Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lost History

Kenobi-class Praxeum Ship

It had been a long day, but it had been successful. He had spent some time with the Council on a meeting and then had done some research for a few hours. Coming into his room for some well deserved sleep, he lifted a hand, turning on the lights, seeing the organized chaos with strewn paperwork and various objects on tables. He still had some more to do, but he felt a little sleep was justified. Taking a seat in his chair, he didn't even bother to pull out his pipe for a quick smoke. Closing his eyes, he yawned, feeling unusually worn out.

It didn't take long before he was snoring softly. For the most part, he always slept peacefully when he could get it. This time, however, whether it was due to the strenuous work or the will of the Force, memories came in his sleep: old memories that seemed to tell a story...

Thisspias
Ramatesh - Capital City
A long time ago...

Standing over the bank of monitors and examining the information pouring in, he ran a hand through his beard as the operations team moved quickly, trying to crack the code that had been plaguing the planet's security. Standing nearby was the general, and Salazar knew he would report back to the Blood Monarch if he felt the situation was going badly. Breathing hard, he felt like his mind was trying to snap: little sleep and constant work over the last 48 hours wasn't doing anyone good, but if they couldn't stop the virus, who knew what damage would be done.

However, he heard the words that promised it was all over.

"Sir, I've got it!"

Slithering quickly, he looked down at the computer screen before smiling.

"Good work, everybody! We've got the virus contained and the code is now cracked! Bring this information to the developers and see what they can do right away."

As they all got up, there seemed to be relief as everyone started talking and laughing. Slithering over, Salazar shook the general's hand, not being able to keep the grin off his face.

"Am I the best, or what?"

"Not bad, Salazar. The Monarch will be happy to hear this. Though, it's still dangerous, for someone to hack into our security grid. Do you know how someone could've done this?"

"No, but we will find out. I'll keep you and your office up to date on everything, but as for right now, I'm going home, Saracis."

Laughing, the general nodded. "That's right. You and Rishia, you're expecting any day now. What do you think it'll be?"

"Oh, I don't care. Just so long as my child is healthy, I'll be happy. We're still figuring out names, though."

"Well, tell me when the egg's hatching. A lot of people are excited. Good work, Salazar. Get some rest."

As Salazar nodded and raised a hand, signifying his goodbye, he started the trek out of the command center, heading back home. It was springtime and the weather was beautiful. Everybody was outside, and as Salazar waved and nodded to people he knew, he finally saw his home, the big estate that he hoped would have children soon slithering around.

Coming in, he placed a cloak on a coat rack, calling in.

"Rishia, I'm home. Where are you?"

Slithering into the entrance way, she wrapped her hands around Salazar's back, hugging him deeply. Laying her head on his shoulder, she sighed, happy to see he was finally back.

"So, tell me, did you save the world?"

Feeling her arms around him, he smiled, turning and giving her a soft kiss before he put his arms around her.

"You are married to the man who stopped the code from breaking into our security grid. Though, I could've used the best code breaker in the galaxy by my side. I miss having you right next to me."

They did make the best team, but with a child on the way, he wasn't sure if it could happen. Though, her mind was sharp, and losing her as a code breaker would be a loss to the planet.

"Director Manto..." The words came out in a tease, and as she put a hand on his face, she smiled. "I don't think a girl has ever been flattered in that way before. Though, I think it might be a few years so we can raise our child, but I can't stay away forever."

As they slithered into the living room, she looked down at their egg, placing a soft hand on its side, feeling the warmth.

"Now, you promised we would talk about names. The deal was that you could pick one name for a girl and mine would be if it's a boy. I hope you've come prepared." She gave a soft laugh as she knew her name might throw him for a loop.

Well, this would be interesting. It had taken him several weeks, going over dozens of different names before he had finally picked one, but his name for a girl radiated beauty and elegance, the perfect name for their family. It was a name that somehow said she was a part of the upper class.

"Syenia."

He let it roll off his tongue, and as he grabed himself a drink, he smiled.

"Syenia Manto. Simple, yet beautiful. Classy, yet humble. It took me a LONG time to come to that one. I dare you to beat that one."

Smiling, she looked at the egg one more time before she looked up, bring her hands together as she knew it might be a bit unusual for him to hear. Salazar was from an old family, one that stood with tradition and belief in the status quo. While his family had welcomed Rishia in with open arms after they had been married, she still felt he held that Thisspiasian streak of honor and guard with the Thisspiasian way of life, including names. Heavy sibilants like s, z and sh were important, but that was why she liked the name she chose.

It was unordinary.

"Mak. Mak Manto..."

Coughing on the drink, he looked up, wondering if he had heard correctly.

"Mak? Rishia, there's no s in there or even a z. Maks I could get, or even Makis, but Mak?"

Taking a seat, he ran a hand through his beard, trying to figure this one out. His wife was an unusual one, and as he took another sip, he looked at their egg.

"Mak Manto?"

"But that's why I like it. It's not usual, it's unique. How many people have a name that don't use heavy sibilants? You promised whatever name I chose, it would be the name for a boy. Believe me, it will grow on you."

"Hmm..."

Looking at the egg again, he swirled the alcohol around in his glass, a small smile forming.

"Director Mak Manto. General Mak Manto. The artist formerly known as Mak Manto, if he ever did change it..."

"Believe me, you'll learn to like it. Alright, I've almost got dinner finished, so just keep an eye on the egg and relax."

Slithering back into the kitchen, her hands began to move quick as she finished the prep work, and adding a few dashs of spice, she hummed a song, dreaming of the near future.

Watching her leave, he took another sip on his drink, looking at the egg. Slithering over, he placed a hand on its side before he bent down, whispering softly.

"Please, be a girl..."

After dinner, both she and Salazar had done their daily six hour meditation before she decided to get her sleep. What always seemed to surprise her was that while she needed the average two hours most Thisspiasians got, Salazar was capable of sleeping many times only half an hour, sometimes even fifteen minutes and continuing on like nothing was wrong. She had long ago decided it was something within him that allowed for that urgency of the planet to override the basic necessities.

But she liked her sleep, and a lot of times she had dreams. This time was no different, except it was a darker one, one in which she was a young girl again, living in her old home on the other side of the planet, in one of the cities that the terrorists used to come to recruit people. Many nights, there was screaming and terror, and she would slither under her bed while her father would stay by a window with a blaster rifle in his hands, watching out. When she had gained her scholarship to come to Ramatesh and then gained her job, she had promised she would bring her family away from that, and after falling in love and marrying Salazar, plus with her job, she had kept that promise.

There was no more terror, no more fear...

But there was screaming...

Opening her eyes, she heard shouting coming from the downstairs. Her eyes widened, and as she placed on her robe, she moved fast back to the entryway to their estate as she saw Salazar and three government officials with six royal guardsmen standing behind them. Salazar and one of the officials were in each others faces, both screaming, and as she came up, she placed her arms on his back.

"Salazar, what's going on? What's happening?"

Feeling Rishia's arms on him, he turned, the blaze in his eyes not disappearing.

"The government believes I'm responsible for the attack earlier! They think I'm the one who inserted the code into trying to break apart our security grid on the planet!"

"Director, we have ample evidence that you are the culprit. Only someone with enough knowledge of our grid and network would be able to break into it like that. Plus, we've learned you recently visited Alpheridies, which is a planet that is considered to be a possible enemy of Thisspias."

"I wasn't the only one who went! It was a full delegation, as you know, that went on the diplomatic mission to bridge relations! I was only one of about a dozen people who were sent there!"

"But only ONE has seen a massive rise in credits in his bank account, Director!"

Pulling out the data pad, he gave it to Salazar, who looked it at suspiciously, before his eyes widened.

"I don't understand, I've never seen this money before..."

Seeing the bank account, she rushed forward, placing her hands on Salazar's arms.

"My husband would never do anything against Thisspias! He's not one of those terrorists who wants to see the monarchy destroyed! We're both public servants of Thisspias!"

Seeing Rishia come in front, as if she was going to protect him, the leading official straightened up, pointing a finger towards the wall.

"Rishia Manto, please slither back, seeing this doesn't involve you."

"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO HER LIKE THAT! This is our home, and you will NOT tell her where she can be!"

"Well, Director, you may be correct on that, but I'll tell you what I can do: arrest you. Salazar Manto, you're under arrest for high treason against the crown!" As the guardsmen came forward, stun cuffs were placed on both sets of his arms, and as he was pushed towards the door, he turned to Rishia, shouting.

"Rishia, contact General Saracis and our lawyer! Tell them to find me at the alcazar!"

As they placed him in a police vehicle, sirens blared before they left the estate, heading towards the palace cells.

As the whole world seemed to stop, Salazar was pushed away, and where there had been shouting and anger, there was now only silence and emptiness. Breathing hard for however long she was standing there, she finally blinked, slithering fast to the communicator. As she got hold of their lawyer and Saracis, she looked at their egg for a brief second before she went back upstairs, putting on her clothes to get to the alcazar. She knew their next door neighbor would be able to come to watch the egg while they were gone; it wouldn't take long, it couldn't.

Salazar was innocent...

Alcazar - Thisspias

Sitting before a long table, Rishia was right next to him as the family lawyer, Sarandtor Zalern, looked over the datapad of evidence. Shaking his head and running a hand through his beard, he looked up, fear in his eyes.

"Salazar, this doesn't look good. The government has a strong case that you did this for monetary gain and maybe even more. Their case of you being a traitor is almost locked down to the fact that you were the one who would know of such a code, of how to implement it in."

"Sarandtor, I'm being framed! I don't know who's doing this, but I wouldn't do something like this!"

"I know, but the monarchy is looking for someone to pay, and they've put it on you. Now, I believe I might be able to make a deal, to spare your life and have you get life imprisonment instead of-"

"THAT'S NOT A DEAL! I refuse to say I commited that crime! My name, my family's name would be tarnished! My wife and my unborn child would be alone, only being able to see me in one of the prisons on the far off continents? That's not a deal!"

"Salazar, if this goes to trial, you'll be found guilty and sentenced to death!"

Looking at Rishia, he ran his hands through his beard, whispering.

"This can't be happening. This has to be a bad dream I'm going to wake up from..."

"What about General Saracis? He's been a friend of our family for a long time. Surely he vouched for Salazar. He was there with him when the code was broken!"

"General Saracis has... refused to involve himself in a case of this magnitude. Listen to me, the two of you, the battle lines have been drawn in the sand, and everyone has decided to slither to the side that they feel is far more safer, which is the state prosecuting. Salazar, they want this to go away fast and they will do what they can to make that happen."

Getting up from the table, Salazar slithered to the wall, leaning his head against it. For a few minutes, he stayed there until he lifted his head back up, looking at Rishia, his voice steely.

"I'm not going to plead guilty, Sarandtor. I have too much honor to accept some plea deal by saying I did something where I didn't. Rishia, I need you to shore up everything we have in terms of fianances and lock it away, so you know you and our child will have money to live on for the rest of your life."

Slithering to her, he placed his arms around her, hugging her deeply.

"I don't think this is going to be something where I'm slithering away from it..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom