Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The First of Many Steps

Morning on Coruscant may have been bright as ever outside, but in the Sith temple things were always dark. Barley any windows as to keep prying eyes out. Large dark curtains to not cause glare for people inside. And just the overall style that empathized that the darkside was the true power in this place, and the controlling power of this planet.​
Deep in the training grounds Darth Raven awaited the arrival of [member="Samantha Zambrano"] , her newest apprentice. The girl she had only met yesterday but she'd already shown such promise upon meeting her. She learned that she had a knack for wanting to learn and through knowledge she would gain power as well. This had already drawn Raven to the prospect of having her be taught as she was before they could both better learn with each other once she'd progressed far enough.​
Today's lessons were only the basics but they would be endearing to say the least. The room itself was basically like one large obstacle course for force users. Now it was just a matter of waiting. Checking the time she realized Samatha had just ten minutes before being late, which she hoped she wasn't.​

[member="Darth Raven"]

Samantha was running off time, she should had been there five minutes before and now with ten minutes to go she was wandering the halls of the temple looking for the right place as she though. She was curious what trial it would be that came of this. More so what the former apprentice of taeli had in store. She had a good idea though knowing how much this one was like her master from what Samantha had seen. The interesting thing would be if Darth Raven would figure out that for ever moment she was studying Sam that her own actions were being watched by the Echani clone.

She considered it a game of cat and mouse, with both of them changing roles or both being the same roll at times. It was curious what the training would bring for her to know about her new master. Her temper, her patience, her feelings, energy. IT was all to be considered and something that was highly interesting to herself. Finally the room came up though on her right with a few minutes to spare as he walked in, wearing a simple black tunic which she had had for months. She had never used it though, having remained a book worm for all this time. "Master."

Upon her arrival Darth Raven turned to [member="Samantha Zambrano"] and smiled, saying "Glad you could make it. I was beginning to worry." She walked over to her and examined her for a moment, her yellow eyes peering up and down, before she gave her a more inquisitive look. "I trust you're ready for the lessons today, my dear. We will be covering the basics. I want to see how well you are on your own before we proceed into the more advanced lessons." She turned and gestured to the course, saying "You will be running this little obstacle course. With high ledge jumps, extending pillar traps, gaps, and flying turrets. This will help demonstrate how well you are with basic force abilities. You'll run it as many times until it is masters. Any questions?"

[member="Darth Raven"]

"Sure... whats the fastest time someone had been able to do this in master?" Her eyes turned to the woman, holding complete confidence in her abilities, knowing she could complete this. Well, believing she would. Her over confidence was something that would get her into trouble if she didn't get it into check but how that would be handled would be left up to Darth Raven. For now she got into position and looked at the course, ready to show her what she could do.

"It's not so much a matter of time, my dear. It's just that you complete it at all. Though, if I can remember correctly, I believe I clocked in at only 3 minutes when I had finally mastered it. But perhaps you may surprise me." She stood at the starting line and held her hand up. Instead of a GO or the like Darth Raven only snapped her fingers to indicate [member="Samantha Zambrano"] could start.​

[member="Darth Raven"]

Samantha shot from it without hesitation once the sound hit her ears, moving to the first obstacle and smiling. Her feet gathering a bit of speed before launching herself up as high as she could before grabbing onto the wall where she could. She would need to be faster and this was already too slow as she made her way for the top, it would need to be faster and jumping from the ledge would slow her further with the fact that it was going to definitely shock her. She was not used to drops like that.

The cold, yellow eyes of Darth Raven watched and almost calculated as she watched [member="Samantha Zambrano"] begin the course. As with any apprentice there was potential, but it was up to her on how far she could go to unlock it. In her mind she kept time while noting her performance. Slow but trying. If there was any advice she'd give it was the always popular "Try harder". She figured the Zambrano girl would know for herself.​

[member="Darth Raven"]

Her breath was controlled and her movements conservative. She wouldn't waste too much time or effort on teh Pillar traps but she was more than careful about how she approached them. She knew she had to trust in her gut but even then she took a second or two to glance over the pillars. She was not going to be a failure and she was going to do this right, not fast. Atleast not the first time and she would make sure that anything that in the end came her way was promptly hit full force in terms of her effort in it. Only once did she glance at Raven while on the pillar part, and it was to smile in a clearly cocky manner.

While she noted her movements that cocky smile had only made Raven perk an unimpressed brow. Just because she was doing good did not mean she could gloat about it. Haveing power and the skills to use it was a privalage, not a gift to be taken for granted. Even the Jedi knew this, but they only lacked the proper way to use set power. While [member="Samantha Zambrano"] might finish the pillar she still had to endure tests of both speed and cunning, which would from from the greater track and then the final strencth while avoiding stun blasts from droids. She was curious to see how she would do in thos areas.​

[member="Darth Raven"]

The droids caused her to hesitate for a second as she cursed and knew this was going to suck if she got hit. She can do this, she knew she could, she simply had to push and get past these tin constructs. Those gaps would make it harder and she breathed in before kicking off the ground with dirt flying from the ground and her hands curled up tighter. Pushing into teh fire before turning and looking at the first droid as it turned, fired. And then her world went dark as her body toppled to the ground without a seconds chance to move out of the way,

So the so-called prized student had a limit. Raven shook her head a little as the stun blast had managed to get [member="Samantha Zambrano"] when she thought she would do better. Still she'd come pretty far which was a good sign. More practice was needed though. The droids withheld fire as Raven apporched the stunned apprentice, her heels tapping as she came right up to her and loomed with burning yellow eyes.​
"You'll rest until you can walk. And then you'll try again." she stated.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom