Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Search for Improvement

The large space of the hanger of the Ryuk was quiet, but not silent. The sounds of boots padded around, the whirring of ships arose, voices of the crew as they worked on their ships' maintenance. But one sound stood out from among the rest. The humming of a lightsaber. It was mostly constant, except for moments where it was swung and a louder hum would emit before returning to the quieter tone. The weapon in question was currently being used in a corner of the hanger, the wielder none other than a young girl.

Mira fought the air, a new determination driving her. Even though the lightsaber she held was not her own, but instead a borrow from her master [member="Romeo Sin"], the Echani treated it like her most valuable possession. Which, other than freedom, it was. Today, the apprentice was different. Gone was the fear and hesitation in her eyes. She had been living with Romeo for a year and a half now. The events of her long time as a Sith slave were in the past. She had to move forward. She had to get stronger. Some may say her determination came from her past, fighting like she was fighting the Sith. Fighting to forget her past. Fighting against all the people who wronged her and used her. But this was not true. At least not all of it. She wasn't fighting the Sith in her mind. She was fighting her master.

The young Mira could sense emotions and the energy of her master, and her training with Romeo, albeit little and rare, was paying off. She felt how much he was disappointed in her. How much he thought she wasn't strong enough. How much he thought she was a waste of time. She didn't want to be that. Not to him. Not to the man who saved her life. So she fought. Although her form was improper, her hands were steady and her eyes glowed red, although some may say that was due to the red glow of the blade.

She imagined her master in front of her, wielding a similar blade. The image struck at her side and she blocked. He stabbed and she parried. Sliced down from above and she rolled out of the way. Popping back up, she attacked. Slice, stab, swing, slice. It was a steady pattern, but at irregular intervals and locations to try to confuse her imaginary opponent.

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the room, Romeo stood, and watched as his apprentice practiced her form, it was simply, chaotic. His eyes strategically followed her blade, watching her movements as her muscles moved reflexes becoming honed. Her eyes themselves focused on the invisible blade that would attack, then defend against her own...his own, lightsaber. The red moved faster than the normal human eye could catch up with, but with training in the Force, one's eyes could follow the direction of the blade.​
Romeo stepped forward out of the darkness, and clapped.​
"I believe it is time, that we rid of that old thing, and make your own signature lighstaber, [member="Mira Starwind"], remember..."
He made a slight hand movement which brought a large box over to him, inside was parts for a lightsaber, many for her to pick, and chose, with crystals of various colors.​
"...this weapon is yours, it should reflect who you are, what you stand for."
He moved forward again with the box floating in front of him, with his hands covered up by the white cape that he wore, his mask clipped to his belt.​

At the sound of her master's voice, Mira stopped. Turning to [member="Romeo Sin"], she pressed the button, deactivating the blade. He was talking about building her own lightsaber, and even brought over a box with metallic parts and crystals. Her red eyes flicked to the box once before returning to his face. She gave a respectful bow, before straightening up. A small bit of rage spiked through her. "With all due respect, master," she was suddenly feeling rebellious. She had no idea or reason why. Maybe she was tired of being ignored, tired of being pushed aside. Tired of being useless. "There is no need for that."

Shrugging, she returned her blade to her belt. "I do not need a new lightsaber. I need training. I need to be stronger." Her defiance showed in her eyes before they faded back to gold. She blinked, seeming to snap out of her rebellious streak. "Uh...I mean..." She glanced at the floor, suddenly feeling embarrassed and ashamed. "I would like that." She took the box from the air and stared at its contents emptily. "My deepest gratitude."

An sneer cracked on Romeo's face as he saw her rebellion flicker on, then off. This pleased him to see her muster courage to try, and defy him, it showed strength, but he shook his head, and placed the box on the ground. Punishment was still required in such an act, and an tch sound came thrice from his tongue pressing against his teeth. Romeo pushed his came back, and revealed his own weapons, and stretched his right hand out, using the Force to snap the purple bladed one to that hand.​
"Then come at me child, show me the strength you have already learned."
With a quick movement that flowed like water, he snapped into a defensive position, his blade up at a angle while his left hand was away from his body behind him.​
A slight movement of his head, and the box slid to a wall nearby.​
"Try, and defy me [member="Mira Starwind"], show me what you're really made of. Or did the Sith make you that weak?"
He had respect for her, he was just trying to bring that rage back out, wanted her to use it against him.​
"Are you still a scared little girl, are you a slave still? Does your fear control you?"

Mira stared up at him with wide eyes. No...what had she done? She didn't mean to rebel, she honestly didn't understand what came over her. Her mouth opened as she tried to form words, but just fell open when he drew his purple blade. When she fought an imaginary version of him, she didn't expect to actually fight him! This was all so wrong. She should be apologizing, making up for it with chores or...she shuddered thinking about what the slavers made her to in retribution.

Then Romeo spoke of the Sith. Was she weak? Her mouth closed and a different light shone in her eyes. She was a scared little girl, but still a slave? Did they still control her? Turning her right wrist, she stared down at the skin, which was burned and scarred from shackles and chains, and forms of torture. Her eyes flicked back to Romeo, the gold melting away to a crimson red, the same colour she shed for her slavers.

"No," she breathed, her hand moving to her borrowed blade. Drawing it, she activated the energy. Stepping back with one foot, she almost mirrored her master, except with two hands on the grip. She was tired. Tired of being a slave. Tired of being pushed around. Tired of being ignored and forgotten. Silently, she charged, her blade whipping through the air towards [member="Romeo Sin"]'s shoulder. He would probably block and she wouldn't expect anything less. Instead, she pulled back, swung again, trying to hit anywhere she could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom