Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Line. [ Open to All Mandalorians ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A line had to be drawn in the sand.

The ancestral dunes of Mandalore had been claimed again. Joy, for the first time since the Calamity, rippled through the populous. Although there was much death and much to rebuild, nothing warmed the heart more than finally returning home. Yet, with this return, things had changed. The era of the Clans had ended: long-standing bonds were weak or broken. The vast territory of the Mandalorian people was reduced to Colonies scattered about the stars. And so, with the heart of their people reclaimed, it was time to put old bonds to the test.

A Bonfire raged.

Under a starlit sky did the inferno burn. Behind it stood a man who had been devoured by the Calamity. As a man, he lived to see his people united...he lived to try and do the right thing. And now, as Warmaster once more, his duty was to the his King. Mand'alor. This day, the burden of testing the bonds of old fell upon his shoulders. As the flames danced before him, two banners swayed in the nighttime breeze. The first was a simple field of white, emblazoned by a skull. The Mighty Mythosaur: symbol of the Mandalorian people. Symbol of the Mand'alor [member="Vilaz Munin"] and his rule.

The second was similar: a field of gray emblazoned with the skull of a Ram. This was the simple of the Warmaster's own kin - House Verd - and its placement was a testament of what would transpire this night. A call had been made: a summons across the airwaves and Hyperspace to all who called themselves Mandalorian. This call requested their presence upon this hallowed ground to make a choice: to fly their banner beside that of the Sole Ruler...or cast it into the fire. To do the former meant to stand beside their King: to fully acknowledge his rule, his authority, and Call.

But to do the latter was to part ways with Mandalore. If ones banner was consumed in the flame, so too was their place among the Mandalorians. These would deny his rule and authority. These would be too proud to bend knee to their King. These would Dar'manda...and for the night alone would they be free to leave Mandalore in peace. No hunt would follow them, nor threat of war or annihilation. But rather, an exile lasting ever more.

And so the Clans were called. And so the Houses were called. All who were kin and Mandalorian were beckoned to make their choice. The line had been drawn in the sands of Mandalore, and this night would see on which side the Clans would stand.

[member="Captain Larraq"], [member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Gilamar Skirata"], [member="Ardgal Raxis"], [member="Aedan Miles"], @Alec Rekali, [member="Kad Tor"], [member="Zaz Tal'Verda"] @Any Alor or Mandalorian Family I have missed.
((OOC - Those Houses/Clans/Alors/Etc who support and acknowledge the rule of our reigning Mand'alor, cement your support by planting your banner beside his. Those who do not, cast your banner into the fire. The line in the sand is drawn here.))

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Metus"]

A Mistryl Shadow Guard, a mercenary courier, padded into the bonfire light. The schools of Emberlene claimed to prepare their girls for any situation. Perhaps, Carra admitted to herself, the elders hadn't quite anticipated this one.

She perched on a split-log bench, feet gripping the grain. The bonfire toasted her face, dried her eyes, and scorched the sand black. She wondered what they intended to burn tonight.

"Isley Verd?" she said. "I'm a courier for Alec Rekali. She said her whole message was sending me without a banner at all."

"A shame. Truly." came the rumble of his voice. His tone was low, yet alive with disappointment. Metus wondered if this was the choice that his brother, mentor, and friend Ember would have made...but this was the present and not the past. This was Alec, not the first Warmaster.

"But I understand. I...only ask that you return with word of my disappointment, and to let her know that she is still my niece despite this choice."

Having said his piece, the Warmaster's gaze returned to the fire.

[member="Carradine Dukal"]

The Fang Fighter, of current model, descended in the sky ahead, settling down with a gentle hum of repulsars on an area of flatness. The cockpit opened, illuminating very dimly in shallow greens the blue and Silver armor of a Mandalorian Protector. He had been out of things for a long while, and was a staunch traditionalist when it came to the canons of honor, the resol'nare, and the Mandalorian way. 'Spades' Jekai Rau left his westar carbine in the side of the craft, keeping only a single sidearm in a drop leg holster as he stepped from the wing tip, and dropped to the sand.

When he spoke, his words were odd, dialect of Sundari, Mandalore descent. However, even more abnormally spaced and pronounced out fully. It was dull, almost boring, with the tinge of filter from a helmet. He ran two fingers over his face plate in a smile motion, before his lines in Mando'a.

"A friend has told me of this person claiming Mand'alor. There are many Mandalorians, and many ideals. I wish to know more about this person- Vilaz Munin. What are his beliefs? How does he rule? Who did he kill to obtain this place from challengers?" , he asks. The man places a single hand in his pocket, and listens intently, with objective of learning.

[member="Darth Metus"]

Just a message was sent, prerecorded nothing spectacular. Just a holographic image of Draco's head and shoulders as he spoke.

"I do not kneel. I do not follow blindly and without question. I do not bow to the whims of another when they do not suit the needs of my clan and my family. I didn't kneel for Ra, though I followed him with honor and respect him still. I did not for you when you made your claim though I was one of the few to support you with the belief that you deserved a chance to drag our people from the mire. I did not for the Alor Council when they reigned with their version of democracy. I did not for the Gen'dai and his insanity that ruled the Death Watch what feels like ages ago. And I did not for Azrael before them." In fact he had threatened to kill all of those rulers at one point or another if he believed they were leading the Mandalorian people into folly, but such times were over. No longer did the Warrior-King care for the needless slaying or the unification of the many splintered and broken tribes of Mandalorians, leaving them to their families and toils.

"The Resol'nare is six tenants. I hold the loyalty to family and clan above all others, that is my interpretation and others have theirs. If the Mand'alor's edicts and call-to-arms mirror what I believe to be just and right by my clan, I will order them into battle and risk their lives for that war." The image paused as though to reflect on something troubling his mind. Yes, he had his private war that he now forbade his people from joining and even when he did fight, it was under the guise of another. "But I have grown tired of sending children to die for the cause and the warmongering of other nations so needlessly. I supported the liberation of Mandalore as you and the Death Watch defended it from the Dominion for that reason, and would do so again. Fly my banner in the hall if it suits you, and I will answer Vilaz's call in some fashion when able and when the cause is just. If that is not enough, burn it if you must."

[member="Darth Metus"]

[member="Darth Metus"] [member="Jekai Almec"] [member="Carradine Dukal"]

There weren't many Mereels left. After [member="Ijaat Mereel"] had destroyed Mandalore, there wasn't much good will for her clan left either. She arrived under the cover of darkness watching from the shadows. As her new found friend Jekai asked some questions and Carradine sent her regards she smirked.

Mereels had spent centuries in the Mando'ade. From the days of the United Clans to the time of now. Even given Ijaats act they were most of them still loyal to the cause.

She stepped forwards, holding a long steel pole with the banner of her own clan on it. Part of it was new. Twin hammers, and a Myhtosaur, to honor the lot of them. They were reforming, reinventing themselves, and re arming. Though the young woman had been there only a time, she had gained the respect among her colleagues. Especially the male colleagues, as the Mando'ade were a traditional Culture.

She looked around as heavy boots crushed earth underneath them. First she looked to Jekai.

"It is unwise to deny the Mand'alor your allegiance Vod, whatever your feelings may be. You believe in the Manda, and the Resol'Nare. Your belief forbids it."

She took another step, regarding [member="Draco Vereen"].

"You are an Elder among us. There is nothing I would say to you. Your decision is your alone."

Then she finished her circle. She did not speak to Carradined. Her thoughts and her Alors were well known.

"For what it is worth and as the Acting Alor of the Mereel Clan in the stead of another better suited...."

She slammed her banner into the dirt, piercing the earth with a zeal. The twin hammers and Mythosaur flew proud beside the rest, drifting in the draft of the fire.

"I will not bow. But Clan Mereel will follow the Resol'Nare, the Supercommando Codex and our Mand'Alor, Vilaz Munin."

"If he is the Mand'alor. A lot decides if he is.", he replies, simply. "No outsiders will ever rule Mand'alor. Manda is in the name, in the belief, in the culture. One of them is to raise your children as Mandalorians, to believe in the oversoul.", he replies, flatly. "If he is a true Mandalorian, and not one of the pretenders, he'll have my allegiance just fine.", he says.

"If I caved on my belief I'd be a coward. Numbers matter little in the issue, rather than correctness. A 'Force User' may well crush me in my 'gam- but they'll always be outsiders, and I'll die just fine knowing where I'm going after. It's why I'm here. I'm here to find where he stands. Only the cowardly refuse to stand on their beliefs when it faces adversity. I care about our people, their children, and their souls."

"I will see what he says, and I will listen, and I will learn my position. If he is truly one of the faithful, I'll remain. If not, I'll continue to search for the true Mand'alor that will bring us back to an age of honor. I am here in person; just so. He will have my answer in person."

[member="Alleria Mereel"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Metus"]

A lively discussion stirred up, and a gritty wind howled off the desert. Carra nodded. "I'll pass your message along, Mister Verd. Your niece has settled the bill."

Deserts got cold at night, and she'd landed some distance away. Unbidden, she took a seat on the split-log bench near the fire and let heat soak through her. Her pack held some cold food in need of warmth. She fished a semi-straight twig from the fire's edge, whittled it to a point, and impaled a sausage to roast.

Aryn stepped forth from the crowd, his towering figure standing out enough that most simply stepped aside.

He was hardly as well known as half of the people around him, he did not come from Clan Munin or Verd or Rekali, he was Spar. They had been part of Death Watch, or a form of it, for centuries. Under Ra they had been an honor guard, and after his disappearance they had returned to obscurity. Though some would recognize him from the burning of Kashyyyk, others would be just as likely to draw nothing but a blank on the gigantic Togorian.

Nevertheless he had been called here, and he would answer the question.

Unlike others he would make no grand statement, he would claim no selfish rights.

Aryn was a Mandalorian, his clan was Mandalorian. The resol'nare was what defined them, the six tenants was the only thing that bound them together. Without the resol'nare they were not a people, they were simply a collection of mercenaries and thugs parading and pretending to be something more. Part of that creed, that oath was service to the Mand'alor. For now that position was held by Vilaz Munin. He had taken it upon himself, he was no outsider, he was no Jedi or Sith, he was a Mandalorian.

As long as that held true Aryn would follow the man, just as he had followed Ra. If it ever changed? The Togorian would have no issue with breaking the mans spine and eating his heart.

Without a word, Aryn planted the banner of Clan Spar into the ground, then turned to step away.

Kad listened to those who felt they were good with words and speeches. Kad was not. He was the type who listened and the spoke. While Artemis had encouraged him that he was not as much a baffoon with words as he claimed, Kad still knew he was not the great orator he was. There were those who brought their banners and made the choice to stand by Manda'lor, those who did not, and those who were on the fence. It was those who sat on the fence that made the goran the most furious. He was a Tor with a long fuse, but as any Tor when the fuse ran out his temper he could not remain silent.

He lifted his banner and struck into the ground next to that of the crest of Manda'lor. His eyes looked to those who could not make up their mind, or held to their own beliefs. The resol'nare was not a set of tenets which one could keep in part. His eyes narrowed as he weighed his words.

"There is no waiting to see if Manda'lor is worth following or not. No one can claim to follow the six tenets and turn their back on Manda'lor. It does not matter if you find him worthy or not, whether you find his cause worthy or not. If you do not wish to follow him then burn your banner and declare yourself to be dar'manda. If not then take your place with the Council."

His eyes moved from [member="Jekai Almec"] and turned to [member="Draco Vereen"].

"If you wish your flag be to flown in the hall, than you must answer Manda'lor's call. You are also agreeing that your coalition will not make any moves against the territory of your own people the Mando'ade. You say that you are not dar'manda but act as though you are independent of the rest of us."

Kad looked to [member="Darth Metus"].

"I stand with [member="Vilaz Munin"], and with the Aka'liit.

The dust suddenly started to whip around as a shuttle landed the boarding ramp lowering as the young Pirate King made his way down it his helmet tucked under an arm a banner in his hand. Looking towards [member="Darth Metus"] the young man started forward his violet eyes glinting to reveal bits of crimson flashing through them like lightning in his other hand was a black banner with a silver emblem that was a Mythosaur skull with crimson eyes and violet lines running through it like it was bone that had been cracked numerous times crossed behind it was a pair of curved swords beskads if anyone asked that was the banner and colors Aedan Miles flew wherever he went. Standing before Metus Aedan stared at the man calmly watching and judging silently the wind blowing his violet hair around the cloak he wore swirling around him before he finally rammed his banner into the ground aside that of House Verd turning he looked around those gathered before he made his way back towards the shuttle stopping for a moment he looked back and finally spoke his voice calm and cold. "When have I not answered the call for blood to be shed even when it is against people I once called brothers. You would know this better than anyone wouldn't you? When the call for blood shed comes Clan Akaata shall be on the front line where our abilities are best put to use after all I finally found someone I trust to lead the clan on the ground while I take care of space." A small dark smirk crossed the young man's lips before he turned and strode to the shuttle instead of boarding it he spun around and sat on the boarding ramp looking towards Metus calmly soon he would have to meet with the Alor of House Verd there were things that needed to be said.

Jekai looked to Tor, and switched from Mando'a to basic, with due purpose. "I wasn't speaking to you. Those that use the force are not Mandalorians. They've given up their soul, and belief in the manda, for outside power well beyond their comprehension. They've abandoned the belief in the Manda for an outsider concept. I couldn't care less about what children playing as Mandalorians feel about the issue. I will not declare myself Dar'manda, and will stand only with those that truly know how to follow the tenants. This isn't amateur hour.", he replied simply.

"There is no government, currently. Placing your banner in the sand could just as soon provide legitimacy as any random person that says as much.", he says. "If he allows outsider culture to influence us, and allows our children to be raised in it, Then he is no Mandalorian, and no Mand'alor. I've made my decision, judging by the current company. I'll not stand on half measures with pretenders and traitors. Force wielders and assassins have been tolerated for too long.", he says. "I'll not share company with those that warp our culture for power.", he adds. The man folds up his flag, and tucks it into his side cargo pocket. "You have my answer, delivered in person.", the lone Mandalorian replies to Tor and Metus. He looked to Alleria Mereel, and switched to Mando'a once more.

"You believe in the codex, and are grounded in realism. Don't make the easy choice. They may have numbers, but the right choice is to restore the honor of our society to the proper tenants. The right choice requires us to remember what the Manda really is, and to not belittle it under outsider belief. If he is true, he will save them from this warping that has occurred for years unchecked. Their souls are at stake."

He turned to walk slowly towards his ship, his answer declared.

[member="Alleria Mereel"]
[member="Darth Metus"]
[member="Kad Tor"]

[member="Darth Metus"] [member="Carradine Dukal"] [member="Jekai Almec"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Aryn Spar"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"]

Wow that was something, She thought. Though she had to admit, that her compatriot and friend was right.

"We're still waiting to see who the next actual Alor is after [member="Ijaat Mereel"]. However I'm inclined to agree with Almec. For too long the force has been with us and severed some of us from the Manda. I'm uncomfortable at the notion of Darksiders and Witches among our ranks. Clan Rekali already showed their rears, as has Vereen."

She paused, chewing her next words over.

"Though I won't pull the banner just yet, I'll leave that to my successor who should be along shortly. On a personal note, I will still stand with the Aka'liit. Though I beg of you Vode, let us return to our roots and dismiss this Jetii dependence we have taken on over the years."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Kad Tor"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Jekai Almec"] [member="Alleria Mereel"] [member="Darth Metus"]

Chewing happily, Carra eyed the half-sausage on her sharpened twig.

“I hope nobody minds if I've got a question,” she said. “How's a Mand’alor picked? Do they just wake up one morning and say 'I’m Mand’alor’ and hope everyone falls in line? Or do they have to do something for the title, something big enough that everyone'll follow? Is it really against your code not to pledge allegiance to whoever calls himself by that title? I'm not trying to make light of things; what I'm curious about is how the whole thing works. Like, what makes a legitimate Mand’alor? The current guy, Munin - has he checked all the boxes yet, or what's the problem? If consensus is what makes him Mand’alor, how can he already be Mand’alor if there's no consensus here? Or is there more to it?”

[member="Jekai Almec"]

Aedan listens to the man before he starts to laugh turning towards him the young pirate stood up stretching to his full height of six and a half feet looking at the man with disdain in his eyes before he spoke calmly in Mando'a. "Only a coward would not use every weapon in his arsenal. To me the force is just that another weapon I bring to bear against those I see as Dar'manda and enemies. You say you won't name yourself Dar'manda than I do it for you. You betray your heritage by your cowardice you are Dar'manda and if I see you again it will be the day you die. Now begone before I change my mind." Purposefully turning his back on the man his words spoken his view given the young man smirked darkly cracking his neck a bit as he rubbed the back of it waiting to see how the man would react.

"We are not waiting for a new Manda'lor," Kad replied. "Vilaz Munin is Manda'lor. He was chosen as all are chosen, by challenge or vote of the clan Alore. If you do not follow him then you cannot follow the resoln'are."

Kad was black and white on this issue. It was not the matter of those to choose whether it was worth following their leader or not. That was not the point. Mandalorians were an idea above anything else. They were an ideal which some seemed they did not want to live up to. Kad would regard those who chose to abandon Vilaz as traitors and rebels. They were not of the faithful.

He looked to those still indecisive.

"To pledge to the Aka'liit, then you are pledging yourself to Manda'lor the Exile. Those who are if the faithful follow him. "

Kad then addressed all those present and still within earshot.

"Too long have we been divided by what each thinks is best, or by what one says is right or wrong. Have we forgotten that together no one can break us? Too long have I forged armor for my people to remain silent when the bands of unity threaten to never be tied once again. Have we come so far from what the Manda desires that we are reduced to petty squabbles and lines in the sand? Are we so interested in our best interest that we have forgotten about the needs of our brothers and sisters? To stand with Manda'lor is to stand united, to stand as one. As beskar forged in the fire we will not bend and we will not break. We are Mando'ade! OYA!!!"

OOC: Just to be clear... this is not a thread to decide who Manda'lor is. That is Vilaz Munin. This thread is designed to see which clans stand with the Mando'ade and which do not. It's a fun IC way to do that.

"Okay. One, you're using outsider beliefs. Two, I'm not a coward. Fight me. To the death. It wont be an honor duel, because you're just some force user that is pretending to be a Mandalorian. Assassins arent Mandalorians." , he says to Aden, without missing a beat.

(We'll sort out a combat system.)

"I'll not compromise my beliefs for a bunch of Mandalorian worshiping force cultists.", he says. He does not use Mando'a to speak to him, not finding him worthy of it.

[member="Aedan Miles"]

He looks to Kad. "Really? I didn't vote. Thousands of clans exist in Mandalorian space. Sounds like a scam. Better to be broken apart than together and soul less. I'll not compromise for a force cult. If it suits you, I'll face you to the death as well."

[member="Kad Tor"]

He looks to [member="Carradine Dukal"] , "You'd be right. It's just a quick attempt to shove people into place behind some sort of outsider culture. They're attempting to further pollute things, and violate the Manda. The Force is an outsider religion. Its not mechanical. It isnt understood. They're destroying our culture to further that of the Jedi and Sith. Better to take a stand against those atrocities."

[member="Jekai Almec"]

Aedan laughs louder but doesn't turn around spreading his arms wide he says calmly. "I don't waste my time with cowards who are all talk besides I don't duel Dar'manda they don't deserve the honor. You wouldn't even last a minute boy now leave while I am in a good mood. You don't deserve a duel and I have more friends here than you will ever have in your life. Like I said your piece is said your descion made now begone." Aedan didn't even turn to face the man almost daring him to attack him from behind to show himself to be the coward he was.

A gunshot echoed through the clearing as a solid bullet split the air between [member="Jekai Almec"] and [member="Aedan Miles"], flinging sand upon both their boots as the round impacted the ground between them.
"That's quite enough from both of you." Olivia stated flatly as she approached the clearing and the fire. "There's no need for a fight to the death, pup." she said as her head nodded towards Jekai. Then, turning her head towards Aeden, she added, "Your words mean nothing, Miles. You know very well that only the Mand'alor can declare someone Dar'manda. From anyone else's lips, they're just words."

"Now." She said, placing her hands on her hips. "Who the karking hazmana called me here? Did someone finally put an end to the Exile, or is that pup still trying to convince people to follow him?"

[member="Carradine Dukal"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Jekai Almec"] [member="Kad Tor"]

"This is how Vode treat each other now is it?" She asked, her voice cold and mechanical from her helmet. Jekai was starting to get out of hand, though he had some truth to it. As much as she wanted to back him, she couldn't. Except privately.

"If there be a problem settle it the old way. Strip off your weapons, and step into the circle. Otherwise enough. We have more pressing matters to worry about. Children of the Manda starve, Clans go without leaders or assistance. Yet here we are, arguing about our egos and ideas of right and wrong."

She nodded to Kad.

"I salute you Vod. You got the right idea."

"So am I gonna draw this circle or what?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom