Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
BTA-G1Gunboat-1.png

Mk2 Version (Bottom One)
Image Source: Here
Affiliation: Noah Corek
Manufacturer: Koensayr
Model: Hawk-class Heavy Attack Gunship
Modularity: None
Production: Unique
Material: Alusteel
Classification: Heavy Attack Gunship Prototype
Length: 21.3 Meters
Height: 6.2 Meters
Width: 10.9 Meters

Armament:
  • Dak-6 lasers (2 nose mounted)
  • Ball-Turret mounted Dual lasers (4)
  • Flex Tube Launchers (2, 8 warheads each)

Special Features:
  • Heavy Shielding
  • Military Grade Comm Encryption
  • 5 Bunks
  • Anti-Missile Counter Measures (Chaff and Flare Launchers(3 Launchers, 5 Flares Each))

Maneuverability Rating: 6
Speed Rating: 6
Hyperdrive Class: 0.75

Strengths:
  • Heavy Firepower
  • Heavy Shields
Weaknesses:
  • Falcon levels of reliability.
  • Considered Slow

Description: When Noah asked to make a heavy gunship variant of the classic Y-wing, Koensayr's engineers were ecstatic. He got the original design in days and all he said, was go for it. So after weeks of trials and making sure everything was in check, the final go ahead was given. When it was finally showed to him, Noah was in awe of its design. Dual nose mounted rapid fire Dak-6 Gatling Lasers proved to be great in ship to ship combat. Six dual laser cannons provided ample protection from interceptors and the molecular shielding didn't hurt either. The original idea of proton bombs were scrapped in favor of a bomblet generator, which provides nearly unlimited bombs, but still needs to cool down and recharge. A 0.75 military class hyperdrive was, acquired from a friend of Noah's in the ODF Navy and added into the design to make it faster in hyperspace than average. All in all, it is a pretty well developed ship. Due to the highly unique nature and cutting edge tech, it requires frequent fine tuning and repairs to function properly. Even though having cutting edge tech, the Hawk is still considered to be a very slow gunship compared to others on the market. Anti-missile counter measures that consist of chaff and flare launchers help keep it protected from missiles.
Development Thread: none
Intent: To make a awesome and unique Star War ship akin to a B-24 Bomber

Who Can Use This: Noah Corek

[SIZE=12pt]No Development Thread[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Here are the edits I require as Factory Judge in this submission for me to approve it with no Development Thread.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Explanation of how the manufacturing company is going to recoup the investment of millions and millions of credits of investment by selling one ship.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Removal of molecular shielding[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Hyperdrive rating changed to 1.0[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Reduction from 10 lasers (4x2 + 2) to 6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-A description of countermeasures [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Removal of bomblet launcher[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Change in speed and manoeuvrability to 6 (As it is described as slow for its class)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Clarification of whether 2 missile tubes are for bomblets or separate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Clarification of intention of “8 bunks”. If it’s a fighter, space is at a premium and you’re not going to fit room for that many passengers without penalty.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Otherwise it will still need a balance of firepower speed but you can obtain advanced systems as below:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Development Thread: 10 Posts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Development and installation of molecular shielding. This should provide no more than a minor boost above standard shielding and no more than 10% energy recovery[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Development and installation of launcher. The strengths and weaknesses should be outlined against a standard launcher. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Acquisition and installation of advanced hyperdrive system[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ideas:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]-Take some time over the development of this ship. If it’s personal, it should be a labour of love and you should find some people to really enjoy roleplaying it out![/SIZE]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Raziel"]

Raziel said:
-Explanation of how the manufacturing company is going to recoup the investment of millions and millions of credits of investment by selling one ship.
This is coming straight out of the buyers pocket.

Raziel said:
-Removal of molecular shielding
Removed and replaced with heavy

Raziel said:
-Hyperdrive rating changed to 1.0
Currently Working on this

Raziel said:
-Reduction from 10 lasers (4x2 + 2) to 6
I've seen other ships pass with just as much weapons as this, also should removing the bomblet generator allow me to keep the guns?

Raziel said:
-A description of countermeasures
Done

Raziel said:
-Removal of bomblet launcher
Done

Raziel said:
-Change in speed and manoeuvrability to 6 (As it is described as slow for its class)
May I make it 5.5?

Raziel said:
-Clarification of whether 2 missile tubes are for bomblets or separate
Removal of generator solves that

Raziel said:
-Clarification of intention of “8 bunks”. If it’s a fighter, space is at a premium and you’re not going to fit room for that many passengers without penalty.
Removed three of them. My reasoning is because its basically a star wars B-24, meant for long range bombing missions so the crew is going to need somewhere to rest while they are on their way.

Looking at the dimensions, if you keep it speed and manoeuvrability 6 then you can keep the lasers.

I still don't understand why an individual with hundreds of millions of credits would blow it on one ship rather than settle down and enjoy himself, but it's not going to stop this sub from getting through! :)

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Raziel"]
Changed speed and manueverability to 6. I'm working on getting a 0.5 or a 0.75 class hyperdrive and once I get it, I'll tag you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom