Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Psychometry of Alexandra's Arm

CORUSCANT
ONE SITH ACADEMY
PROLOGUE​
The robed, masked figure of Darth Adekos entered the room quickly, cloak splayed out behind him. Waiting for him in the empty room were a couple of dark skinned near-humans dressed in the attire of Sith acolytes. They were students here at the academy, waiting for the day where their skills would be considered honed enough that they could battle the enemies of the Sith alongside their brethren. However, their particular skills were being called on today, and it wasn't for combat.

"Basilidies and Eucilides Philus?"

They nodded curtly to Adekos, standing at attention in his presence. It was quite adorable that, even after Sith training, they hadn't come to hate one another's guts. They worked well together on the battlefield, but they worked even better when engaging in a little bit of Psychometry. Their cheif weakness was that they couldn't do very well with it without the other one, but that was hardly relevant. They were both here now, and they had something that needed to be done.

Adekos gestured into the hallway, gesturing for his waiting TA4 attendant to enter the room. It was holding a large briefcase. "You have been called on to use your skill in psychometry for the good of the One Sith. You will go back as far as reasonably possible and report your findings directly to me."

Alexandra's arm (the one that hadn't been eaten by Darth Orcus) hadn't gotten any preservatives since it was removed a few weeks ago. Hopefully these two weren't squeamish.

ACT I ~ SCENE I​
As quickly as he came, Adekos and his droid departed. Basilidies and Eucilides, now to henceforth be referred to as Basil and Eustace, were left alone in the room with the arm on the table. The flesh seemed to be rotting, and the fingernails had continued to grow even after death. Both acolytes could only wonder what marvelous atrocity Alexandra had committed to have one of her arms plucked off and delivered to them to psychoanalyze.

"Gross." Basil said.
"We are an extension of the Dark Lord. We must execute his will." Eustace replied.
"The will of the Dark Lord is gross."
"Yes, it is."

They began their psychometry on that note, pushing past the events of the trial with little interest. They had been instructed to do so. It wasn't their business, nor would it be helpful. Since the two were mere acolytes, their analysis would be prone to jumping around to different points in time. Ultimately their goal was to gather information, not assemble an accurate chronology of events. Their first stop showed Alexandra at a temple, though they could not distinguish the exact location. For one reason or another Alexandra had mislead an apprentice about her position as 'Master of the Grey.' Whatever that was. There wasn't anything terribly enlightening to be found here, but Basil was enjoying himself.

"[member="Dawn"] is pretty cute."
"Focus, please."

They pushed on.

ACT I ~ SCENE II​
The two Kiffar continued their journey through time and space, eventually coming to another event between their subject and who Basil would consider another cute girl. Eustace already suspected there would be no useful information to gleam here, but Basil insisted they stay. His brother was about to voice annoyance, when [member="Maja Vern"] suddenly mentioned the Bane's Heart Crystal.

"I've read of this crystal. There is only one in existence." Eustace pondered out loud. "It is said that it prevents others from wielding their lightsaber. I hope she uses it well."
"I hope she is single."
"Basilidies."
"Sorry."

Entertaining as it was to witness these events, there was nothing to be gleamed here. Despite Basil's desire to stick around to see if any better angles of Maja were offered, Eustace continued to bring them forward.

ACT I ~ SCENE III​

This event seemed to drag on forever with no end in sight. Eustace enjoyed witnessing this profound learning experience, even if it didn't reveal any information they were looking for. Hours had passed by now and so far they had nothing to show for it. Doubtless they would have to remain at it until they uncovered something usable, but when that would be was anyone's guess. This particular experience involved the subject taking lessons on one thing or another by the war criminal, [member="Matsu Ike"]. Given that these were both rather plain-faced women involved now, Basil started having trouble paying attention or even faking interest.

Eustace never failed to be disappointed in his brother's tendencies.

"This is incredibly dry."
"It is."
"Can we move on?"
"No."

Every moment, every event would be viewed to completion. It had to be. How else were they going to help the cause of the Dark Lord? His will was theirs. They would not allow themselves to go back empty handed. Steeling themselves for even more dull or uninteresting affairs, they continued to push further on.

ACT I ~ SCENE IV​

Basilidies would have narrowed his eyes as the man removed his hood. Would have, if they weren't shut in deep concentration.

"Is that the former Grandmaster of the Jedi?"
"It would appear so." Eustace affirmed. He was more in-tune with general knowledge than his brother. "Alexandra has many powerful contacts. Curious they allowed her to be captured, tried, and killed."
"I would not say two is plenty."

They continued to watch in silence, taking note of the exchange between Feanor and [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]. These were both rather strange people. People who ran around in the wilderness after giving birth could only be considered strange. It was also readily apparent to both Kiffar brothers that this DragonsFlame was not nearly as amusing or wise as he seemingly thought he was. Even Eustace was tempted to abandon their project here and continue some other time. Discipline prevented him from doing so, thankfully.

Making his first useful observation, Basilidies spoke again. "She talks of some other entity within her frequently. Is it pertinent?"
"Unless it knows where her accomplices are located, I doubt it. I suspect it is just her own hallucinations."

Eustace was starting to lose track of time. Getting to know this Alexandra person better was rather droll. How much farther were they going to have to dig before they got anywhere useful?

ACT I ~ SCENE V​
Hours constantly ticked by and the information the brothers gathered became increasingly more and more sporadic and less coherent. The pictures they assembled were starting to become less clear, possibly as a result of the slow onset of exhaustion. As had already been mentioned several times before, neither Eustace nor Basil had any intention of returning to their quarters empty handed. Willingly, anyway. Although the Sith were probably inclined to work acolytes like them to death, the services of Eustace and Basil were far too valuable to see them dead. Besides, this information wasn't that important. It was simply nice to have. The enemies of the One Sith, while largely incompetent and somewhat scattered, occasionally managed to be wily.

But Alexandra's friends wouldn't be able to count on that much longer.

They were treated to a memory of Alexandra boarding a vessel, giving specific instructions to a pilot whose name they heard. They also recieved a vague impression of the make and model of the ship in question. They couldn't see much and could hardly piece together anything useful from this information. There was no time to reflect on this, as they were abruptly brought forward into the memory. They got the impression she was on the surface, speaking to a group of people. Things became foggier the longer it went on.

Things were mismatched, it seemed. The people were not... Congruent? That was all they could tell. Perhaps they were looking at splices of different memories as per their exhaustion. Although they couldn't wholly perceive their surroundings, they could hear a singular voice, its tone one that would be addressing a crowd. Not that they could understand what he was saying. Could this be the place they were looking for, then? If so, then whoever had transported Alexandra would be aware of the location of this Veradune. Yes, that was what Darth Adekos had asked for. This was what the Dark Lord wanted. And they were one step closer to retrieving it.

As abruptly as it started, their psychometry session ended. Eustace collapsed first, immobile on the ground except for his heaving chest as he sucked in as much air as possible. Basil managed to keep his balance by holding onto the edge of the table for several seconds before tipping over to the floor.

"Once we're-" Basil said, interrupted by his own strained breathing. "-Able, we must track down... The pilot."
"Absolutely."

And then the two of them, lacking the strength to even remain conscious, fell into a fitful, restless sleep. It would be several hours before they continued in their mission.

ACT II ~ SCENE I​
Research is important. In fact, as far as Eustace was concerned, proper research was a virtue. Basil on the other hand held no patience for reading long-winded reports. Initially they had decided the best option for finding the location of this mysterious Veradune would be to capture, subdue, and interrogate the pilot that had brought Alexandra to the planet. Then they remembered that planets, given that they are remarkably huge things, are very rarely ever able to be kept a secret. Especially not populated ones in well explored sectors of space that housed numerous governments from the beginning of time to the very painful present. No, if one wanted a secret planet, they would have to go to the Unknown Regions. Not barely a hexagon away from hallmark worlds like Ryloth and Geonosis.

And so began the clandestine pouring over historical documents by Eustace and Basil. Or, rather, mostly Eustace. While Eustace was seated, hunched over a datapad, Basil's meandered around the library. His path traced lazy circles around Eustace's table, contorting his feet every so often to avoid stepping on a specifically colored tile. Those, he had decided in his mind, were lava.

"I preferred my idea of finding the pilot better." He eventually commented.
"Unfortunate." Eustace slid his finger across the datapad, moving to the next page of the document.

Basil slipped ever-so-slightly, mistakenly plunging his foot ankle deep into the aforementioned lava. He scowled, more out of boredom than frustration.

"Perhaps we should split up." He suggested. "I'll-"
"No."

The impatient Kiffar gave a defeated sigh and continued his restless sauntering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom