Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Epicanthix

I require a bit of help in regards to gaining a better understanding of this race, if anybody would be willing to spare a few minutes and help me wrap my head around it. I really want to try my hand at playing them out and I figured this would be as good of an opportunity as any, considering I get to play off the race's physical inclusion of the epicanthic fold with my choice of a play-by, but outside of that I can't really seem to find out much about them. Outside of having a better physical condition than most Near-Human species, their distinct folds, and the inclination towards darker shades of hair, there's not much to go off of in regards to their appearance. Wookiepedia states that they are easy to recognize as such yet I'm having a hard time believing those previously mentioned characteristics are the main tipping points. Just as well, the article on them is woefully lacking for my liking, from every facet of life such as culture, history, traditions, and military to merely name a few.

I'm a dum-dum and not really sure where to turn for information outside of Wookiepedia, which has never really led me to a dead end before. If anybody could throw me a helping hand here, either through plainly stating the information I'm missing, offering me sources in the forms of comics or novels, or anything else that can come to mind, I'd be indebted. Just as well, if anybody could give me a rundown of their status in Chaos canon, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

[member="Nakama Kyoko"]
Vornskr knows more than myself but the Epicanthix are not only stronger than humans but also are immune to mental intrusions aka mind tricks. And when I say immune I mean immune. Their are some cases in the comics were Sith Lords couldn't penetrate a Epicanthixs mind.

[member="Fabula Caromed"]

Overused, huh? I admit my memory is rusty but I could of swore there were none other than Vornskr around the place. Well now I feel like less of a snowflake.

[member="Nulgath Zardai"]

Regarding the Immunity, I read a bit about that and quite frankly was hoping there was a serious case of typos and whatnot involved. I'm not going to complain much but complete and total immunity to that facet of the force just sits a bit wrong with me personally, eliminates some interesting role-play / story-lines and whatnot. Still, thanks for the heads-up / clarification, that pretty much fills up the strength list on it's own.

[member="Dune Rhur"]

There's nothing really racist about them tho'. They got the epicanthic fold and their name is basically a play off that, but that doesn't really mean anything. They are hardly stereotypical or whatnot.

[member="Ivy Lasranae"]

It's a choice, true. As for different races, still need to find something that properly plays off of the play-by first and foremost. And as I said, I've been interested in trying them out myself, in no small part thanks to Vornskr.

[member="Nakama Kyoko"]

For me, definition a species on the epicanthic fold is. The Japanese are cool because of their history/traditions and not slanted eyes which are simply an evolutionary trait.

The Epicanthic Fold isn't just confined to the Japanese, [member="Dune Rhur"].

It's also found in East Asians, Southeast Asians, Central Asians, South Asians, indigenous Americans, the San People, Berbers, Inuits, and even in Scandinavians and Poles.

Marcus Tritum

M
Ivy Lasranae said:
Oh there's quite a few of us rolling around here that aren't directly related to the Zambranos.

Right [member="Dak Canton"]?
We were Epicanthix before it was cool.

Tyberius Fel

Rightful Galactic Emperor
I'm pretty sure there is no significant information on Epicanthix culture, history and whatnot. I'm certain that their popularity being on par with that of Echani, Zeltrons and Zabraks (despite lacking any canon fleshing out as far as I'm aware ) has absolutely, positively nothing to do with the fact they can resist any and all mental attacks, even from that of a Sith Lord, whilst being otherwise identical to a baseline human. I swear.

gib muh racial mental immunity bonus

I started playing an Epicanthix character around about August 2007. At the time, on the board I was RPing on, few had even heard of them and none else played one, so I was able to embellish what was known at the time into a rich backstory not only for the Epicanthix, but for Panatha and the Pacanth Reach as well. I understand that Darth Vornskr/Kaine Zambrano has done the same here....so I guess on this site I shall have to adjust my backstory accordingly. I may have to send him a PM and ask for a few details.

As for the whole 'mind immunity' thing, I believe that was only written into canon with the publishing of The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance. Seems like a 'get out of jail free' card to me. I think the definitive nature of the epicanthic fold was written into canon around the same time. But as its suspected to be an evolutionary adaption against harsh wind and snow, perhaps it tells us something about the nature of Panatha?

Anyway, look forward to meeting some others in my travels :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom