is now" Aiden said reaching out and slowly took the hilt into his own hand before he took a deep breath " My name is Aiden" He said with a small hint of a smile on hit lips, though he still looked very nervous.

As the young man took the saber hilt. I let my arm drop. His own, slowly pulling the weapon towards his body. He took a deep breath. One that I knew would set his entire life in motion. One that would renew him in ways never thought possible. His name spoken, I nodded my head, "Nice to meet you. However, we will need to fix that on a later date." Offering him my hand in a shake, "Others call me Onix. By few, I am known as James." If he shook or not, Iet my grip go and indicated to the south, "We will be heading that way. As we have much to talk about."

(OOC: We can end this here and start another thread, or we can continue. Your choice.)
[member="Aiden"],

Aiden return the handshake "its... nice to meet you as well" he said with a small nod of his head. "Alright..Lets go" he added looking around for a moment and then looked back at him.

[member="Onix"]

Nodding my head to him. He wanted to go. Turning into the direction of the ship, I began to walk. Not saying a word at first. But I decided that I might as well start talking to him about what it was like. However I wanted him to find out on his own. "What do you think my job is Aiden?" I continued to walk on. Not looking at him. While I was going to be his master, I was not going to show my face. My stature outside of this job was too high, and to many things were at stake to rest on a child with the identity of who I was. While I looked different than what I normally was, There were some similarities between my real face and the one of "James"

[member="Aiden"],

[member="Onix"]

Aiden blinked a few times " Well.. Umm, I don't know" he said looking down a bit as he walked alongside him." or more like i'm not sure. " He added.

I smiled as he gave the generic answer of "I don't know" Well not really, it was close enough. I smiled under my hood. While I could see that his head dipped, I continued to walk. "When you answer someone, Do so with conviction and your head held up." I wanted him to also learn about speaking with confidence. If you didn't do so when relaying important information, One may think its a lie or you are not sure of yourself. Better to look correct and be a fool, than to be correct and miss a chance at finishing the mission. Continuing on, "I want you to think critically about what I look like. You know some of the gear I carry. Use those as clue or signs to what I could do. If you have absolutely no clue, then say you don't. But at least give me one educated guess."

If he could not pick up clues from people, or at least learn how to, then he would not be suited for this kind of work. It was my job to now teach him how to use these skills that were available to him, and to use them for a purpose. Not to let them go to waste.

[member="Aiden"],

[member="Onix"]

Aiden looked at him for a moment then sighed as he thought quietly. " Well.. your outfit for one.. it seems to help you blend into the shadows.. But you're not like other Jedi I have meet." he said brushing his hair away from his nose after it caused him to sneeze. After he continued " I never heard you make a sound, which is odd due to my sharp hearing. "he said looking back at him " You're like a shadow rarely seen nor heard." he paused again and thought for a moment " You use these skills to track down people?" he asked

Looking to him as we still walked, I smiled. Nodding my head to show that he was correct, "Yes. I hunt, or as you put it, Track people. However I do a little bit more." Pulling out necklace, it had a rather large piece of metal. "I find items of importance, be it of light or dark sided, and determine what to do with it." Handing it to him to look at the amulet, "This is made out of a tanzoin, it hides your force signature. Its an item of value." I then pointed to the saber hilt in his hand. "Now, why do you think I hunt people?"

[member="Aiden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom