Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Numbers are In-A Census of Chaos completed

For those who do not know, I did a survey or sorts for part of my statistics class. Call it a Census if Chaos, if you would like. I got 44 Participants, and got a lot of really cool data. Here is what we found; tabulated in short:

The sample size (those who participated) was 44 strong, yes including @Cira. What did we see from this data:

-- The average Chaos writer has 11 characters.
-- The average number of female characters to a writer is 9, almost double the average number of males (5).
--There are approximately ten adult characters to each minor character.
--The average chaos writer writes 3 children player characters and 11 adult characters.
--The most under-written character are "non gender", "gender not defined" and "genderfluid" and the "Trans gender" etc etc
--Most writers have a dominant demographic; that is to say most writers have either "adult male" or "male child" or "adult female" characters.
--You already knew this, but Cira has the most characters on the board.

How statistics Affects Your gaming expereince

So, now that we got that out of the way, let's have some fun, shall we? Here is the computation of the raw data, just so you know what we are working with:

TOTALS

AVERAGES

Mode

Median

Population Standard Devation

First quartile

Third quartile

Pretty boring, isn't it? But here is what we can see; there are 474 characters in the sample, and 136 males, 3 non-gender, 208 females, 24 minors, and 294 adults. ((Note that not everyone who participated gave genders or ages. As a result, there is a fair bit of gray missing data)

Still boring, right? Well, let's have some fun and work with these numbers.

We know Cira has 166 characters. So, if you go into this sample size and play with ONE random character from the data, you have a 166 out of 474 chance of that writer being Cira. Or that's a 35% chance of playing with Cira. Now, she has 108 female characters, that makes a 22% of playing with one of her female alts.

But, wait there is more. Just because the average chaos player has 11 characters, doesn't mean that most do. Actually, we see an opposite trend. The Mode (or most commonly occurring number) for writers on the board is 1. That is to say, most writers of chaos have 1 character.

There are a disproportionately large number of females on the board--136 males to 208 females. The real world demographic is closer to 1 male to 1.5 females. What are your chances of running into a female from our sample size? At least 43%, with a 28% for males (Again, I know those numbers do not add up totally, but that's why I said at least because not everyone accounted for genders. And that's ok.) With numbers like these it kinda makes sense that there are so many "roosters in the hen house" sort of guys who are playboys. It also makes sense that there are so many lesbian/bisexual women.

Unfortunately, I didn't get enough info on FU's vs NFUs to make a real composite on that.

So what are your chances of running into a child on chaos? Well, say your on some random Tumblr sort of thing for chaos and you randomly get assigned a character. Based off our data you have a whopping 5% chance of that happening. And of that, you have a strong chance of it being Sor-Jan or one of his alts.

You think that is small? Using the same probability you have a .06% chance of running into a gender fluid/transgender/nonspecified/etc character. Those are some tiny numbers. As small as it is, you still have a larger chance of running into a droid alt, 3%.

I hope you find this data fun, revealing, and a hard look at what Chaos is. I will be working on awarding those who helped soon, cheers mates!

[member="Nyx"]

No. You can has puppy cause I like you. You can have two puppies for participating.

[member="Veino Garn"]

Without [member="Cira"] the number drops from 11 to 7. All things considered that's pretty darn steady with a large outlier. :D. Things stay pretty consistent with chances to encounter a female and male if we exclude her alts.

We could basically consider her a strong sample of Chaos.

[member="Zef Halo"]

I took this as a given. :D

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Sounds accurate enough from an emperical point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom