Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sabrathan Family Q&A

..:: The Sabrathan Family ::..
20ec4bab-9ee8-4b85-a05f-4865b932fc08_zps5efa99f3.jpg
This thread is to answer the questions that members may have about the Sabrathan Family. While I will provide as much information as I can, I will likewise endeavor to answer any questions that are asked. If you feel that there is some information that I've not provided, please poise your questions and I will do my best to see that they are answered promptly.

Who are the Sabrathan Family?

The Sabrathan Family is of minor nobility, whose original ties lie within the Deep Core and Core Worlds. During a time known to the family as the "Sabrathan Purge" or "Purge of the Sabrathans" a single cadet branch managed to recover a sizable portion of the family's wealth and flee to the Outer Rim Territories. There they established the current Sabrathan Family on the world of Dubrillion. The Family itself has been known for two things, their deep connections with the force, and their rage.

What is the current Hierarchy of the Family?

Currently the Sabrathan Family is headed by Matriarch Thea Sabrathan, a Human/Sephi hybrid whom inherited the title from her predecessor upon their withdrawal from the Galaxy. Additionally, other members of the Sabrathan Family serve in the capacity of Family Lieutenants, whom are often entrusted with overseeing various operations and interests of the family.

What Goals does the current Matriarch have for the Family?

Matriarch Thea Sabrathan is currently invested in seeing the Family brought back to the height of power, wealth and influence that it once experienced during its tenure when the Old Republic was a major power in the galaxy. Her primary focus is to both ensure the future of the Family by establishing deals and treaties to secure the family's sovereignty over Dubrillion. Further goals include expanding upon the Family's dwindling wealth by financing various lucrative interest (these may or may not be entirely legal) as well as funding archaeological expeditions and other operations of interest in the Outer Rim Territories.

Why should I join / create a Sabrathan Family member?

That choice is entirely upon your own shoulders. There will be no member seeking to pressure you into joining the Family or making any overly overt actions to attempt to do so. What the Family can offer is itself. Sometimes it is just as well to know that you have someone that will be at your back as to prevent the galaxy from overtaking you both.

The Sabrathan Family offers a close community of family members to provide for character development and story driven content, as well as adventures, intrigue and plotting to your hearts desire.

The Emperor of Panatha

Being without understanding that civilized clans don't bomb one another

They poison each other through various middle-persons resulting in hundreds of years of constant retribution

:p

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

*coughs loudly*

ahem,
How long as the Sabrathan family been around? Did it ever go into hiding, fall back, or experience any significant inactive periods?
I have an... old alt who might have connections to the family.

Historically I have the view of the Sabrathan Family as having ties to the Old Republic, circa 3900-3600 BBY (roughly the height of its power) at which point it had various cadet branches and families with ties to the main Sabrathan Family Branch.

During roughly 3000-2900 BBY there was the event known as "The Sabrathan Purge" at which point much of its properties in the Deep Core and Core Worlds was either destroyed or seized. Many of its cadet branch families were destroyed and the main family fell apart. A handful of the surviving Sabrathan Family members fled to the Outer Rim Territories and set themselves up on Dubrillion where the family has been dwindling ever since.

Those few members of the cadet branches, or even entire families of these branches may have had more luck in hiding and disappearing (changing names, etc etc) that allowed them to survive over the years.

[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

[member="Matriarch Sabrathan"]
Hmm... interesting. Any idea about what might have happened around the time of the Gulag plague? Or generally anything from around 100 ABY to 800 ABY? [member="Avanté Sai Halver"] is roughly 830 years old, and currently owns several large companies (one canon, one which needs to be put through the factory). Her family is of Garhoon royalty, but has long 'abandoned' the position (they were exiled). Avan has since built the Halvers back up.

She could use allies, business partners, and clients.
She's a speechwriter, amongst other things. It would be interesting to see her work with the Sabrathans.

Much of the history for the family from 100 ABY to 800 ABY is generally just a slow decline of their wealth. Some minor family members of note helped shore up the family wealth, though there's not much during that time that really made any progress for the family. Mainly due to the family member's connection to the force and their naturally long lifespans, the family has been able to limp on.

It would be very helpful and useful to new allies and partners as Thea plans on building the family up again.

[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

The Sabrathan Family is still open and looking for others to join its ranks. If you have questions and comments (preferably those not related to Flemeth and Dragon Age) please make them known and I will address them as soon as I can.

[member="Matriarch Sabrathan"] darn fine I won't ask about Flemeth or Dragon Age but I want you to know I'm dyeing on the inside! So are there any benefits to making a character related to the Sabrathan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom