Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Prodigal Son Returns

Mandalore
For the first time in seven years, Rickon Ordo set foot on the soil of the Mandalorian homeworld. A native of Concord Dawn himself, Rickon had always held a special affinity for that world, but Mandalore ... there was history here. Thousands of years of history, paved in Mandalorian blood. After the Gulag plague, the Mandos had changed a little. Not by much, but there was perceptible shift in their thinking that differed from that of the Mandos of old. The Neo-Crusaders, Mandalore the Ultimate ... Rickon knew his history well. He was a traditional Mando warrior, to a tee, and he was damn proud of it.

The 6'2" pure Mando soldier walked down the rampway of his ship, with a tiny five-year-old figure in tow. That was his boy Cassus, his pride and joy ... the little lad was quiet and a fast learner. He'd surpass his not inconsiderably respected old man if he kept up with his lessons. Rickon grinned at that thought. It was important to have a child to continue the Mando tradition of martial excellence. It was especially important to make sure that he or she surpassed you.

"<Keep your eyes open, lad.>"

Little Cassus nodded quietly, walking by his dad's side. Rickon too kept his eyes peeled, looking around for a big, ugly lunk. His adopted cousin and aliit'buur would be there to greet them, if the news he'd received was correct. And perhaps some others ... Rickon Ordo wasn't just any old Mando. He'd made a name for himself out in the galaxy, a reputation for excellence. He wasn't just a regular Mando soldier ... he was pure Mandalorian. The prodigan son had returned home.

@[member="Ordo"] @Any other Mando

Evi Sohl

E
"Slow down, Cad'ika! The crate isn't going anywhere until we get there!"

The woman had to laugh as she shook her head, glowing crimson eyes watching the little boy race down the main path. He narrowly avoided crashing into people coming from the side paths that led to the individual landing pads time and again, which made her wonder if perhaps he was going to be Force sensitive. She'd have to ask one of her vod who was to have a look. Blinking, she paused her steps and realized she wasn't entirely sure how she felt about that possibility.

But that was neither here nor there. She had finally arranged for the rest of their things to be shipped over from storage on Socorro, and Cade was beside himself wanting his weighted blasters to practice with. E'vi shrugged and followed behind her son as he veered off down one of the paths, fingers adjusting one of the clasps of her corset-top.

The wrong path, she realized belatedly - he'd turned a little too early.

"Oh hell..." she muttered, steps hurrying to catch up before he got into any mischief. "...Cad'ika, this isn't where we're supposed to go..." she began saying as she stepped into the clearing, eyes on the small blond haired blue eyed boy who'd stopped in his tracks. He pointed at the ramp and the people striding down it, hopping excitedly from foot to foot.

"Look!" he crowed, in spite of E'vi's attempts to quiet him. She gave in, sighed, and looked up to see who had drawn his attention. Seeing the small boy at the man's side, she smiled, then looked up to who must have been his father.

"Olarom, vod...please pardon my son's rather enthusiastic nature. Sometimes he forgets his manners." she smiled, resting a hand on top of Cade's mop of blonde curls.

@[member="Rickon Ordo"]

@[member="Rickon Ordo"] @[member="Evi Sohl"]

Ordo warched the ordeal as Cad'ika ran up to his Vod and son. Ordo cut a strip of nerf jerky off a chunk of dehydrated meat and popped it in his mouth before standing.

He crossed the street and stood behind Evi and to the left as he hook his thumbs into his old mando utiliy belt.

"Well" he said loudly, "I'm still prettier than you ner vod. Is that good looking boy stuck with you?"

[member="Evi Sohl"] [member="Ordo"]

"Not a problem, mesh'la." Even Rickon's grins had a certain swagger to them. He made sure that he favoured the pretty brunette with one of his better ones. "The little lad has a sharp eye. This little terror is Cassus. I'm Rickon."

"Su cuy'gar." The little lad piped up. Clearly the boy was itching to play, but he dutifully waited for his father's say so. Rickon noticed this, and held off for now. Which proved wise.

"Well" a voice boomed, "I'm still prettier than you ner vod. Is that good looking boy stuck with you?"

"Until he gets his own ship." Rickon turned with a big smile and went to greet his aliit'buir gladly. Family was everything. Ordo Be Ar'klim wasn't blood, but that didn't matter. His name was Rickon's name; that meant more than shared genes ever could. "Can't believe you're still alive, you ugly bastard."

He hadn't seen much of his adopted cousin, but he grasped his arm enthusiastically nonetheless.

"Thought an adiik would mistake your gob for an akk dog and blow it off for sure." Rickon chuckled. "Good to see you, ner vod. Cassus lad, come say hello to your aliit'buur."

Cassus dutifully did so, though his mind was clearly still on playing with young Cade.

[member="Rickon Ordo"] [member="Evi Sohl"]

Ordo took a knee and stuck a hand out for the young Cassus.

"Oya Vod'ika." Ordo said smiling, "did you meet my grand son Cade? I bet you two can play at my farm later while I talk to your Buir."

Ordo stood and nudged [member="Evi Sohl"].

"This is one of my Daughters, Rickon." He said with a bit of pride. "Why don't you all come to the farm and get a hot meal and tell me what you've been up to?"

Evi Sohl

E
[member="Rickon Ordo"] ~ [member="Ordo"]

Even after so many months on Mandalore within the heart of a loving Clan with family and friends everywhere she turned, she still sometimes found it hard to believe. E'vi smiled brightly up at Rickon, his grin not completely lost on her. That the man could grin and manage it with some measure of swagger was quite the talent. That he needed to...well, that was another matter entirely. No doubt that grin had and would garner him plenty of attention, and she made a mental note to keep an eye on him.

It was a grin like that, she noted, that had gotten her in trouble at sixteen, after all.

Wrinkling her nose as her buir nudged her, she couldn't help but smile broadly at both him and down at Cade, who was doing his very best to wait patiently at his mother's side. But at three and a half years old, it was difficult to tamp down the enthusiasm inherent in a brand new playmate - and one that was family to boot!

"I've got the big landspeeder with me if we all want to pile in. Was supposed to move a crate to the apartment, but I think it can wait until later, right Cad'ika?" the young woman peered down at her son who nodded so fast she had to bit her lip to keep from laughing.

The five-year-old Cassus quietly shook Ordo's hand, smiling despite trying to look the part of the tough, serious warrior. The lad was still in the stage of trying to be his old man ... Rickon wondered if he'd ever grow out of it. The big Mando smiled fondly at his offspring, who retreated and was studying young Cade with a curious eye. The boy had learned to size everyone up; it was part of being on the run with his dad. Rickon had made sure his son was streetsmart from an early age.

"Sounds good to me, ner vod." Still smiling broadly at Ordo, he shifted his gaze back to the older man's daughter as she offered a lift, then to his boy. "What do you think, Cass'ika?"

"Sounds good to me." Rickon chuckled. The little lad was playing it cool. Ruffling Cassus' straight blonde hair, he thanked Evi with a nod and started walking.

"So you're a granddad now, mate?" He asked Ordo, still smiling. It was good to be with family, and somewhere safe. "It's been a long time.."

[member="Evi Sohl"] [member="Ordo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom