Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The forging of a Warriors mettle.

[member="Krest"]

The Citadel was queit today. Not a soul stirred out of place as the Emperor sat upon his throne. In his massive palm an ancient Sith spellbook. He was studying, perusing the material and sucking from it the arcane secrets of the more ancient practitioners.

His recent victory stung hung in his heart, giving him a glimmer of hope that his dream had yet to come to fruition. Lining the luxurious hall Black Knights, his premier force warriors stood in neat rows beside the stone pillars.

Each man clad in black metallic armor and carrying a blade forged of their own hands. But the armor and the swords of the ancient order were hardly match for the sabers of the modern day galaxy. As evidenced by his encounters with Sith and Jedi alike. The emperor sought to remedy this and so had called to his court a man of great mystique. A sorcerer of types, a man by the name of Krest.

Krest could be considered more of a warrior then a sorcerer. Truth be told, his alchemic skills were stuck to metalcrafting and augmention. He wasn't able to create Sithspawn or modify the world around him with Sith Magic. But if one thing had taught him about being a swordsman, was how important the craftmanship was. And here he was today, to create weapons and armor for someone he didn't know.

It was a job to him, something for money in a group he knew nothing about. [member="Emperor Titus"] would find the red Zabrak walking into the room with his basic armor and several weapons strapped to his person. With both hands behind his back he would offer a slight nod to him before looking to the armored folks within the room. "So.. This is it eh?"

[member="Krest"]

The Emperors Knights moved quickly to block the newcomer, but for his hand which waved them back. He stood, rising slowly and bowing to the newcomer. A gesture a Nobleman did not offer to many if any. The gold and silver plates of his armor gleamed in the dull lights, reflecting the purplish hue of the ceilings magic.

"Welcome to the Dark Citadel O mighty one."

Titus strode forwards now, his blue cloak trailing behind him, fire blazing from the blue slit of his helmet. He reached out a massive armored hand and closed his magical book with the other hand, letting it hang by a chain from his belt.

"I trust your journey was well?"

Krest's gaze traveled across the room, sizing up each of the black knights with his eyes of blue. A slight frown played on his lips at the open hostility, but at least [member="Emperor Titus"] was nice enough to rectify that. Turning his gaze back to the giant armored man, he would take his hand within his own, offering a slight bow of his head. "Mighty one is a new title, I'd say. But yes, my journey was well enough. No complaints on not having to hitchhike to get here at least." Releasing the emperor's hand he would clap his own together, looking about. "So! Shall we get started then?"

[member="Krest"]

"Absolutely, come, I have an arcanium set up where I practise my studies."

The Emperor turned, motioning for Krest to follow. They traversed a staircase, up a long spiralling walk. The air was cooler up here, the lights dimmer. As they neared the arcanium Titus spoke a series of words in ancient Sith language, breaking the seal on the massive black doors. Massive hands pressed against the steel, wheeling them back and revealing a stone chamber with a dome shaped ceiling.

All manner or armor and swords sat on pedestals. Ancient books of Sith lore were stacked neatly in a bookcase that traversed the outer walls. Runes of power glowed upon the stone walls, a dim red added to the blue and purple lights that rained down from the ceiling. He stepped in motioning for Krest to do so as well and came to a rest before a stone table, containing several large swords.

"I seek to create a weapon for my knights. The normal weapons of the Jedi and the Sith have potent powers and thus their blades must be as sharp and as sturdy as any of them."

"Jedi and Sith weaponry are pure energy. I cannot make physical weapons as strong as they, but I can give them much of the same abilities. Reflecting blasters, absorbing and storing abilities like Force Lightning. They will be heavier, thus slower to hit. But unlike a lightsaber, they will have weight. And weight can crush it's foe. I can create a basin that if you dip any sort of ore in, it will become alchemised in it's most basic form. Now, this should not be used for armor, as it would become way to heavy, but, you can make weaponry from it." Krest's eyes darted around the room, but he was more amaised by the power of the Sith Magic that opened the door. So simple, yet he knew deep down that the door would not of opened otherwise. Bringing up his sleeves, the Zabrak looked back to [member="Emperor Titus"] , nodding once. "This should not take too long."

[member="Krest"]

The Emperor nodded, looking to the table and then Krest. He could tell power ran strong with this one. such and undertaking must require some additional augmentation.

"I myself have some practice in the force, allow me to aid you."

The presence of the emperor magnified now. His small bit of force power was imbued into the other man. He projected his will and very essence into the mans aura, chanting a soft chant and gathering power from the runes about the room. The runes glowed bright with fire as their energy was siphoned into the emperor and channelled into Krest.

Krest took in a deep breath at the sudden rush of power. With a slight grin, he would offer a nod of thanks to [member="Emperor Titus"] before reaching out in front of him. The floor of the room would begin to crack, break apart as the Zabrak forcibly brought it upwards. With his brow knitted from concentration, he would quite literally force a basin to form. While empty, the basin would soon come together as the flooring itself morphed and molded together.

Once the Zabrak was finished, he would move beside the basin, nodding once more to Titus. "When your warriors dip their weapons or their metal to forge them, make sure they offer a blood sacrifice. A couple of drops from their palm should be all that's needed, but keep in mind this is a very dark place. For now, however, I will need your blood to activate it. But to do so will require a larger sacrifice then just your blood. If this is the path you wish, I will need your hand."

[member="Krest"]

The Emperor nodded. Having immersed himself deeply in his studies he found he understood just what the man was saying. Ancient Sith magics relied on sacrifice, something newer Sith were far less likely to indulge in. Without hesitation he reached over and unfastened his gold and silver gauntlet laying it down on the table next to the basin.

Next he drew his own dagger, jeweled with emeralds and positioned his hand above the basin. The blade gleamed in the lights above as it flashed down, striking squarely upon his wrist. Searing pain lanced the Emperors body and the crimson ichor of veins squirted violently about.

The hand fell clean into the basin, arcane energies ravenously devouring it. With the force Titus clamped down on the main arteries of his wrist, sealing them with pure will. It would be troublesome to miss a hand, but it would be replaced in due time.

"Let it be so."

There was a faint nod from the Zabrak for [member="Emperor Titus"] 's determination. But shortly after the hand fell into the basin the Zabrak let loose a volley of Force Lightning, letting it cackle and tear into the bowl. Within moments the hand would become part of a red mass, much thicker then water, it's depths seeming bottomless despite the small size of the basin. Krest's eyes would narrow as he would force this forge into doing only one thing.

Alchemising weapons to be the simple Sith sword. After he was sure it was done, the lightning would be canceled, and a sigh would escape the lips of the red man. "This should do. Again, if you want something stronger then the Sith Swords you will be getting, they will have to be crafted by themselves. Otherwise, this is complete."

[member="Krest"]

"Excellent, before you depart let us test this forge. If it proves true, I will pay you handsomely."

Titus moved closer, examining the bottomless basin and feeling the raw energies of it. The darkside was deeply imbued here now and with the ability to arm his Knights with arcane weapons he was very pleased. Still the forge was untested. With a swift motion he seized the dagger again and thrust it into the waters.

The forge glowed immeasurably bright with the fire of a thousand suns. The ground shook under his feet and the emperor steeled himself, turning from the light lest he be blinded. The ancient blood magics ran the length of the blade, consuming it and rearranging it. The molecules became denser, more compact. The weight increased as well.

Still he held firm until the transformation ceased. And with a flourish he pulled the blade free of the forge, noting its dark hue and radiant glow.

"Now, you must strike the blade with your saber. Do not hold back."

He positioned the blade parallel to himself, crouching. His eyes were wide open under the helmet. This was the moment of truth...

The Zabrak watched on when the dagger was plunged. The blinding light seemed to be ineffective against him. Perhaps it had to do with his past of crating weapons in a similar fashion. With a small nod, however, he would pull free his flat bladed saber, activating it with the push of a button. Glancing between [member="Emperor Titus"] and the blade he would not hesitate. A blur of pale blue, the color of his saber, would be all that was seen as he brought his blade down upon the dagger. As expected however, the dagger would hold firm, resisting the energy weapon. After holding it there for a moment, he would pull his blade back.

"As you can see, it is indeed resistant to a saber. However. That is not all." Krest would then, without warning, unleash the same lightning used on the forge onto the emperor. But instead of stricking him, it seemed to go right to the dagger itself. "They're reversed magnetic polarity allows them to block and deflect blaster fire. But it also allows the blade to absorb lightning. The next thing you touch with that will have the lightning unleashed upon them."

[member="Krest"]

Titus marvelled at the weapon. He examined it once more, noting its qualities and sheen. It was amazing what the forge could do. No doubt in time he himself would be able to expand his studies and create his own artifacts. Still this was a powerful tool at his disposal. The Knights would be pleased.

"Very well."

Titus swung the dagger discharging a torrent of blackish purplish lightning at the wall. The runes sucked the power from the stream glowing ever brighter and then dimming down again.

"Come it is time to see the treasurer."

As they exited Titus closed the doors once more, uttering his pass phrase to lock them with the force seal and led Krest down through the halls until they came to the treasurer. He was a small man, clad in red robes and leather tunic. Around him sat chests upon chests in neat rows of the Imperiums newest currency, Princeps.

"We no longer use credits my friend, our currency is much more valuable now, not subject to the fluctuation of inflation or galactic affairs."

Titus motioned to the treasurer.

"Pay the man a thousand Princeps."

"As you wish emperor."

The treasurer snapped his fingers pointing to nearby chest and two black armored Helltroopers came forth, scooping it up and laying it at Krests feet. Titus kicked it open, showing stacks upon stacks of pure golden coins, stamped with the sigil of the Imperium.

"Your payment, expendable across every system. Do keep in touch mighty one. We will have need of you again. In the meantime you are permitted access to the Imperium when soever you should wish."

The Zabrak was silent as he watched [member="Emperor Titus"] lead on. In truth, he did not want any money, be it credits or otherwise. After looking the chest over though, with admittedly a sense of greed, he shook his head slowly. "No, I do not need any sort of money. There is really nothing I wish to buy. However, I will call this.. A favor. When and where I wish, you will repay me. And every time you hire me, you will owe another favor. It could be asking for troops, it could be asking you to eliminate someone, it could even be something as simple as a rare ore I cannot obtain myself. But it will be asked." There was no ask if this was agreeable. The red master would lay waste to the area until it was agreed upon if the emperor said no. But part of him felt the man would agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom