Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Emissary

rhen+var.png
THE IRON KEEP
Csaplar • Csilla
Of course, [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] picked this week to take a vacation.

That sad sack of Corellian-Valkyri son of a biscuit eater was off chasing some red-headed schutta he'd probably met on the HoloNet. Tinder. Match. Or maybe It's Just Desperate! Whatever. Brah was on Midvinter probably living the Tháinbroek high life, with a beer and/or some poor chick's mammary glands in both hands.

And the apprentice, you ask?

The karking apprentice was on Csilla doing the damn Iron Praetor's job for him.

The word had come down five minutes ago. The Queen of Commenor was coming to Csilla.

Why?

Who knew. Maybe she was going skiing. Maybe she wanted to peruse the shops at Csaplar Boutique. Feth, the woman could want to sunbathe on the southern glacier for all he cared. Who knew why these high muckity-mucks or whatever nerf herders were calling themselves did what they did. They had credits, power, and influence.

Those were generally all bad things in people.

And, for whatever reason the gorram Imperial Security Bureau had kept this little agenda a secret. So now everyone in the Iron Legion was scrambling like their ass was on fire and their heads were catching. The Praetor was off womanizing, or slacking off (well, to be fair, he was Corellian. And he was Valkyri. So... that sounded right). The Iron Legate was off on some damn fool idealistic crusade, and most of the centurions were either on Ilum or in the field.

You know, if ISB had felt like, maybe, sharing was caring karkers then, maybe... just MAYBE they could have planned for this!

Did you have to be eleven years old to figure that out!?

So, as usual, the young Pantoran was about thirty meters in over his head, thanks entirely to the incompetence of the adult absolutist system of control. The only reason he was on Csilla in the first place was the fact that the Iron Praetor was goofing off and someone had to make sure the payroll got done.

Apparently that someone was the padawan.

Being an apprentice just meant you handled all the crap jobs so your boss master could get his drunk on in some Tháinbroek public house.

To be certain, the Iron Empire was not all rainbows and unicorns. The Empire had only recently quelled a violent Chiss extremist group and Mandalorian rebels had started to stir up trouble on Olstyn. So the Pantoran could appreciate that discretion was the better part of information security. But at least more than five minutes notice would have allowed someone other than The Iron Padawan to be the representative of the gorram Iron Legion.

Yes, your Highness. The Commenori should fear our valiant cadre of highly trained and deadly Force Users. Just look at that little blue boy and tell me you're not intimidated!

"-tt-"

Some deadly Force Users they were. The only thing Théo was killing was a keg.

"Ah, there he is now."

Rounding the corner, who else would it be but Lackey McSitherin. The ISB clerk who'd blocked all of Boo's attempts at getting much of anything done through official channels back on Olstyn. The security agent was lurking in the shadows like a total mooch, surrounded by a bunch of Iron Army goons.

Gesturing out toward the landing pad, the ISB master paper pusher said, "The royal cruiser is just about to land. You'll be meeting the queen when she arrives."

"What?" the child uttered. His voice slipped up an octave on that one, which immediately sent the Army goons into snickers. "Why me?"

"Chock it up to your non-threatening... huggable appearance."

Son of a Bith...

...and now the Army goons were out right laughing at him. Looking at the group, it was all the boy could do to just set his jaw and not have a go at them. Break this down like Wayland and take them to the Z-Hutt school of pain. Instead, and due largely to the fact that he'd have to answer to Théo, the boy raised one hand and just extended his middle finger. "Hug this, sleemo."

Seriously. In what karked up adult inebriated universe did that make sense. "Don't we have an Iron Emperor for these sorts of things?" the Pantoran blurted aloud.

Possibly not politically correct to invoke [member="Isamu Baelor"]'s title like that. Well, probably not politically correct.

Okay, he was talking out his arse here. Again, why was this his problem to begin with?

"Ask not what your Iron Emperor can do for you, but what you can do for your Emperor, youngling," Snarky Malarky opined, with an excess of personality. The Army goons were laughing it up. Boo just fixed a deadly glare at the man...

...or, attempted to, anyway. It was quite difficult to muster a good death glare when one had the face of an eleven year old kid.

Turning away, the small Pantoran began making his way toward where the ship carrying this Commenori Grand High Poobah would land. It was exposed to the cold of Csilla, and the boy was not wearing a cloak. Yet, the frost didn't seem to bother him. Not for a bit anyway.

Théo had bought some new clothes for him while they'd been at the Valkyri colony on Olstyn, so he looked like a little Midvinter kid in a brightly patterned tunic that was better suited to wear around the Iron Keep than what the Pantoran wore out in the field. A strange, crystalline pendant of Primeval design hung from around his neck.

Standing at the edge of the landing platform, the boy waited to see what fresh hell awaited him.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay hadn't been to Csilla before. She knew it to be cold, but didn't want to travel all the way from Commenor in heavy clothing. So once her ship entered the atmosphere on it's descent, she just put on a coat that was lined with the softest fur inside. Sure she wasn't wearing a big gown this time, but she didn't think that wearing a tight bodice was good in her condition. The jacket and blouse underneath was much more comfortable.

It was just minutes later that her ship touched down ever so gently onto the landing pad. The ramp was lowered, although instead of a bunch of guards walking down from it as would normally be expected when someone of her position visited a planet in another's territory, only Kay walked down. She had a satchel slung over her shoulders, it's strap held by one of her gloved hands. As always, her Force Signature was shrunk down to a small tree nut.

Instead of [member="Atheus"] being there, or the leader of the Iron Empire that she had only seen once in passing, Kay found herself being greeted by... [member="Boo Chiyo"] ? Her brows furrowed a little. She had met him once on Altier, back when she worked for the Republic. Truthfully she never expected to see the strange lad again. But here he was.

The Force sure moves in mysterious ways. And it had a sense of humour to boot.

"Hello...Am I early?" Of course she wasn't expecting a big fanfare, but it wasn't every day that a Queen was met on a foreign planet by a mere Youngling.

The loading ramp lowered as the royal transport settled over the landing pad.

The young Pantoran waited there a moment, expecting hordes of Commenori ceremonial guardsmen or knights or at least some gorram Secret Service to pour out of the ship like a clown car. When that didn't happen, the boy started walking toward the bottom of the loading ramp as a single individual appeared to exit.

Glancing up, the boy blinked as recognition struck.

His head tilted to one side, as his face adopted a very confused expression. This was the lady who'd helped him build homes on Altier. And attended a Primeval worship service with him. At least, before the Republic had come and blown it all to hell.

Granted, there'd apparently been some Riftborne or Cult of Balagoth worshipping karkers blowing chit up to boot.

"Kay?" the child asked, as the name floated up from the depths of memory. That was her name, wasn't it? Kay? Like mm'kay, only without the mm.

Boo and Kay had gotten caught in the middle. Crazed Primeval motherkarkers on one side, and the bloody Republic on the other. With a bunch of regular, ordinary people in between. Boo had focused on trying to save those folks, and let the zealots on either side take care of their own. But, he'd lost sight of Kay during that whole mess.

So... what was a missionary or social worker or just general decent human being doing here?

And, where was the rest of the gang?

Leaning to the left, the boy seemed to be trying to peer around Kay. Finally, his amber eyes flickered up as he innocently asked, "Where's the Commenori Queen lady?"

[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Well, at least [member="Boo Chiyo"] remembered her name. That was good to know as not everyone would remember. It seemed like a lifetime ago since they were near eachother, due to all of the events that had transpired since then. Yet here they were, together again.

Kay had to laugh as he asked where the Commenori Queen was, and so she did. She smiled when she was finished and gave him a little curtsie. "You're looking at her, m'Lord. I don't tend to take the whole court and a regiment of troopers with me when I visit friendly territory. And besides, it's more discreet this way, don't you think?"

She looked around, giving the lad a bit of a smirk. "So where's the welcoming party?" Of course she was teasing, yet she was curious as well. There was no one else there. It was strange that they'd send only Boo to greet her. What did that say for how strong their alliance was? Kay wondered if she should be a bit concerned.

She was laughing.

And, Boo, for his part, was still looking for the Commenori Queen.

When she gave the curtsy, the realization was starting to sink in. "What? Seriously?" the boy blurted aloud, with a complete lack of filter.

Now, it wasn't that Kay was not regal. She was probably one of the best human beings that the youngling have ever met. Even [member="Coci Heavenshield"], for all her virtues, had been oblivious to homeless Voss living in the shadow of the Silver Temple. The ghettos of Voss-Ka a part of the city she'd not visited until he'd taken her there. But Kay? Kay had built schools on Altier for refugees. She'd worked with her own hands and her own sweat, eaten alongside total strangers in complete squalor, and done so in order to try and make things better for them.

Boo didn't know what a king, a queen, an emperor, or even a supreme leader was supposed to be like... but none he'd served, even the grand masters of the Jedi, had been that benevolent. That charitable. That... human.

That's why the child's jaw was on the floor as Kay spoke to him now.

And where was the entourage to meet her?

Good question.

...if only he had a good answer. "Uh..." the young Pantoran began, trying to find where he'd misplaced his tongue. And perhaps his speaking faculties as well. "Uh... the Iron Praetor wanted to meet you, but affairs at home required him on Midvinter."

Well, that was a total lie.

...well, not a total lie. Théo really was on Midvinter. Just not on any official business. The only affairs at home he had to deal with was the inevitable scandal if he got up to do his rendition of Tubthumping at some kareoke bar.

Did they even have kareoke bars on Midvinter?

If there's a god... let's hope not.

Gesturing back toward the Iron Keep, the boy stepped aside so that Kay could start moving indoors. "The Emperor will be most glad to receive you." Was that true? Maybe. Boo honestly had no idea. He hadn't even met the dude yet, but it seemed like something you were just supposed to say at these things. "With recent uprisings by Mandalorian rebels, the Iron Crown wanted your visit to be... discrete, as you say."

Back to Bleeding Sun basics. Listen for the words she uses and then use those to construct your cover.

As the pair came into the covered halls, the boy spoke as they walked. "May I show you to you chambers?" Was he supposed to say 'Your Highness?' Or was it 'Your Grace?' 'Your Excellency?' 'Your Most Right Exalted Grand High Poobah-ness?' Seriously, they needed to give classes on this on something. "Or would m'lady prefer a stop along the way?"

...did anyone actually use the word 'm'lady' anymore?

[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Kay held in her laughter this time as [member="Boo Chiyo"] verbally stumbled in shock at the sudden revelation. She just wanted to rustle the boy's hair or at the very least, close his hanging jaw for him. In a lot of ways, she needed this; a break from the serious, a break from having to play a part, and to reconnect with a part of her past. It was fantastic.

The word of Mandalorian rebels caused her to raise a brow. What were they up to? Planning another Crusade? She'd have to look into it a bit, perhaps, just in case there was something for her to be concerned about.

As they walked she had a look around, having never quite been to a planet like it before. New experiences. Kay was a big fan of architecture, so she eyed the craftsmanship of the hall. "Well I wouldn't mind a tour. I've never been here before. And you can just call me Kay, by the way. I'm not really a stickler for titles." Especially when some just call her certain titles as an insult. "How have you been and what have you been up to, by the way? I haven't seen you since Altier."

"Kay," the boy echoed.

He could handle that.

Extending out his hand, the Pantoran asked, "Can I take your bag?" If they were going to walk for a bit, then there was no reason for her to have to bear that for the whole journey. "If you like, I can have it placed in your chambers for you."

When the pair had started walking again, the boy found himself trying to think of what a tour guide might do. Or even what they might say. "Csilla extends above and below the ice," he remarked, wondering if she knew that most of Csaplar was effectively underground. Similar to his own home of Coruscant, though finding 'ground' on Coruscant took a great deal of effort and had many definitions. Orto Plutonia, as well, had structures built under the ice... or so he'd been told. "The Iron Keep and the House Palace extend in both directions, above and below ground."

Following that line of thought, the boy offered, "If you like, I can show you the House Palace of the Chiss Ascendency. The Expeditionary Library is down there, if that sounds interesting."

Books.

Boring stacks of books, but it seemed adults got a kick out of 'em.

Her question made the boy pause to think... just what all had happened since Altier? On the one hand, his natural inclination was to say 'not much' but his very being here was contrary to that line of thought. "I'm well," the boy offered simply, explaining, "Nogras moves in mysterious ways... I've fallen into service to the Heavenshield family," he remarked, which was far more candid of a statement than he gave to most. But Kay already knew he was Primeval, so he saw no harm in speaking openly of his faith. "Which has somehow brought me here."

To a splinter kingdom of the One Sith.

"I think that says something for the cyclical nature of the galaxy," he uttered, somewhat cryptically. Did Kay know he was from Coruscant? He couldn't really recall, only that they'd spent what seemed a fair bit of time together that day on Altier.

[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Kay was a little reluctant to give [member="Boo Chiyo"] her satchel. It wasn't due to what was inside of it, but more so that she could handle it on her own. But the boy was being a gentleman and she couldn't refuse his kindness. So after that moment of hesitation, she slid her satchel off her shoulder and handed it to him. "That'd be lovely, thank you. Just have whomever place it on the bed, please."

She walked along beside him, though slightly behind as he was the one leading her. It was amazing, yet not surprising to hear about the underground being fairly well used here. Commenor had it's own tunnel network, however those were used for security and mining purposes, and for in case of war. They kept her people safe. Here it seemed that the climate had more to do with it than anything else.

"The Palace and library sound wonderful, but I didn't travel all of this way to read. What's the economy like here? Is everyone happy? Are there many that are downtrodden?" And by that of course she had meant the 'poor'. She had made it her mission to spur the economy of Commenor, make sure that every wage was at least a liveable one and to free up education. Those that didn't need to live beyond their means tended to have less stress and were happier. There was less of a need for them to go into illegal activities. That led to less crime and a well run society without needing to rule over them with an iron fist as some Imperials had told her she should do.

Boo started up on what has brought him here. So now he worked for the Heavenshield's did he? Kay hadn't really met them before, but her husband [member="Veiere Arenais"] knew them quite well. He knew a lot of people that she didn't and vice versa. But that was expected given their seperate paths.

Did the Heavenshield's know of Boo's religion? It was darker than most and not quite the type that Jedi would favour. Of course there was the off chance that he kept it a secret from them. "Whatever it is that is guiding me can certainly be cruel at times. No matter how much I try to stray from politics, I get thrown back into it, sometimes with brute force. I don't know why that is as there's far better politicians out there..." At least in her opinion. It was true though. Each time she went into another career or none at all, she'd be found and put back into politics. Even after she had agreed with Veiere back when she was President of Commenor, to only run the planet for just her term and then walk away from it, Prazutis abducted her and forced her onto the path that made her Queen. With that kind of position, there was no set term but her life.

Didn't come to read.

Reaching his right hand across his body, the boy turned his left arm so that his finger could tap the wrist link there. Bringing it up toward his face, he said, "Four-Two-Nine. I need a transport tube at the lower station." Then he turned back to their guest.

Didn't come to read.

This might be something of a boring trip. Aside from the Expeditionary Library and the House Palace, the Chiss ran a tight ship. If Kay had come looking for work, she ought to have gone to Mayferra or Olstyn. "The Chiss Ascendancy controls Csilla, as with the other worlds of the Chiss," the boy remarked. Like the feudal systems of auld, the Iron Throne delegated the day-to-day management of the realm to vassals. Of which, the Chiss Ascendency was the most powerful.

"The Chiss are divided into houses comprised of extended families," the boy added, which likely told her what she needed to know. If there were poor, homeless, or downtrodden on Csilla, the High Houses made sure to cover that chit up... least it give political advantage to one of their rival houses. "They seem to do an excellent job of looking after their own."

Key phrase being their own. Prior to the arrival and establishment of the Iron Throne on Csilla, non-Chiss at Csaplar were unheard of. Even now, with the capital of the Iron Empire on Csilla, non-Chiss made up less than two percent of the planet's population.

Oddly enough, here the Pantoran could almost blend in. Unlike most humanoid societies were his skin tone betrayed him as a near-human of some stripe. Here, it was only his yellow markings and his eyes that marked him as different from the native populace.

Imperial Security agents were holding a transport tube for them when they arrived, the aft carriage empty save for a handful of rather severe looking Chiss military police. Boo stepped on board the car.

After Kay had boarded, the doors shut and a voice announced. "House Palace. Next stop: House Palace."

The remark about their being better politicians was a sentiment the boy could appreciate. There were certainly better candidates for padawan to [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] than he. Instead of relating, however, he shared a piece of forbidden wisdom. "K'Ehleyr, one of the great poets among the Primeval..." the child began, before pausing a moment.

Reaching up, the boy made a quick, ritualistic gesture in which he touched the pendant he wore, his lips, and then the pendant again. "Nogras light be upon him," the youth uttered quietly, then continued in a normal voice, "...wrote that, great leaders do not seek power. They have power thrust upon them."

[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Kay didn't know much about the Chiss, having not really encountered many of them in her travels. They were...unique individuals that tended to stick among themselves. Some might consider that a bit snobbish, but there were others that were the same way. She liked to venture out though, whenever she could. Captivity, even being held up in a Palace, just didn't sit well with her. And when she is further along in her pregnancy, she will end up being confined to one place for a while. The question was whether or not [member="Veiere Arenais"] and the others were prepared to look after governing while she is unable to. Only time will tell.

[member="Boo Chiyo"] began describing a bit about Csilla and the Chiss society structure. It was all about the families. Kay was certain that there was family feuds and the like. Fortunately that was something that she never had to worry about. There was no one fighting for power over Commenor and it's allied worlds. That gave her plenty of freedom as well as less stress.

The appearance of the Imperial security, as well as the Chiss officers on board the transport tube made her suddenly feel as though she'd not have much by the way of freedom of movement here. The feeling of claustrophobia began to grow, so Kay looked to Boo while he spoke of a Primeval poet who's name sounded quite similar to her own. She had to smirk at the quote. "Well I'm sure that if he had ever met me, he'd rethink that statement. I've made mistakes and people don't often listen to me. That doesn't bode well for a leader." People had more respect for Veiere's authority than her own. There was probably plenty of reasons for that. In her opinion, he was the great leader while she was just a figurehead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom