Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Resilience Form (Veino Garn)

The speeder ride from the spaceport to the temple wasn't as long as he had expected, yet it was a nuisance nonetheless. Jason's ship was too big to simply land anywhere in the forest, and so he had to land it at the nearest spaceport, then catch a speeder to where this 'Grey Temple' was meant to be.

Arriving outside the temple, Jason looked around, seeing if he could make out anyone who looked like a teacher...

[member="Veino Garn"]

Veino paused, studying this newcomer. A new student. He wiped the dirt from his hands on his pants, and stood from where he had been doing some gardening. It was a peaceful hobby, and well worth the work. He stood and walked over.

"Hello, I'm Veino Garn. You seem to be looking for someone. Is there anyone I can help you find?"

[member="Jason Deroit"]

Jason inclined his head politely, unsure whether this man was a teacher or not. He's very young... But then again, I'm getting old... "A teacher, hopefully." He replied, smiling. "Looking for a path of balance, like it seems everyone is here. I prefer Lightsaber combat, Djem So specifically. Although, I know the basics of Soresu. Are you a teacher?"

Veino nodded slowly, "I am a teacher, yes. Until recently when one of my students was promoted and a master joined us while the founder was traveling, the only teacher. Soresu, I can teach you quite a bit. It's my preferred form."

[member="Jason Deroit"]

Jason look down at the dirt from Veino's gardening. "Would you comfortable teaching now, or would you like some time to change clothes?" He asked, bringing his eyes back up. Ever since he was a youngling, he'd never had a permanent master. Veino, although he was young, seemed knowledgable, suited for the role. he had a good feeling about this.

"I can teach now," Veino replied, adjusting his shirt, "Teaching will just get it dirty anyways, and gardening is a warm up." He checked the training area. It seemed open from here. "Care to follow me to the training area..." He trailed off, not sure of the man's name.

"Jason." He nodded. "Jason Deroit, at your service. Let's go to the training area." The man smiled, following closely behind Veino to the training area, examining its layout as they walked. Although it wasn't as grand as the Coruscant training grounds, in some ways it was still better.

"Glad to have you here, Jason. We don't often have many new students filtering in." He checked around to see what was going on. It was clear, and he walked
over to his favorite spot, which was beneath an old oak tree. He stopped and turned, pulling his lightsaber out in one smooth motion, and then turned the power down to its lowest level.

"How much of the basics do you know?"

[member="Jason Deroit"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom