Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Sage Amulet

Status
Not open for further replies.
bLqASXo.jpg

Name: The Sage Amulet
Intent: To create a unique Sith artifact that allows the wearer additional strength against mental attacks
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.ne...all-os-members/
Manufacturer: Sage Bane
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Alchemized silver, Corusca gem

Description:
The amulet was created in the Dark Forge of the Temple of Pain by Sage Bane, Sith Alchemist. The amulet is made of alchemized silver and inlaid with a rare Corusca gem. A Rune of Bonding was inscribed onto the gem by Sage Bane, and then in a focusing chamber, the construction was imbued with Sage’s powers of mental resistance. Next, it was fused with two specific runes, etched in silver, a Sith Master Rune, which amplifies its power, and a rune called The Ur Rune, which gives the artifact added protection. Lastly, as with most alchemized trinkets, a bit of Sage’s blood was fused into the artifact to seal its power. When the crafting was complete, the fusing of the runes, together with the Sith magician’s blood turned the Corusca gem a deep crimson color.

The Sage amulet’s primary function is to boost the wearer’s mental defense against Force attacks that target the mind. Depending on the power of the mental attack, the amulet may dampen the effects. The more powerful the attack, the more concentration is needed to dampen the effect. The amulet must be worn to be used. If it is not close enough to the user’s body, it will not work.

Strengths:

• Lightsaber resistant: Like most canon alchemized artifacts, the The Sage Amulet is lightsaber resistant

• Resistant to lower-level Force attacks: The Ur Rune makes the amulet itself (not the wearer) resistant to all but Master level Force attacks that attempt to destroy the object
Weaknesses:

• Concentration: The user needs complete focus to resist the attack. If physically hit or elsewise distracted while focusing, the resistance will fail, and concentration will need to begin anew
  • Unbound: Although the amulet uses Sage Bane’s blood, it can be used by anyone well-versed in casting Sith magic. Since it still retains its power in the hands of another user, this aspect makes the amulet a tempting object to steal

Sage Bane said:
It can boost abilities one rank above the wearer’s rank. So, for example an Acolyte can use it to resist an attack from a Knight, but not a Master, and so on. The amulet must be worn to be used. If it is not close enough to the user’s body, it will not work.
This is not going to fly. I will allow a vague description which is up to the reader's interpretation, but I will not be pushing through a submission that allows a master level force user nearly impassable mental faculties (disregarding that it us already up to the writer in question to write their own hits and such). This will need to be reworded in some way that does not make such clear-cut black-and-white defenses.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

I edited the description as requested, reworded to be more vague:

Depending on the power of the mental attack, the amulet may dampen the effects. The more powerful the attack, the more concentration is needed to dampen the effect.
I believe that is along the lines of what you're looking for, but let me know if you need further edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom